Trump 2024

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Grifman wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:13 am
hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:51 pm Trump is gonna announce Lake is his VP pick. I’m calling it now.
I think he is worried about being relevant and is seeking to keep the spotlight on himself
This, especially with the recent headlines. The problem with grabbing that spotlight is you better have a song or dance ready when it hits you.

Hilarious if he re-announces he’s running for President or some similarly sad, nothing bs.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Grifman wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:13 am
hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:51 pm Trump is gonna announce Lake is his VP pick. I’m calling it now.
I think he is worried about being relevant and is seeking to keep the spotlight on himself
This, especially with the recent headlines. The problem with grabbing that spotlight is you better have a song or dance ready when it hits you.

Hilarious if he re-announces he’s running for President or some similarly sad, nothing bs.
Saw some of the headlines today that DeSantis was leading Trump in polls.

Of course, these are the stupid polls before the attack campaigns start, and essentially worthless. Especially with regards to Trump. Bush was far ahead of him in everything at this point in time in 2014....

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

You do know that Speaker of the House is next in line after the Vice President. If you can't get elected...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

How would he announce that he's speaker of the house? That seems idiotic as he then still needs everyone to vote for him. I think it will be something much dumber.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
malchior

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:59 am How would he announce that he's speaker of the house? That seems idiotic as he then still needs everyone to vote for him. I think it will be something much dumber.
I wonder if it's a hybrid. He is going to back someone - perhaps Biggs but likely McCarthy - for Speaker in an effort to show the GOP he still has power. There has been a lot of talk about a group of far-right GOP members who won't go for McCarthy. Maybe Trump finally broke through and is going to take credit. A shot in the dark but dumb is also a real possibility.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:01 am
Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:59 am How would he announce that he's speaker of the house? That seems idiotic as he then still needs everyone to vote for him. I think it will be something much dumber.
I wonder if it's a hybrid. He is going to back someone - perhaps Biggs but likely McCarthy - for Speaker in an effort to show the GOP he still has power. There has been a lot of talk about a group of far-right GOP members who won't go for McCarthy. Maybe Trump finally broke through and is going to take credit. A shot in the dark but dumb is also a real possibility.
That’s actually an interesting guess. I doubt that Trump wants to actually do the work of the Speaker, but being kingmaker certainly appeals to him. It would show he still has clout. But if he fails, it’s another nail in the coffin.
Last edited by Grifman on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well the speculation was that he wanted to put his name in the hat for the position, not that he would claim the title outright.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Seems crazy risky. I like the angle of him trying to pitch to Mccarthy, but him giving an endorsement doesn't seem worthy of a press conference. He's probably launching a major lawsuit on something. Anything... God I wish he would just die already.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Still going with the creation of the MAGA Patriot Party. Just imagine how much he would be able to fleece by telling people they can be FOUNDING MEMBERS of the political party that SAVES AMERICA. For just $5,000, you can get a CERTIFICATE that your grandchildren will TREASURE. For $10,000 you'll be given a GOLD MEDAL demonstrating your COMMITMENT to MAGA. Even just a $1000 donation will get you VIP NEWSLETTER ACCESS so you can help FIGHT for AMERICA.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That would be like the best news ever. So not gonna be that.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:28 am Still going with the creation of the MAGA Patriot Party. Just imagine how much he would be able to fleece by telling people they can be FOUNDING MEMBERS of the political party that SAVES AMERICA. For just $5,000, you can get a CERTIFICATE that your grandchildren will TREASURE. For $10,000 you'll be given a GOLD MEDAL demonstrating your COMMITMENT to MAGA. Even just a $1000 donation will get you VIP NEWSLETTER ACCESS so you can help FIGHT for AMERICA.
Yeah, but does it include a minted coin and star named after you?
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:45 am
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:28 am Still going with the creation of the MAGA Patriot Party. Just imagine how much he would be able to fleece by telling people they can be FOUNDING MEMBERS of the political party that SAVES AMERICA. For just $5,000, you can get a CERTIFICATE that your grandchildren will TREASURE. For $10,000 you'll be given a GOLD MEDAL demonstrating your COMMITMENT to MAGA. Even just a $1000 donation will get you VIP NEWSLETTER ACCESS so you can help FIGHT for AMERICA.
No, but it's get you a certificate indicating a 1 sq ft subdivision in Scotland which ancient tradition says allows you to use the term Lord or Lady.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:49 am
LordMortis wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:45 am
No, but it's get you a certificate indicating a 1 sq ft subdivision in Scotland which ancient tradition says allows you to use the term Lord or Lady.
Can I fit everything I need for it into a 26" moving truck?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:41 am That would be like the best news ever. So not gonna be that.
Yeah, that's unlikely. In a situation where Trump is not the nominee, he's likely to periodically float and tease that, but his incentive to actually do that is small. He certainly doesn't need a non-GOP party in order to grift. What he will need is the GOP's protection from legal accountability. On the flip side the GOP will need him to not take his base of core supporters and go home. So the de facto deal between Trump and the GOP is that he'll support DeSantis / the GOP nominee, and the GOP will shut down any efforts to hold Trump accountable.

Possible that that breaks down at some point, but they both have incentives to go along with that deal.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

He's releasing digital trading cards??? He's going the Steam route??
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

NFTs!

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Grift on, fuck face. Grift on.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:23 pm He's releasing digital trading cards??? He's going the Steam route??
I thought that was a guess and not the actual answer. Holy shit this is beyond ridiculous. :lol:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, sorry:

And apologies to people that can't see Twitter. No way in hell I'm linking directly to it.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Well that was much dumber than I expected. When is his supplement coming out?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

malchior wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:41 pm Well that was much dumber than I expected.
And yet it 100% tracks. Tell people to rush and buy $99 digital trading cards because "they will be gone". He has clearly found himself some new advisors and they correctly provided him with the lowest cost / highest return scam they could think of.

And I bet they can't even craft badges! Pffft.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

What an idiot! He looks like a fool. My brother sent this to me and I thought it was a joke - which, in some way it is. Major announcement my a**, LOL!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well now I know what I can get my dad for Christmas. Sadly he would probably like it.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

“Life and Career”? Can I get the Impeachment and soon to be coming Indictment cards, please?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

On some level, this may be a sign that he is indeed over.

Digital trading cards. Only $99.

It’s cute.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I just saw the video. It's hilarious to watch Trump talk about himself exceeding Lincoln and Washington. It's so dumb. So, so dumb.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

His very own bored apes. How appropriate. And major. No plates, coins, or stars for anyone. Just NFTs of a guy with SBF envy watching the gorilla channel.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:57 pm I just saw the video. It's hilarious to watch Trump talk about himself exceeding Lincoln and Washington. It's so dumb. So, so dumb.
It's bothered me for a long time that our Republic-ending crisis is led first and foremost by this dumbass. Like at least get a respectable would-be totalitarian like a successful and crafty general or something.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Can someone explain NFTs to me? Like just a low-level explanation - like for the brain dead...

My questions are basically:
1) how is it truly limited, I mean - how is it enforced? It's (encrypted) digital art, and I assume the ability to take a screenshot or simply 'make a copy' of it would be easily done?
2) how is this art delivered, viewed, and shared/admired by the person that owns it... Do they just look at it on their computer screen? Do they get a print made of it? And then if they wanted to give it to someone else, is that a thing?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Here's the announcement video.

My brother pointed out that if it were literally anyone else, he would assume it was a deep fake.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Even Newsmax is bored:

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:05 pm
malchior wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:57 pm I just saw the video. It's hilarious to watch Trump talk about himself exceeding Lincoln and Washington. It's so dumb. So, so dumb.
It's bothered me for a long time that our Republic-ending crisis is led first and foremost by this dumbass. Like at least get a respectable would-be totalitarian like a successful and crafty general or something.
It's frustrating like a poorly written book or screenplay. As the reader/ viewer, one finds it so implausibly stupid that it spoils the suspension of disbelief. Only this is reality - so it just feels so stupid - without a book to close or theater to leave.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Unagi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm Can someone explain NFTs to me? Like just a low-level explanation - like for the brain dead...

My questions are basically:
1) how is it truly limited, I mean - how is it enforced? It's (encrypted) digital art, and I assume the ability to take a screenshot or simply 'make a copy' of it would be easily done?
2) how is this art delivered, viewed, and shared/admired by the person that owns it... Do they just look at it on their computer screen? Do they get a print made of it? And then if they wanted to give it to someone else, is that a thing?
It has the equivalent of a digital “watermark” I think to prevent copies. Beyond that I can’t say. Always seemed dumb to me, as did crypto 😁
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm 1) how is it truly limited, I mean - how is it enforced?
It's "on the blockchain." So it's got a digital signature that can be tracked. It's limited, in that it is exactly what they say it is. Can they do another run and make those limited? Sure. Will it be as valuable as the first run? Depends on how many idiots... er investors there are.

Enlarge Image

A great Christmas Grift.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow - they're selling them like Magic Cards except you only get 1 card / pack.
  • Can I Sell or Trade my Trump Digital Trading Card?
    • You have the ability to trade or sell your Trump Digital Trading Card directly with your friends or on any secondary marketplace that accepts Polygon-based NFTs/digital collectibles.

On each secondary sale of a Trump Digital Trading Card, there will be a 10% royalty on the sale price that will be paid back to the creator.

Digital Trading Cards (NFTs) are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment vehicles. Please be aware that the prices of NFTs are extremely volatile, and price fluctuations in cryptocurrencies could impact the price of your NFTs both positively and negatively. We make absolutely no promise or guarantee that the NFTs will increase in value or maintain the same value as the amount you paid to purchase same. You understand and agree that the NFTs have no inherent monetary value, and they should be treated as nothing more than a collectible. No information on our website is or should be considered advice or an invitation to enter into an agreement for any investment purpose. Further, no element of the website or NFTs qualifies or is intended to be an offering of securities in any jurisdiction, nor does it constitute an offer or an invitation to purchase shares, securities, or other financial products. It remains your sole and exclusive responsibility to assure that the purchase and sale of NFTs, and the use of cryptocurrencies, complies with laws and regulations in your jurisdiction. SEE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
  • How many Trump Digital Trading Cards are there?
    • Only 45,000 Trump Digital Trading Cards will be created in this initial series. 44,000 of them will be made available for sale here on CollectTrumpCards.com.
  • How rare is my Trump Digital Trading Card?
    • Each Trump Digital Trading Card will have a unique pre-assigned rarity. Think of it as variations or parallels in traditional baseball cards. Some will be one-of-one’s (i.e. the only such copy in the world), while others will be limited to 2, 5, 7, or 10 copies. No Trump Digital Trading Card will have more than 20 copies in existence!
  • Can I select which Trump Digital Trading Card I want?
    • The Trump Digital Trading Cards are randomly generated and delivered, so you won't know which card you receive until you check your wallet after purchase. There are hundreds of different cards featuring President Trump, each with its own rarity. No more than 20 copies exist of any single card. Only 45,000 total cards exist in this series.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, so it sounds like it's just bragging rights, and that yes - you in theory own "an item", not "a copy", but nothing really stops a digital copy to be made.
I imagine all the images themselves are technically available to anyone... The resolution may suffer depending on the source, but I'm sure a true-to-the-original resolution copy of these trading cards will be viewable, for instance.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

45,000? Shit I better get cracking. There's also a limit of 100 orders per person. Good thing I have 3 people in my family! Best 30K I'll ever spend.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I mean, I fully expected this “major announcement” to be some sort of scammy grift, but I didn’t expect it to be quite this pathetic.

Just…wow.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm still betting on him being done. This isn't helping his case against that. :P

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

ONLY $99 per card! What an amazing deal! (Said no one). :roll:
FTE