Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

malchior

Re: MLB 2022 Season

Post by malchior »

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Someone plays in a soft toss league in the offseason. I hated soft toss when we had a team at work. I don't have the patience to wait for the ball to get to me. :lol:

In other news the Mets survived the road trip going 5-5. I can't be upset about that, but the f'n Braves won 11 straight cutting their lead in half. As I previously mentioned they had a cupcake schedule and they ate it all up. Crazy... Mets are now hitting an easier patch so hopefully they can return the favor.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/202 ... s-bullets/
Schwindel allowed just that one run in his inning of work, the fewest runs allowed by any of the Cubs’ five pitchers on the day. That also seems not good!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Who could have possibly predicted the Padres, without Tatis, would catch the Dodgers atop the NL West on June 13. Thanks, Cubs!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Sweet! The Padres (without Tatis) slipped into first place today over the idle Dodgers. Thanks Cubs! Incidentally, The Padres are one of only 3 teams with over 40 wins (Mets, Yankees).
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Braves have won 14 in a row. They have a weekend series with the Cubs so that streak could keep going. Next week they finally play some real teams. Mets lead is down to 4.5 games. :(
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Astros are the first team in MLB history to throw two immaculate innings in one game. Nine pitches, nine strikes, inning over. Two different pitchers same three batters. In fact, it's the first time there have ever been two immaculate innings thrown on the same day in the MLB.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:06 am Braves have won 14 in a row. They have a weekend series with the Cubs so that streak could keep going. Next week they finally play some real teams. Mets lead is down to 4.5 games. :(
Baseball being baseball, the Cubs snapped their 10 game losing streak by snapping the Braves 14 game winning streak.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice I'll be happy if they lose even 1 this weekend. :) So I guess I'm happy.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't think I'm my entire lifetime have seen a Mets team hit this consistently well. From top to bottom aside from catcher they are hitting. And Alonso is the 2nd best hitting in NY. What Judge is doing is just nutty, but Pete has kicked it up a notch. Hitting for average and power. Woo

Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Hrothgar wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:28 pm Astros are the first team in MLB history to throw two immaculate innings in one game. Nine pitches, nine strikes, inning over. Two different pitchers same three batters. In fact, it's the first time there have ever been two immaculate innings thrown on the same day in the MLB.
Since no one appreciated it the first time:

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yeah, well Trout homered in both games of a doubleheader in Seattle. He loves T-Mobile Park.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:46 am Yeah, well Trout homered in both games of a doubleheader in Seattle. He loves T-Mobile Park.
Now 3 games in a row. ;)
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

MLB 2022 Season

Post by Dramatist »

I enjoy when the Astros no hit the Yankees in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Dramatist wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:45 pm I enjoy when the Astros no hit the Yankees in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I enjoy when anyone no hits the Yankees anywhere. :)

Orioles with a 4-game winning streak and are one win away from their first winning month since 2017. Yeah, they're still bad, but at least they're more fun to watch.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Amazingly (given their start) the Red Sox are now in 2nd place in the AL East, having won their last 7 games and 8 of their last 10. Unfortunately they're still 11 games behind the Yankees, partly because of that terrible start but mainly because the Yankees are winning ~ 73% (!) of their games. Oh well - at least there's the possibility of an incredibly painful collapse by the Yankees. And fortunately the Red Sox are now in decent shape to make the postseason.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets are just holding station right now which isn't the worst thing. deGrom doesn't seem the least bit interested in actually ever coming back. He might be the best pitcher I've ever seen, but he doesn't seem very motivated to actually help the team. Max should be back next week at least.

stessier

Post by stessier »

I was at the Yankees v Red Sox game last night with the whole family. It was my first ever Yankees game and my kids first trip to Fenway. Even though the good guys lost, it was a ton of fun. We got to see 4 home runs, one of which was a tragic grand slam, some nice fielding, a horrible error, my kids doing the wave, singing Sweet Caroline, and chanting Yankees Suck. It was a really good time.

The only surprising part was how many Yankees fans there were. They scored 5 runs in the third with the aforementioned Grand Slam and then another homer going back-to-back and the place erupted in "let's go Yankees" chants that we couldn't drown out. I had seen a lot of jerseys, but had no idea they'd all be in the stadium.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

In a disturbing trend, some games are now only available on appleTV or Peacock (premium). No basic cable for chu. Way to further erode a dwindling viewership.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:43 pm In a disturbing trend, some games are now only available on appleTV or Peacock (premium). No basic cable for chu. Way to further erode a dwindling viewership.
The NFL is going that way this season with the TNF games only on Amazon Prime.

The NHL went that way this season with some games only on Hulu or ESPN+.

It's just how things are going in the sports world.
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:22 am I was at the Yankees v Red Sox game last night with the whole family. It was my first ever Yankees game and my kids first trip to Fenway. Even though the good guys lost, it was a ton of fun. We got to see 4 home runs, one of which was a tragic grand slam, some nice fielding, a horrible error, my kids doing the wave, singing Sweet Caroline, and chanting Yankees Suck. It was a really good time.

The only surprising part was how many Yankees fans there were. They scored 5 runs in the third with the aforementioned Grand Slam and then another homer going back-to-back and the place erupted in "let's go Yankees" chants that we couldn't drown out. I had seen a lot of jerseys, but had no idea they'd all be in the stadium.
I was also at that game! I was surprised by the Yankees fans too, although you figure that they're feeling pretty good and boisterous right now what with all their winning.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well Mets took the first game of a three game set in Atlanta. If they take two out of three I would be stoked. Otherwise they will be leaving with a half game lead. I personally think the Mets have too many holes to go super far this year unless they pull off something at the trade deadline. Catcher and third are a mess and we don't really have a great solution for either. I'm thinking this is like the 84 or 85 Mets. But Cohen doesn't seem to have any interest in waiting, so I'm sure he will be trying to do something by the deadline.

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:44 pm Sweet! The Padres (without Tatis) slipped into first place today over the idle Dodgers. Thanks Cubs! Incidentally, The Padres are one of only 3 teams with over 40 wins (Mets, Yankees).
That Padre lead didn’t last long.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:43 pm In a disturbing trend, some games are now only available on appleTV or Peacock (premium). No basic cable for chu. Way to further erode a dwindling viewership.
Even if you have ESPN there are more games on ESPN+. TBS and FS1 are showing games every week this year.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Scuzz wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:44 pm Sweet! The Padres (without Tatis) slipped into first place today over the idle Dodgers. Thanks Cubs! Incidentally, The Padres are one of only 3 teams with over 40 wins (Mets, Yankees).
Dude, that was June 16. And the Padres were sniffing first again until a terrible series against the Dodgers, and are still in a wildcard spot. At least the Giants are fading.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:10 am
Dude, that was June 16. And the Padres were sniffing first again until a terrible series against the Dodgers, and are still in a wildcard spot. At least the Giants are fading.
Agreed, at least the Giants are fading.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Scuzz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:22 am
Jaymann wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:10 am
Agreed, at least the Giants are fading.
Still plenty of time
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, the Red Sox are bad again. Part of that is due to pitching injuries (the Red Sox started rookie pitchers for four days in a row last week, which was the first time that had happened in a few decades) and part of that is how brutal the AL East is.

And the Orioles are apparently good now too! Like we can't have one completely terrible team in the division?
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I would be stoked if the Mets somehow win tonight, but they are missing their two better hitters. So not exactly getting my hopes up. Right now they are like 20 games over .500. And should get stronger soon not worse. So I expect it will be a dogfight with the Braves to the end. I still think the Braves have a better team. Jerks.

Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:36 am I would be stoked if the Mets somehow win tonight, but they are missing their two better hitters. So not exactly getting my hopes up. Right now they are like 20 games over .500. And should get stronger soon not worse. So I expect it will be a dogfight with the Braves to the end. I still think the Braves have a better team. Jerks.
As a Phils fan, there is not much agreement to be had with Mets fans.

This is one of those cases. Jerks.
Conform or be cast out!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well the Mets took 2 of 3 which I didn't expect. The have 4 games vs the Cubs before the break. I hope they can at least split the series. Obviously the Cubs aren't a very good team, but they always seem to lull after a difficult series. Maybe just maybe deGrom will come back after the break. Who knows though? :P I'm going to the Mets/Phillies game in August. Have seats right new the foul line field level. I've seen at least 3 HRs this week hit exactly where we are sitting. So it should be interesting. :lol:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

After approximately a month of being a professional baseball team, the Red Sox have devolved back to their April form. Notably, after losing the last two games before the All Star Break by scores of 15-1 and 14-2 (to the Yankees) they opened up the second half by losing to the Blue Jays 28-5. 28 runs is apparently a franchise record for runs allowed. The best highlight of sorts is when our center fielder lost a deep fly ball in the lights, and had it land 20 or so feet behind him, thereby allowing an inside the park grand slam.

Honestly though probably still better than April when they were leading most games and then regularly coughing up the lead in the 9th.
Black Lives Matter.
naednek

Post by naednek »

well, Giants got swept by the Dodgers. Lorini made sure to message me on Steam :)
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

naednek wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:50 pm well, Giants got swept by the Dodgers. Lorini made sure to message me on Steam :)
First time the Dodgers have swept a 4 game series in LA since the 90s.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Juan Soto and Josh Bell to the Padres.

Look out, NL West!
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:41 pm Juan Soto and Josh Bell to the Padres.

Look out, NL West!
What's got into the Friars? If Hosmer doesn't waive his no-trade clause he will be tarred and feathered.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Can't blame him. The Nationals are going to be a dumpster fire for a long time.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Apparently Hosmer refused to waive his no-trade so the trade will simply happen without him.
Hodor.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:41 pm Juan Soto and Josh Bell to the Padres.

Look out, NL West!
This makes me sad. I remember when the Nationals came to town back when I lived in the DC area and I was an instant fan. Yeah they kinda sucked in the beginning but they were fun to watch and when I moved to Massachusetts I made sure to sign up for MLB TV to keep watching the games. I know it’s the nature of the business but starting with the big purge and culminating with Soto and Bell there’s no one really left for me to emotionally root for.

Kind of wish they went to the Dodgers so I can see three of my favorite Nationals on one team. I miss Trea Turner too.

Baseball sucks.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Maybe Hosmer was holding out for a trade to the Yankees? And Tatis Jr. will be back in a week or so.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter