BGG Con 2022

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

BGG Con 2022

Post by Isgrimnur »

Been on sale for a while now, and still ~40% of the standard tickets are available.

Trying to figure out if I want to pull the trigger on it this year or not.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Re: BGG Con 2022

Post by coopasonic »

In the same boat. I've looked a few times and I just can't make myself pull the trigger. I go back into the office regularly (2-3 days as week) starting in a week. Maybe that will help get me more accustomed to being around more people.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm going in on a boss-schedule every two weeks. Other stuff is dragging me in at least once a week.

Given that they usually sell out in like two days, if they don't sell through, it should be a lighter load of people this year.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Anyone decided to go?

I'm about 50% at this point. I broached the subject with my wife this morning, and she didn't seem upset at all that I'd want to spend money on a boardgame vacation. She will be going to the Philippines about that time for ~2 months, so it would be me going by myself.

I want to go. I'm just not sure what I'll do there for 5 days. That seems like quite a stretch of time to fill with random strangers (present company excepted) playing games that I don't know how to play. Is the display/sales room THAT good?

How do you fill 5 days?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You can fill 5 days easy. Many people like to teach their favorite games. A day for the hall, a day to look around and the rest you’ll find fills up fast.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fardaza wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:59 am Anyone decided to go?
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I really want to and probably will. The hardest thing for you at this point will likely be finding a nearby place to stay. The hotel still sells out pretty much instantly.
Fardaza wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:59 am How do you fill 5 days?
I generally only fill 3.5 days as I don't go on Sunday (and the library closes early Sunday so most people are on their way out then) and Saturday evening is generally interrupted by the closing ceremonies.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fardaza wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:59 am Anyone decided to go?
Just bought my ticket.
Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:18 pm Given that they usually sell out in like two days, if they don't sell through, it should be a lighter load of people this year.
884 tickets available out of 2800 with less than 3 weeks before the start of the con.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Boss has some consultants coming in that week, so I’d be unable to attend before Saturday, which makes it kind of pointless.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

I saw that there were still almost 2,000 tickets left. That makes me want to go even more. Smaller crowds, less competition for local hotels, easier to get around in the hall. I'm up to about 65% now! I'll make that decision in the next 2 weeks.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fardaza wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:14 pm I saw that there were still almost 2,000 tickets left. That makes me want to go even more. Smaller crowds, less competition for local hotels, easier to get around in the hall. I'm up to about 65% now! I'll make that decision in the next 2 weeks.
You have the numbers inverted, almost 2000 is the number of tickets sold. 884 tickets left out of 2800 total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Ack. You're right. Not sure how I mixed that up.

Still need to decide soon then.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I really need to make it down there one of these days. Can't do it this year. Maybe next.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

I'm leaving tomorrow!

Gonna take a slow road trip by myself. Will spend the night somewhere in Arkansas. Tuesday evening I'll meet my roommate and stay in the Con hotel. I'll be there all the way thru Sunday.

I'm also going to meet up with a guy who is going to sell me his KS collection of Sword & Sorcery: Ancient Chronicles. That way I don't have to pay shipping.

I know Coopasonic is going to be there. Is anyone else going that hasn't posted about it yet?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fardaza wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 am I know Coopasonic is going to be there. Is anyone else going that hasn't posted about it yet?
It sounds like Isgrimnur has other stuff going on. Lorini is usually there, but she doesn't post here anymore. Redfive goes to the Memorial Day version, but not the fall one. There's also Spacelord but it seems like he hasn't posted here in forever.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Where is this usually?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:31 pm Where is this usually?
Dallas, TX -- specific location in Dallas has changed over the years but always in the DFW area
-Coop
Black Lives Matter