Favorite free games from Epic

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordMortis

Favorite free games from Epic

Post by LordMortis »

I got Epic to get Pheonix Point and a select few other games during sales. And yet I have a huge library of Epic games... unplayed. What are your favorites? What should I actually install and play?
Daehawk

Re: Favorite free games from Epic

Post by Daehawk »

I thought catching and getting free games from Epic was a game unto itself.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Apparently I have 246 games there, and I think all were free. And I didn't even begin until after the first year of giveaways I think. I think I've downloaded a few and played one, which I quickly gave up on.

Tyranny's supposed to be pretty good, ain't it? Watch Dogs or Watch Dogs 2? The Stanley Parable? Sonic Mania? Beats me, I haven't played them. :lol: Shit, I even have Rage 2? And I'd been hoping to see that on sale so I could buy it.

Edit: What the hell, I have Tyranny? I've always wanted to play that but logging in to my wife's Steam account was too much trouble.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hitman
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Looks like... 276? I've bought a few (all Borderlands titles, I believe), but not many.

Lesse here, other than Borderlands, I've spend meaningful time with, and liked (maybe on Epic, maybe elsewhere):

~Prey
~World War Z
~Slime Rancher
~The Metro series
~The Batman: Arkham series
~Bioshock
~Defense Grid: The Awakening
~GTA 5
~Jurassic World: Evolution (think Planet Zoo - even the same developer)
~Kingdom Come Deliverance
~Pathfinder: Kingmaker
~Shadowrun Returns (note that I didn't list 'Dragonfall' - I don't recommend it.)
~Civilization VI
~Subnautica
~Subnautica: Below Zero
~The Outer Worlds
~The Stanley Parable
~The Talos Principle

On my 'to play' list:

~A Plague Tale: Innocence
~Alan Wake
~Alien Isolation
~Assassin's Creed Odyssey
~Other Bioshock
~Control
~Darksiders
~Dungeons III
~Frostpunk
~Hitman
~Hob
~Offworld Trading Company
~Iron Harvest
~Pillars of Eternity
~Rebel Galaxy
~The modern Tomb Raider games
~Shadowrun: Hong Kong
~Star Wars: Squadrons
~Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
~Superhot
~The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We are collectors.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well...

I recently played Void Bastards. Which was way more enjoyable than expected. I liked how the game played out in bite sized chunks. So it's easy to drop in for a bit.

And, since I realized that I don't actually enjoy 3rd person shooters as much as 1st person shooters (and I've noticed that the former seem to way more common these days), I re-installed Metro Exodus for a replay. As an unabashed fan of the STALKER and Metro games, I'd recommend it.

I played through Prey not that long ago. It was a lot of fun. The abilities you get made it feel a bit like Bioshock. Which is also on the list. I did a replay of the first Bioshock a while ago and have been contemplating the others. And now Epic gave me the DLC too.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was really good. Too short, but definitely worth it.

I have a number of other ones on my list to play (Control, Alien Isolation, Pathfinder), but since I haven't actually played them, I can't recommend them. Yet.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I only have 180...... :(

Out of those, I bought 1, Phoenix Point.
And that's the only one I've installed and played so far........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

The only Epic game I have played is Total War:Troy back when it was exclusive to their platform and...Well, let's just say I understand why they gave it away for free. I normally like Total War games, but something felt really off-putting about how Troy couldn't decide if it wanted to be history or fantasy and tried for both at the same time.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I stopped for a long time and I joined the free game party after buying Phoenix Point. I've bought four games since then, Old World, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3(?), and Medieval something or other. They were duds.

I've played the free D&D play itself game for a bit and Ticket To Ride and tried to see about the hubub for My Time in Portia.

My Epic library is apparently 193 games. It just seems like should be playing some of them.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:29 pm I recently played Void Bastards. Which was way more enjoyable than expected. I liked how the game played out in bite sized chunks. So it's easy to drop in for a bit.
Void Bastards was a great game - I've actually played that one twice, and I generally dislike rogue-lites. I think I mentioned once that it reminds me a great deal of Paranoia (the RPG.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

realizing my game interests don't line up with most people's here.... i'll keep this short

if you haven't played Talos Principle yet... what in god's name is wrong with you
Nuclear Throne
FEZ
Enter the Gungeon
Cave Story +
Into the Breach
SUPERHOT

Overcooked! 1 and 2 (if you have other people to play with AND with the following caveats: if they have a vested interest in actually playing, rather than just randomly flailing or actively trying to sabotage the other players. this game is very fun if everyone is committed to teamwork.)