The Forward party is born

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

The Forward party is born

Post by malchior »

WaPo

Just what we need. A bunch of has beens and never was's forming a third party that'll cleave the Democratic party and allow the fascists to march into town.
Political extremism is ripping our nation apart, and the two major parties have failed to remedy the crisis. Last week, the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack at the Capitol led us to relive one of the darkest days in U.S. history. The chilling culmination of an attempted electoral coup in the United States was the strongest evidence yet that we are facing the potential demise of our democracy.

Polarization is fueling a spike in political intimidation. In the past two years, we’ve seen death threats and assassination plots against members of Congress, governors, Supreme Court justices and even the vice president of the United States.

If nothing is done, the United States will not reach its 300th birthday this century in recognizable form. That’s why we are coming together — Democrats, Republicans and independents — to build a new, unifying political party for the majority of Americans who want to move past divisiveness and reject extremism.

Americans have lost faith in government. Nearly 8 in 10 say the country is headed in the wrong direction, according to a recent survey, and two-thirds of voters think neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have the right priorities.

Shockingly, roughly 30 million Americans believe violence against the current government is justified. The same number want to forcibly return former president Donald Trump to the White House. This is what happens when democracies fail: People feel their voices are not heard and radicalize to take up arms, leading to mainstream talk about “civil war.”

How do you remedy such a crisis? In a system torn apart by two increasingly divided extremes, you must reintroduce choice and competition.

The United States badly needs a new political party — one that reflects the moderate, common-sense majority. Today’s outdated parties have failed by catering to the fringes. As a result, most Americans feel they aren’t represented.
Last edited by malchior on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaymann

Re: The Forward party is born

Post by Jaymann »

Epic Fail
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

The op ed had me grating my teeth to be honest. Beyond it being a terrible, no good, end of democracy idea, they basically paint the entire Democratic party with a far left brush. And contrast it to the GOP which is actively radicalizing.

For Pete's sake. Joe Biden is not far left. Pelosi is not far left. Schumer is not far left. Co-President Manchin is not far left. Enough with this BS equivocation.

For example, this passage is straight up misinformation. Are there elements that'd fall in the 'far left' column in the Democratic party. Yes. Does the below they ascribe to the 'far left' in any form resemble the Democratic party platform? NOT EVEN CLOSE. I'm so sick of misinformation and lying. Their party announcement is essentially packed with lying and illogic. And they are saying they're better?!
On guns, for instance, most Americans don’t agree with calls from the far left to confiscate all guns and repeal the Second Amendment, but they’re also rightfully worried by the far right’s insistence on eliminating gun laws. On climate change, most Americans don’t agree with calls from the far left to completely upend our economy and way of life, but they also reject the far right’s denial that there is even a problem. On abortion, most Americans don’t agree with the far left’s extreme views on late-term abortions, but they also are alarmed by the far right’s quest to make a woman’s choice a criminal offense.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I suspect we won't be surprised when we find out who's funding this.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:23 pm I suspect we won't be surprised when we find out who's funding this.
Yang?
malchior

Post by malchior »

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

if this takes off, we'll have 'far-right', 'right' and 'moderate-right' as major party selections. LOL i wonder if the Forward Party is actually 'the true interests of the ruling 0.1% kleptocracy' party.

there was someone in the state primary this year running under the "Trump Republican" party. let that split happen.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I was waiting for that Roe v Wade question to show up online. I'd heard the audio, but video is always better. If that doesn't answer exactly what's happening here, I don't know what does.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

What isn't clear about taking the common sense consensus!?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I mean if only we all shared a ‘common’ sense …
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paving the future one or two non-voters at a time!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

In the Forward Party, a high-five is a legal form of vote.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Andrew Yang: Let's start a political third party. Who's with me?

HS student: Are you a narc?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Enlarge Image
Black Lives Matter.