My daughter has coloring books on Amazon

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

My daughter has coloring books on Amazon

Post by Jaymann »

I wondered what she was doing on her laptop in the wee hours while the children are asleep. Turns out she is producing coloring books under the name Anna Lee. Link below:

elves and faries coloring books by anna lee
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Re: My daughter has coloring books on Amazon

Post by dbt1949 »

How kool!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Since it's labeled an "Adult" coloring book, I suppose it contains NSFK content? I bought my daughter some new markers yesterday and she immediately requested some mermaid coloring pages.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:09 am Since it's labeled an "Adult" coloring book, I suppose it contains NSFK content? I bought my daughter some new markers yesterday and she immediately requested some mermaid coloring pages.
Not necessarily. Adult coloring books are just coloring books intended for adults artists rather than kids. The material tends to be more of interest to adults, the art more complex.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:45 am
Jeff V wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:09 am Since it's labeled an "Adult" coloring book, I suppose it contains NSFK content? I bought my daughter some new markers yesterday and she immediately requested some mermaid coloring pages.
Not necessarily. Adult coloring books are just coloring books intended for adults artists rather than kids. The material tends to be more of interest to adults, the art more complex.
Could be, but given the choice, my daughter elects somewhat basic coloring pages. She's only 6, after all.

On a side note, he brother gets to break boards every time he belt-tests in taekwondo. My daughter takes those board fragments and paints them -- given her age, I'm really impressed by the results. I think I posted them on FB for those of you connected to me.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:45 am
This. I wondered the same thing, but there is no erotic content.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:54 amCould be, but given the choice, my daughter elects somewhat basic coloring pages. She's only 6, after all.
Absolutely. It's a different market. Adult coloring books tend to be extremely heavy in detail, and are often full of elaborate patterns, and are designed for people who want the 'mindful' experience of coloring (from what I've read, it's busy-work for your mind that brings a result - and benefits - similar to meditation.) Kids coloring books tend to be designed just for the fun of coloring, with bigger areas that don't require much precision, characters that kids like, and so on.

And yeah, a quick look at Amazon will bring up tons of coloring books that are actually adult themed (lots of gory horror, etc.)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:23 am Adult coloring books tend to be extremely heavy in detail, and are often full of elaborate patterns, and are designed for people who want the 'mindful' experience of coloring (from what I've read, it's busy-work for your mind that brings a result - and benefits - similar to meditation.)
Same thing you'd experience while building or painting miniatures (in theory anyway). Hyper focusing on something blanks out your mind to everything else going on. When it works, it's great.

On topic - thanks for posting. Purchased!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

And jigsaw puzzles.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:12 pm And jigsaw puzzles.
I've been doing a lot of those online. Definitely find it relaxing.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

TheMix wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:33 pm
I've been doing a lot of those online. Definitely find it relaxing.
Yep. That's the reason I do alot of hidden object games.
I have thought about getting back to doing physical puzzles, as I always found that to be pretty zen.

If your daughter ever does dragons or wizards, let us know.
I just cant do fairies....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Actually she published a new one today. But it's Animal Safari not dragons.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

My daughter has a jigsaw puzzle of herself that, as far as I know, she's never put together.

She also takes the broken boards from my son's belt tests and paints them. Considering her age, she does a great job -- they are interesting, sometimes obvious in what she was aiming for, sometimes abstract. She certainly has an artistic bent, she's taking 3 dance classes (of which she's tiring of), a theater class (which she wants do to more of, especially singing). I can see formal art instruction on the horizon.
Black Lives Matter
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:23 am
Jeff V wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:54 amCould be, but given the choice, my daughter elects somewhat basic coloring pages. She's only 6, after all.
Absolutely. It's a different market. Adult coloring books tend to be extremely heavy in detail, and are often full of elaborate patterns, and are designed for people who want the 'mindful' experience of coloring (from what I've read, it's busy-work for your mind that brings a result - and benefits - similar to meditation.) Kids coloring books tend to be designed just for the fun of coloring, with bigger areas that don't require much precision, characters that kids like, and so on.

And yeah, a quick look at Amazon will bring up tons of coloring books that are actually adult themed (lots of gory horror, etc.)
My wife has a few adult coloring books. She's got the National Parks adult coloring book, a "stress relieving book with animals, mandalas, paisley patterns", and another one that is landscapes and outdoor activities. It's very much a stress relieving time killer. Sort of like meditation but with colors (mostly colored pencils). The elves and fairys aren't really her thing but I did find the Zoo Animals one and I think she'll like it so I ordered one (along with a Roblox guide for our 10YO).
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've got a few and a nice set of colored pencils. I picked them up in an effort to improve my understanding of light and color for miniature painting, but yeah - they're really relaxing. You can turn on music, a documentary, or a podcast and use them to keep your hands and eyes occupied.

I barely touched mine after I got them (things got busy), but I've kept them on hand for when things settle down.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And I don't really feel much draw to fairies, either, but keep linking her releases! If I ever get back to it, I'll need a few.

FWIW, for those not familiar with the concept, here's some of what people have done with adult coloring books (pulled from Google.)
Spoiler:

And colored pencils as an art medium shouldn't be discounted just because we used them when we were kids. Not a coloring page, but this was done 100% with colored pencils:
Spoiler:
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:27 pm I wondered what she was doing on her laptop in the wee hours while the children are asleep. Turns out she is producing coloring books under the name Anna Lee. Link below:

elves and faries coloring books by anna lee
i read that as 'elvis and fairies' at first

that's her vector art? she's good!
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Does she have more than 2 books? She doesn't have an author page, so its hard to tell. Seems there are a lot of people named "Anna Lee" on amazon
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:32 pm Does she have more than 2 books? She doesn't have an author page, so its hard to tell. Seems there are a lot of people named "Anna Lee" on amazon
Only two so far. I will advise her on the author page.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter