Getting maximum speed on YouTube

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dbt1949

Getting maximum speed on YouTube

Post by dbt1949 »

Lately my YouTube quality has gone down. If I watch a music video in comes in pretty clear. But if I watch a game video it's showing much worse quality. I have the speed set on 720 but I don't get that all the time, especially when I'm watching a gaming video.
Is there a setting for this?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Re: Getting maximum speed on YouTube

Post by Daehawk »

No idea. I open YT and end up waiting and waiting..I see the video box but the rest of the screen is white. It will finally pop in about the 10-15 sec mark.

Its like lately here the submit button too. I click it, it goes blue, then 8-10 sec later it posts.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:59 pm Lately my YouTube quality has gone down. If I watch a music video in comes in pretty clear. But if I watch a game video it's showing much worse quality. I have the speed set on 720 but I don't get that all the time, especially when I'm watching a gaming video.
Is there a setting for this?
You'll likely get better performance by using Yewtu.be (or another Invidious instance) instead. This is basically an open source alternative front-end to YouTube, which allows you to watch videos without being disturbed by annoying ads and also protects you from the prying eyes of Google.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

That Yewtu.be channel works great! Thanks.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949