NHL 2022-23 Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

NHL 2022-23 Season

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's totally a thing!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
The Meal

Re: NHL 2022-23 Season

Post by The Meal »

History says it won’t be the same 16 teams in the post season, but picking against feels like you’re being contrarian.

Lots of folks elevating the Rangers as the Eastern Conference favorite (not I). Carolina seems to be the number two favorite. I’ll take the field (Panthers, if pushed).

North of the border folks excited to promote the rise of Ottawa and Vancouver this season. The Pacific playoff race promises to be exciting down the wire.

I’m watching closely the five teams in the East trying to rise to relevance: New Jersey, Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, and Columbus. Hard to rank among that group. Likely comes down to goaltending and health.

I’d take Colorado over Calgary in the West. Kings should be a fun story. St Louis is intriguing how they respond to the off season roster losses.

Florida over the Avs for me.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Last night's amazingness from the TOR-ARI game has Steve Dangle going extreme Dangle.

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

The new reverse retro jerseys are out. Love the Habs and Avs (Colorado also nailed theirs the first time around). Detroit isn't as much of a stinker as the first one (the "practice sweater" as its known by the fans), but I'm not a huge fan of wordmark jerseys.

Looking at some of the things I said would be of interest to me heading into the season... (Caveat— it's overreaction week!)

1. Not the same 16 teams in the playoffs this time around.
► Currently (by points percentage) PHI, DET, BUF, WPG and VGK are new teams which would qualify for the post-season.

2. Not CAR or NYR to win the EC.
► Check back in May

3. The Pacific playoff race will be tight.
► Right now it's the biggest gap between the top 3 (automatic post-season qualifiers) and first WC-eligible team (no WC teams would come from the Pacific for a 20 October 2022 playoff start date)

4. Paying attention to NJD, BUF, DET, OTT, CLB
► (probably should've included the NYI in that list, but to me they seemed a cut above that group, and not necessarily a team going in the same direction as that pack, so I'll leave them out)
.833 DET (t-EC2, A1)
.667 BUF (t-EC8, A4)
.333 OTT (t-EC13, A7)
.333 NJD (t-EC13, M7)
.250 CLB (t-EC15, M8)
Woof.

5. COL > CGY
► Check again in May 2023

6. LAK should be exciting, watch how STL responds

.600 LAK (WC7, P3)
Have seen one of their games. It was exciting!
1.000 STL (t-WC1, t-C1)
Have only played two games, but they've won every game put in front of them!

7. FLA > COL
► Gotta wait for June 2023 for this one.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Another white jersey for the Sabres means another jersey I won’t buy.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Colorado's is good, but what I really want is the 2020 Nordiques edition. Also, Chicago's stinks.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Alright, back for my end-of-October recap.

At 990 straight games (and counting), Phil Kessel set the NHL ironman streak. When he tied Kyle Turris at 989 games, he had an apparent power play goal (the milestone 400th of his career) called back after a coach's challenge showed the play was actually offside. 30 seconds later he set up an actual goal. Got his juices flowing as the next game when he established the new record, he actually did pot his 400th. Kessel plays for the Vegas Golden Knights after having played with Arizona, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and Boston. He's notorious for not playing at top echelon body weight, hating to drink water, and not being much of a body checker. But he never missed (recent) time for sickness, injury, suspension, or as a coach's decision. (He's actually a cancer survivor, having had testicular cancer in his early 20s.) His streak would add another 70-some games during the post-season if that were how the league kept stats.

The last team to earn its first win (Vancouver, after 7 straight losses to start the season) and first regulation loss (Detroit, after going 3-0-2 to start the season, on a real cupcake schedule) have occurred. Vancouver's was notable as it gave head coach Bruce Boudreau his 600th career victory (22nd on the league coaching list). Took a bit longer than expected to happen, as Vancouver was a sexy pick from most pundits to find their way into the playoffs. It'll be an uphill battle, but Boudreau has done it before.

Elliot Friedman, a notable sportswriter for the NHL—who has now retired his pen from the outstanding weekly-ish 32 Thoughts, has a stat that shows 88% of all teams that eventually make the playoff are within 4-points of the playoff line at the ridiculously early date of November 1. We're fast approaching that time, and reporting will show a handful of teams get excluded by this stat. "You can't win The Cup in October, but you can lose it," is the oft-repeated aphorism.

And onto my assessment of my preseason predictions...

[20 Oct 22] Currently (by points percentage) PHI, DET, BUF, WPG and VGK are new teams which would qualify for the post-season.
► Teams currently ousted from last year's group of 16 (by points percentage): TOR, PIT, NYR, TBL, WAS, STL, NAS, MIN, and COL. The Rangers, Lightning, and Capitols are all tied with the Islanders for the last wild card spot in the East, but lose on current tie breakers. Similarly the defending Cup champs are tied with the Kings for the final wild card spot in the West, but lose further down the stat line. Too many exceptional teams on this list for there not being additional turn over as the season progresses.

[20 Oct 22] Right now it's the biggest gap between the top 3 (automatic post-season qualifiers) and first WC-eligible team (no WC teams would come from the Pacific for a 20 October 2022 playoff start date)
Still the biggest gap between the #3 team (EDM) and the #4 teams (SEA/LAK). It's currently a top-heavy division (a la last year's Atlantic) with VGK, CGY, and EDM far outpacing the pack. I'm surprised by VANs slow start to the year, and I expect the Kings to elevate themselves as the months tick off.

[20 Oct 22] .833 DET (t-EC2, A1); .667 BUF (t-EC8, A4); .333 OTT (t-EC13, A7); .333 NJD (t-EC13, M7); .250 CLB (t-EC15, M8)

.625 NYD (t-EC4, M3)
.625 BUF (t-EC4, t-A2)
.625 DET (t-EC4, t-A2)
.500 OTT (t-EC13, t-A7)
.333 CLB (EC16, M8)
Devils look like the team from this group with the biggest upside for doing some damage this year—at one point they were #1 in the league for shots generated per game, and #1 in the league for fewest shots allowed per game. Their kryptonite, however, is the minor issue of goaltending. Still, the way they are playing is extremely fun to watch. Some very good teams below them in the Metropolitan standings, so they'll be in a dogfight to stay above the playoff line (as would any of the top performers on this list).

[20 Oct 22] .600 LAK (WC7, P3); 1.000 STL (t-WC1, t-C1)

.500 LAK (t-WC6, t-P4)
.429 STL (WC12, C6)
The East is whomping on the West on out-of-conference matchups this year, so while the Kings NHL .500 record puts them in 6th in the Conference, over in the East that'd put them in 13th. Both teams have cooled off (St. Louis performing closer to what I anticipated in my off-season predictions). Seattle, Winnipeg and especially Chicago currently surprise me in holding these two teams down.

Playoff predictions:
5. COL > CGY
7. FLA > COL
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Also, for pr0ner...

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Big news from the last week-and-a-half was the Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitols has passed Gordie Howe for most goals scored in the NHL by one player with one team. (Both players have additional non-NHL-but-still professional hockey careers, Mr. Hockey in the WHA, Russian Machine Never Breaks in the KHL.) The Great Eight is tracking to end up as the NHL's most prolific goal scorer in the years ahead, as he's slightly more than 100 goals behind Gretzky and is still regularly notching 30-40 goals at age 37. Despite his game being pretty physical, he's been amazingly injury-free.

Oh, and Ryan Reynolds is keeping his name in the news as being an interested party in the purchase of the Ottawa Senators. There's no chance he'd be the primary owner (by dollars spent), but he's not shying away from the publicity.

New head coach John Tortorella has the Flyers in the top-half of the Metropolitan division (!!!). Montreal is well out of the Conference basement! Vegas has found their winning ways. Boston's off-ice foibles haven't dimmed their on-ice performance, and they're getting some key players back from off-season injuries. Winnipeg has the highest winning percentage of all Canadian teams! Lots of unexpected things still reflected on the standings page; is it time to start accepting these results really are who these teams are? (BOS and VGK have convinced me.)

Onto the structure of my regular-season pre-season predictions:

[30 Oct 22] Teams currently ousted from last year's group of 16 (by points percentage): TOR, PIT, NYR, TBL, WAS, STL, NAS, MIN, and COL.
► By points percentage current teams that are in which weren't: NJD, PHI, DET, NYI, VGK, WIN, SEA and 1/3rd of CHI (who is in a 3-way-by-points-percentage tie for the final Western Conference playoff spot). Of these teams, the Devils and Knights both look extremely legit, with mealy-mouthed comments of varying levels of commitment regarding the ability of the other teams holding their spots for the duration of the season. Notably, PHI and CHI were in the preseason conversation about teams in the running for finishing in last place in the league with the best chance at having a shot of drafting super-prospect Connor Bedard.

[30 Oct 22]Still the biggest gap between the #3 team (EDM) and the #4 teams (SEA/LAK).
► Things have tightened up to the point where its now the Metropolitan division with the biggest gap between the fourth and fifth seed. Each of last season's Pacific post-season representatives are currently above the cut-off line (though only 1/3rd of Calgary, by points-percentage is in, based on their three-way tie for the final spot), and while I anticipated Vegas and Vancouver to push to join EDM, LAK, and CGY, it turns out that the Kraken are in the second slot (7-2-1 in their last ten), and while Vancouver had the worst-start of any of the teams in the league, they've slowly started passing some teams (well two of the California teams) to get out of the basement. I don't see the Canucks making the playoffs, but stranger things have certainly happened...

[30 Oct 22] .625 NJD (t-EC4, M3); .625 BUF (t-EC4, t-A2); .625 DET (t-EC4, t-A2); .500 OTT (t-EC13, t-A7); .333 CLB (EC16, M8)

.769 NJD (EC2, M1)
.654 DET (t-EC4, A2)
.538 BUF (EC10, A6)
.333 OTT (EC15, A8)
.250 CLB (EC16, M8)
There are three tiers of teams here. The Devils have looked strong (though the big question coming into the season was goaltending, and the answer to that question is now: an injured Mac Black). I would be surprised to see this team drop from the post-season race. The Red Wings and Sabres are both living up to the preseason hype of exceeding last season's less-than-stellar performances. Personally, I think Buffalo is the stronger club thus far this year, but the record doesn't reflect that (unless you look at the one game these two played head-to-head, which was an 8-3 drubbing by Buffalo). BUF is +8 in goal differential, while DET sits at +1. Both teams fun to watch; both sets of fans happy to tune in (though the BUF fans have a different sport capturing some of their attention at the moment—no worries about that in Motown!). OTT started hot and have tailed off. CLB never really had anything going. Both are extreme disappointments so far this season. I think the Sens have some chance at reversing the misery. I can't see where the optimism lays on Columbus ice. Keep watching your grassy sport, I suppose.

[30 Oct 22] .500 LAK (t-WC6, t-P4); .429 STL (WC12, C6)

.567 LAK (WC7, P4)
.273 STL (WC16, C8)
Honestly I expected more from these two squads this year, but while the Kings are on track to keep in the playoff hunt, St. Louis has turned to be lower-than-tire-fire. One win and no loser points in their last nine games. -20 goal differential. This team is going to get blown up. The one thing in their favor is that the three teams immediately ahead of them in the Central division are NSH, ARI, and CHI—none of which look like world beaters. I think this is the reason GM Doug Armstrong is going to try to maneuver his personnel towards a return to being competitive. And this was the team in last place in the league as the calendar turned to 2019, and the team which won the 2019 Stanley Cup. But this team isn't that team (only about 1/3rd of the players remain from that magical season). Still worth watching, but not worth a lot of hope at this point.

Playoff predictions:
5. COL > CGY
7. FLA > COL
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

For some reason, today's milestone video from The Hockey Guy just cracked me up.

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

THG is a guilty pleasure. He's a bit too prolific, and while he "complains" about watchers who just zip to the end of his videos to see his opinions on things, he continues to make videos in a format which supports zipping to the end (or zipping around within) to see what you're interested in, so I sometimes do that. Still, his GB parody videos are always very entertaining—this one exceptionally so.

Major news since my last update: Um... nobody's been fired? Kessel has notched his 1000th consecutive game, which is pretty astounding. There's talk about helmet wearing pre-game, coaching challenges, the Sens sale (Deadpool still in the middle of things!), scary injuries (wear Kevlar wrist guards and ankle socks!), and especially HOF speeches (for an easy smile, seek out the Sedin twins cracking on each other) and a tribute to a pioneering Swede. Not a lot to move the needle for folks with mild hockey interest in November.

Onto my preseason prediction formatted responses...

[10 Nov 22] [C]urrent teams that are in which weren't: NJD, PHI, DET, NYI, VGK, WIN, SEA and 1/3rd of CHI
► By points percentage, here are teams which were in last season which are currently out: WAS, PIT, FLA in the East (currently replaced by NJD, NYI, DET); and MIN, NSH, and 1/2 each of CGY and STL (tied with each other for the last WC position), replaced with WIN, VGK, and SEA. It's mildly interesting compare to how the lists have changed since last week: both the Flyers and the Black Hawks have dropped out of of playoff seeding (two teams which were preseason darlings to finish in the bottom five spots—also two teams that TV executives would *love* to see playing into late April). The Rangers and Lightning have moved up in the standings, as have the Blues. This is the last update before (US) Thanksgiving, and that's the milestone used to separate the pretenders (teams more than 4-points "out") from the contenders (everyone else). That aphorism is roughly 90% accurate in culling chaff from post-season wheat.

[10 Nov 22] Things have tightened up to the point where its now the Metropolitan division with the biggest gap
► SEA in the three seed has gone 7-2-1 in their last ten. EDM in the fourth seed is 5-5-0 in their last ten. The gap has widened. Still by points percentage, both teams make the November 20th playoff field. In the fifth seed is CGY (3-5-2 in their last ten). Seattle is keeping things much more interesting than I'd have expected, and Vancouver really isn't mustering much of a fight (compared to my preseason expectations). Still it's the Central Division as the only grouping with only four teams above "NHL-.500", making the battle for the post-season tightest among those teams.

[10 NOV 22]
► .769 NJD (EC2, M1); .654 DET (t-EC4, A2); .538 BUF (EC10, A6); .333 OTT (EC15, A8); .250 CLB (EC16, M8)
.833 NJD (EC2, M1)
.611 DET (EC6, A4)
.389 BUF (EC14, A7)
.382 OTT (tEC15, A8)
.382 CLB (tEC15, M8)

If something doesn't change, this watch-list can be considered a big fizzle. New Jersey was a popular pick to move up the standings prior to the 2021-22 season (the one that culminated with the Avs winning the Cup and the Devils missing the post-season by a mile), but this is the year that they're making the mark. If it wasn't for Boston's equally-unexpected strong start to the season (with significant losses of high-in-the-roster players due to injury), the Devils would be running away with things in the East. Combined, these two teams are 19-1-0 in their last ten games (Boston with a loss to Toronto along the way). Unbelievable results in both cities occurring at the same time. Detroit is clearly a pretender for the post-season, but most prognosticators had them as a "should be in the playoff hunt, but miss in the end" squad, and that's exactly where they are. Below them in the Atlantic standings are WAS, PIT, and FLA—any of which could make a legit run at any time (well maybe the Caps could use a roster health infusion ahead of turning around their winning ways). The Sabres, Senators, and Blue Jackets are the bottom three teams in the conference, with little in the way of expectations at this point. (I still like the Ottawa and Buffalo rosters in terms of who they are written down on a napkin, but they can't skate very fast playing games on napkins.)

[10 Nov 22] .567 LAK (WC7, P4); .273 STL (WC16, C8)
►.571 LAK (WC6, P3)
.529 STL (WC8, C4)
That's a pretty big jump for the Blues between updates. They had their mothers along for a roadtrip, which coincided with the team rattling off some wins. Looks like they were having a good time. And it show just how tight things are in the West that St. Louis jumped from 16th in the conference to 8th in the span of 10 days. Wonder if that team has ever bounced back off the bottom so quickly in the past? The Kings are playing tough hockey in California (apparently a difficult thing to do, based on the standings), and are probably the best West Coast team, with Seattle the only other squad giving them a run for their money. (The Kraken are another team playing in 2022-23 living up to their pre-2021-22 hype.)

Playoff predictions:
5. COL > CGY
7. FLA > COL

I'll probably be back in another 10 days, but with family in town and the holiday, I don't think I'll pay as close attention to the league as I have been so far this season...
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

FIFA crossover: nice to see that offsides review is a downer regardless of the sport.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

In terms of sports reviews...

My opinion has changed. We grew up in a world where the technology wasn't there to officiate anything but live and in person. Heck, "instant replays" were a newfangled television development to enhance the viewer experience. As these developments made their way into officiating, I initially was on the side of "just get it right," with officiating replays only really used (at least initially) for black-and-white calls. As things went on, certain judgement calls (whether or not they are acknowledged as such, I'm specifically thinking of goaltender interference) bled into what gets judged offline. The 1999 Cup Finals (...Isgrimnur has entered the chat...) really were the seminal moment for me to realize what was lost by sticking by the "just get it right" ethos. The older I get, the less I need a black-and-white world (which is a pretty common development, philosophically, and not just in sports...). Now my first thought when I watch what may be a controversial goal is whether or not it's going to stand the inevitable review. How exuberant can I cheer depends on how I think the post-goal discussion is going to go.

I think if we're going to use technology to assist referees, then it should be in place for those black-and-white calls (out-of-bounds, players in ahead of a potential off-side, etc.) and that the rules should be written such that the technology assist occurs in real time (chips in pucks, rewrite the off-side rule to look at sticks or skate blades, or something which could be chipped or painted for a vision system to determine, put an accelerometer on the netting behind the goaltender to detect being touched by a puck, etc.). Judgement calls occur in real-time only. Missed calls are missed calls and sports talk discussions about "blown calls" get a lot more heated. But a goal is a goal. A touchdown is a touchdown (at least if there isn't a flag within the first two seconds). A strike is a strike. But pass interference or hooking? Either you hear a whistle, or the play stands.

Simplify the rule book, use technology where its obvious, and bitch at the refs just like we always have (and always will). Game on.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Meal wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:29 pm I'm specifically thinking of goaltender interference) bled into what gets judged offline. The 1999 Cup Finals (...Isgrimnur has entered the chat...) really were the seminal moment for me to realize what was lost by sticking by the "just get it right" ethos.
Much like Brett Hull's skate.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Just a quickie update for the end of November...

[20 Nov 22] By points percentage, here are teams which were in last season which are currently out: WAS, PIT, FLA in the East (currently replaced by NJD, NYI, DET); and MIN, NSH, and 1/2 each of CGY and STL (tied with each other for the last WC position), replaced with WIN, VGK, and SEA.
► NYR, FLA, WAS still out of the playoff picture in the East. MIN, NSH, STL out in the West. I sure expect we're going to see some exciting races this spring.

[20 Nov 22] The gap has widened.
► We finally see some tightening of this race! Alberta teams make up the #4 and #5 spots, and VAN is playing respectably. SEA remains the story here.

[20 NOV 22] .833 NJD (EC2, M1), .611 DET (EC6, A4), .389 BUF (EC14, A7), .382 OTT (tEC15, A8), .382 CLB (tEC15, M8)

.826 NJD (EC2, M1) 9-1-0 (last 10)
.619 DET (EC7, A3) 5-3-2
.432 BUF (EC14, A7) 2-7-1
.405 OTT (EC15, A8) 4-5-1
.381 CLB (EC16, M8) 4-4-2

[20 Nov 22] .571 LAK (WC6, P3), .529 STL (WC8, C4)

.560 LAK (WC6, P3) 4-3-3
.500 STL (WC11, C6) 7-3-0

Playoff predictions:
5. COL > CGY
7. FLA > COL
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Fun thread on the myriad ways the new board ads suck.

(many more tweets here)

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Those ads were a terrible idea.
Hodor.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I've gotten pretty good at tuning them out but it's still very annoying and distracting. Also, I've noticed since the beginning of the season that my eyes would routinely have trouble focusing on the game action, it felt blurry even when it wasn't. This might explain it at least partially.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Sorry I wasn’t available for my 20121210 update.

Onto my preseason predictions format…

1. Not same 16 playoff teams
Two swaps in the EC (Eastern Conference) and three in the WC. NJD (EC#2-t) and NYI (EC#8) in, FLA (EC#11) and WSH (EC#9) out. VGK (WC#2), WPG (WC#3), SEA (WC#4) in; NSH (WC#11), STL (WC#10), CGY (WC#9) out. What’s interesting is that of the seeds which would host a first round series, half are teams which weren’t in last year’s playoffs.

2. (Playoffs) EC field over CAR, NYR
TBD, but both of these teams are playing very well of late (17-1-2 in their last ten, combined).

3. Tight Pacific race
Top four teams are in the playoffs, but division seed #5 is just on the outside looking in. It is an exciting race, even if it’s not quite the order I would’ve expected (+SEA, -VAN).

4. EC bubble teams
Currently there are two Metro WC (wild card) teams: PIT, NYI. The first team out, looking for a WC spot is also a Metro team (WSH). Of the preseason apparent bubble teams, NJD is the dominating front runner. BUF, DET, and OTT are in the mix, but I wouldn’t be surprised in none of them make it (I like BUF>OTT>DET in that order). CLB is at the back of the pack.

5. (Playoffs) COL>CGY
These teams are within two points of each other in the standings.

6. WC bubble teams
COL, EDM, CGY, STL are seeds 7-10. LAK are the #2 seed in the Pacific division, while STL is showing improvement as the season progresses.

7. (Finals) FLA>COL
It’s distinctly possible FLA misses the post season, and the Avs have been fighting the injury bug all season. Struggling to compete with a lesser roster gives the team a reason to fight down the slog of the regular season, and provides battle-hardened depth for a playoff run.
telcta

Post by telcta »

No TNT on my cable package, need to find a place to watch the game.

Flying a drone looks really fun…

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Spoiler:
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

End of an era.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Lazerus has a good piece up on The Athletic on Kane's legacy in Chicago.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:56 am Lazerus has a good piece up on The Athletic on Kane's legacy in Chicago.
Can I have your login info so I can read it?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

stimpy wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:09 am
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:56 am Lazerus has a good piece up on The Athletic on Kane's legacy in Chicago.
Can I have your login info so I can read it?
You may not, but here's a guest pass which I believe gives you 30 days of access. I think their NHL coverage is actually very good.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

LA Kings trade Jonathan Quick to Columbus. End of another era. Also, rumor is that Quick is NOT happy with the trade but chances are Columbus is just going to flip him to a Cup-contending team anyway.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

gilraen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:42 pm LA Kings trade Jonathan Quick to Columbus. End of another era. Also, rumor is that Quick is NOT happy with the trade but chances are Columbus is just going to flip him to a Cup-contending team anyway.
Yeah, I really hope they flip him. He did not have an NMC, but even so, that seems like a bad way to treat one of your franchise's greats.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:48 pm
gilraen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:42 pm LA Kings trade Jonathan Quick to Columbus. End of another era. Also, rumor is that Quick is NOT happy with the trade but chances are Columbus is just going to flip him to a Cup-contending team anyway.
Yeah, I really hope they flip him. He did not have an NMC, but even so, that seems like a bad way to treat one of your franchise's greats.
...and off he goes to Vegas.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Stars score 10 in win against Sabres

On the bright side, that doesn't put him in the top 200
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

What's up with the Sabres at home? :(
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I heard on the news this morning that Patrick Kane scored his first goal for some insignificant team...
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:21 am
I watched that live. Binnington is something else. Really wanted Min to lose for the sake of my Avs, but seeing goal after goal pinned on Binnington was great.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »