2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

waitingtoconnect

Re: 2024 - the MAGA Presidency and Revenge Tour

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Iowa just called for trump by Kornacki on msnbc - with 1% of the vote counted trump has 75% of the vote. Would expect that to drop but it’s over already.

With this result the nomination elections are over. The donors will run to Trump.

Trumps popularity with evangelicals comes from what is called the prosperity gospel way of thinking. It’s also why they give him heaps of money. The richer you are the more blessed you are but god. So they vote for him.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:40 pm With this result the nomination elections are over. The donors will run to Trump.
Nah, they'll wait to see what happens in NH. Trump has a plurality there, but not a majority. If Desantis would get the fuck out of the way Haley would have a realistic shot at closing the gap there. Nobody wants to make America Florida.

'Course, she's got no juice after NH. But still. She could bloody his nose.

Gawd, here I am rooting for Haley again. :(
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I refuse to believe the current GOP en masse is going to get behind a woman as their nominee for President. Unless she was Stormfront from The Boys, and even then I'm not sure.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And let’s not forget that she’s not white enough in their eyes. Something Trump himself had been insinuating with his recent retweets of conspiracy theories that she’s not legally able to be president due to her nationality.
He won. Period.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:12 pm
waitingtoconnect wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:40 pm With this result the nomination elections are over. The donors will run to Trump.
Nah, they'll wait to see what happens in NH. Trump has a plurality there, but not a majority. If Desantis would get the fuck out of the way Haley would have a realistic shot at closing the gap there. Nobody wants to make America Florida.

'Course, she's got no juice after NH. But still. She could bloody his nose.

Gawd, here I am rooting for Haley again. :(
Lesser of two evils… (or four)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:08 pm And let’s not forget that she’s not white enough in their eyes. Something Trump himself had been insinuating with his recent retweets of conspiracy theories that she’s not legally able to be president due to her nationality.
Her nationality? She was born in BFE "Bamberg, South Carolina".
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:12 pm
Nobody wants to make America Florida.
Disagree. Florida is like Mecca for the new, hardline GOP'ers - I know more than a few people that talk about it like it's heaven, and that is purely for political reasons. It's like my wife and I sometimes talk about Boston or New York or similar. A place that more closely "resembles" your world view, I guess, if that makes sense, and we can anthropomorphize places.

Also, Floridians. Floridians want to make America Florida.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:17 am
hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:08 pm And let’s not forget that she’s not white enough in their eyes. Something Trump himself had been insinuating with his recent retweets of conspiracy theories that she’s not legally able to be president due to her nationality.
Trump has shared on his media platforms a conspiracy theory that is making the rounds that claims she's not really an American citizen because her parents weren't citizens when she was born.

Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and former governor of South Carolina, was born on Jan. 20, 1972 in Bamberg, South Carolina. Haley is now running to be the Republican nominee for president, and as a natural born citizen, she is eligible to serve in that position, according to constitutional scholars.

As we have written before, the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution grants citizenship to anyone born in the United States. Ratified in 1868, the 14th Amendment states: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

But posts on social media falsely claim she is ineligible to serve because her parents were not U.S. citizens when she was born. Former President Donald Trump, the front-runner in the Republican presidential race, shared the bogus claim on Jan. 8 on his social media platform, Truth Social, citing an Instagram post from the conservative website Gateway Pundit.

“In @NikkiHaley’s situation, reports indicate that her parents were not U.S. citizens at the time of her birth in 1972. Based on the Constitution as interpreted by @PaulIngrassia, this disqualifies Haley from presidential or vice-presidential candidacy under the 12th Amendment,” the post said.

The Gateway Pundit is referring to Paul Ingrassia, a 2022 Cornell Law School graduate, who wrote on Substack that the U.S. Constitution “absolutely prohibits” Haley from becoming president or vice president. (In his Substack bio, Ingrassia says his Substack is “President Trump’s go-to source on political and social commentary.”)

Haley’s parents were born in the Punjab region of India and immigrated to the U.S., she wrote in her autobiography, “Can’t Is Not an Option: My American Story.” Her father became a U.S. citizen in 1978 and her mother in 2003.

But the citizenship status of Haley’s parents at the time of her birth are irrelevant to her eligibility to serve as president, constitutional experts say. Similar false claims were made about Kamala Harris in 2020, when Joe Biden chose her as his vice presidential running mate. Social media posts claimed Harris could not serve as president, if such a need occurred, because her Indian mother and Jamaican father were not American citizens when she was born.

As we wrote at that time, Josh Chafetz, a professor at Georgetown University Law Center specializing in constitutional law, called those posts “racist nonsense.”

Chafetz told us in an email in 2020: “To serve as president, one must be at least 35 years old, have been a resident of the United States for at least 14 years, and be a ‘natural born Citizen’ (Article II, sec. 1 of the Constitution). Additionally, one cannot have already been president for more than a term and a half (22nd Amendment).”

Chafetz also said the fact that Harris’ parents were immigrants is “wholly irrelevant” to her eligibility to serve as president.

Responding to the claims about Haley by Gateway Pundit, Geoffrey Stone, a constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago, told the Associated Press, “Having been born in South Carolina, [Haley] is clearly a ‘natural born citizen,’ without regard to the fact that her parents were immigrants.”

Stone also told the AP that there are no legitimate arguments that Haley is ineligible to serve as president based on her parents’ citizenship when she was born.

Laurence Tribe, a constitutional law professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, told NBC News that the “birther claims against Nikki Haley are totally baseless as a legal and constitutional matter.”
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Haley is a dreamer
Brian

Post by Brian »

Somebody should ask her how it feels to have her face eaten.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Also, Floridians. Floridians want to make America Florida.
Not all of us. Although maybe I don’t count anymore I guess as I’m attempting to flee the state sometime this year.

Florida is a lost cause. I just hope to get out before the bubble completely bursts.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:17 am
Yeah, but where were her parents born and did they come to the US just to have a baby to try and have a foreigner for president from some shithole America hating country?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Unagi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:39 am Haley is a dreamer
And an anchor baby.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trump is going back to his playbook of emphasizing someone isn't REALLY white by calling them by names that points this out to his maggot audience.
“Anyone listening to Nikki ‘Nimrada’ [sic] Haley’s wacked-out speech last night, would think that she won the Iowa Primary. She didn’t,'” Trump posted on Truth Social. “Nikki came in a distant THIRD!”
He pulled this shit on Obama, now he's pulling it with Haley.

Christ, I can't wait for his diet to help the world out by removing him from the gene pool.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:40 pm Trump is going back to his playbook of emphasizing someone isn't REALLY white by calling them by names that points this out to his maggot audience.
“Anyone listening to Nikki ‘Nimrada’ [sic] Haley’s wacked-out speech last night, would think that she won the Iowa Primary. She didn’t,'” Trump posted on Truth Social. “Nikki came in a distant THIRD!”
He pulled this shit on Obama, now he's pulling it with Haley.

Christ, I can't wait for his diet to help the world out by removing him from the gene pool.
I get the sense that a lot of people here think he's going to die imminently, and I'm not sure where that's coming from. PLENTY of smokers that live well into their 90's. Plenty of people that ate shit food all their life as well. Genes, more than anything else, is probably going to be the determining factor. How old was his Dad when he died? (94) His mom? (88).
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Pretty sure the odds are against, not for, someone eating a lifetime of shit food and leading a sedentary lifestyle.
Last edited by Alefroth on Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Medline: "The siblings and children (collectively called first-degree relatives) of long-lived individuals are more likely to remain healthy longer and to live to an older age than their peers"

OTOH, I just came across a few studies that indicate that lifestyle trumps (!) genetics in terms of longevity, so....???
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Only the good die young.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:37 pm Medline: "The siblings and children (collectively called first-degree relatives) of long-lived individuals are more likely to remain healthy longer and to live to an older age than their peers"
"More likely" leaves a lot of wiggle room. Going from 60% to 90% is 50% more likely. So is going from 1% to 1.5% Assuming that you die of natural causes, when it happens is the culmination of a huge number of factors. Genetics. What you eat. What you drink. How much you move. Your vices. What diseases you suffered when you were younger (I wonder how COVID will affect lifespan?) Where you live (how's the air?) How much stress you are under, and how you handle that stress. The quality of preventative medical care you've received. Did you spend a lot of time in the sun when you were younger? What chemicals have you been exposed to in your lifetime? Radiation exposure (as a former cancer patient, for instance, I've had considerable radiation exposure that changes my long-term outlook.)

Trump has a lot of checks in the minus column from his lifestyle. Especially the stress - he's a high-strung person with a history of high-stress jobs, including one of the most stressful known, who is facing nearly 100 criminal charges while running for the highest office. His stress and how poorly he handles it is probably a bigger negative factor than his diet and sedentary lifestyle combined.

But he has a lot of checks in the plus column, too. Genetics. Money (which is probably his biggest plus - he can afford to have a 24/7 personal physician if he wants, and doesn't have to wait six months for an appointment for testing, then make due with whichever discount doc happens to be on staff.) He's probably faced relatively low exposure to chemicals, and reportedly isn't a drinker or a smoker.

He's certainly old enough that him keeling over tomorrow wouldn't be a surprise. He's hit life expectancy for a male in 40 of the 50 states. Then again, he could live for another 20 years.

My personal feeling is that the minus column is likely much bigger than the pluses column, but it's impossible to tell. To be honest, the ideal result would be for him to keel over after his trials so that he's on record for what he did, but if it's dirt nap or winning the election, I hope (yes, I do) that he bucks the kicket tomorrow.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

I mean why not...

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:32 am I mean why not...

What in the world is leaking from both edges of Carville's mouth, SYPHILIS!?! :D (seriously, what is that nasty shit??)
Also that photo of Trump holding up his STD hands looks very doctored to me.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Looking for a better picture, his whole tiny hand looks doctored, but with phones making changes to photos on the spot, who know any more?

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/myster ... ing-health
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I know everyone is obsessed about his blisters and blood-thinners, but I'm guessing his legal team is at the "finding out" stage of what the bigger plan is for all of Trump's bank accounts:
Former President Donald Trump spoke in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on Wednesday night and informed attendees they are the targets of a de-banking effort.

“De-banking” occurs when a bank refuses to house accounts belonging to people or organizations because the bank deems them to have too much legal or political risk.

“We did so well and I think we’re gonna have the same result here,” Trump said. “I really do. I think we’re gonna [unintelligible]. But we’re also going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to de-bank you from your— you know, your political beliefs, what they do. They wanna de-bank you and we’re going to de-bank.”
Yes, they're totally going to try and de-bank the average American and not the guy that's been committing banking fraud for decades.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carville acknowledges the doctoring possibility. It's more of a curiosity for now but folks like Carville and Tim Miller (and others) commenting on it is amusing to me.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:58 amYes, they're totally going to try and de-bank the average American and not the guy that's been committing banking fraud for decades.
Sure. Also a major top 5 bank in the US can't keep my email address straight in their system. Even though it hasn't changed for 20 years. Even though it has been confirmed annually for some time. But they are going to keep track of my political reputation. Ok.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Just in case it isn't clear.

A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE FULL IMMUNITY, WITHOUT WHICH IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM/HER TO PROPERLY FUNCTION. ANY MISTAKE, EVEN IF WELL INTENDED, WOULD BE MET WITH ALMOST CERTAIN INDICTMENT BY THE OPPOSING PARTY AT TERM END. EVEN EVENTS THAT “CROSS THE LINE” MUST FALL UNDER TOTAL IMMUNITY, OR IT WILL BE YEARS OF TRAUMA TRYING TO DETERMINE GOOD FROM BAD. THERE MUST BE CERTAINTY. EXAMPLE: YOU CAN’T STOP POLICE FROM DOING THE JOB OF STRONG & EFFECTIVE CRIME PREVENTION BECAUSE YOU WANT TO GUARD AGAINST THE OCCASIONAL “ROGUE COP” OR “BAD APPLE.” SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH “GREAT BUT SLIGHTLY IMPERFECT.” ALL PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE COMPLETE & TOTAL PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY, OR THE AUTHORITY & DECISIVENESS OF A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WILL BE STRIPPED & GONE FOREVER. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE AN EASY DECISION. GOD BLESS THE SUPREME COURT!

Donald Trump Truth Social 12:59 AM EST 01/18/24
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Nixon should have been jailed.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow. Just wow.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
malchior

Post by malchior »

Someone should ask Trump if Biden could just order his execution. Seems like that could be seen as a decisive way to put some of this threat behind us.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:58 am
“We did so well and I think we’re gonna have the same result here,” Trump said. “I really do. I think we’re gonna [unintelligible].
I call foul. I find it highly unlikely that only ONE word was unintelligible.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Because why wouldn't a dictator be great for the economy?
Several business executives have noted a theme in their private discussions during the summit: U.S. industry leaders seem overwhelmingly nonplussed with a second Trump term, while foreign chief executives are terrified — particularly of restrictions on immigration and potential global conflicts.

One prominent U.S. business executive, who asked not to be named because his discussions with foreign leaders were private, said some of the fear may be due to a lack of understanding of the checks and balances built into the U.S. government.

Another U.S. bank CEO privately expressed annoyance with media exaggeration of the threat of a Trump presidency, stressing he's "all bark and no bite." The bank chief also dismissed Trump's refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election as bloviation.

"He's going to win the presidency," the CEO predicted. "Many of his policies were right."
If CEOs support another Trump presidency, it has to be a good thing for the average American, right?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That's what Dimon is saying. :roll:
Last edited by LordMortis on Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Straight white millionaires not worried about administration that caters specifically to straight white millionaires. News at 11.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Sociopathic oligarchs think the threat is exaggerated? Bullshit. They know what will happen. They just don't care.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:12 pm Because why wouldn't a dictator be great for the economy?
Several business executives have noted a theme in their private discussions during the summit: U.S. industry leaders seem overwhelmingly nonplussed with a second Trump term, while foreign chief executives are terrified — particularly of restrictions on immigration and potential global conflicts.

One prominent U.S. business executive, who asked not to be named because his discussions with foreign leaders were private, said some of the fear may be due to a lack of understanding of the checks and balances built into the U.S. government.

Another U.S. bank CEO privately expressed annoyance with media exaggeration of the threat of a Trump presidency, stressing he's "all bark and no bite." The bank chief also dismissed Trump's refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election as bloviation.

"He's going to win the presidency," the CEO predicted. "Many of his policies were right."
If CEOs support another Trump presidency, it has to be a good thing for the average American, right?
Of course! Why would you think differently? Do you want to get nerve stapled?!? Now stand straight, they’re about to play the corporate anthem.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I listened to a book by William L. Shirer about similar sentiments. I think it might have been Germany a few years back. 1930s-40s, maybe. I forget.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:12 pm
Oh, they understand the checks and balances better than one particular prominent U.S. business executive.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
malchior

Post by malchior »

Good grief. All this groveling and what will Scott get in the end? Probably nothing. What a chump.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Speaking of revenge:

“Just a little note to Nikki, she is not going to win, but if she did she would be under investigation by those people in 15 minutes. I could tell you five reasons why already, not big reasons, little stuff that she doesn’t want to talk about, but she will be under investigation in minutes,” said Mr Trump to a crowd of his supporters on Tuesday night.”