My second book is available on Amazon

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

My second book is available on Amazon

Post by Jaymann »

When I wrote my first book I had never heard of litRPG, but apparently it is a thriving genre. I looked at a few examples and thought, hey I can do that. This book is the result. At around 250 pages it's a pretty quick read. I tried to keep up a fairly rapid pace.

Currently only on kindle, the paperback version is still under review. As usual any ratings or reviews are greatly appreciated.

Link
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Re: My second book is available on Amazon

Post by Hyena »

That's awesome! I'm huge into LitRPG. I'm currently working on my own first book (have been for a couple years now...) in the genre. Congrats!
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Continued respect for your cover artist(s). Absolutely grabs my attention.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is litRPG some hippy hipster thing?

Hey wait a minute.....Hancock. Aren't you the one who flies around drunk smashing into buildings and doing bad landings?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Awesome!

Re: the title. So...the harem both does and doesn't exist at the same time?
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Never heard of LitRPG until TIL... I heard of Isekai. You throw the word Harem in your title and its like your in all the subject headers when I'm trying to find my next anime. Somewhere along the very recent, the most common headers "fantasy" "shonen" turned into "Isekai" "Harem" while I'm waiting for the next dubs of One Piece to release. Makes little sense to me but then I was pulled in to anime from watching Toonami on Adult Swim.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Superchunk!
naednek

Post by naednek »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:05 pm Continued respect for your cover artist(s). Absolutely grabs my attention.
was it the boobs? :P
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love crop tops. But how does that fit fantasy? :)
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:50 pm Awesome!

Re: the title. So...the harem both does and doesn't exist at the same time?
What is funny about that is my son threw that title out as a joke when I was early into the project, then I realized I could make it work. And yes the artist is amazing. I can just give him a crude sketch or a concept and he can flesh it out.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Paperback version is now available for any who don't do kindle. It turns out I screwed up on submitting the page size. Idiot algorithms at Amazon just held it as a draft but gave me no indication of what the problem was, so I had to figure it out for myself. Fortunately my cover artist had the info on file. Once I corrected it, it published in a few hours.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My book is on the opening segment of Media Death Cult. Strangely, Moid does not know how to pronounce the word "harem."

Note: The book has some light erotic content, but is not what Moid thinks it is.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

So what exactly is litRPG? I guess I could go look it up...

In the meantime I have to say I enjoyed this review:
I have been seen h fantasy for year but this book or story is probably the worst I have read .There is no point to the story, chapter after chapter leads to nothing but finding a bit of equipment or another race of individuals or an enemy with no information as to why he is in the situation he is in or what direction he must go . The title indicates Schlesinger Harem but there is no such thing or any indication or a Harem. The only need scene was the worst description of an active scene I have ever read but with no.sexual.description of said activate and there is no book two . I do have.to say that then book is so dam holding that I stopped reading it .it was in fact a waste of my time th
My favorite sentence in the review is in bold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I could review the review.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yeah, I suppose his illiteracy speaks for itself. LitRPG is a genre where the protagonist fights adversaries and gains stats and levels up like in an RPG. Some that I've read seems a bit simplistic, and maybe that is what this "reviewer" was looking for. Strange that he hates it but complains there is no book two. Hope he finds it elsewhere, those need scenes can be very explicit.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:12 pm Yeah, I suppose his illiteracy speaks for itself. LitRPG is a genre where the protagonist fights adversaries and gains stats and levels up like in an RPG. Some that I've read seems a bit simplistic, and maybe that is what this "reviewer" was looking for. Strange that he hates it but complains there is no book two. Hope he finds it elsewhere, those need scenes can be very explicit.
Next time make sure you completely describe all the activates.
Conform or be cast out!
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I read the first one without knowing what LitRPG was, and the best way I can describe it is like reading a storified version of a D&D-type campaign. There's a narrative, there are fully fleshed out characters, (there are sexy scenes!) but if you're at all familiar with fantasy role-playing, you also recognize character classes, magic weapons, pre-set encounters, etc. It's not really my genre, but I like to occasionally go outside my comfort zone in reading and I'm glad I picked up the first one and read it.
That's my purse! I don't know you!