Next Fest: Go to beginning of steam stream

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

raydude

Next Fest: Go to beginning of steam stream

Post by raydude »

I just hopped into Steam this morning and saw that it was doing "Next Fest" from 6/13 - 6/20. Next Fest is a Steam event where they will be broadcasting gameplay from upcoming Steam games. I found one that was interesting - Terra Invicta, which looks like XCom on steroids at first glance. I see a timer on the lower left of the stream: 4:18:23, which I believe tells me the stream has been going on for 4 hours, 18 minutes, 23 seconds now.

I have no interest in jumping in "Live" in the middle and I'd like to see the beginning, but dragging the bar back doesn't let me view the beginning. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how Steam streams work? Maybe after the "live" event I'll be able to see the recorded version? Please tell me I don't have to be a slave to the broadcast schedule; we're in the 21st century for god's sake!
Chraolic

Re: Next Fest: Go to beginning of steam stream

Post by Chraolic »

No, I do believe they have invented the worst video player known to man. I went to the broadcast page to see if I could go back in the stream from there and now I have a mini video window in the corner of every Steam page which can't be closed since the X in the corner doesn't work. Great.

OK, I did manage to fix that problem by going to Big picture mode and exiting it again, but jeez that UI needs work.
Smoove_B

Re: Next Fest: Go to beginning of steam stream

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe just go here. No idea on what the time stamp would be though and they don't have it indexed.

Maybe next year, maybe no go