Warcraft III Reforged (with some Prime Evil talk thrown in re: Blizzard Summer Sale

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Warcraft III Reforged (with some Prime Evil talk thrown in re: Blizzard Summer Sale

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Considering WCIII Reforged. Loved the OG and II and played them both to death, but for whatever reason I never finished or even played very much of III. I'm thinking it's time to correct that. The absolutely savaging this remake got when it came out I think is due to things I either don't care about (MP), or bugs that I ASSUME have by now been quashed. I will be playing for the SP Campaign only, so hopefully the more modern graphics and UI will make that enjoyable.

Oddly, I bought either this, or WCII (or both) on Battlenet several years ago, but they are no longer there in my game library! There used to be a menu item for LEGACY GAMES or something like that, but I clicked everywhere and didn't see it. I guess once this remake launched, they killed the legacy version. :(

I also picked up Prime Evil which adds the Necro expansion for D3 that I didn't have AND the remastered version of D2, which I have been eyeing for a while.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Battlenet now considers existing titles when you buy packages...like Steam (and reduces the price a bit...a VERY little bit, I think less than Steam does).
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smoove_B

Re: Warcraft III Reforged (with some Prime Evil talk thrown in re: Blizzard Summer Sale

Post by Smoove_B »

Interesting, I didn't remember (or realize?) there was an updated version of Warcraft 3. I also owned the original Warcraft 3 - had the big collector's edition box with art prints and fancy book. You're right - it's no longer in my account, which is disappointing. $15 to own it again seems reasonable. Thanks for the info!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Re: Warcraft III Reforged (with some Prime Evil talk thrown in re: Blizzard Summer Sale

Post by Carpet_pissr »

FWIW it's around 30GB. Can't remember if it was you or someone else on here that was "download size sensitive", but fair warning for whoever that is! :D

Playing it now! Great so far, had forgotten how hyper saturated the colors were, though. Also, I think I am remembering that I couldn't get into IV, not III. IV changed the game quite a bit IIRC. This is playing exactly how I remember it, nice and simple. :D