Stupid $%#@! Windows 11 security missing

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

JetFred

Stupid $%#@! Windows 11 security missing

Post by JetFred »

No I didn't check to see if this was discussed in a thread before. My son was just now able to get to my house where the data download is reliable to upgrade to Windows 11, and NEVER MIND the fact that a partial download before broke Windows 10 Update so it no longer saw 11 as available so I had to use the installation tool...anyway, I got it installed. I was looking forward to dumping Trend Micro (previous thread) since he's no longer in a school that requires it and Windows 11 is supposedly secure enough on its own. Then I immediately discover that Windows Security is simply gone. I look online and find that a bunch of other people had this problem after upgrading months ago and Microsoft suggests all kinds of stuff, until eventually a group of users just posted how to fetch the security app again using Power Shell. It instantly grabbed it and all is fine.

HOW does Windows manage to install without the Windows Security app? System file checker and DISM scans found no problems. How in the world am I suppose to know what else is screwed up? I only realized security was broken when I clicked the shield to open the dashboard and it gave an error as if a Defender file needed an app to open it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I have but one advocate.
gilraen

Re: Stupid $%#@! Windows 11 security missing

Post by gilraen »

FWIW, I consider any new version of Windows to be in beta until Service Pack 1.