I think Joe Biden should be impeached. Who's with me?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: I think Joe Biden should resign. Who's with me?

Post by hepcat »

:?
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holman wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:07 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 pm She is a prosecutor. She could make the case as to why a good third of the GOP and five members of the supreme court would have to go to prison. Its perfect!
Please tell us how anyone could persuasively make that case. Show your work.
Not a lawyer. It's still a better plan then anything the Democrats have come up with.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:56 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 pm She is a prosecutor. She could make the case as to why a good third of the GOP and five members of the supreme court would have to go to prison. Its perfect!
Not a lawyer. It's still a better plan then anything the Democrats have come up with.
No, it's totally stupid.

You called it perfect. Perfect. But it's a complete joke.

Stick with your Faberge Organics marketing ideas.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

A lot of the negativity of Biden's presidency is he's not getting much done. Who's fault is that? (rhetorical question.)
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:59 pm
No, it's totally stupid.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/politics ... index.html

His own administration doesen't think he's up for the job, the national, state, and local Dems, along with most of not all of the agencies he is ignoring when they ask for direction don't think he's up for the job. The American people don't think he's fit for the job.... or did I read that CNN article wrong?
malchior

Post by malchior »

I'm not buying to the premise but it's clear Biden is suffering through an incredible crisis of confidence in his leadership. Biden's ability to govern has been hamstrung and it'll only get worse if the mid-terms go the way they look they will which will only deepen the crisis.

From the CNN article -
More than a week after the abortion decision, top Biden aides are still wrangling over releasing new actions in response, despite the draft decision leaking six weeks earlier.

White House counsel Dana Remus had assured senior aides the Supreme Court wouldn't rule on abortion that day. A White House press aide assigned to the issue was walking to get coffee when the alert hit. Several Democratic leaders privately mocked how the President stood in the foyer of the White House, squinting through his remarks from a teleprompter as demonstrators poured into the streets, making only vague promises of action because he and aides hadn't decided on more.

Then, Biden's July 1 meeting with governors to talk about their efforts to protect abortion rights was planned so last minute that none of those who attended came in person, and several of those invited declined to rearrange their schedules to appear virtually.

Multiple Democratic politicians who have reached out to work with Biden -- whether it's on specific bills, brainstorming or outreach -- often don't hear anything back at all. Potential appointees have languished for months waiting to hear if they'll get jobs, or when they'll be done with vetting.
Invitations to events are scarce, thank you calls barely happen. Even some aides within the White House wonder why Biden didn't fire anyone, from the West Wing or at the Food and Drug Administration, to demonstrate some accountability or at least anger over the baby formula debacle.
I don't know what to say at this point. Obama was often criticized for being a bit indecisive at moments but this takes it up several notches. At least people respected Obama. It's clear that the President doesn't have the respect of elements in his party. That's grim. We obviously don't need at cat yelling out random orders like Trump but he needs to start getting even basic things done. I posted it in a different thread but he isn't putting forth appointments for judges at a time when the Senate is at risk. This article indicates other folks are waiting to hear about their appointments. I don't know what to say other than Biden is shaping up to be a complete disaster and calls for his resignation and wondering if he shouldn't run in 2024 is only one person's fault. Biden himself.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:21 am
Unagi wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:59 pm
No, it's totally stupid.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/politics ... index.html

His own administration doesen't think he's up for the job, the national, state, and local Dems, along with most of not all of the agencies he is ignoring when they ask for direction don't think he's up for the job. The American people don't think he's fit for the job.... or did I read that CNN article wrong?
We are not talking about Biden's ability to hold the office right now.
We are talking about how easily Harris could make the case as to why a good third of the GOP and five members of the supreme court would have to go to prison. And how that plan is so far from perfect, when you call it "Perfect!" it makes everyone think your 'big ideas' are jokes.

Oh, wait - how about this.... Where does your Kabuki Theater come into play here? Or are you also not serious about that absurd premise? Because if this is all Kabuki Theater then why is it that 1/3 of the GOP and 5 supreme justices would go along with going to Jail when the person playing the VP tells them they have to. Or wait, you don't actually think it's Kabuki Theater. Or wait, you are just making plans for if it isn't, to have all your bases covered.
Drazzil wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:18 pm I'm lost. I realize this more and more.
So put that compass you've been using down.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:54 amWe are not talking about Biden's ability to hold the office right now.
We are talking about how easily Harris could make the case as to why a good third of the GOP and five members of the supreme court would have to go to prison. And how that plan is so far from perfect, when you call it "Perfect!" it makes everyone think your 'big ideas' are jokes.
It is this and it is the problem that what Drazzil is calling for is a dictator. A President who starts making the case to prosecute people individually in other branches of the government?! It's fantasy. It is cut to the fantasy end instead of realizing there is lots of tough work ahead. It is quite right to wonder at this point if Biden is the guy but these ideas? They aren't just ridiculous. They are dangerous.

I'll say it again directly to him.

Drazzil - get help. You clearly need it. I strongly suspect all of this nonsense is only 10% about politics.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

malchior wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:14 am
Unagi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:54 amWe are not talking about Biden's ability to hold the office right now.
It is this and it is the problem that what Drazzil is calling for is a dictator. A President who starts making the case to prosecute people individually in other branches of the government?! It's fantasy. It is cut to the fantasy end instead of realizing there is lots of tough work ahead. It is quite right to wonder at this point if Biden is the guy but these ideas? They aren't just ridiculous. They are dangerous.

I'll say it again directly to him.

Drazzil - get help. You clearly need it. I strongly suspect all of this nonsense is only 10% about politics.
Heres what I don't get. Why should criminals and politicians be immune from prosecution just because they are high profile members of government? Everyone should have to follow the same laws. The fact that you guys think that they should be immune from suffering the consequences of their actions... just because some *might* view it as partisan just makes SURE the other side does crime!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

And the answer is pretty damn easily if we just investigate them. The whole GOP is one giant criminal fascist organization. It would be easy. They do crime openly.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

According to you, everything is a giant criminal fascist organization. Government, activist groups, Boy Scouts, the SPCA, Knights of Columbus.

Seriously, malchior is right. Get some help. You’re someone that others should worry about when your start going off like this.
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

And I love how the first response ya'all came to when I suggest that sleepy Joe needs to resign and VP Harris needs to find and prosecute the many MANY crimes high profile members of the GOP are committing OUT IN THE OPEN and use the leverage of prosecuting members of his own party who are basically doing crime, again in plain view... Is that I'm the one unhinged!

When did everyone on our own side decide that letting the other side get away with flouting the law was a good idea? What special force field makes you people accept that it's a good idea NOT to use every *legal* tool at our disposal to get stuff done? No one wants violence? Civil War? Fascism? Cause prosecuting the other side for CRIME is legal! Is it distasteful? Yes Is it necessary? YES! No matter how it looks. We need to do something.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:59 am And I love how the first response ya'all came to when I suggest that sleepy Joe needs to resign and VP Harris needs to find and prosecute the many MANY crimes high profile members of the GOP are committing OUT IN THE OPEN and use the leverage of prosecuting members of his own party who are basically doing crime, again in plain view... Is that I'm the one unhinged!

When did everyone on our own side decide that letting the other side get away with flouting the law was a good idea? What special force field makes you people accept that it's a good idea NOT to use every *legal* tool at our disposal to get stuff done? No one wants violence? Civil War? Fascism? Cause prosecuting the other side for CRIME is legal! Is it distasteful? Yes Is it necessary? YES! No matter how it looks. We need to do something.
Your solution to stop fascism is to do fascism. Some may not see the brilliance.of such a strategy.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:59 am And I love how the first response ya'all came to when I suggest that sleepy Joe needs to resign and VP Harris needs to find and prosecute the many MANY crimes high profile members of the GOP are committing OUT IN THE OPEN and use the leverage of prosecuting members of his own party who are basically doing crime, again in plain view... Is that I'm the one unhinged!
The problem isn't the message. Well aside that it is rooted in ignorance. The thing that makes you appear unhinged is that you are expressing an urgency that relies on heavy, heavy doses of magical thinking. None of what you express is possible. It would never happen in the way you want it to because it'd be way, way over the line. There is no level of imminent crisis that calls for Biden resigning so his VP can go on a prosecuting spree. Fight fascism with totalitarianism or whatever this would be? It is absolutely unhinged.
When did everyone on our own side decide that letting the other side get away with flouting the law was a good idea?
See this here - this is unhinged as well. No one has decided to let anyone get away with anything. I don't think anyone likes the state of affairs we see. It's not some big conspiracy. It's a complex system failing.
Last edited by malchior on Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:08 am

Your solution to stop fascism is to do fascism. Some may not see the brilliance.of such a strategy.
How is prosecuting crime fascist? What makes the GOP so special that everyone including the American people and those elected officials supposedly trying to stop the GOP should turn a blind eye?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

This is the long and the short of it. Hundreds of millions of people here and abroad are going to be killed, oppressed and displaced when the curtain comes down because our side finds doing the things we will need to deal with the GOP distasteful.

I think I'm going to be a little quieter in the R&P for as long as I can. Posters here know my views, I know yours, no one ischanging their opinions.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 am

How is prosecuting crime fascist? What makes the GOP so special that everyone including the American people and those elected officials supposedly trying to stop the GOP should turn a blind eye?
Using extra-legal means to "prosecute" crime against the state is fascist. Sure, let's hand the WH to Kamela and then let her throw people in jail at will.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 am
Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 am

Using extra-legal means to "prosecute" crime against the state is fascist. Sure, let's hand the WH to Kamela and then let her throw people in jail at will.
Hell we could scoop up half the GOP using regular legal means. We just don't have the will.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it," as army major Phil Cannella probably never said.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:56 am According to you, everything is a giant criminal fascist organization. ... Knights of Columbus.
He might have a point on that one. :wink:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Drazzil wrote:How is prosecuting crime fascist? What makes the GOP so special that everyone including the American people and those elected officials supposedly trying to stop the GOP should turn a blind eye?
Your TV notions of what is “crime” are poorly informed and ignore difficulties of proof. Prosecutors do not operate by fiat, and prosecuting political opponents is a major step towards dictatorship.

What is supposed to happen is angry people — like you — show up in overwhelming numbers to vote the assholes out of office, not turn a blind eye. That’s democracy.

That’s why all this “my vote doesn’t count” bullshit is dangerous. Your vote is the only real thing you have to stop the madness.

And a therapist because you are being manic and need emotional help.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 am
Drazzil wrote:How is prosecuting crime fascist? What makes the GOP so special that everyone including the American people and those elected officials supposedly trying to stop the GOP should turn a blind eye?
Your TV notions of what is “crime” are poorly informed and ignore difficulties of proof. Prosecutors do not operate by fiat, and prosecuting political opponents is a major step towards dictatorship.
Drazzil *wants* dictatorship, as long as it meets the terms he sets.
Hodor.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:32 am
Zarathud wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:12 am
Drazzil *wants* dictatorship, as long as it meets the terms he sets.
I mean...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deep down, don't we all?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:07 am Deep down, don't we all?
:D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:15 am
Yaknow I think my argument is fundamentally sound. The system is broken, unfixable. I think it'd be easier and far less damaging to unwind a left authotarian govt when we don't need it anymore then a fascist one. And it'll save millions of lives to not have to go thru that. You guys disagree. I hope your morals keep you warm when the new fashy govt is murdering hundreds of millions abroad and at home.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Show me one example of an authoritarian takeover that went well.

And oddly, leftist authoritarian takeovers go worse than right wing, historically.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:22 pm Show me one example of an authoritarian takeover that went well.

And oddly, leftist authoritarian takeovers go worse than right wing, historically.
Does the politics of it matter to the dead?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Any party being in total control is a shit show. I love the person that wants to burn down the government is so active while it's burning down due to what he voted for.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
malchior

Post by malchior »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:22 pm Show me one example of an authoritarian takeover that went well.

Some of the Asian authoritarian takeovers weren't outright horrible at first. The coup that overthrew the 2nd Republic of Korea led to relative peace/prosperity...for awhile. Eventually the junta leader put the homeless into camps. SE Asia also had an odd history during the 20th century with coups that lead to democratic reforms. The big exceptions were the leftist variety (e.g. Khmer Rouge).
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:27 pm Any party being in total control is a shit show. I love the person that wants to burn down the government is so active while it's burning down due to what he voted for.
The right-wing authoritarian takeover I advocated for didn't work out so well, but trust me - the left-wing authoritarian takeover I'm advocating for now will be perfect!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
malchior

Post by malchior »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm
Octavious wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:27 pm Any party being in total control is a shit show. I love the person that wants to burn down the government is so active while it's burning down due to what he voted for.
The right-wing authoritarian takeover I advocated for didn't work out so well, but trust me - the left-wing authoritarian takeover I'm advocating for now will be perfect!
That about sums it up right.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

malchior wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm Eventually the junta leader put the homeless into camps.
Mission accomplished. They were no longer homeless.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:37 pm
malchior wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm Eventually the junta leader put the homeless into camps.
Mission accomplished. They were no longer homeless.
Real progress!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm

Some of the Asian authoritarian takeovers weren't outright horrible at first. The coup that overthrew the 2nd Republic of Korea led to relative peace/prosperity...for awhile. Eventually the junta leader put the homeless into camps. SE Asia also had an odd history during the 20th century with coups that lead to democratic reforms. The big exceptions were the leftist variety (e.g. Khmer Rouge).
Some of the 20th Turkish military coups were mostly pro-democratic. IIRC especially the first one, which ousted a president who was clearly trying to institute an authoritarian government and which led to open and fair elections within a short amount of time.

That said, the Turkish military role became more problematic and less democratic over time, and this type of coup is very much the exception rather than the rule.
Black Lives Matter.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:48 am And the answer is pretty damn easily if we just investigate them. The whole GOP is one giant criminal fascist organization. It would be easy. They do crime openly.
The term witch hunt has lost a lot of meaning, but if there ever were a situation when it applied.

You're always talking about OMG crImE! but never mention a hint of what those might be, other than to yell RICO!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 am I think I'm going to be a little quieter in the R&P for as long as I can. Posters here know my views, I know yours, no one ischanging their opinions.
Posters here know how long that will be.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Did you think if you continue to spout nonsense that people would start to come around? See you in about 20 minutes. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:42 am Hell we could scoop up half the GOP using regular legal means. We just don't have the will.
No, no we couldn’t. That you think we could is the very definition of unhinged. Get some help, man.
He won. Period.