Trump 2024

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Daehawk »

I still dont think he has a lot of money. At least not what he pretends to have. Its all a sham. I bet if I won one of those huge lotteries Id have more than him. He is the greediest fuck that ever grifted. Never enough for him.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This wins. 😂 😂

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

How can his base not be completely disappointed?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

My OO Wishmas recipients are going to be SO happy this year!!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm How can his base not be completely disappointed?
I’m sure they are. But when you’ve built your entire identity around this man, it’s really difficult to admit you’ve been duped.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

BTW this is exactly why he is a TERRIBLE BUSINESSMAN. Any reasonable business leader would read the room and realize this is the wrong time to launch an NFT trading card. It's what...maybe a year too late for this "product".
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:51 pm BTW this is exactly why he is a TERRIBLE BUSINESSMAN. Any reasonable business leader would read the room and realize this is the wrong time to launch an NFT trading card. It's what...maybe a year too late for this "product".
Not for his base.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Also, when can we expect the inevitable lawsuits claiming that he ripped off existing art and only changed the head? Would certainly be in character...

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump would try to sell bell bottoms in 1980. There would be a small but vocal group of hippies that would buy them.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

TheMix wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:56 pm Also, when can we expect the inevitable lawsuits claiming that he ripped off existing art and only changed the head? Would certainly be in character...
Seems like he's only tangentially related to how they were made.
  • Is any of the money from this collection going to the Donald J. Trump Campaign for President?

NO. These Digital Trading Cards are not political and have nothing to do with any political campaign. NFT INT LLC is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Digital LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates. NFT INT LLC uses Donald J. Trump's name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Digital LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Unagi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm Can someone explain NFTs to me? Like just a low-level explanation - like for the brain dead...

My questions are basically:
1) how is it truly limited, I mean - how is it enforced? It's (encrypted) digital art, and I assume the ability to take a screenshot or simply 'make a copy' of it would be easily done?
2) how is this art delivered, viewed, and shared/admired by the person that owns it... Do they just look at it on their computer screen? Do they get a print made of it? And then if they wanted to give it to someone else, is that a thing?

They are digital images stored and hosted on a web server somewhere. like http trumpofficialNFTpictures/image001

To "Own" an NFT means you have a 'token' which is a digital certificate of ownership. It lives in your digital wallet. It specifies the exact URL of the image, and also that you specifically are the owner.

Because these ownership certificates are built using blockchain, you cannot just copy the certificate like any other file. You can however, sell or move the certificate (token) into somebody elses wallet, thus transferring ownership.

There is also a way, if you want, to have your original URL image moved to a different NFT hosting site, there are a number of competing sites. That update also gets recorded into the certificate.

---

Can somebody view the URL and take a screen shot? yes, yes they can.

Can this exact image also be owned by somebody else? If it has a different URL then yes, yes it can.
Wait what? who is enforcing this? Nobody, there is no enforcement, you have to take the sellers word that there are no other copies of the exact same image being sold under different URL's.

Can you print it out and hang it or whatever? Sure, go nuts

Wait, wait, so how are these things worth money? They generally cost a small amount to produce, so you find somebody who will pay you large amounts to own one. After that, the current owner only makes money if they find a new owner willing to pay even more.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
naednek

Post by naednek »

This would have been a better version

Enlarge Image
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:35 pm I'm still betting on him being done. This isn't helping his case against that. :P
I still think it's way too early to count him out, especially when DeSantis hasn't even committed to run yet.

That said, the extent to which this is a descent into self-parody doesn't help. The only thing I can say is that the pure ridiculousness of this could make it a decent vehicle to demonstrate dominance - like what if he can get Kevin McCarthy to promote this crap?
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That Youtube video feels like it should be running at 3AM on cable TV. Amazing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:26 pm This would have been a better version

Enlarge Image
There's a Zoolander joke here, but I can't find it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:44 pm
naednek wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:26 pm snip
There's a Zoolander joke here, but I can't find it.
Because super-Trump ate it? :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Thank you Jaymon, that was helpful!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

He's a few years too late to invent Garbage Pail Kids.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:43 pm That Youtube video feels like it should be running at 3AM on cable TV. Amazing.
The fundamental reason why it's not is that Trump was born with immense wealth.
Black Lives Matter.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

MAGA world is not impressed:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I thought the person responsible was fired a couple of years ago. (or at least, lost reelection).
Holman

Post by Holman »

"The person responsible" is Trump. Some shady NFT outfit approached him and offered a fat check if he would lend his likeness and cut a community-access cable ad for the product.

I wouldn't expect him to understand that investing in NFTs is like collecting Beanie Babies, but the real mystery is why he is allowing someone else to skim profits from his most devoted followers. That's not the Donald Trump we've come to know.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:57 pm I wouldn't expect him to understand that investing in NFTs is like collecting Beanie Babies, but the real mystery is why he is allowing someone else to skim profits from his most devoted followers. That's not the Donald Trump we've come to know.
Zero (or near zero overhead). Unlike steaks or his fraudulent college, there's no way someone can complain about a physical "good" or service. I'm guessing it's going to be extra easy to launder money as well. Whatever the company that's running this will skim is worth it for the cover it's going to provide him.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm This wins. 😂 😂

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jesus H Fat Ass, I never even once entertained the thought this was just a grift. Coming on the heels of his announcement a few weeks ago, I was absolutely sure this was going to be a political announcement. I will never again underestimate Trump’s utter lack of morals, decorum or even dignity. :shock:
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

All it needs is an L instead of a T.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I’m a bit surprised considering that he’s always seemed to be pretty tuned in to his base.

The last thing I would associate with the MAGA faithful is an NFT. So weird.

Would love to see someone do live interviews of say 20 random MAGAts and ask them what NFT’s are and how they work.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:46 pm The last thing I would associate with the MAGA faithful is an NFT. So weird.
If they don't understand what they're buying, so much the better.
Zarathud

Trump 2024

Post by Zarathud »

NFTs are such liberal hippie bullshit. Not on Trump brand at all.

Gold commemorative Trump coins? MAGA would buy that easy! Trump should have sold MAGA TruckNutz instead.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:04 pm NFTs are such liberal hippie bullshit. Not on Trump brand at all.

Gold commemorative Trump coins? MAGA would buy that easy! Trump should have sold MAGA TruckNutz instead.
Did you think that these things didn't exist already?
Black Lives Matter.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

From Heather Cox Richardson's newsletter today:
Yesterday, former president Trump took to his Truth Social media platform to announce that he would be making “a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT” today. Since he recently threw his hat in the ring for president in 2024, there was a great deal of speculation about what political move this would be.

When it came today, it turned out that his announcement was for digital trading cards with images of him as a superhero…available for $99 apiece. Radio personality John Melendez promptly called them “Broke’mon cards.”

Ron Filipkowski, a former federal prosecutor and Republican who now monitors right-wing extremism, tweeted: “All I can say is that those of us who have lost friends, fought with relatives, resigned positions, been called traitor, left our party, all because we saw very clearly what a con-man, huckster and fraud this man is, have never felt more vindicated.”

The reduction of the former president to a cartoon grifter seems likely to have political repercussions. Right-wing media personality Baked Alaska, who is facing six months in jail after pleading guilty to parading, demonstrating or picketing inside a Capitol building for his participation in the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, tweeted: “i can’t believe i’m going to jail for an nft salesman,” with a sad face emoji.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

El Guapo wrote:
Zarathud wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:04 pm NFTs are such liberal hippie bullshit. Not on Trump brand at all.

Yes, I didn’t think that garbage existed. Maybe he’s run out of Con?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:29 pm
El Guapo wrote:

I mean, the far right has been latched onto gold for a long time as part of a mixed survivalist notion (paper currency could become worthless once Antifa sacks America / the rapture happens / etc.!) as well as to support the right-wing grift industry, so obviously there are Trump gold coins.

Of course, I imagine that whoever pitched this to Trump was saying that the digital part of this will make it easy to cut out imitators (gotta be a ton of people hawking unlicensed Trump merch of all types).
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:29 pm
El Guapo wrote:

I'm pretty sure a site selling "Merkin Made" isn't officially licensed by the blond bumbler.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 pm

The trucknutz are disturbing, to say the least. :shock:
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And of course they went with cheap photoshops of stolen assets instead of hiring an artist.

Trump’s Badly Photoshopped NFTs Appear to Use Photos From Small Clothing Brands
Over the last 24 hours, fans of ex-President Donald Trump have sat huddled in their chairs, waiting with bated breath for a supposed announcement the once tweeter-in-chief promised would blow their socks off. He posted a video to his Truth Social page showing an image of him in a kind of superhero garb, sporting pecs he most certainly does not have, as laser beams shoot from his eyes. What could this mean? What apocalypse was coming?

On Thursday the grand surprise was finally revealed and it was nothing but another horrific NFT project that, in Trump’s words, featured “amazing ART of my Life & Career!” These “digital trading cards” are indeed just another cash grab NFT project, but the low quality images and the company in charge of the project are a more complicated enigma.
The images were so lazy that based on reverse image searches they were edited photos scraped off the internet. It’s unclear if they were edited by hand or perhaps crafted using AI image generation, though the one image of Trump in hunter garb bears a very distinct resemblance to waders crafted by Banded, a hunting apparel company.

Trump’s cowboy outfit appears to match a leather duster imported to shops like Scully Sportswear, a California-based costume and western garb shop.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They're also selling the prize aspect. Every NFT purchase gets a sweepstakes entry for things like a round of golf with Trump or dinner at Marlago.

Reading the fine print, value of all prizes is under $55K. But some of the faithful will see these are $99 lottery tickets and a chance to hang out with God's Chosen One.

It's clearly a money grab. Really off the mark though, since NFTs are yesterday's news. However, unlike gold or hats or whatever else, NFTs have almost zero cost and you don't have to worry about getting caught buying from China or dubious assays or spot price of metals.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:59 am And of course they went with cheap photoshops of stolen assets instead of hiring an artist.

Trump’s Badly Photoshopped NFTs Appear to Use Photos From Small Clothing Brands
Over the last 24 hours, fans of ex-President Donald Trump have sat huddled in their chairs, waiting with bated breath for a supposed announcement the once tweeter-in-chief promised would blow their socks off. He posted a video to his Truth Social page showing an image of him in a kind of superhero garb, sporting pecs he most certainly does not have, as laser beams shoot from his eyes. What could this mean? What apocalypse was coming?

On Thursday the grand surprise was finally revealed and it was nothing but another horrific NFT project that, in Trump’s words, featured “amazing ART of my Life & Career!” These “digital trading cards” are indeed just another cash grab NFT project, but the low quality images and the company in charge of the project are a more complicated enigma.
The images were so lazy that based on reverse image searches they were edited photos scraped off the internet. It’s unclear if they were edited by hand or perhaps crafted using AI image generation, though the one image of Trump in hunter garb bears a very distinct resemblance to waders crafted by Banded, a hunting apparel company.

Trump’s cowboy outfit appears to match a leather duster imported to shops like Scully Sportswear, a California-based costume and western garb shop.
Called it. I'd like to say "unbelievable". But... so, so believable.

Black Lives Matter

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The laziness is the one thing that makes the NFTs authentically Trump.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch