Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

NickAragua

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:21 am So we just need to eliminate one more target, right? Also, will the Hetzer still be firing?
Yes. The less that get let through, though, the better.

The Hetzer's crew has bailed out, so it won't be firing.
Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

>Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
Needs 1 [2 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 5 : succeeds.
The pilot ejects safely!
*** Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 80 damage to LT.
SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
73 damage transfers to CT.
Critical hit on LT. Roll is 6; no effect.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 73 damage to CT.
SECTION DESTROYED.
Critical hit on CT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
CRITICAL HIT on Standard Gyro.
CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

Location has no more hittable critical slots.

LRM 20 at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 6 : 16 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LA.
5 damage transfers to LT.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LT.
5 damage transfers to CT.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to CT.

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RL (critical).
14 Armor remaining.
Critical hit on RL. Roll is 6; no effect.

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RL.
9 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to LA.
1 damage transfers to LT.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to LT.
1 damage transfers to CT.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to CT.

LRM 20 at Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 20 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ +4 bonus).

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.
3 damage transfers to CT.
Critical hit on RT. Roll is (10+2) = 12; 3 locations.
CRITICAL HIT on +AC/20.
CRITICAL HIT on +AC/20.
CRITICAL HIT on +AC/20.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to CT.

Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
5 damage transfers to CT.

Stop, stop, he's already dead!

The Mix, you're going to want to pull back from those shells landing to your east. And I think I'll pass on firing off any more artillery rounds, since they probably won't land before the match ends and we're all getting awfully intermixed.

I'll move to 1030 and continue firing at the Shadow Hawk.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'll turn twice to the left. I don't have LOS on the Fire medium pulse lasers at the 2128 Vedette, right? If that's right then I'll fire the medium pulse lasers, two large lasers, LRM and LBX-10 at the 2323 Archer (who I think I have LOS to)

I guess my buddy can join in too if they don't bail out.
Black Lives Matter.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

That's a damn lot of damage to land square on on an already dead Thud, for sure.

Nick, am I within 10 of the Archer?

Also, which spots is arty trying to hit this turn?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:33 pm Nick, am I within 10 of the Archer?

Yep, exactly.

4727 and 1819
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:40 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:33 pm Nick, am I within 10 of the Archer?

Yep, exactly.

4727 and 1819
The Bandersnatch is probably growing very sick of these clairvoyant Long Tom shots :lol:

The surviving Griffin still has all its guns, yes?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I assume 2621 will give me coverage from the Partisan?

If so, face NE and engage the Vedette.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:58 pm I assume 2621 will give me coverage from the Partisan?

If so, face NE and engage the Vedette.
You could move and stomp on the Partisan, and then shoot whatever you wish to.

Melee vs vehicles is usually a great idea, and AC/5 have a mininum of 3, so it's highly unlikely to hit you regardless.

I think the 2022 Hetzer is still active, you are in a good spot for unloading into its side/rear.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvil on Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I'm trying to count it, but I keep confusing myself. I'll move to 4130 or 4230, as far west as I can reach, and fire at the Bandersnatch. Explosive round at 4728.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:58 pm I assume 2621 will give me coverage from the Partisan?
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Melee vs vehicles is usually a great idea, and AC/5 have a mininum of 3, so it's highly unlikely to hit you regardless.

I think the 2022 Hetzer is still active, you are in a good spot for unloading into its side/rear.
In fact, standing on top of a vehicle means that it can't fire on you, while you can stomp it with impunity. Of course, due to MP restrictions, you can only target the 3118 Vedette with one PPC if you move on top of the Partisan, so that's up to you.

But yes, 2621 blocks LOS to the Partisan.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:53 pm The surviving Griffin still has all its guns, yes?
Correct.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:31 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:08 pm

In fact, standing on top of a vehicle means that it can't fire on you, while you can stomp it with impunity. Of course, due to MP restrictions, you can only target the 3118 Vedette with one PPC if you move on top of the Partisan, so that's up to you.

But yes, 2621 blocks LOS to the Partisan.
Let's go with that plan
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Akalon

Post by Akalon »

Can I make it to 4225?

If so I'll move there and hit the griffin at 4826 in the back with my lasers, while my buddy comes around to 4324 and fires on the griffin and the SRM carrier(laser on the Griffin, missle's on the SRM carrier).

Can we get a smokescreen shell to 4231 from a long tom to help cover TheMix pulling back, please?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:43 am
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:26 am Not sure why I'm facing to the NW. I thought I specified NE, but irrelevant now.
Sorry about that, I completely blanked on the facing. Even had it written down.
Didn't seem to stop me from getting in a couple of shots. Though it may have helped in getting my right side demolished. I don't remember how it was looking before that round.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Actually... it looks like the safer play is to actually head west instead of trying to get off the map ASAP.

I have 7 movement if I run, correct?

Can I get to 4129 and face south? That would put the hill between me and the Griffin, Bandersnatch, et. al. And put my left side to them.

Assuming, of course, that the Vedette way up in 3118 won't be able to target me.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:45 pm I have 7 movement if I run, correct?

Can I get to 4129 and face south?
8 - facing south will use up the last of your MP, so that works out pretty well.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:51 pm
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:45 pm I have 7 movement if I run, correct?

Can I get to 4129 and face south?
8 - facing south will use up the last of your MP, so that works out pretty well.
Let's go with that.

And I suppose if there is any feasibility, I'll fire off a LRM salvo at any worthwhile targets. Assuming there is anyone to direct my fire.

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Akalon wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:19 pm Can I make it to 4225?

If so I'll move there and hit the griffin at 4826 in the back with my lasers, while my buddy comes around to 4324 and fires on the griffin and the SRM carrier(laser on the Griffin, missle's on the SRM carrier).

Can we get a smokescreen shell to 4231 from a long tom to help cover TheMix pulling back, please?
You think you can finish the Griffin on your own?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Is my Drillson nimble enough to go from hex 1425 to 1229 facing the Locust in 1034 and unloading whatever weapons are effective?

I’d like to move the Mackie to hex 0932 facing the Shadow Hawk in 0335 and joining WestorEast in pummeling the Shadow Hawk with whatever weapons are best, including my crotch beams.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:24 pm Is my Drillson nimble enough to go from hex 1425 to 1229 facing the Locust in 1034 and unloading whatever weapons are effective?
Yep, he's good. Will need to make a few PSRs to avoid skidding, but that's the nature of hovercraft.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:40 pm
$iljanus wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:24 pm Is my Drillson nimble enough to go from hex 1425 to 1229 facing the Locust in 1034 and unloading whatever weapons are effective?
Yep, he's good. Will need to make a few PSRs to avoid skidding, but that's the nature of hovercraft.
Thanks! Let’s light that Locust up then!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Sgtsoldier123

Post by Sgtsoldier123 »

I'd like to move towards 2524 and hit the Archer at 2624 with my pulse Lasers and hit the Hetzer at 2023 with my ER Large Lasers. As for my buddy, I'd like him to focus on the Archer.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Damn, that poor Archer is getting all kinds of unfriendly attention.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

WestorEast wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:53 pm Damn, that poor Archer is getting all kinds of unfriendly attention.
Somebody give it a blindfold... Ready... Aim... Fire!
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

I was going to shoot the Archer, but everyone pilled up on it so hard that if it doesn't die this round, it's on you :lol:

> LICH: Both ERLLs and LRMs on the surviving Griffin.

I'm really digging this "Prime with extra missiles" config. We don't have 15-tube Clan LRMs, right?
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

I'll move to 1030 and continue firing at the Shadow Hawk.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Behemoth bailout roll, target <73; roll 82 - bails out

"Artillery, cease fire, cease fire, you're hitting friendlies!" WestOrEast calls out to the buddy Long Tom as a shell goes stray and catches one of our bailed out crews in a blast (along with a Scorpion tank, which rattles around but remains intact). Bass's Long Tom buddy is a lot more accurate and the shell lands right between the surviving Griffin and Bandersnatch, pinging the Griffin's head with shrapnel while stripping some armor off the Bandersnatch's right arm.

---

"Ugh, where'd everything go?" Isgrimnur asks, levering the Thug up from the ground. "Hey, come back here!" he calls out, chasing after the escaping Partisan. "And hey, artillery, watch it, some of us aren't camped out on top of a hill!"

The Thug lets loose PPCs and SRMs at the escaping Hetzer - most of the fire impacts the bottom of the intervening hill, but a pair of SRMs find their way at the wheeled assault gun's left side, blowing the wheels away - it slides off and stops moving, carving a line in the ground.

Weapons fire from the Crusader comes at our assault mech as it gets up, but the LRMs go wide. Isgrimnur frowns at the Partisan below him, then brings the Thug's foot down straight through the top, crushing the tank's engine.

--

"Well, at least I don't have to worry about overheating now." Akalon grumbles as the Vulcan's lasers both strike intervening terrain instead of the target Griffin. His buddy swings around the hill, only to eat LBX autocannon rounds from the Bandersnatch, making hash of the hovertank's drive fans. Along with its sensors. And jamming the turret. A large pulse laser from the Griffin brings it down to the ground.

Said Griffin takes a good number of LRMs to its upper section from Lich, the right arm taking severe damage - sparks and blue heat sink fluid can be seen coming out of the limb, which is subsequently severed by a gauss slug from Leraje's Demon tank buddy.

TheMix retreats to the west, putting a hill between himself and the bulk of the hostiles, but turns left a little - with Bass designating the Bandersnatch, our mechwarrior is able to achieve LRM lock and fire off a salvo of LRMs, intending it more as suppressive fire than anything else.

To TheMix's great surprise, the target icon for the Bandersnatch disappears. "Hey, good shot, nailed 'im right in the head!" Bass calls out.

---

WestOrEast and Siljanus continue trying to take down the Shadow Hawk, Siljanus easily levering his mech up from a kneeling position and opening up with the "central mount" lasers. Siljanus scores a PPC and a laser hit on the 55-ton mech's left side, nearly melting its left arm. An autocannon string from the Hatchetman strikes the hill to the northwest of Siljanus' Mackie while a laser removes a small amount of armor from the right torso. The Locust briefly turns around, eating a small number of SRMs from Siljanus' tank buddy, and drills the Mackie in the right torso, hitting the weak spot and frying a heat sink.

The distraction allows WestOrEast to line up a PPC shot at the side of the Shadow Hawk's protruding head, removing it. Unfortunately, our mechwarrior triggered the Griffin's whole weapons package, so a laser also connects with the 55-tonner's left torso ammo bin, shattering the mech. "Whoops." our mechwarrior quips.

---

SgtSoldier sidesteps the approaching Archer, ignoring for a moment the Phoenix Hawk's heat alarms and moving forward to support Isgrimnur, blasting away at the Archer with all weapons - unable to get a good bead on the Hetzer weaving through the canyon below. Two lasers hit the heavy mech's upper section, damaging the armor. The Archer retaliates, melting the armor off the Phoenix Hawk's left arm.

Then, El Guapo's heavy weapons - lasers, autocannon rounds and a small LRM salvo - come in, gouging and melting armor from the heavy mech's left side. Leraje joins in with four PPC blasts - the 70-tonner's foot melts as a result of one particularly nasty hit.

The volume of fire brings the Archer down, where it crunches both its right arm and right leg, including the right arm laser.

---

"Hey, they're running! Locust breaking south!" Siljanus reports.

"Condor breaking south." TheMix's buddy tank calls out.

"Everyone else retreating north." El Guapo confirms. "Good shooting everyone."

"Should we pursue?"

[] "Negative. All units cease fire."
[] "Affirmative - pursue southern units only."
[] "Affirmative - take them all down."

If a pursuit option is chosen, I'll play it out "off screen".

Final Battlefield State:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw Data:
Spoiler:
Initiative Phase for Round #6
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 5[3+2].
Mercenary Primary Opfor rolls a 4[3+1].

Targeting Phase
-------------------
Weapons fire for Mobile Long Tom Artillery (Unofficial) (+ Carriage) ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Long Tom, will land in 1 turn(s).

Weapons fire for Mobile Long Tom Artillery (Unofficial) (+ Carriage) ID:237 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Long Tom, will land in 1 turn(s).

Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 3 [3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 4 : succeeds.

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 2 [2 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:122 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 1626 to hex 1627 (flanking and turning).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (flanking and turning)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:122 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 1627 to hex 1528 (flanking and turning).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (flanking and turning)], rolls 12 : succeeds.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 2428 to hex 2427 (flanking and turning).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (flanking and turning)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords) is abandoned by its crew.
*** Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:130 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***

Offboard Attack Phase
-------------------
Weapons fire for Mobile Long Tom Artillery (Unofficial) (+ Carriage) ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Long Tom at Hex: 4727 (Artillery) needs 8, rolls 7 : misses and scatters to hex 4627.
Vehicle Crew Lola Han ID:242 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) hit for 30 damage.
        Infantry is hit by area-effect artillery!!! Damage doubled.
        Infantry platoon caught in the open!!! Damage doubled.
        Vehicle Crew Lola Han ID:242 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 20 damage to MEN.
             PLATOON KILLED,
*** Vehicle Crew Lola Han ID:242 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
        Vehicle Crew Lola Han ID:242 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to MEN.
Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) hit for 5 damage.
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to HD.
            4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Rukhi Sirki" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Rukhi Sirki" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 3 : successful!
Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) hit for 5 damage.
        Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RA.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mobile Long Tom Artillery (Unofficial) (+ Carriage) ID:237 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Long Tom at Hex: 1819 (Artillery) needs 11, rolls 8 : misses and scatters to hex 2120.
Vehicle Crew Corporal Vigilia Elías ID:240 (1st Octopus Overlords) hit (using Left Side table) for 50 damage.
        Infantry platoon caught in the open!!! Damage doubled.
        Vehicle Crew Corporal Vigilia Elías ID:240 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 20 damage to MEN.
             PLATOON KILLED,
*** Vehicle Crew Corporal Vigilia Elías ID:240 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***
        Vehicle Crew Corporal Vigilia Elías ID:240 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to MEN.
        Vehicle Crew Corporal Vigilia Elías ID:240 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to MEN.
Scorpion Light Tank (ML) ID:201 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) hit (using Right Side table) for 5 damage.
        Scorpion Light Tank (ML) ID:201 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RS (critical).
            6 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is 7; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:215 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:215 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 6 at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:215 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

SRM 6 at Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:215 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -2 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table) (w/ -4 malus).

Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:215 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to LS.
            22 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 15; (w/ +4 bonus)
             Major damage, vehicle immobile.

Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (Scout) ID:215 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to LS.
            20 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:203 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)

ER Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 15 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 2 : misses

LRM 15 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 3, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits LT
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to LT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LA
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LA.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 4; no effect.

Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Streak SRM 2 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : fails to achieve lock.

Streak SRM 2 at Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits RT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 5.
            16 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits LT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            12 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/10 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)

Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 6 damage to RT.
            26 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to RL.
            15 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 11 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 8.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            5 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 4 : - Glancing Blow -hits RA
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to RA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 5 : hits LT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to LT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits LL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to LL.
            19 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 5, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 8 missile(s) hit (w/ +4 bonus).

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LA.
            17 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to LA.
            14 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 5 : 3 pellet(s) hit.

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to LL.
            18 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to LT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 1 damage to RT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : 8 pellet(s) hit.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR.
            18 Armor remaining.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR (critical).
            17 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 9; Sensors Hit!

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR.
            16 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.

15 Armor remaining.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LS.
            18 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 10; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Heavy damage, +3 to driving skill rolls, 1/2 MP.

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to FR (critical).
            14 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 9; Sensors Hit!

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to TU (critical).
            23 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is 9; Turret Locked!

13 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 5; (w/ +3 bonus)
             no effect.

Medium Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 16 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.

ER PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 17 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             13 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is (7+2) = 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Foot.

ER PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 16 damage to LL.
            2 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 16 damage to CT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 20 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Large Pulse Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits FR
        Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to FR.
            4 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

ER Large Laser at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:210 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Medium Laser at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

PPC at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 20 at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 20 at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -12 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to HD.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on HD. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

Pilot of Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Noelle Wei" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Noelle Wei" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 12 : successful!

Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to HD.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on HD. Roll is (5-2) = 3; no effect.

Pilot of Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Noelle Wei" is already dead, so no damage is dealt!

Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to RA.
            6 Armor remaining.

Large Pulse Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RA
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to RA.
            3 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) CT
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 3 damage to CT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits LA
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits HD
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to HD.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) DESTROYED by damage! ***
         >Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 4 [2 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) + 3 (Head Internal Structure Damage) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 7 : succeeds.
            The pilot ejects safely!

Pilot of Pilot Bahupatu Munish ID:245 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Bahupatu Munish" takes 4 damage (5 total hits).
            Critical hit on HD. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Life Support.

Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Bahupatu Munish" has ejected, so no damage is dealt!

ER Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to LA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        6 damage transfers to LT.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 6 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             9 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (7+1) = 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on AC/5 Ammo (15).
            *** AC/5 Ammo EXPLODES! 75 DAMAGE! ***
         Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Bahupatu Munish" has ejected, so no damage is dealt!

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 75 damage to LT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                66 damage transfers to CT.
                    Critical hit on LT.         Roll is 2;         no effect.
                Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 66 damage to CT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                    Critical hit on CT.         Roll is 6;         no effect.

ER Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LT
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to LT.
        7 damage transfers to CT.
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 7 damage to CT.

LRM 15 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -5 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side table) CT
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to CT.
            12 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 20 at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 9 : 20 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Arm.
            CRITICAL HIT on Double Heat Sink.

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 2; no effect.

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Weapons fire for Condor Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:214 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 suffers no damage. (LL behind cover)

LRM 10 at Laser Carrier (Standard) ID:224 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Machine Gun at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Machine Gun at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 2 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to RT.
            0 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Standard) ID:216 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/5 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Demon Tank (Standard) ID:166 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Gauss Rifle at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RA
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 15 damage to RA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        8 damage transfers to RT.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Double Heat Sink.
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 8 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:122 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 4 damage to RA.
            0 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 2 at Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

SRM 2 at Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - 1 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ -8 malus).

Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 3.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (7-2) = 5; no effect.

Weapons fire for Behemoth Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:220 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     LRM 5 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RL
        Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : 1 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:199 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) LL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 9 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (2+1) = 3; no effect.

SRM 2 at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 1 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ +4 bonus).

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to RTR.
            4 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - 1 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to CTR.
            5 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Machine Gun at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 10 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 8.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            18 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 6 damage to RL.
            26 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Machine Gun at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Machine Gun at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits RT (critical)
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT (critical).
            24 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     Medium Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits LT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            12 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 3, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to CT.
            39 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - 3 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            39 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 7 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            27 Armor remaining.

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 2 [2 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 3, rolls 4 : succeeds.

Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; 120+ damage).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 6 (120+ damage)); needs 13, rolls 5 : falls.
     Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) falls on its front, suffering 7 damage.
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RL.
             8 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 4; no effect.
        Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 2 damage to RA.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on +Medium Laser.
            CRITICAL HIT on Hand.

Pilot of Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Pete Greco" must roll 13 to avoid damage; rolls 6 : fails.
        Pilot of Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Pete Greco" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) "Pete Greco" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (60+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 3 (60+ damage)); needs 7, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:219 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Random Side table) LS (critical)
        Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:219 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 17 damage to LS (critical).
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            1 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is (10+1) = 11; Engine destroyed. Immobile.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 31 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 19 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 47 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 60 heat, sinks 52 heat and is now at 10 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 28 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 36 heat, sinks 36 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 27 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 36 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Objective Update:
Hetzer disabled (18/18) (Kill credit Isgrimnur)
Bandersnatch destroyed (19/18) (Kill credit TheMix, Bass assist)
Shadow Hawk destroyed (20/18) (Kill credit WestOrEast, Siljanus asssist)
Partisan disabled (21/18) (Kill credit Isgrimnur)

Scenario Outcome: Total Victory
Kill Board:
Lich: LRM Carrier, Thunderbolt TDR-5D; 1 assist
Lich/Schrek: Manticore
WestOrEast: LRM Carrier, Shadow Hawk
WestOrEast/Long Tom: Vedette
El Guapo: Griffin GRF-1S
El Guapo/Behemoth: 2x Vedette, Falcon, Hetzer
Akalon: 1 Assist
Akalon/Drillson: Drillson
Isgrimnur: Vedette, Hetzer, Partisan
Isgrimnur/Manticore: Vedette AC2
Leraje: SRM Carrier, Spartan SPT-N2
Leraje/Demon: 2 assist
TheMix: Bandersnatch BNDR-01A; 1 assist
TheMix/Manticore: Drillson ERLL
Bass: 2 assists
Bass/LongTom: 1 assist
Siljanus: 1 assist

Awards:
Heaviest kill: Leraje - Spartan (80 tons)
Highest kill count: El Guapo/Behemoth - 4
Biggest headache: Isgrimnur (3 pilot hits)
Two-fer: Isgrimnur (Hetzer and Partisan disabled in the same turn)

Random post-battle thoughts:
The RNG really screwed the Archer over - the poor bastard was a 6/6 pilot
Trying to plow through that canyon to the east of hill 2 was probably ill-advised
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

[X] "Affirmative - pursue southern units only."
Seems like the southern units are part of our contractual duties for this battle, so might as well do it, as long as it's reasonably safe.
Black Lives Matter.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:56 am
Seems like the southern units are part of our contractual duties for this battle, so might as well do it, as long as it's reasonably safe.
Agreed. Flip arms and fry the condor :)
Also, the Archer is better not think about going anywhere. It's our Archer now.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

That plucky little Locust could have chosen to retreat and live but since it’s determined to keep advancing south I agree that we need to fulfill our duty and crush it.
Black lives matter!

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

That Griffin is a lucky git :x
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TheMix retreats to the west, putting a hill between himself and the bulk of the hostiles, but turns left a little - with Bass designating the Bandersnatch, our mechwarrior is able to achieve LRM lock and fire off a salvo of LRMs, intending it more as suppressive fire than anything else.

To TheMix's great surprise, the target icon for the Bandersnatch disappears. "Hey, good shot, nailed 'im right in the head!" Bass calls out.
:shock:

I saw the "but" first and was all "uh oh...". Definitely preferred this outcome.

And I agree with pursuing the southern units. That was the contract.

"NONE SHALL PASS"!

Black Lives Matter

WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

That's too many units to the north to want to go after, especially when a number of them are completely untouched. Southern side only.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

*Grumble grumble* that Griffin lost like six tons of armor and didn't go down.

But yeah, that Archer better power the hell down.

Just pick off the two runners, we've taught the rest a pretty good lesson I think.

If they were smart, they'd instantly surrender.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Agreed.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

It was quite obliging of the mercs to bring so many Vedettes for us to shoot up! We might have been in trouble if they had something thicker-skinned or longer-ranged that could have made a difference.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Thanks for playing folks, it's always a blast to run these things.

FYI, updates will slow quite a bit over the next week due to non-overlapping summer vacations for various members of the household (aka I'm watching the kids).
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:29 pm Thanks for playing folks, it's always a blast to run these things.

FYI, updates will slow quite a bit over the next week due to non-overlapping summer vacations for various members of the household (aka I'm watching the kids).
Introduce them to the joys of Batttletech. If you are lucky they will be stuck by the computer non-stop :D
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Leraje wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:45 pm Introduce them to the joys of Batttletech. If you are lucky they will be stuck by the computer non-stop :D
50% done. 8-) The younger one will have to wait a few years.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Thank you for taking the time to run these manual scenarios and answer all of our questions! It's always a lot of fun.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

gbasden wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:28 pm Thank you for taking the time to run these manual scenarios and answer all of our questions! It's always a lot of fun.
+100!

Black Lives Matter