[movie] Ant-Man: Quantumania

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

naednek

Re: [movie] Ant-Man: Quantumania

Post by naednek »

Watched this today on D+ It was good, but certainly not as good as the first 2. While there was some humor, it kinda felt flat.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That was my take. It’s not horrible, but it does feel like the same formula but with a new label. I think I dozed off a couple of times. A problem I’ve had with the last half dozen or so MCU/DC movies.*

*with the exception of the latest Guardians of the Galaxy entry. That one felt fresh and interesting…even with the same crew.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:40 pm FWIW, Majors' attorney expects the charges to be dropped.
Majors’ attorney told CNN Sunday there are “two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations,” adding that they are presenting evidence to the DA including “video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode,”

Attorney Priya Chaudhry expects the charges to be dropped.
Guilty on 2 counts...
A jury found actor Jonathan Majors guilty on two of four counts in the New York criminal case stemming from a domestic dispute with his former girlfriend.

Majors was convicted on Monday of one count of reckless assault in the 3rd degree and a non-criminal charge of harassment as a violation.

He was acquitted on of another assault charge and one count of aggravated harassment.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

There was an audio tape released of one of his calls to his ex a few weeks ago. It wasn't a good look.
The text messages are from September 2022 and discuss a prior incident between Majors and Jabbari when they were a couple. Majors appears to dissuade Jabbari from going to the hospital after she suffered an injury to her head.

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors wrote. “They will ask you questions and as I don’t think you actually protect us it could lead to an investigation even if you do lie and they suspect something.”

Jabbari responded, “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head, if I go, I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and need some stronger painkillers. That’s all. Why would I want to tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you.”

Part of Jabbari’s next message was redacted, but she wrote, “I will not go to the doctor if you don’t feel safe with me doing so. I promise I would never mention you but I understand your fear.” During her testimony last week, Jabbari said that Majors had previously warned her about trusting the police because of “what they would do to him as a Black man.”
Before that came out, I was of a mind that he might be innocent. Now? Not so much.

In any case, I'm pretty tired of the Kang character anyway. They need to concentrate on a new big bad. One who knows how to use adhesives and loves a purple beret.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:26 pm There was an audio tape released of one of his calls to his ex a few weeks ago. It wasn't a good look.
The text messages are from September 2022 and discuss a prior incident between Majors and Jabbari when they were a couple. Majors appears to dissuade Jabbari from going to the hospital after she suffered an injury to her head.

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors wrote. “They will ask you questions and as I don’t think you actually protect us it could lead to an investigation even if you do lie and they suspect something.”

Jabbari responded, “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head, if I go, I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and need some stronger painkillers. That’s all. Why would I want to tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you.”

Part of Jabbari’s next message was redacted, but she wrote, “I will not go to the doctor if you don’t feel safe with me doing so. I promise I would never mention you but I understand your fear.” During her testimony last week, Jabbari said that Majors had previously warned her about trusting the police because of “what they would do to him as a Black man.”
Before that came out, I was of a mind that he might be innocent. Now? Not so much.

In any case, I'm pretty tired of the Kang character anyway. They need to concentrate on a new big bad. One who knows how to use adhesives and loves a purple beret.
Yeah, I'm on the same page. I'd seen some vaguely favorable things for him, but these texts...really hard to square with him being innocent (and the jury appears to have agreed).
Black Lives Matter.