[Amazon] Undone

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

[Amazon] Undone

Post by Zaxxon »

As mentioned in the Amazon thread, I came across Undone in a review of Love, Death, and Robots S3. All I can say is that I was immediately blown away and hooked, and binged the first (short) season immediately. Hooked so much so that I'm making this dedicated thread.

Undone is a rotoscoped show from the creators of Bojack Horseman. It centers around Alma, a young woman who's struggling to define her life and relationships to those around her. I'll hold off on giving more of the story because I think it's best experienced by going in knowing very little, as I did. Oh, and Bob Odenkirk is also a part of the show, so what more do you need? Season 1 aired just prior to the pandemic, and Season 2 came out last month.

Undone on Amazon

For folks who don't want to go in blind:

Season 1 trailer:

Ars Technica War Stories piece with Hisko Hulsing, director/production designer:
Malificent

Re: [Amazon] Undone

Post by Malificent »

I binged the second season as soon as it came out and felt it took the story in just the right direction and wrapped up in what I felt like, after watching, was the only way they could've ended it.

Spoilers for the end of Season 2 follow:
Spoiler:
Never have I felt the "was it a dream or not" ending to be more appropriate. After Alma does all this work to understand and fix her family, it needed to come back around to her in the end. I love the idea that whether it was a dream or not doesn't really matter because in the end, the result is the same: Alma is headed in a direction where she might be able to heal from the trauma of her past.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Well now I have to go binge season 2 so I can read your spoiler!

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Life got in the way of me binging S2, but I finally finished it up tonight. Amazing show.

Malificent, fully agree with your spoilered comment.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Also, that penultimate episode: holy shit.