hepcat

Re: The insurrection committee's public hearings

Post by hepcat »

Anus flavored? Sounds about right.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Old joke! Anise doesn't even look anything like an anus!
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

In another wtf moment Johnson tells a very implausible story that he tried to pass off a letter about fake electors to Pence on 1/6 but doesn't know where it came from. His office was going to pass some mysterious package no questions asked to the VP of the US?! Ok....

Last edited by malchior on Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Lordy, I hope there are tapes.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"I had no knowledge of this..."

The era of plausible deniability and "I do not recall" was a gateway to where we are now.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

I love how he says it is a non-story. Oh really. I mean it doesn't sound cockamamie at all. This guy is legitimately an idiot.

Confirmed idiot. Lol.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:59 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:21 pm Have I missed where Pence had recently praised Trump or something?
Just yesterday in Chicago:
The Indiana Republican repeatedly praised the work of the “Trump-Pence” administration — just days after his former chief of staff and White House counsel testified before the House January 6 Committee that President Donald Trump had repeatedly pressured Pence to delay or reject the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, something Pence refused to do.

Pence is also doing his best to separate himself from January 6, which is fresh in the minds of Americans after hours of testimony featured on television. In his speech, Pence called January 6 “a tragic day in our nation’s capital” and called the 2020 election “divisive.”

On Monday, Pence did his best to shift the attention to what he sees as Trump’s strengths and Biden’s weaknesses, lamenting that the work done during the previous administration is being undone. Pence blamed the Democratic president for everything from a rise in gas and food prices, to low wages, a failing stock market, high rent and the baby formula shortage.

“That confidence and pride that were once synonymous with the American people in recent years has been replaced with fear and a national anxiety,” Pence said. “So let me say, to quote the old book, ‘Fear is useless.’ What is needed is leadership grounded in American values.”

He's running a longshot campaign and knows he will need Trump's support. It's insane but there we are.
gross.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:21 pm Lordy, I hope there are tapes.
:horse:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Da hell does any of that have to do with licorice?

IDK if I like black licorice because I don't eat candy in general. Someone gave me some dark-chocolate covered espresso beans and they are as good as they sound, but I've had the little tub for at least a month now. Wife wanted to throw them out but I assured her that I'll finish them off, eventually.

I used to like Blackjack chewing gum. I think that was licorice. That and the clove flavor - Teaberry? - used to be my faves. I dimly remember enjoying the taste of those rubbery licorice sticks but not the texture. I'll have to do good and plenty of research one of these days.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:59 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:21 pm Have I missed where Pence had recently praised Trump or something?
Just yesterday in Chicago:
The Indiana Republican repeatedly praised the work of the “Trump-Pence” administration — just days after his former chief of staff and White House counsel testified before the House January 6 Committee that President Donald Trump had repeatedly pressured Pence to delay or reject the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, something Pence refused to do.

Pence is also doing his best to separate himself from January 6, which is fresh in the minds of Americans after hours of testimony featured on television. In his speech, Pence called January 6 “a tragic day in our nation’s capital” and called the 2020 election “divisive.”

On Monday, Pence did his best to shift the attention to what he sees as Trump’s strengths and Biden’s weaknesses, lamenting that the work done during the previous administration is being undone. Pence blamed the Democratic president for everything from a rise in gas and food prices, to low wages, a failing stock market, high rent and the baby formula shortage.

“That confidence and pride that were once synonymous with the American people in recent years has been replaced with fear and a national anxiety,” Pence said. “So let me say, to quote the old book, ‘Fear is useless.’ What is needed is leadership grounded in American values.”

He's running a longshot campaign and knows he will need Trump's support. It's insane but there we are.

I'm not sure about that. I think Pence is full blown Calvinist and Calvinists with power always think they are elect. He is trying to do what it right through his zealot lens. Pence is looking out for Pence' place in heaven. He's a believer. And believers seem to be convinced that democrats are somehow associated with Armageddon and Armageddon and Rapture are naturally coming in your lifetime when you are believer. I mean look at what is going on Ukraine if you need proof of end of times. Trump is not Pence' savior but the democrats are a tool of Satan.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:04 am
I'm not sure about that. I think Pence is full blown Calvinist and Calvinists with power always think they are elect. He is trying to do what it right through his zealot lens. Pence is looking out for Pence' place in heaven. He's a believer. And believers seem to be convinced that democrats are somehow associated with Armageddon and Armageddon and Rapture are naturally coming in your lifetime when you are believer. I mean look at what is going on Ukraine if you need proof of end of times. Trump is not Pence' savior but the democrats are a tool of Satan.
If he honestly felt that way, why would he certify the election? Why risk your immortal soul to follow man's laws against God's and put the tools of Satan in power?
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:28 am
If he honestly felt that way, why would he certify the election? Why risk your immortal soul to follow man's laws against God's and put the tools of Satan in power?
Because he knew it was legit. The laws of God may be higher than the laws of man but bearing false witness is still a sin.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:21 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:28 am
Because he knew it was legit. The laws of God may be higher than the laws of man but bearing false witness is still a sin.
My working theory is that Pence knew that the election was legit and was worried about legal consequences for him if he was involved in trying to overturn it.

Which is part of the problem if we don't have enough accountability for January 6th. People next time may well be more worried about Trump's wrath than any legal wrath for messing with the election.
Black Lives Matter.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm still of the opinion that these hearings will result in absolutely ZERO convictions against anyone in real actual power. Sure, the R's might throw the committee some no name former poli who agreed to fall on his sword for the good of the fascist cause; but no one really close to Agolf will spend a minute in actual prison.

Oh and the fascists will totally take note of the fact that the consequence of this stuff is effectively zero and will now throw this kinda effort into every major election they lose.

We're playing a different kinda game now and the Democrats either have been bribed to, or in collusion with the other side to not acknowledge it. They will now forever be in the minority and forever be the party of "die a little slower"
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

To be fair, this country has never really had the things you think it's lost.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

To be fair, this country has never had the collusion that Drazzil attributes to the Democrats. Things aren’t the way he wants them to be, so everyone must be conspiring rather than incompetent or frustrated.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isn't it kind of crazy that DOJ is suddenly interested in investigating things? The hearings weren't just for show. They applied real pressure.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That's encouraging, but my hope that they'll find anything at this point is basically zero.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"Lemme just keep these incriminating documents at my home..."

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:32 pm "Lemme just keep these incriminating documents at my home..."
Honestly, you would be surprised. The main asset that a lot of people in this brought to the table is more ruthlessness than brains.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:48 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:32 pm "Lemme just keep these incriminating documents at my home..."
Honestly, you would be surprised. The main asset that a lot of people in this brought to the table is more ruthlessness than brains.
They let a documentary crew follow them around. These were not the best and brightest at criming.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Whenever I heard that Madigan or one of his top aides got raided I'd shrug. But when it was some low level staffer, I paid attention.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:48 pm
They let a documentary crew follow them around. These were not the best and brightest at criming.
If they won it wouldn't matter.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What a fool believes.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think Trump has long ago been advised that criminal intent can be avoided if you play the fool that really thinks "crime" is totally not criminal. I think he has a pattern of hiding behind lawyers (or the legal shells they create for him) that will take the hit for him.

Too bad there isn't a shell company for the Presidency.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Keep in mind, this is the guy that set himself apart from the rest of the group by:

agreeing to do some absurdly risky legal shit.
boldly disregarding all the advice that this was totally illegal.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I know this forum has subtler subpoena-whisperers than I, but one thing I've heard is that DOJ doesn't openly raid your home and hard drives before they've long-since secured gagged subpoenas to look at your emails, texts, and phone records.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Greitens Heel Team Six squad is on its way to kick down his door and terminate his RINO ass.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

These hearings may also very well be the thing that knocks Ron Johnson out of the senate. And giving Wisconsin a blue senator in his place.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Defiant wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:07 am
I was tempted to vote for him back when. That was the last GOP person running I could say that about. He got crushed before it ever got to me. And yeah, I know he did some less than spectacular things in Ohio.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unless they officially and insistently leave the party, they're just playing for time.

Never vote GOP.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

This... this is rather bonkers... (if true) Per Politico:
On Thursday, we noted that during a trip aboard Air Force One, a scheduled interview between Holder and Trump was abruptly canceled. Holder told us a bit more about that trip, and it turns out to be much more interesting than we knew.

Holder traveled with then-President Trump on Sunday, Oct. 25, three days after the second presidential debate and nine days before Election Day. That day, Trump flew from Washington to New Hampshire, then on to Maine, and then back to Washington. But WH COS MARK MEADOWS told Holder that something had come up and the planned interview was nixed.

“My memory is,” Holder told us, “that the chief of staff sort of came over and said that the interview couldn't happen today because the president was on the phone. And I believe, if I remember correctly, that he said that he was on the phone to the president of Russia, VLADIMIR PUTIN, which is why the interview had to be postponed.”...

...One explanation could be that Trump and Putin were reportedly trying to negotiate an arms control agreement, as Axios’ Dave Lawler and Alayna Treene reported on Oct. 11, 2020. And indeed, on Oct. 26, the Kremlin released a statement about its views on several security issues in Europe.

But one top Trump official involved in those talks told POLITICO that he had no recollection of a Trump-Putin call during that period.

However, there was some other news breaking that Sunday related to Putin that certainly would have caught Trump’s attention.

At the debate in Nashville days earlier, Trump had accused JOE BIDEN of receiving millions of dollars through some kind of corrupt scheme involving HUNTER BIDEN’s alleged business dealings in Ukraine and Moscow — accusations that were the cornerstone of Trump’s case against Biden in the final days of the 2020 campaign.

But that Sunday, Putin undercut Trump and said that as far as he knew, the allegations were nonsense. Sputnik, a Russian state-controlled media outlet, tweeted the news at 8:40 a.m. But it wasn’t until later in the day, when Trump was wrapping up a rally in New Hampshire, that the news broke through in the American press.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Not to shit all over your post, but I personally can't wait until we get past the wonderment stage. It's soooo late for shock at the audacity that it's almost comical.

I'm not even close to being some kind of political insider, much less an actual or previous politician with connections, so this reaction, to me, seems a bit..disengenuous at best? NOW you're shocked?? Just now?

I guess it's possible that some pols were really waiting to see what a hearing would bring up instead of coming to their own conclusions just based on what they saw and read, but...come on.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, I'm over people acting shocked about modern US politics. "Oh, geeze - I can't believe it!"

It's all been telegraphed for years.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kinzinger retweeted another tweet breaking the news that the sudden drop of a hearing tomorrow signifies urgency and that something significant and time sensitive will be presented tomorrow.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mo Brooks?

Jeff Clark?

Pat Cipollone?

Ginni Thomas? ;)

I have to think that at least one of these chucklefucks has to be viewing the underside of the bus they've been tossed beneath and thinking "Gosh, this kinda sucks. Maybe protecting Trump isn't really worth this."
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:01 pm
Not to shit all over your post, but I personally can't wait until we get past the wonderment stage. It's soooo late for shock at the audacity that it's almost comical.

I'm not even close to being some kind of political insider, much less an actual or previous politician with connections, so this reaction, to me, seems a bit..disengenuous at best? NOW you're shocked?? Just now?

I guess it's possible that some pols were really waiting to see what a hearing would bring up instead of coming to their own conclusions just based on what they saw and read, but...come on.
I don't disagree in general, but Kasich has been one of the most consistent anti-Trump Republicans (among other things, spoke at the DNC in 2020). So it's not like he's all of the sudden like "wait, Trump is a bad person??".
Black Lives Matter.