Help get kids started on a gaming addiction early.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

miltonite

Help get kids started on a gaming addiction early.

Post by miltonite »

Well this is more not gaming than it is gaming I think, so here we are.

This is for my sister's class. She teaches Kindergarten in Lafayette, LA. You need to get them started young. Here is what she said:

"Would you be willing to sponsor a child in my classroom for Christmas? 🎁 With the holidays coming up, I would love to gift each of my students with a board game.🧩🎲 I love technology, but there’s nothing better than a good board game filled with fun and laughter for the whole family. So many of them have access to technology and find themselves using technology often. I would love to give them the opportunity to spend more quality family time together. My plan is to wrap them and give them the day before we leave for Christmas break.
If you are willing to sponsor a student by donating a board game, I have made an Amazon list with different games that are reasonably priced. I would like to thank you in advance if you do donate. You have no idea how much of an impact your generosity will make. MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄🤶🎅
Some games are priced at the same amount you would pay for a Starbucks drink!"

Amazon Wish List
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Sudy

Re: Help get kids started on a gaming addiction early.

Post by Sudy »

Wonderful idea, but is The Campaign for North Africa out of stock or something?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Love this idea. :csmile: :csmile: :csmile:
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Am I seeing it right that there are only 4 games on the list?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stessier

Post by stessier »

stimpy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:11 am Am I seeing it right that there are only 4 games on the list?
That's what I see as well. And how do we donate to the cause? Adding the gift to my cart doesn't give me the address we need to send it to.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is it the "angela t gift address" i see when I select the address to send it to?'

edit: never mind, i believe it is. done!
He won. Period.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

And her goal has been met with the help of y'all and quite a few others. I appreciate the help getting her there.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

miltonite

Post by miltonite »

stimpy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:11 am Am I seeing it right that there are only 4 games on the list?
Sorry I was late to reply. I posted this late. She already had a bunch of people already donate. She was actually surprised how quickly her list was fulfilled. A lot more of her friends from Facebook stepped up and donated a game.