Re: Lamplighter League [Hairbrained Schemes]

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Looks interesting.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Love the concept. Hate the aesthetic.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

I would give this a try. I was really hoping their relative silence was them working on another FASA game, I guess I can hold out hope on that separately.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 pm Love the concept. Hate the aesthetic.
I love the look of it. It's actually an additional selling point for me.
Covfefe!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'll be watching this one.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:35 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 pm Love the concept. Hate the aesthetic.
I love the look of it. It's actually an additional selling point for me.
I like stylized graphics sometimes, but if it is taken too far (especially on characters), it tends to kill it for me. There are exceptions, of course. I will look at longer gameplay segments when it comes out. I do love the setting, though. I wish more games visit the early 20th century.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

At this point I think I'm just generally all in on whatever Harebrained does. Wishlisted!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

There have been several dev diaries released, this is the latest one: Dev Diary #5: Turn-Based Combat
Hello everyone! I’m Brad Kraeling, a Senior Gameplay Engineer for The Lamplighters League. I’m super honored to be able to take you on a tour of a few of the systems that make our Turn-Based combat full of exciting choices, challenges, and strategies.

Time to Go Loud!
In our last dev diary we talked about Real-Time Infiltration and how you can shape the conditions of the fight through stealth and trickery. Now let's take a look at what happens when it's time to "go loud:" where the guns come out and the fight begins!

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Christopher Odd takes a look at the tutorial, as it currently stands. He mentions right off the bat that he's "working with" Paradox, so this is probably best viewed as a promotional piece, not a critical preview by any means.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Release date announced: October 3rd. You may preorder now if you so desire.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

FWIW it just cost me about $5 more than this game costs for a year's subscription to Xbox Ultimate, which includes PC Gamepass.

Includes this game of course, but also Starfield, Cities Skylines II, and a billion other games. Value prop is through the roof IMO.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I've gad PC Gamepass for a while now through monthly sub.
It's been valuable due to having games I definitely want and hames I've been on the fence about.
Plus even if a game isn't on my radar I'm more likely to play it there anyway.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

There's a limited time demo available for this. Apparently, the demo will go away when the game launches on the 3rd.
The Demo is available on Steam, Epic Games, Xbox and Microsoft Store until October 3rd.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Out today and still free on gamepass.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:01 am FWIW it just cost me about $5 more than this game costs for a year's subscription to Xbox Ultimate, which includes PC Gamepass.

Includes this game of course, but also Starfield, Cities Skylines II, and a billion other games. Value prop is through the roof IMO.
This +10. I wish I had joined sooner given all the top shelf games I have played through GamePass. It's perfect for players like me that almost never replay a game and therefore if it drops off the GamePass I probably won't miss it. And if years from now I want to play again the game should be heavily discounted by then. For example, access to Lies of P, Starfield, and Lamplighter covers your annual subscription. Now add all the other games and the EA Play for Madden, F1, FIFA, etc.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I've played through the first scenario and really having fun with it. But I'm a sucker for the theming.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Based on initial reviews, looks like it might eventually settle around the mid 70's on Metacritic (currently 77)? Steam user reviews are at 82% currently. Very early though.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I've played the first few missions and it's good. At this stage it seems a little simplistic but it is still pretty early. I see slots for weapon mods, armor and trinkets and I am picking up supplies and intel that I currently have no use for, so there is clearly more to come. I'll keep at it a little bit, but there are more releases this week that are probably going to take priority.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Two missions in and the controls seem a little clunky. With no map to pull up I have trouble even moving the map around or rotating it to see where I'm supposed to go. Moving between characters only seems to happen by clicking on them instead of having a portrait to click on. So far I prefer Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun for a similar type of stealth game.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:39 am I've played the first few missions and it's good. At this stage it seems a little simplistic but it is still pretty early. I see slots for weapon mods, armor and trinkets and I am picking up supplies and intel that I currently have no use for, so there is clearly more to come. I'll keep at it a little bit, but there are more releases this week that are probably going to take priority.
I've played a bunch more. I am on week 12 or so and... I find it kind of boring. I keep playing it because I don't have much else on my plate. Only having 3 agents in a mission, enemies that aren't particularly interesting, story that exists. I guess it's just not my jam.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Harebrained Schemes splits off from Paradox, will be independent again in 2024
Come January 1, 2024, Paradox Interactive will no longer own Harebrained Schemes. The two companies will end their five-year relationship in what's said to be a "mutual agreement" from both parties regarding "each party’s strategic and creative priorities."

Paradox will keep ownership of Harebrained games such as its newest release, The Lamplighters League. The strategy title released earlier in the month and Paradox wrote it off as a financial loss days after it came out. It reportedly laid off most of Harebrained's staff months prior to the game's launch.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

On an unrelated note, I am close to finishing this. I have two more macguffins to collect before I expect the final mission to open up. I'm going to try to finish it up before Friday when I want to jump right into Spider-Man 2.

Overall, I think it is fine as far as a turn based tactical game goes, but lacking inspiration. I am not particularly excited to play it, but I don't have anything else really calling my name.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

...and done! I finished for lack of anything better to do. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't great. It was a worth a play but didn't think it would have been worth buying at full price. Solid $30 game maybe.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I'm still really enjoying this one about 5 missions in thus far. The rather unique atmosphere and characters and story are good so far, and I like the gameplay still.

On xBox gamepass, so it's still part of my cheap upgrade packaged with the XSX I could only get with gamepass bundled.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.