Chris Avellone cleared of charges...settles lawsuit

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Chris Avellone cleared of charges...settles lawsuit

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks to Blues News

Chris Avellone Lawsuit Settled
A post on Medium by Chris Avellone announces a lawsuit he filed over sexual predation allegations has been dismissed with prejudice. He says this has resulted in his attorney's fees being refunded and a "seven-figure payout" despite describing it as a "confidential settlement." The post shares what is purported to be a joint statement from Kelly Bristol and Karissa Barrows, two women who had accused the embattled developer of sexual misconduct. Avellone filed a libel suit against Barrows, Bristol, and 100 Jane Does in 2021 after their allegations he engaged in sexual predation. Avallone later filed another suit against just Barrows for defamation. The backlash immediately cost him work, including his consultant roles on Dying Light 2 and Bloodlines 2. Chris goes on to speak about real challenges the industry still needs to face.
I cant tell if he gets 7 figures or they do. I assume he pays and they shut up.
Mr. Avellone never sexually abused either of us. We have no knowledge that he has ever sexually abused any women. We have no knowledge that Mr. Avellone has ever misused corporate funds. Anything we have previously said or written about Mr. Avellone to the contrary was not our intent. We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry. We believe Mr. Avellone shares a desire to protect and uplift those communities. We believe that he deserves a full return to the industry and support him in those endeavors.”

- Karissa Barrows, Kelly Rae Bristol
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: Chris Avellone cleared of charges...settles lawsuit

Post by Blackhawk »

He gets paid.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)