BG3 OO Multiplayer Group Sign Up

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

BG3 OO Multiplayer Group Sign Up

Post by Jaymann »

Come August 3, I will host a Baldur's Gate 3 public multiplayer game (with password) for any OO members who want to try this out. Theoretically players can hop into the game at any point and can create their own character. Will be interesting to see how this works in practice. Hopefully my knowledge of Act 1 will be an advantage. In the meantime I will try to join a public server in EA to see how it works.

If you are interested in participating, please sign up here.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Re: BG3 OO Multiplayer Group Sign Up

Post by Jaymann »

Well that was quite instructive. I tried joining various servers, at first none had any room. Then I joined one and I came in as an Origin character with a Level 2 player. It was apparent they might be clueless as they had not changed their name from the default "Tav." They immediately proceeded to attack something WAY too high level and died abruptly. I exited.

Next I joined a server with only one of four slots filled. I got to character creation then was booted for some reason.

I finally got onto a server just starting the tutorial so I was able to create a character. The next few steps were like leap frog as players ran ahead to areas they knew about, myself included. I freed an NPC from a trap. When we got into combat you just had to wait your turn and could do whatever you saw fit. Surprisingly I was able to control the NPC I had freed. At least one person did not know about killing Commander Zhalk in the tutorial to get one of the best weapons. They rushed ahead and ended the tutorial.

Then we were on the beach and I looted a few items I knew about and lockpicked a chest to get a leather helm. I was exploring further when a party member knocked me out and then healed me. It was a dick move but it's good to know it can be done. We were joined by the same NPC I had freed. I tried looting them - was able to take some potions but not armor which was marked with an "E." We got to one of the first combat areas when the server shut down for unknown reasons.

Now I know what to expect and should be ready to roll.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Re: BG3 OO Multiplayer Group Sign Up

Post by Jaymann »

Here is an excellent breakdown of mutiplayer mechanics. I hate the guy's voice but he does a good job.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter