Post by Jaymann »

I wouldn't bet a pence on his chances.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Victoria Raverna

Re: Pence document scandal

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Why not? They appointed one to investigate Trump. They also appointed one to investigate Biden.
Last edited by Victoria Raverna on Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

When all of this blows over and we’ve gone through every current and ex President, VP, Sec of Transportation, presidential chef and their assistants, we should revisit (yes, there’s been a push for years) our apparently overly aggressive classification system.

Can’t do it now of course due to the hot political potato this has become.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:40 am
Why not? The appointed one to investigate Trump. They also appointed one to investigate Biden.
One needed a special counsel because he criminally mishandled documents. One needed a special counsel for the appearance of parity.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:28 pm
Why not? The appointed one to investigate Trump. They also appointed one to investigate Biden.
One needed a special counsel because he allegedly mishandled documents. One needed a special counsel for the appearance of parity.
Ftfy
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

:lol:
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yup. This is why Garland's politicization of the special counsel is now causing him a major headache here. A special counsel is necessary for criminal investigations which have political issues (heavily generalizing there!). The criminal investigation part is what almost everyone thinks he ignored in the appointment of a Biden SC. It became about appearances (aka politics) and not the law.

Now Pence is in those crosshairs and not appointing one (or appointing one) is going to lead to varying political interpretations. In other words, Garland has politicized the special counsel process. Maybe with the best intentions but it is hard to argue he didn't misstep now. In that, Garland has shed the single most important thing he was supposed to bring - his above the table - the law is the law approach. He's compromised and I seriously hope he is entertaining resigning at some point to give someone else a shot to clean up his mess. Unfortunately if does come to that conclusion, he has to time that for the politics now.
Last edited by malchior on Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Breaking: classified docs found in an old oven owned by Abe Lincoln’s chef’s mistress.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

DOJ recovers additional classified document from Pence’s home
Federal investigators found one additional document with classified markings during a search of former Vice President Mike Pence’s Indiana home on Friday.

The Justice Department conducted a search of Pence’s home roughly three weeks after his attorney notified the National Archives that they had discovered about a dozen documents with classified markings there. The search was conducted in cooperation with Pence’s team, and it lasted roughly five hours.

Devin O’Malley, a Pence adviser, said investigators removed “one document with classified markings and six additional pages without such markings that were not discovered in the initial review by the vice president’s counsel.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m starting to get a little worried. What if I have some classified documents?
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, my father did have a few papers detailing troop movements that had some form of classification on them. I have his papers, so I likely have those.

I keep them safe. I wouldn't want to cost American troops their lives in the war against North Korea.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)