NCAA Football 2022

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Scuzz

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Post by Scuzz »

UCLA is suddenly looking like the team from prior years. They dominated for 3 quarters.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

We'll see. Utah next week is a completely different challenge . It's fun to be playing well again tho.
Last edited by Pyperkub on Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Will be here again next weekend .!Image

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:48 am Will be here again next weekend .!Image
Great pic!

I still have no idea if we’re any good, but it should be a fun one next week.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Oh,I think you're good, just maybe not as good defensively as last year. You set a high bar last year... Rising is better than last year tho.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:20 pm Oh,I think you're good, just maybe not as good defensively as last year. You set a high bar last year... Rising is better than last year tho.
He is, but the loss of Kuithe and Tavion Thomas becoming a headcase makes it kind of a wash. Multiple reports that Thomas is skipping team meetings and practices (which is why he got benched against ASU) and isn't putting in any of the conditioning work. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was announced this week that he's left the team. Shame, as he's probably borderline NFL if he gets his head right.

I'm actually more nervous for UCLA than I am USC, since we get the Trojans at home. DTR has experience and we didn't have to face him last year at Rice Eccles. I fear he's going to carve up our secondary, who hasn't been great outside of Clark Phillips. If our run game doesn't show up to control the clock and keep DTR on the sidelines, he's going to have a field day.

Utah's favored by 4, but I would personally flip that in UCLA's favor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:21 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:20 pm Oh,I think you're good, just maybe not as good defensively as last year. You set a high bar last year... Rising is better than last year tho.
He is, but the loss of Kuithe and Tavion Thomas becoming a headcase makes it kind of a wash. Multiple reports that Thomas is skipping team meetings and practices (which is why he got benched against ASU) and isn't putting in any of the conditioning work. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was announced this week that he's left the team. Shame, as he's probably borderline NFL if he gets his head right.

I'm actually more nervous for UCLA than I am USC, since we get the Trojans at home. DTR has experience and we didn't have to face him last year at Rice Eccles. I fear he's going to carve up our secondary, who hasn't been great outside of Clark Phillips. If our run game doesn't show up to control the clock and keep DTR on the sidelines, he's going to have a field day.

Utah's favored by 4, but I would personally flip that in UCLA's favor.
As mentioned upthread, with DTR and Charbonnet healthy, we have one of the top offenses in the Country (tho we have had some Red Zone issues, do manage to get there on just about every possession). The major question for us against Utah is whether our lines are tough enough to handle yours. Especially our DL, where we're running a 2-5-4 base defense and are really thin at the DT positions with some major injuries pushing our 3rd stringers into heavy duty. Thus far, we've held up, but Utah's DL is a completely different level than what we've faced thus far AND we have had huge issues with Rising's mobility.

In looking back at the UW game on replay tho, we did a stellar job on Penix in the passing game, they were barely over 100 yds passing in the first half when it really counted and had issues running the ball. That side of the ball is developing well despite the injuries up front it appears.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

An interesting quirk to the transfer portal and NCAA eligibility:
Multiple SMU players plan to sit out the rest of season, enter transfer portal...

...In the transfer portal era, players who have not exceeded four games played and who haven’t used their redshirt could preserve a season and find a new home after the season. The transfer portal window will last 45 days this season starting the first day after the national championship.

msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Young's shoulder sprain appears to be minor. Day to day. Coach Saban says he's had these before and it usually lasts 'a few days'.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

UCLA looking great in the first half. Utah’s extremely lucky to only be down 4.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

UCLA’s offense is for real.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

That was a fun game. Hot at the Rose Bowl today tho.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:54 pm That was a fun game. Hot at the Rose Bowl today tho.
Props to your Bruins, that was an ass-whupping. Utah had no answers at all on defense and just got gashed over and over for big plays.

Defensively, I think Utah took a much bigger step back this year than any of us expected, especially the LBs. They were constantly overpursing, out of position, or making absolutely boneheaded plays. I think Reid's late hit out of bounds on third down after we had cut it to 3 was the turning point in the game. We would have gotten the ball back, but UCLA went right down and scored instead. Bruins are definitely the real deal.

Not so fun fact: The last two games they've played in the Rose Bowl, Utah's defense has given up 90 points (to tOSU and now UCLA). That's...not great.

Definitely a re-calibration point for the season. CFB is definitely gone, conference title is still a very slim possibility (would require a run of the table). Lots to try and figure out.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yeah, you guys really miss Devin Lloyd making plays all over the field.

The other thing was that you don't have the speed at the skill positions - we have 4-5 guys who could make that 70 yd play. Not sure you have anyone

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:09 pm The other thing was that you don't have the speed at the skill positions - we have 4-5 guys who could make that 70 yd play. Not sure you have anyone
Yep. Dixon is the only guy with breakaway (I.e. 4.4) speed, and he’s very situational since he’s so small (only 5’7”).

Losing Kuithe is such a massive loss, as he was a huge mismatch.

Just saw ASU beat Washington. The P12 is so weird.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Xmann wrote:Image

That was an ass kicking.

Sincerely,

An LSU fan
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

You have one play to upset the #1 team in the country and that’s what you run??

C’mon man.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Oregon State pulls a Pac12 After Dark - wow!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:30 am You have one play to upset the #1 team in the country and that’s what you run??

C’mon man.
Both teams looked like they were trying to lose last night. I think I know Jalen Milroe may not be our answer at QB next year. Ty Simpson will most likely over take him in the off season. He looked awful but then again Bill O'Brien cannot scheme our WRs open. He needs to go after this season, I just hate to think we wasted Bryce Young's talent on BOB offense. :x
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:30 am You have one play to upset the #1 team in the country and that’s what you run??

C’mon man.
I only saw the scoreboard in real time, had to watch the play today. What a stinker!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:39 am Oregon State pulls a Pac12 After Dark - wow!
Just saw the highlights. The catch for that final TD was amazing!
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

C’mon man.
What a terribly run play. Even had the ball been caught the receiver was short of the end zone. The Bama DB is saying he could hear Fisher call the WRs name before the play.
Black Lives Matter
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Well....people definitely can't say that Bryce Young is only good because of the team he's on anymore. We are garbage without him.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:16 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:09 pm The other thing was that you don't have the speed at the skill positions - we have 4-5 guys who could make that 70 yd play. Not sure you have anyone
Yep. Dixon is the only guy with breakaway (I.e. 4.4) speed, and he’s very situational since he’s so small (only 5’7”).

Losing Kuithe is such a massive loss, as he was a huge mismatch.

Just saw ASU beat Washington. The P12 is so weird.
I'd love it if Utah put in a WR package for Clark Phillips III this week ;)

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I looked it up and there are still 14 undefeated teams in the top 25. Will be interesting to see who falls off the streak first. Some will be playing each other.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Speaking of nostalgia, I stumbled across a Bottom 10 column on ESPN's site. Sadly it is college only.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

This should be an interesting weekend with a few of the “name”unbeatens playing each other.
Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:24 pm This should be an interesting weekend with a few of the “name”unbeatens playing each other.
Yes, this weekend looks fantastic. I don't think you get this many ranked vs ranked matchups too often.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Baylor- West Virginia was a crazy way to start this weekends games off!!

Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Go Big !

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Tennessee beat Bama, plain and simple. Congrats to them. That field goal was an ugly kick though.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

That’s a good win for Utah and a bad loss for USC. I do respect the Utes going for 2.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Just got home from the game. That was crazy. I’ve been going to Utah games my entire life, and that’s easily as loud as it’s ever been. Just an amazing experience.

This team’s still got some rather glaring issues (and another 1-2 losses, I think), but that win was damn fun.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:Just got home from the game. That was crazy. I’ve been going to Utah games my entire life, and that’s easily as loud as it’s ever been. Just an amazing experience.

This team’s still got some rather glaring issues (and another 1-2 losses, I think), but that win was damn fun.
Congrats! Of course, Riley appeared to blame it on the refs in the clip i saw. (IMHO, SC might have got into fg range of Addison hadn't got injured, but huge going for two. That seemed like a fun game to be at.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:30 am Riley appeared to blame it on the refs in the clip i saw.
Of course he did. :lol:

It was one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in a long time, but it certainly wasn’t one-sided. I still want to know how USC called - and was granted - a TO “during the play” (as the ref said). It was absolute nonsense all around.

Utah left 10 points on the field (a missed short FG and fumbling at USCs 1 yard line…a nasty habit we’ve developed), and still managed to eke out a win.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That TO call was really...odd. It really seemed like the refs were saying "we screwed that one up big time, so we're going to spout some nonsense to give USC a chance.

And I've never seen back to back targetting calls. Crazy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just slipping in to scream TN over Bama wooooooo..wow what a game ender.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:
Pyperkub wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:30 am Riley appeared to blame it on the refs in the clip i saw.
Of course he did. Image

It was one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in a long time, but it certainly wasn’t one-sided. I still want to know how USC called - and was granted - a TO “during the play” (as the ref said). It was absolute nonsense all around.

Utah left 10 points on the field (a missed short FG and fumbling at USCs 1 yard line…a nasty habit we’ve developed), and still managed to eke out a win.
Apparently they blew the play dead.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.