Social Media Political Lens

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: Social Media Political Lens

Post by malchior »

Also, the absolute free speech got caught hiding an account he doesn't like.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Lil’ context for those of us not following the soap opera to know all the players?

Who is elonjet?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 pm Lil’ context for those of us not following the soap opera to know all the players?

Who is elonjet?
It’s the account that tracks Musk’s private jet.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:15 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 pm Lil’ context for those of us not following the soap opera to know all the players?

Who is elonjet?
I’m almost scared to ask: you serious?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:18 pm

Who is elonjet?
Yes, that's exactly what it is
Hodor.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Can't wait to see who plays the sexy, flirty nurse who is TOTALLY NOT pregnant with Elon's baby, and the sweet on the surface, but heart of a Grinch mother in law who's plotting his downfall bc of the secrets he knows about her past. :pop: :pop:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Who is elonjet?
Can see for yourself, the account is still up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElonJet
Last edited by Skinypupy on Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Who is elonjet?
It's not something like "Elon's jet's Twitter account."

It's a guy who keeps track of the jet's flights (since non-military flight records are public domain) and, essentially, which oligarchs he visits.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Oh good, I was about to make that clarification.

Yeah, it’s a tattletale account that Elon would like to go away.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Any proof the screenshot is real?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Alefroth wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:29 pm Any proof the screenshot is real?
Not 3rd party verification/proof but no one seems to be denying it either.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

So has the account revealed anything nefarious?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:18 pm So has the account revealed anything nefarious?
I don't know. But its treatment suggests that Musk's free-speech absolutism ends where criticizing Musk begins.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Indeed. It isn't nefarious. Elon has always criticized the account. He has tried buying the guy off with tiny sums of money Sweeney once claimed Elon offered him $5K to stop tracking his plane. The way I'd characterize it is hypocrisy. He is currently bitching about the leftists who suppressed free speech and here he is doing it for his own purposes.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Also CNBC is reporting it talking TESLA CyberTruck in 2023 and trying to take F150 marketshare. I wonder how much of Douche Musk is an attempt to appeal to truck buyers. I also wonder how much Douche Musk is hurting sedan purchases. At least in the non stop Musk talk in business news, with everyone non stop saying buy TESLA!, they are noting how badly he was boo'd at Dave Chapelle every time they bring up his name.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:41 pm Also CNBC is reporting it talking TESLA CyberTruck in 2023 and trying to take F150 marketshare. I wonder how much of Douche Musk is an attempt to appeal to truck buyers. I also wonder how much Douche Musk is hurting sedan purchases. At least in the non stop Musk talk in business news, with everyone non stop saying buy TESLA!, they are noting how badly he was boo'd at Dave Chapelle every time they bring up his name.
No matter how much of an asshole Musk is, I can't imagine an F150 coal roller buying a Cybertruck. I do know a number of EV buyers saying that they will not buy a Tesla sedan. I know I made the decision to buy the Mach-E in part because I didn't want to support Musk. One of my extended family that has bought an S and a 3 has said that they will be looking at the Volvo instead.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

gbasden wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:15 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:41 pm Also CNBC is reporting it talking TESLA CyberTruck in 2023 and trying to take F150 marketshare. I wonder how much of Douche Musk is an attempt to appeal to truck buyers. I also wonder how much Douche Musk is hurting sedan purchases. At least in the non stop Musk talk in business news, with everyone non stop saying buy TESLA!, they are noting how badly he was boo'd at Dave Chapelle every time they bring up his name.
No matter how much of an asshole Musk is, I can't imagine an F150 coal roller buying a Cybertruck. I do know a number of EV buyers saying that they will not buy a Tesla sedan. I know I made the decision to buy the Mach-E in part because I didn't want to support Musk. One of my extended family that has bought an S and a 3 has said that they will be looking at the Volvo instead.
I saw a report somewhere that positive views of Tesla are shifting based on political views. R opinion of Tesla is up, but still not anything you'd call high. I don't remember exact numbers but it was like from 10% to 18% or similar, with a similar drop in D perspective.

exact numbers:

https://electrek.co/2022/12/12/tesla-be ... nd-survey/
Tesla’s net favorability among self-described Democrats in the U.S. fell to an average of 10.4% this month through Nov. 27, down from an average of 24.8% in October, according to Morning Consult. It rose to 26.5% from 20% among self-described Republicans during the same period.
25 -> 10 on the D side is a bunch and sounds reasonable, based on my personal Tesla driving Democratic perspective.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Thank goodness they are used to mental gymnastics, because when they all figure out that Elon is on their team...on one hand, an icon of the hated right-wing bogeyman, THE GREEN REVOLUTION. On the other, a mouthy, narcissistic leader type to tell them what to think or to make them feel like they can continue to own their assholishness? Tough!!! :tjg:

Elon could be Trump 2.0, and that likely has them soiling their pants in excitement.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I think it's funny that my dad, who constantly bitches about gas prices, also mocks and despises electric vehicles. I just don't get people anymore.
Holman

Post by Holman »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:43 pm I think it's funny that my dad, who constantly bitches about gas prices, also mocks and despises electric vehicles. I just don't get people anymore.
The point is that America was better before the hippies.

Seriously. That's the entirety of the GOP argument.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, to be clear: old gas-guzzling vehicles were not the problem... the price of gas was the only single problem and the only one worth tackling.

Pollution is a fucking headache and a problem for your grandchildren's grandchildren and to that point, they will be fine because they will have vehicles that defy gravity, so chill.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:49 pm
Pollution is a fucking headache and a problem for your grandchildren's grandchildren and to that point, they will be fine because they will have vehicles that defy gravity, so chill.
We won't have to wait that long.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Holman wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:52 pm
YellowKing wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:43 pm I think it's funny that my dad, who constantly bitches about gas prices, also mocks and despises electric vehicles. I just don't get people anymore.
The point is that America was better before the hippies.

Seriously. That's the entirety of the GOP argument.
I would add the Civil Rights Act as well.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:18 pm So has the account revealed anything nefarious?
Just things like the fact that the EV evangelist takes 6 mile flights. A Tesla would have taken 10 minutes.

It's still public information, the Twitter account just aggregates and simplifies.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:12 am
Just things like the fact that the EV evangelist takes 6 mile flights. A Tesla would have taken 10 minutes.

It's still public information, the Twitter account just aggregates and simplifies.
So the answer is “no”? :P
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:14 am

No, nothing nefarious. Or really a security threat. Just stuff bad for Musk's public image.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:56 am
Oh I know it, I'm just saying what "people" like to imagine.... that it's a far-off problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:14 am

No, nothing nefarious. Or really a security threat. Just stuff bad for Musk's public image.
Bad enough for Musk's public image that the account was officially suspended today.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Free Speech absolutism at its finest. I did Nah Tsea that coming.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/14/twitter ... -jet-.html
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 am Bad enough for Musk's public image that the account was officially suspended today.
lol - has there been a reason given?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:42 am
pr0ner wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 am Bad enough for Musk's public image that the account was officially suspended today.
lol - has there been a reason given?
Musk did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Thanks, :oops: I went and looked it up and was going to come back and answer my own question.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Apparently, an identical account tracking Jeff Bezos' jet is still up.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:05 am
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:56 am
Oh I know it, I'm just saying what "people" like to imagine.... that it's a far-off problem.
Ah, sorry. I misinterpreted it.

Our grandchildren's grandchildren will either have had their grandparents and great grandparents solve the problem back in olden times, or they'll be the kids from Beyond Thunderdome.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

There was a $500M block trade of TSLA yesterday at an 8.2% discount from the open. Not 100% but a good chance that was Musk getting out some capital.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

At the trade price of $160.53 vs current tof $156.92, was a savings of $11.2M. But a loss of over $40M vs 2 days ago.

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:28 pm There was a $500M block trade of TSLA yesterday at an 8.2% discount from the open. Not 100% but a good chance that was Musk getting out some capital.
I doubt any of his "partners" are eager to pour more cash at this point. The damage they wanted is done.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:28 pm There was a $500M block trade of TSLA yesterday at an 8.2% discount from the open. Not 100% but a good chance that was Musk getting out some capital.
Maybe he needs the money to pay Twitter's physical office space rent that he's refused to pay for weeks.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:54 am Apparently, an identical account tracking Jeff Bezos' jet is still up.
Not anymore. Twitter suspended Jack Sweeney's personal account, along with all of his other plane tracking accounts.
Sweeney shared a message from Twitter on Wednesday that said his personal account had been suspended for violating its rules against “platform manipulation and spam” because it had used Twitter to “artificially amplify or suppress information or engage in behavior that manipulates or disrupts people’s experience on Twitter.” It also said any of his attempts to create a new account would be suspended as well.
There are also additional details in the story about Twitter abruptly shutting down one of their two main office buildings that ties in to them not paying rent in recent weeks.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

From Marketwatch, I can't link
Some of the recent controversies swirling around Musk's ownership of social-media company include a report in the New York Times that Musk allegedly is looking to cut costs by stopping rent payments on the Twitter's offices, stopping payments to vendors, and considering not paying severance to former Twitter employees.
DJMusk indeed.

Also CNBC went from 24 hours adoring him to a nonstop barrage of critical reports in the last week. They still don't stop talking about him but now there is no more fawning.