I think Joe Biden should be impeached. Who's with me?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: I think Joe Biden should resign. Who's with me?

Post by Smoove_B »

Probably should have clarified - private sector workers with pensions. That's what this new legislation protects:
PBGC provides partial protection of the benefits of approximately 10.9 million workers and retirees in approximately 1,400 private-sector multiemployer, union-connected plans. Prior to the America Rescue Plan, the PBGC’s multiemployer pension insurance program was projected to become insolvent in 2026.
For us folks in public pensions? We don't count.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:13 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:52 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:52 pm Is there anyone that started working in the last ~20 years that actually has access to a future pension?
Sup.
I have two, but that's not the point here. :wink: I think you and I are in the minority and we likely got in on the last dying breath of public pensions. I really shouldn't even have two, but they made me. And then gave me a 403(b). It's all ridiculous, but I digress.
Yep, feds who come in now pay a lot more of their salary for their pension (4.4% vs my 0.8%) and automatically have another 5% taken out for their TSP. The TSP thing is good, but they're getting boned on their pension contribution.
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:52 pm Is there anyone that started working in the last ~20 years that actually has access to a future pension?
Me. Although I was pretty much the last one in. I joined in 2007 and the plan was closed to new people in 2008. Now they get a 401k with a higher match.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Roman

Post by Roman »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 am This is the long and the short of it. Hundreds of millions of people here and abroad are going to be killed, oppressed and displaced when the curtain comes down because our side finds doing the things we will need to deal with the GOP distasteful.

I think I'm going to be a little quieter in the R&P for as long as I can. Posters here know my views, I know yours, no one is changing their opinions.
Drazzil I am not a doctor but I strongly suspect that you need to seek professional help with what appears to be a fixation on things that YOU CAN'T CONTROL and are at risk of spiraling out of control. I am NOT MAKING LIGHT of your challenges please understand and appreciate this sentence BEFORE replying.
I am concerned that you will continue down this rat hole of ignorance/despair and COULD end up harming yourself or others as a result as you view your positions/opinions as futile in the long run. Again I am not a doctor in any way shape of form - however what I do base this on is from what I've read over my years with respect to people becoming 'radicalilzed' by things they can't control/understand = :angry-steamingears: :grund: :angry-screaming:

Do we all agree that things in the US are fucked up? Yes. Do your ideas about insurrection, Biden resigning and putting the GOP and SCOTUS members in jail make sense? No not in the least.

Personally I am hoping for the day when you post something along the following lines: ' I'd like to thank you all for participating in my social experiment. You see years ago I was introduced to the 'genius' of Andy Kauffman and I wanted to adopt his persona and approach to things by posting here and gauging reactions over the years.......'

I can dream right?
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I am in the private sector and I have a pension.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:13 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:52 pm
Sup.
I have two, but that's not the point here. :wink: I think you and I are in the minority and we likely got in on the last dying breath of public pensions. I really shouldn't even have two, but they made me. And then gave me a 403(b). It's all ridiculous, but I digress.
Right. NJ pension schemes are all over the place. I technically was in PERS in the 90s and ABP through the 00s. ABP is actually a great program if a bit too inflexible compared to private programs. The big benefit beyond the ridiculous match is you don't need a backstop there. You have some protection if PERS doesn't get fully cleaned up. And it has gotten better to some degree.

I agree in principle that its fuct that the public pensions are not protected like private pensions. I think the federal government is just afraid of the size of a NJ PERS or CALPERS. They are huge programs. They don't even want to hint that they'd bail them out.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Awesome. CALPERS just took $6B beating in their private equity experiment and now want to invest directly in private companies.

Let's give large funds even more reason to take outsized risk!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Oh wait, it's even better than that:
Multiemployer pension plans have their own arm of the federal government called the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, which was created to insure pension benefits. However, these pension programs owe approximately $66 billion to retired workers and only have about $3 billion in revenue, giving the insurance fund until 2026 before it is drained completely.

The current Butch Lewis Act provides a bailout to fund multi-employer pension plans for 30 years.The bill restores pensions to their full amount and increases the national pension insurance cap. Finally, it requires regular reports to Congress on the status of these pension plans as a preventative measure against future collapse.

Welcome to the Illinois Pension debt spiral, America! Put your grandchildren in debt so politicians can buy your vote today!
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Roman wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:26 am
Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 am This is the long and the short of it. Hundreds of millions of people here and abroad are going to be killed, oppressed and displaced when the curtain comes down because our side finds doing the things we will need to deal with the GOP distasteful.

I think I'm going to be a little quieter in the R&P for as long as I can. Posters here know my views, I know yours, no one is changing their opinions.
Drazzil I am not a doctor but I strongly suspect that you need to seek professional help with what appears to be a fixation on things that YOU CAN'T CONTROL and are at risk of spiraling out of control. I am NOT MAKING LIGHT of your challenges please understand and appreciate this sentence BEFORE replying.
I am concerned that you will continue down this rat hole of ignorance/despair and COULD end up harming yourself or others as a result as you view your positions/opinions as futile in the long run. Again I am not a doctor in any way shape of form - however what I do base this on is from what I've read over my years with respect to people becoming 'radicalilzed' by things they can't control/understand = :angry-steamingears: :grund: :angry-screaming:

Do we all agree that things in the US are fucked up? Yes. Do your ideas about insurrection, Biden resigning and putting the GOP and SCOTUS members in jail make sense? No not in the least.

Personally I am hoping for the day when you post something along the following lines: ' I'd like to thank you all for participating in my social experiment. You see years ago I was introduced to the 'genius' of Andy Kauffman and I wanted to adopt his persona and approach to things by posting here and gauging reactions over the years.......'

I can dream right?
Nah. I think I, along with millions of other Americans are just waiting and hoping someone *somewhere* gets effective organized resistance off the ground. Cause I'm going to be joining *that* like a fraction of a second after it proves itself sustainable.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:32 pm Nah. I think I, along with millions of other Americans are just waiting and hoping someone *somewhere* gets effective organized resistance off the ground. Cause I'm going to be joining *that* like a fraction of a second after it proves itself sustainable.
That's the problem. Everyone is waiting for someone else to do it.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Alefroth wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:01 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:32 pm Nah. I think I, along with millions of other Americans are just waiting and hoping someone *somewhere* gets effective organized resistance off the ground. Cause I'm going to be joining *that* like a fraction of a second after it proves itself sustainable.
Yep. :( :?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Is it too early for polling?

NEW: Joe Biden’s approval rating is at 33% and he is facing alarming doubt about his future from Democrats.

Age was top concern as 64% of Dems say they prefer a different nominee in ‘24, including 94% of those under 30.
When 94% of your polled sample are telling you something...that is...notable.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Who's better to be agreed upon, though? I'm no fan and I definitely have those I'd prefer but I'm not the target blue voter. I'm handcuffed in blue but it would be nice to not hate who I vote for. He's been better than I thought he'd be but I still don't want him as president, except for his handling of Ukraine has been top notch, and well, that's friggin important. I wish he would have stayed the course with his COVID response but then I'm like in the less 10% who would have liked to have seen that and would have approved of any COVID response. People want a scapegoat and he's the one we have, to my dismay. Inflation and the stock market aren't his making and the fact that no COVID response will make 90% of the populace happy are what he'll get hung for... Hopefully not literally, knowing the side that is going to win and what they are capable of.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Weird. Who would have thought younger Democrats would want a younger president. ;)
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
malchior

Post by malchior »

I'd say this has gone a bit beyond "he's old".

Edit: According to the data old was the top reason at 33% and number 2 at 32% is job performance. Not progressive enough is 10%. So the canard that this is activists having a hissy fit isn't supported by the data. Age + Job Performance have high overlap.

Edit 2: Pulled back some of this - the NY Times has cross tabs available. The survey allowed for open-ended responses that had to be interpreted into these buckets. When you dig in it's pretty impossible to see much beyond Biden is unpopular and people think the economy is bad. So pretty much confirms what we already knew. America will become an autocracy because our fellow citizens are idiots.
Last edited by malchior on Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

noxiousdog wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:29 pm Weird. Who would have thought younger Democrats would want a younger president. ;)
Once again, the Twitter summary is misleading. 94% of U30s want a different candidate. Not all of them say it's because he's too old. "Too old" is the leading reason but it's less than 50% of that 94%. See here (PDF with data).

Makes sense since we're once again likely heading into an "anyone but Trump/GOP" race again. Dems will vote for whoever they get but the vast majority will want a different candidate.

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

malchior wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:35 pm I'd say this has gone a bit beyond "he's old".

Edit: According to the data old was the top reason at 33% and number 2 at 32% is job performance. Not progressive enough is 10%. So the canard that this is activists having a hissy fit isn't supported by the data. Age + Job Performance have high overlap.

Edit 2: Pulled back some of this - the NY Times has cross tabs available. The survey allowed for open-ended responses that had to be interpreted into these buckets. When you dig in it's pretty impossible to see much beyond Biden is unpopular and people think the economy is bad. So pretty much confirms what we already knew. America will become an autocracy because our fellow citizens The Democrats are idiots.
FTFY
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Please don’t encourage him. His idea of organized resistance is a violent revolt against anyone who even just disagrees with his world view….which is most likely going to be everyone after a while.
Covfefe!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:20 pm
Please don’t encourage him. His idea of organized resistance is a violent revolt against anyone who even just disagrees with his world view….which is most likely going to be everyone after a while.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:54 pm Is it too early for polling?

NEW: Joe Biden’s approval rating is at 33% and he is facing alarming doubt about his future from Democrats.

Age was top concern as 64% of Dems say they prefer a different nominee in ‘24, including 94% of those under 30.
When 94% of your polled sample are telling you something...that is...notable.
Luckily the under 30's don't vote eh? Its a good thing that the Republicans are getting ready to get rid of voting all together. There's no better way to make someone want to do something then by telling them *not* to do it.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:53 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:29 pm Weird. Who would have thought younger Democrats would want a younger president. ;)
Once again, the Twitter summary is misleading. 94% of U30s want a different candidate. Not all of them say it's because he's too old. "Too old" is the leading reason but it's less than 50% of that 94%. See here (PDF with data).

Makes sense since we're once again likely heading into an "anyone but Trump/GOP" race again. Dems will vote for whoever they get but the vast majority will want a different candidate.
See... I'm not too sure about that. The whole argument of Democrats and LITERALLY their only reason for existence is telling people "We will keep the Republicans from fucking you" But then the Republicans fuck us anyway. Good formula for getting people not to show.

Viscously turning on then ignoring the very people who put you in power... No way that can result in hurt feelings... The most recent thing I can think of is Stacy Abrams and the Georgia coalition. Biden got into office off of coalition of black women and desperate working poor and desperate college debt peons turning out to give him a squeaker in Florida and Georgia.

How much has he listened to women and the working poor and those indebted students?

I wonder how much those battleground states will give him when the 'blue no matter who" parade marches into town playing the same old tired song and dance?

Don't get me wrong. I will vote for the same Democrats, the ancient, liver spotted, demented Alzheimer's ridden do nothing, double dealing traitorous, mealy mouthed, geriatric, appeasenik, huge flapping asshole who farts dust and disconnection every time he talks about "process and bipartisanship" and hums along obliviously and his party of ghoulish, blue blooded, tone deaf elitist shitbird asshats who fiddle while Rome LITERALLY burns but don't expect me to do more then sullenly turn up and pull the same lever in a blue bastion state... Because it costs me literally almost nothing to drive half a mile away and pull my lever.

I wonder if the mental arithmetic is going to be different for a hypothetical overworked single mother of three working two jobs in a battleground state who is even worse off, and more disenfranchised then last time she showed up at her polling place at 2 am and waited for sixteen hours to pull the same lever. Will she organize and phonebank and talk to her neighbors and drive people to polls and turn out again? Yeah. In her heart she knows that its *vital* but she's been burned so many times that despair has set in.

Idiotic American's barreling towards fascism. Only the guy driving the bus is blind and keeps mumbling apologies about driving us all off the cliff because pulling the bus into reverse or pulling the E brake is against the regulations.

Edit for: Wow. That wound up FAR more hostile and bitter then I wanted it to. I wanted it to be acid, not alien xenomorph eating through five decks. Pretend this was far less angry and sarcastic and dismissive then it sounded. I really like you guys.
Last edited by Drazzil on Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Every dictator who has ever risen to power has done so with folks like you behind him.
Covfefe!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:05 pm Every dictator who has ever risen to power has done so with folks like you behind him.
Okay dismissiveness aside. Assuming that, broken promises, disregard and Democratic party idiocy aside the same people who campaigned for the Democrats are willing to do so again, on account of Roe V Wade being struck down. You know we're going to need to do it even bigger later this year. How do you propose we turn out a groundswell of support that will make even the supreme court and Republicans think twice about trying to gerrymander the outcome? What message can you, the organizer bring to the same people the Dem's burned the last time?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

You know what? Lemme take off my firebrand demagogue hat for a second

*whacks the burning hat on the table a few times to put out the fire before setting it gently down.*

Americans love to punch down, as Hepcat and others have shown here. Calling our fellow Americans "idiots barreling towards fascism" and calling me a demagogue, as well as I might be. Strangely enough your wildly dismissive and disdainful attitude towards the things I post, has enough things I might think correct, for me to phonebank for WHOEVER gets the nod for President in 2 years. I will use my considerable talents at sales and my gift of gab to try and move a few people in swing states towards the Democrats *again*.

I do this because there is a ton at stake. I believe our system is fatally flawed, the Democratic party too schelerotic and moribund, and corrupt to change... Yet I will donate to people organizing locally in red states and phonebank for voters.

I will do this because we are at an inflection point. I will do this because I believe a great deal of people now living will be killed (myself included) under this grotesque unholy blasphemous thing the Republicans are trying to birth unto the world and our job is to do our best to abort it.

I do this not because I believe we have any chance whatsoever, I do it because when everything comes crashing down I can tell myself that I didn't sit on the sidelines flinging shit at people who were trying to save our fellow Americans lives.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:26 pm
Doesn't mean a doomed part of me won't cackle with mad laughter when the GoP impeaches Biden on bullshit criminal charges and perp walks him outta the White House on national TV sweating, grey faced and ashen. Bipartisan process respecting dinosaur!
I don't actually disagree with a lot of what you say. We are fucked. I just don't think going martial law and imprisoning Republicans will help instead of hurt. I wish I knew what would work. I don't understand how so many people can be so willfully blind as to what is going on.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gbasden wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:38 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:26 pm
Doesn't mean a doomed part of me won't cackle with mad laughter when the GoP impeaches Biden on bullshit criminal charges and perp walks him outta the White House on national TV sweating, grey faced and ashen. Bipartisan process respecting dinosaur!
I don't actually disagree with a lot of what you say. We are fucked. I just don't think going martial law and imprisoning Republicans will help instead of hurt. I wish I knew what would work. I don't understand how so many people can be so willfully blind as to what is going on.
If you don't believe the Democratic party is basically the same as the Republicans, then you owe it to yourself and your fellow citizens who will surely be murdered by extremists under the cloak of the law to lawfully oppose them using the ballot box.

If the extremists then successfully pull off this slow motion coup then you owe it to everyone. Your countrymen, your species and your planet to use whatever skills, talents and abilities you have to oppose whatever evil emerges. You may imagine you are safe at first, but this thing the GOP is creating will kill all of us if we let it. Nazi Germany with nukes.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:26 pm You know what? Lemme take off my firebrand demagogue hat for a second

*whacks the burning hat on the table a few times to put out the fire before setting it gently down.*

Americans love to punch down, as Hepcat and others have shown here.

You’re misinterpreting the intent behind that phrase when it was used a while back by someone else.

Also, you wildly swing between extremes. One minute you’re calling for armed revolts and blood in the streets, then when you get called out on it, you apologize and tone it down…for about 4 or 5 posts. Then it’s back to wanting to install a dictatorship.
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Covfefe!
malchior

Post by malchior »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:57 pm
malchior wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:35 pm I'd say this has gone a bit beyond "he's old".

Edit 2: Pulled back some of this - the NY Times has cross tabs available. The survey allowed for open-ended responses that had to be interpreted into these buckets. When you dig in it's pretty impossible to see much beyond Biden is unpopular and people think the economy is bad. So pretty much confirms what we already knew. America will become an autocracy because our fellow citizens The Democrats are idiots.
FTFY
You fixed nothing. The problem is our populace.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well. It seems you have figured a little something out.
You do realize that you are now (sorta) saying what so many people were telling you over and over and over.

I guess I’m curious what you would tell old Drazzil when he tells you it’s pointless to do what you just said because it’s all Kabuki Theater. How does what you just said square up with the idea that these two parties are actually these same theater company just putting on a show?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

malchior wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:47 am
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:57 pm

FTFY
You fixed nothing. The problem is our populace.

BECAUSE THE POLITICAL SYSTEM SCREWED THEM. They like many Americans after organizing and voting, found that despite promises, the only change was in their pocket. Try two or three election cycles of that, add to the EXTREME pressure of being working poor in this country and I don't blame them.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:51 am Well. It seems you have figured a little something out.
You do realize that you are now (sorta) saying what so many people were telling you over and over and over.

I guess I’m curious what you would tell old Drazzil when he tells you it’s pointless to do what you just said because it’s all Kabuki Theater. How does what you just said square up with the idea that these two parties are actually these same theater company just putting on a show?
No. I still believe that. Its just that I have to give the "Democratic" process another chance. I organized and phonebanked in 08. Voted in 12 Voted in 16. I'm going to give organizing and phonebanking another chance. If I see no results that I can directly feel in my life this time, then fuck it. I can watch whatever happens, happen.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:45 am
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:26 pm You know what? Lemme take off my firebrand demagogue hat for a second

You’re misinterpreting the intent behind that phrase when it was used a while back by someone else.

Also, you wildly swing between extremes. One minute you’re calling for armed revolts and blood in the streets, then when you get called out on it, you apologize and tone it down…for about 4 or 5 posts. Then it’s back to wanting to install a dictatorship.
I'm still pining for Bizarro Lefty Trump. :wub: What do you expect?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That's a good reminder that you actually voted in support of getting us where we are today. :D
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

We’ll, one vote should undo everything or what’s the point, right? :roll:

You only need to put on the big boy underpants once. Because the entire system screws you every time you wake up, and have to do it all over again.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:33 am We’ll, one vote should undo everything or what’s the point, right? :roll:

You only need to put on the big boy underpants once. Because the entire system screws you every time you wake up, and have to do it all over again.
You didn't even read my post. I've voted, organized and showed up and gotten nothing.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Because every day is a fresh insult, and a fresh failure of our system to even slow our rightward slide. I suppose if I were to make the argument it would be this: Our country is TOO BROKEN to govern with our current political system. And if we just abide the rules and hand things over to the other side, a lot of us will die to various causes.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The line separating you from the groups you rail against grows thinner and thinner each day....
Covfefe!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 am The line separating you from the groups you rail against grows thinner and thinner each day....
At least *they* turn out to organize and vote right?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Honestly. It’s impossible to follow what you may even mean.

You’ve now said ‘everything’ and seemingly argued every position.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

And I know percisely what the term "punch down" means. It means Americans love to attack those lower on the rungs of society then they are. Even the Democrats. Democrats love to blame the youth for not showing up. Love to punch the average non voter for not realizing that THIS TIME Democrazy is at STAK!! GOTV! We will fix things if you only give us the majority!!! Then 3 seconds after they get into power they lecture their supporters about "bipartisanship" and "respecting the process" and refusing to carve out exceptions to the filibuster and "deep concerns senator so and so or congresscritter has about that thing we promised you" But if you turn out NEXT TIME ..

Working class gets nothing, less then nothing, doesen't even get to keep what they have. So they don't vote. Then people in the Dem party get to blame them for not showing up. THATS punching down. Just like establishment Dem's blame progressives for losing elections for being too "radical".

Ive explained this, like a million times... And yet certain people