[Movie] Best Served Cold (Abercrombie)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

[Movie] Best Served Cold (Abercrombie)

Post by Jaymann »

This is big. At last Joe Abercrombie gets an adaptation. Though I would have preferred The Blade Itself, I am not complaining. BSC is a standalone, hopefully if it succeeds it will lead to more First Law movies.

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Re: [Movie] Best Served Cold (Abercrombie)

Post by Smoove_B »

:shock:

I'm reading the Age of Madness trilogy right now (I'm in the final book). This is amazing news - been waiting for them to make this into a movie or TV series; it's long overdue!

EDIT: For those that prefer to read.
Originally published as part of Abercrombie’s First Law World series in the summer of 2009, Best Served Cold tells the story of the legendary mercenary Monza Murcatto (Ferguson), the betrayal that ostracizes her, and her ensuing quest for revenge that will forever change a nation.
It's interesting because it's the first stand-alone book after the original trilogy. In that way, the original trilogy would almost be a prequel (assuming this movie is popular). It's an interesting choice and after thinking about it, I think it makes sense.

I think I've read the original trilogy 3 times and each of the following stand alone books twice. That is highly unusual for me as I typically don't re-read books. I think the only other series I've re-read is The Dark Tower, as a point of reference.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That's an odd choice for a first movie. But I guess they don't want to commit to three movies right off the bat.

I need to reread that trilogy. It was fantastic. I loved they he kept his characters real and people weren't just 100% good or evil.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It did seem odd at first, but by starting in Book #4 you have the benefit of seeing the impacts of what happens in Books #1-3 while interacting with a much smaller circle of characters. As a bonus, you'll still see some characters from the first three books as secondary or background characters (that have important roles) and if you go back to read the first three books (or they make them into a TV series), you'd get to see their story arcs as well.

It could definitely work and with a much lower point of entry than starting with The Blade Itself.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

McNutt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:38 pm That's an odd choice for a first movie. But I guess they don't want to commit to three movies right off the bat.

I need to reread that trilogy. It was fantastic. I loved they he kept his characters real and people weren't just 100% good or evil.
This book is a standalone but it features names from the first and second trilogies. I think it is a great place to start. I do think they will have to skip a lot of material to keep this at standard movie length.

I recently read this for a second time and I really like it.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

McNutt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:38 pm That's an odd choice for a first movie. But I guess they don't want to commit to three movies right off the bat.

This book is a standalone but it features names from the first and second trilogies. I think it is a great place to start. I do think they will have to skip a lot of material to keep this at standard movie length.

I recently read this for a second time and I really like it.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

The last sentence from your double post made me giggle.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.