Trump 2024

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Unagi »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:18 am It’s not just transgender children. It’s against women, people of colour, interracial marriage, voting rights, etc
Yeah, I have regrets about making my example so personal - as I think it all applies to other subjects (as you point out above) that have basically no immediate effect on my family right now. (women of reproductive age, people of color, interracial marriage, voting rights/gerrymandering).
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:49 pm I think it's also very presumptive to assume that you know how each person is impacted based purely on their online presence.
I'm not trying to be snarky here, but it's also pretty presumptive to assume that I'm making assumptions about how each person is impacted.

I'm open to feedback from anyone impacted, and I'm also open to people not being open about it. But, in any case, I can't help but share how I'm impacted. Can't you understand that?
Please don't reply with something like "I never said I don't understand that" - I find that seriously frustrating.

But whatever - feel free to ignore what I feel is frustrating and be who you need to be, because - honestly - I'm fine with people expressing themselves - if they are willing to actually listen to me too.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

unagi wrote:And I'm upset with myself if I've upset you.
Not at all, Unagi. I rarely ever get upset with individuals on this board, as I consider everyone friends. I sort of get upset in the abstract. Then I'll move over to the Baldur's Gate 3 thread and joyfully talk about character creation with the same people I may have been debating furiously with in R&P a moment before. So what I'm saying is it's all good. :D

I also appreciate you sharing your personal experience and how it impacts you.
Dramatist

Trump 2024

Post by Dramatist »

I live in a small town in Texas that voted for Trump at about a 75% clip in 2020. That said there’s not a lot of outward MAGA. There were plenty of houses with Trump signs and even some flags the last election but there’s only one house that I know of that still flies a Trump flag and it’s been updated to the 2024 flag.

Most people don’t pay much attention to politics most of the time.

But so many of these people have heard all their lives that the democrats are more corrupt and worse for the country than the republicans. And they absolutely believe that. I don’t know how you change those feelings on a big scale but I’m sure that shunning them or telling them that they are completely wrong and bad because of their wrongness won’t change their minds.

Hell, twenty years ago I mostly voted republican. It took awhile for me to pay enough attention to understand that my choices had any effect on my world and the world at large. It’s a slow process to change from what you always used to do. But I think you can slowly change some minds if you don’t burn down bridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't really have anything constructive to add to this conversation; so much has been covered already. However, this did come across my feed this morning via the hellsite that was once Twitter. I'm pretty sure it's on topic, so I share.

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is a bad voter, maybe even a bad person:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Does she also hire babysitters based on who has appeared on To Catch a Predator?
He won. Period.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Sweet rationalisation there? I suppose if he shot someone on fifth Avenue they’d be some excuse as well?

By this logic Nazis make the best defenders of human rights?

"As long as you're paying your taxes and being a moderately responsible citizen, there's really no reason to be an adult." Conan O Brien
Last edited by waitingtoconnect on Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

A lot of these people know how to perform for the cameras as a way to own the libs. But this doesn't change that she'll vote for Trump.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Unagi wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:26 am
waitingtoconnect wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:18 am It’s not just transgender children. It’s against women, people of colour, interracial marriage, voting rights, etc
Yeah, I have regrets about making my example so personal - as I think it all applies to other subjects (as you point out above) that have basically no immediate effect on my family right now. (women of reproductive age, people of color, interracial marriage, voting rights/gerrymandering).
Don’t have regrets. We need to tell the stories of how this hurts us.

I know how distressing it must be when your child is judged based solely on who they are and their freedom to choose their path is debased by these lunatics. It’s hard enough as it is.

There are many victims of this conspiracy to steal our democracy. The Nazis proved that while we remain divided bad actors can take our freedoms away and pick us off one at a time.

We need to unite and stop it.