Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XIII

Post by El Guapo »

Can tanks fire over ground one level higher like mechs can? Or does that provide full cover because tanks aren't as tall?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:26 pm Can tanks fire over ground one level higher like mechs can? Or does that provide full cover because tanks aren't as tall?
Tanks are height one, so they cannot fire over terrain one level higher.

The exception being at mechs.

No: Tank___/\____Tank

-----------------------Mech
Yes: Tank___/\____Mech

No: Tank/\____Anything
Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

My Long Tom will drop an explosive round on 3005. It almost certainly won't be knocking out that Manticore, but it will either help degrade its armor or knock the stuffing out of the lighter cans hanging around.

And I, myself, will be pulling back to 0930 and firing with the PPC and missiles on whatever's in range as the enemy advances.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

WestorEast wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:45 pm My Long Tom will drop an explosive round on 3005. It almost certainly won't be knocking out that Manticore, but it will either help degrade its armor or knock the stuffing out of the lighter cans hanging around.

And I, myself, will be pulling back to 0930 and firing with the PPC and missiles on whatever's in range as the enemy advances.
A couple of notes - artillery rounds take two rounds to land, so you want to lead your target a little bit (for reference re: movement speed, every hostile unit started at the very top row)

Also, 0930 is like 2x your max movement speed: you're jumping 5 hexes without concern for turning or elevation change costs; or running for 8MP, but facing changes cost 1 MP while elevation changes cost 1 mp in addition to the MP for moving forward. I apologize for omitting the movement rules in the 'rules refresher' section, I'll update those for future reference.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

You said 2 round delay for the rounds hitting, right? I'm going to target hex 4716 with an explosive round and hope to get some of the vehicles heading around the side. I'm assuming I can't target any vehicles with my mech's weapons as they are all below hill level, correct?

If so, I'll pull back to 4533 and fire the ER LLs at the Spartan.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Yeah, tanks can see mechs over a rise, just not other thanks I believe.

Damn, that's a shitload of enemies. I assume they are all the standard models, Nick, or can't we tell that yet?

What does that "laser carrier" carry? I can only find one that has but a single LL.

So, unit analysis:
Vehicles
- Vedettes x7: I think it's the most iconic shitty tank in the galaxy, moves 8, packs an AC/5 and 6 tons of armor. That's it- it's tough enough to be annoying, and they will likely ping us all day long with those long range guns, but not my first target.
- Hetzer x2: Packs an AC/20, 6t of armor, moves 6. We should kill these while they are at 10 hexes or more away.
- Behemoth x1: Super slow, moving only 3, but that's a lot of guns: 2x AC/10 and 20 LRM tubes. Equally bad up-close, with 20 SRM tubes. 13 tons of armor on a tank also go a long-ass way. This is going to be annoying.
- Scorpion x2: Shittier Vedette, a disposable AC/5 carrier. 4t of armor, moves 6.
- Condor x1: Very fast hover, moves 12, carries an AC/5 and 2x MLs.
- LRM carreir x1: Walking bait, we should probably take it out at this point, that's a whopping 60 LRM tubes that aren't terribly well protected.
- SRM carrier x1: Same treatment as the Hetzers.
- Laser carrier x2: Don't actually know what it carries.
- Drillson x2: Wow, these things are actually king of amazing? Moves 14, LL and LRM 10 for long range and four SRMs for short. 6.5 t of armor goes a long way when you are that fast.
- Manticore x2: The gold standard tank, packs a PPC and LRM10 for long range, ML and SRM 6 for short, pretty tough, moves 6.
- Falcon x1: Very fast, moving 14, packs an SRM-6 and 2x ML. Very short ranged, modest punch, very fast.
- Partisan x1: Kind of funny loadout of 4x AC/5, but that actually stacks up to decent damage at long range. Thin armor tho.

Mechs (assuming standard loadouts):
- Locust: It's a Locust. Don't worry too much about it.
- Griffin: 5/8/5, PPC and LRM 10, 9t of armor- you know the drill.
- Hatchetman: AC/10, 2x ML, 4/6/4, 6.5 t of armor. Good weaponry and decent mobility, fairly fragile.
- Shadow Hawk: Less threatening than most tanks unless it gets to melee.
- Crusader: 30 LRMs, 12 SRMs, 2x ML. A long-range missile machine with a hefty close-in backup, we fielded a bunch of these. 4/6 and 13t of armor, pretty decent machine.
- Thunderbolt: LL, LRM 15, 3x ML, 13t of armor- it's the ol' Thud.
- Archer: It's an archer. Expect lots of LRMs, probably pretty tough.
- Bandersnatch: Probably their best mech, 2x LB-10s paired with 15 LRMs are nasty, especially when backed up by 6x MLs. 4/6 only, at least, and 11 t of armor.
- Spartan x2: Actually fields Lostech, carries an ERPPC, 3x MPLs, 4 Streak SRM tubes and an AMS system- so avoiding shooting missiles at it. Very fast for an 80 ton mech, at 5/8, and heavily armored with 14 tons of armor and CASE all around. Not too much firepower, but will probably be highly annoying.

That is a lot of units.

So, as far as vehicles go, we should probably try and take out the LRM Carrier quickly, and the Partisan is fairly thin-skinned and carries a lot of ammo too. We have some rounds before the Hetzers and the SRM carrier become a problem, but we should definitely take them out before they are in range, they can swing an engagement easy.

The Behemoth is going to be a pain in the ass to kill, I can already see it, but it packs a lot of guns. Falcon is probably going to annoy us just enough that we eventually shoot it after it gets in a dangerous position, but not before. Drillsons and Manticores are really good, no real weaknesses. Well, the Drillsons are hovers, so they aren't that tough.

Half of their tanks are AC/5s on threads. I'm not sure if we should take cheap shots hoping for a quick kill, or just ignore the plinkers and focus on mechs in the open/stronger tanks.

Their mechs, excepting Locust and Shadow Hawk, are all pretty good. Spartan and Bancersnatch have the extra weakness of IS XL engines, so take out a torso and they are goners. Bandersnatch doesn't have much armor, but packs a lot of guns, so it looks like a juicy target. Archer, Thud, Crusader and Griffin are pretty rock solid tho, and the Hatchetman is no slouch.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:28 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:26 pm Can tanks fire over ground one level higher like mechs can? Or does that provide full cover because tanks aren't as tall?
Tanks are height one, so they cannot fire over terrain one level higher.

The exception being at mechs.

No: Tank___/\____Tank

-----------------------Mech
Yes: Tank___/\____Mech

No: Tank/\____Anything
... I completely misunderstood that. I thought it was only 1 and 2. So, our tank buddies will have to pull out of their nice emplacements to fire at the baddies then.

Well, Hill 5 Squad, the Drillson and the Griffin look like they might be in range of our longer ranged guns. They are at +3 form movement and +4 from range, so that's 9+ for Leraje and I, 8+ for El Guapo.

... That's not that bad, actually. Wanna try for exploding the Griffin?
Last edited by TotallyNotEvil on Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I don't see a play for this turn. Everything that I can see is beyond my range. And I think I'd rather not move up just yet. I like having the hill between me and that right-side "clump".

For now I'm going to keep watching the valley between hills 2 and 3 (I think that's how they were numbered, 1 to 3, left to right?).

I can also see the top of hill 3 if that Griffin comes over.

Nick, what's the range on my "buddy"? I assume it's comparable. I think it should also hang tight and watch the valley and summit.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Nick, any chance of uploading a save? All the hills make it rather painful to try to eyeball the LoS :P
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Oh yeah, two questions:
1) Tanks can go over terrain just fine, yeah? Just takes two movement?
2) Can I shoot my LRM smoke rounds such as that our Hill 5 gang gets cover, but the enemy doesn't? I.e., we are inside a smoke hex, but there's no smoke hexes between us and the enemy?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

The Laser Carrier is like an SRM Carrier, but with lasers. Paper thin armor, though.

The Thunderbolt is a weird variant with an AC/20 and an LRM/10 rack. One of the Griffins is a 1DS, so large pulse laser and LRM/20. Everything else is more or less standard intro-tech, I think one of the Drillsons is an ERLL variant so a bit longer range but nothing spectacular.
gbasden wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:12 am I'm assuming I can't target any vehicles with my mech's weapons as they are all below hill level, correct?

If so, I'll pull back to 4533 and fire the ER LLs at the Spartan.
Below hill level and adjacent, so yes, you cannot target most of those. If you move east to 4827, you can target the Vedette in 4407.

4533 to the Spartan is blocked by the hill in 4627 - it's level 3, and you're at level 1. You start getting LOS on the Spartan at 4729 and further east.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Leraje wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:27 am Nick, any chance of uploading a save? All the hills make it rather painful to try to eyeball the LoS :P
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wogts2lr0n0i5 ... av.gz?dl=0

Let me know if it doesn't load, I might have to upload my custom megamek build.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:28 am Oh yeah, two questions:
1) Tanks can go over terrain just fine, yeah? Just takes two movement?
2) Can I shoot my LRM smoke rounds such as that our Hill 5 gang gets cover, but the enemy doesn't? I.e., we are inside a smoke hex, but there's no smoke hexes between us and the enemy?
1. 3 movement apparently. No idea why, but that's what MegaMek says for some reason. So yes, but it's a steep (har har) cost.
2. Yes.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:33 am
Leraje wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:27 am Nick, any chance of uploading a save? All the hills make it rather painful to try to eyeball the LoS :P
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wogts2lr0n0i5 ... av.gz?dl=0

Let me know if it doesn't load, I might have to upload my custom megamek build.
Yup, it did not load with 49.7
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Try loading it using this build (bonus: an archive of the OO saves from our 28th contract up to this point)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_uD5LS5A9QTMjNVbLOE-Lz-IMNwg--3/view?usp=sharing

Added to the first post as well for everyone's info and ease of access.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:01 am Try loading it using this build (bonus: an archive of the OO saves from our 28th contract up to this point)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_uD5LS5A9QTMjNVbLOE-Lz-IMNwg--3/view?usp=sharing

Added to the first post as well for everyone's info and ease of access.
Thank you. Now I can rewrite history! Hmm... 28 embarrassing deaths of El Guapo... here we go :twisted:

Stay put and light up Griffin 3308 with 3 ErPPCs. Buddy chills for this turn
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:29 am 4533 to the Spartan is blocked by the hill in 4627 - it's level 3, and you're at level 1. You start getting LOS on the Spartan at 4729 and further east.
OK, I'll move up to 4729 then.
Akalon

Post by Akalon »

I'll hold this round.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

> Lich: Don't move, fire both ERLLs and one LRM-20 at the Griffin, fire the other LRM using smoke ammo to create cover for the Hill 5 Gang.
> Schrek: Nothing yet.

Tanks don't generate heat from movement, right?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:25 am Nick, what's the range on my "buddy"? I assume it's comparable. I think it should also hang tight and watch the valley and summit.
Sorry I missed this earlier.

Manticore has a PPC and an LRM launcher for long range, so its maximum range is the same as your LRMs - 21 hexes. The PPC is shorter, 18 hexes.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:47 am Tanks don't generate heat from movement, right?
Correct. In fact, tanks don't generate heat at all.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's kind of funny, but all enemy units count the same for purposes of our victory condition, right? Like our employers are just as happy if 17 assault + heavy mechs get through as they are if 17 Vedettes and the like get through, correct?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:31 am
TheMix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:25 am
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:47 am Tanks don't generate heat from movement, right?
Correct. In fact, tanks don't generate heat at all.
I am going to immediately message our company scientists and get them to start adapting tank heat technology for mechs.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Next questions - tanks move the same as mechs, right? Like one movement to turn, +1 movement to go up or down a level, etc.?

Also if I understand this right the Behemoth doesn't have LOS to any enemy in its current spot because it's right next to terrain one level higher than it?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

In terms of orders, I think that I have LOS on 3308, right? If so I'm going to stay put and fire all of my large lasers at the Griffin.

In terms of the Behemoth buddy, his range is 21 for his LRMs and I think 20 on his AC/10, is that right? If so if he can get in range and hit anyone without exposing himself to deadly fire then he'll do so.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 am Next questions - tanks move the same as mechs, right? Like one movement to turn, +1 movement to go up or down a level, etc.?

Also if I understand this right the Behemoth doesn't have LOS to any enemy in its current spot because it's right next to terrain one level higher than it?
Almost correct and correct. For whatever reason, going up a level for a tank is actually +2 MP.

AC/10 range on the behemoth is 5/10/15.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:36 am It's kind of funny, but all enemy units count the same for purposes of our victory condition, right? Like our employers are just as happy if 17 assault + heavy mechs get through as they are if 17 Vedettes and the like get through, correct?
For abstract victory condition purposes, yes.

As they say, quantity has a quality all of its own.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I think for this turn I'll stay put and see where the enemy decides to make its push. There's some obvious paths that will funnel them into a kill zone if they decide to go those routes. In the future I may want to take on that Behemoth when it comes out from behind cover since I have a Gauss gun and PPCs that can engage it at long range. Also that Hatchetman on the edge of the map could be easy pickings and that Spartan could be a future target for me as well. If someone thinks my Drillson should take part in an arty strike if it's able to I'll gladly volunteer it. For the meantime I'll leave it in place.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Long Tom to drop HE on 3013 as I move to 1127. And sorry for the screwup before.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:36 am It's kind of funny, but all enemy units count the same for purposes of our victory condition, right? Like our employers are just as happy if 17 assault + heavy mechs get through as they are if 17 Vedettes and the like get through, correct?
For abstract victory condition purposes, yes.

As they say, quantity has a quality all of its own.
Inb4 we stop three Lyran Scout Lances and the enemy wins with a pair of Savannah Masters zipping through.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My buddy toward 2022 at all possible speed.

Me toward 2125 as well.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sgtsoldier123

Post by Sgtsoldier123 »

Gonna move up to 1625. I'm eyeballing it but I reckon I should be in range of that Spartan at 1508 with my large lasers so I'll see about melting off some armor to start off.

I'm not to terribly familiar with the movement rules but 1625 should be feasible without using jumpjets right?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Sgtsoldier123 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:08 pm I'm not to terribly familiar with the movement rules but 1625 should be feasible without using jumpjets right?
Yep, definitely doable.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 2:

"Target that Griffin." El Guapo call out, lining up the Dire Wolf's large lasers and opening fire on the advancing 55-ton mech. It flits back and forth, preventing our mechwarrior from holding the laser beams on target for their entire duration, but still loses a good ton of armor, mostly from the legs, stumbling a little bit but recovering. The stumble causes the rest of the group's fire to miss entirely.

Desultory return fire comes in from the opposition - a pair of extended range PPC blasts from the Spartans, which go wide, and some AC/2 rounds.

"Affirmative, deploying smoke." Lich reports, noting with slight annoyance the "out of range" beep when attempting to fire his LRMs at the target Griffin.

"Thanks." Leraje comments, his mech now entirely obscured by a thick, unmoving cloud of smoke - with no wind, it's not going anywhere and will make targeting the Warhawk extremely difficult.

WestOrEast backs up out of the line of fire, snapping off an LRM salvo at the western Spartan - the lock is good and the missiles close in, but the spread is pretty wide and assault mech's anti-missile system picks off the few missiles that would have hit.

The first *whump* *whump* of our artillery sounds in the distance as our Long Toms open fire - meanwhile, the opposing units advance, their vehicles snaking down the low ground "channels" while the mechs take the high ground.

Current Battlefield State:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw Log:
Spoiler:

Initiative Phase for Round #1
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 14[12+2].
Mercenary Primary Opfor rolls a 9[8+1].

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 1327 to hex 1426 (flanking and turning).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (flanking and turning)], rolls 9 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:202 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     ER PPC at Manticore Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:96 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 11.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            15 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits RL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 10 damage to RL.
            8 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) takes 5 damage to LL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

ER PPC at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

ER Large Laser at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -AMS engaged! .
Attack deals zero damage.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 20 at Hex: 3130 (Clear) needs -1, rolls 9 : hits the intended hex 3130.
        Heavy smoke fills 3130!

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (AC2) ID:221 (Mercenary Primary Opfor)
     AC/2 at Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:116 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Thug THG-11EO ID:62 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulcan VL-5T-ODC ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:70 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D ID:92 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 26 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime LBX ID:175 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 48 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Masakari (Warhawk) Prime-OD ID:176 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 45 heat, sinks 45 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:182 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime-OD ID:179 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 26 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO-DG ID:159 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) (Pryde-TNE-G) ID:178 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 30 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Crusader CRD-5S ID:205 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5D ID:206 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:207 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Spartan SPT-N2 ID:208 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatchetman HCT-3F ID:209 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Bandersnatch BNDR-01A ID:211 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:212 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Locust LCT-3V ID:225 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1DS ID:228 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:234 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-1S ID:236 (Mercenary Primary Opfor) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Target Movement Modifiers and status:
Hatchetman: +2
Shadow Hawk: +2
Vedette 1306: +3
Behemoth: +0
Hetzer 1104: +2
Scorpion 1407: +2
Laser Carrier 1406: +1
Vedette 1312: +3
Spartan 11211: +2 (+3 if firing line passes through 2012)
Crusader 1508: +2
Locust 1210: +4
Archer 2408: +1
LRM Carrier 1307: +1
Partisan 3005: +1
Vedette 3014: +3
Vedette 3012: +2
Manticore 3010: +2
Vedette 3011: +3
Hetzer 3109: +1
Griffin 3511: +2 (+3 if firing line passes through 3512)
Drillson 2914: +3
SRM Carrier 4609: +1
Scorpion 3008: +2
Falcon 2914: +4
Condor 3013: +4
Griffin 3610: +2 (+3 if firing line passes through 3611)
Vedette 4710: +3
Bandersnatch 4609: +2
Thunderbolt 4411: +2
Vedette 4512: +2
Laser Carrier 4509: +1
SRM Carrier 3207: +1
Drillson 4619: +4
Manticore 4810: +1
Spartan 4808: +2

Long Tom rounds land "in" 4716, 3013 after next opfor movement (with scatter)
Black Lives Matter
Sgtsoldier123

Post by Sgtsoldier123 »

Hmmm...
I'd like to move to 1321 so that I can start pumping lasers into that LRM carrier at 1307- probably making my self a bit vulnerable but with jumpjets I can bail if it starts looking hairy.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, I'd definitely be real careful going up front like that by yourself.
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

I believe I'm just in range for the ERLLs on the LRM Carrier?

Huh, a single hex of smoke from a LRM-20? Dang. It's going to last a hell of a long time, I presume?

I think I will smoke myself, put both ERLLs on the LRM carrier and a normal LRM salvo on something somebody else shoots with big hole-punching guns.

That Griffin is stupidly lucky, Leraje needed 7s, he got 2 3 and 6.

Too bad taking off leg armor isn't going to help much now that it's behind the hill.

I wonder, should we just... try and take out the enfilade of Vedettes as they come?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:34 pm I believe I'm just in range for the ERLLs on the LRM Carrier?

Huh, a single hex of smoke from a LRM-20? Dang. It's going to last a hell of a long time, I presume?

I think I will smoke myself, put both ERLLs on the LRM carrier and a normal LRM salvo on something somebody else shoots with big hole-punching guns.
Yep, you're in range. The smoke should last indefinitely. You can't smoke your own hex, you'd have to back up if you want to do that, then come back next turn.
Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Long Tom round for 3018, HE. And I will advance to 1225 and fire at the Vedette currently at 1312.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Looks like I have a long-range PPC shots with 50% cover on the Spartan at 2011. Otherwise, continue with directed movement.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:48 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:34 pm I believe I'm just in range for the ERLLs on the LRM Carrier?

Yep, you're in range. The smoke should last indefinitely. You can't smoke your own hex, you'd have to back up if you want to do that, then come back next turn.
Would it fire last, as to not impede my line of sight?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:34 pm I wonder, should we just... try and take out the enfilade of Vedettes as they come?
I think that I'm probably in the best position for that. At least until I need to go around the mountain (as she comes) to help out Bass.

I'll move up to 4129. I was hoping to get to medium range of the Vedette in 3014, but I think I'm one short. I'll fire the LP lasers, but I'd like hold the LRMs for a better target.

And with the new understanding, I'll have my buddy move up to 3930. I think they can get a shot on the Griffins. Have them target whichever one presents the better target.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.