EPIC 2FA Warning

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lassr

EPIC 2FA Warning

Post by Lassr »

I set up 2FA on EPIC several months ago and today I had to use it because it forgot my PC I have been using. I set up the email 2FA and so far no emails for the security code. I've have been chatting with EPIC support for the past 2.5 hours trying to fix it. I can get all their emails, even the "verify my email" email but nothing on the 2FA nor can I get the reset password emails. (they are not in my junk folder). So be warned if you have 2FA set up with email, you may want to change it to something else. I hope I haven't lost my account.

What is strange is I'm not getting the forgot password emails either so not sure, as that is not related to 2FA emails.

Thinking back I ran into an issue like this for Microsoft Bing Awards not sending me emails and they could never solve it, their solution was to let you see you awards codes in your account on Bing.

Edit: Now their latest response is to go to my service provider and find the emails or find out why they are not being delivered. It's not reaching my service provider, as I can log onto the server and see the emails before they are downloaded to Outlook on my computer. Nothing there. Not sure what else I can do. Repurchase the games on Steam that I really like and write off the rest and never use EPIC again.

Edit 2: I just got a reset password email...although that does not solve my 2FA emails. So I will try that again.

Edit 3: They disabled 2FA for my account since i was able to change my password. I'd like to change my email...but I have to get a security code for that, and yep, no emails with security code. Reset 2FA for my cell# and text and that worked.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: EPIC 2FA Warning

Post by Lassr »

Logged in and out of my account a few times then tried to change the email and it worked instantly, got the security email within a minute. I have a feeling there auto email system was having issues.

So we have a record of what I did if anyone else runs into this issue.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter