NFL 2023 Regular Season Plus SUPERBOWL!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Re: NFL 2023 Regular Season Plus Playoffs

Post by LordMortis »

Word on the street is odds makers can't shake people from betting on the Lions and said odds makers are losing huge. :scared-yipes: :Izzy man running with head on fire: :puke-huge:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Gotta say I'm pretty excited for Ravens - Chiefs. Should be a very fun game.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Meanwhile, I couldn't care less.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Unagi wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 pm Texans vs Ravens -- My brain just pointed out to me that these two team names are similar in a weird way. (and that my brain is in a weird way)

Both Six letters...
T and R are separated by one letter in the alphabet.
the e and the a are in swapped positions.
x and v are separated by one letter in the alphabet.
and finally then, they both end with ns.

:shifty:
I should probably be committed.
I was stuck at a light at Montrose and my kiddo was asking me something about Rosemont and I had a massive epiphany. I probably should have had it earlier but man. Now there's no going back.

Also, go Lions, last of the Lake Erie bros. I remember playing football on the playground and half us kids were Billy Sims and the other half were Anthony Carter. It's been a year.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

El Guapo wrote:Gotta say I'm pretty excited for Ravens - Chiefs. Should be a very fun game.
Ravens are gonna blast this team into the Stone Age.

That throw on 2nd down is a TD 99/100 times. It is their bread and butter play (same basic play they ran in 2021 to take the lead with 13 seconds). 1/100 times, Chris Jones pushed the LT into Allen and affects the throw.

It’s just a damn shame that I live in the 1/100 universe.

It made me angry in the moment for all the same reasons, but you have to get a TD to have a chance. And the TD was there. I get trying to take it, and take your chances on D. But it didn’t work out.

It never works out.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RunningMn9 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:39 pm
El Guapo wrote:Gotta say I'm pretty excited for Ravens - Chiefs. Should be a very fun game.

That throw on 2nd down is a TD 99/100 times. It is their bread and butter play (same basic play they ran in 2021 to take the lead with 13 seconds). 1/100 times, Chris Jones pushed the LT into Allen and affects the throw.

It made me angry in the moment for all the same reasons, but you have to get a TD to have a chance. And the TD was there. I get trying to take it, and take your chances on D. But it didn’t work out.

It never works out.
Yeah, my expectation is that the Ravens are going to win by 10. The main caveat on that is that the Chiefs have Mahomes. But the Ravens have Jackson and a better overall team.
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:52 pm

It never works out.
Yeah, my expectation is that the Ravens are going to win by 10. The main caveat on that is that the Chiefs have Mahomes. But the Ravens have Jackson and a better overall team.
The other caveat is that the Ravens have underperformed a LOT in the playoffs. Beating a rookie QB making his first road playoff start is a FAR cry from beating Mahomes.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:06 pm

It never works out.
The other caveat is that the Ravens have underperformed a LOT in the playoffs. Beating a rookie QB making his first road playoff start is a FAR cry from beating Mahomes.
Plus the NFL probably wants Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl. ;)
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:12 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:06 pm

It never works out.
Plus the NFL probably wants Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl. ;)
State Farm surely does ;)

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Looks like Zach Ertz just started practicing with the Lions...
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's official, Harbaugh pulls a Pete Carroll and jumps to the Chargers before the NCAA can close in. (Not really, but it sounds good).
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I still can't totally believe that the Falcons chose *Raheem Morris* over Bill Belichick.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I have completely conflicting thoughts on these next two games' outcomes.

Intellectually, I think the winners will be the 49ers and the Chiefs.

But, I just want to go with who I want to win for this so:

My Conference picks:
Chiefs vs Ravens
Lions vs 49ers

I don't care either way on the Chiefs vs Ravens game, but I'd kinda rather see the Ravens in the Superbowl. Cynically, I'm sure the NFL and Taylor Swift have worked something out to ensure the Chiefs win this.

I'd very much like to see the Lions win this, so to that effect, I want to be perfectly clear that I don't actually think they will win - - actually thinking that they will win would be tantamount to wanting them to lose... so - nope.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Any Bucs followers want to educate me on the new Carolina head coach? No idea who this guy is, or his coaching chops (or lack thereof). Hopefully our owner won't go 0-3 on recent hires.

"Dave Canales
The team agreed to terms with Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dave Canales as the seventh head coach in franchise history Thursday."
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's really hard for me to see the Chiefs winning on Sunday. The Ravens team just is all around better. The one thing is that Mahomes has enough of an aura that it's hard to see him losing, so that's the one caveat. But you know, Lamar's pretty dang good too.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I'm gonna go with:

Chiefs at Ravens
Lions at 49ers
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:53 pm It's really hard for me to see the Chiefs winning on Sunday. The Ravens team just is all around better. The one thing is that Mahomes has enough of an aura that it's hard to see him losing, so that's the one caveat. But you know, Lamar's pretty dang good too.
If Lamar wins it, it will be the first time ever that a QB celebrated for rushing ability has won the SB. That would embolden Justin Field's supporters, I guess (still on the fence with him). I'm rooting for Mahomes, as the Chiefs are probably my 3rd favorite team (2nd favorite when they play the Packers).
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:02 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:53 pm It's really hard for me to see the Chiefs winning on Sunday. The Ravens team just is all around better. The one thing is that Mahomes has enough of an aura that it's hard to see him losing, so that's the one caveat. But you know, Lamar's pretty dang good too.
If Lamar wins it, it will be the first time ever that a QB celebrated for rushing ability has won the SB. That would embolden Justin Field's supporters, I guess (still on the fence with him). I'm rooting for Mahomes, as the Chiefs are probably my 3rd favorite team (2nd favorite when they play the Packers).
ummm Mahomes doesn't rush? I mean he's not as good as Lamar, but he's up there and would be considered a rushing QB in my book.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The thing is that Lamar Jackson, in addition to being fast, is also really good at throwing a football.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

LOL, Carson Wentz.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:46 am
The thing is that Lamar Jackson, in addition to being fast, is also really good at throwing a football.
/sucks air
sick burn! :lol: :| :grund:
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Steve Young would like a word . . .
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Kurth wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:18 pmSteve Young would like a word . . .
Steve Young was a passer that could run. Lamar is a runner that can pass.
Make up bags of change
naednek

Post by naednek »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:58 am
I agree with that.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Josh Allen is more akin to a super-sized Steve Young.
Make up bags of change
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Fair enough, but you couldn’t possibly say that Steve Young and Josh Allen (not a SB winner, sadly) aren’t “celebrated for their rushing ability.”
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

RunningMn9 wrote:
Steve Young was, however, celebrated for his running ability ;)

Ænima

Post by Ænima »

So was Elway.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

As a kid, I still remember having 49er season tix and when we went to the '81 NFC Championship, training the binoculars down to the NFL Today tent on the field and seeing Brent Musberger showing off the "Forty Fucking Niners" t-shirt he Das wearing under his suit. That's me as a kid with the helmet at Candlestick back when it had artificial turf in the 70's.

Go Niners! Image

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lamar Jackson to Lamar Jackson for 13 yards. That's something you don't see every day.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Great pic Pyper!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Run, Lamar, RUN! Jesus.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lamar gonna Lamar...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

He has passed like crap the entire game. And somehow they still have a little bit of a shot to stay in the game.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wow, what a great run by the Lions!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well dream start for the Lions. core on their 1st drive and hold them to no points.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Lassr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 pm Lamar gonna Lamar...
That was an awful game by Lamar. Just awful.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Great first half by the Lions!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Ugh. It's irritating to be so close, and have you're own mistakes ultimately lose you the game. Yeah, KC played great, but two turnovers in their endzone... all the penalty yards... the defense giving up that last first down on 3rd and long... Especially when we lost last year's playoff game turning it over on an goal-line fumble / returned for a TD. The defense really stepped up in the 2nd half, and the offense was able to start moving the ball too. But just couldn't overcome their mistakes and make the big plays.

And next year we lose important players and probably our DC. Missed opportunities suck. /sigh

Go NFC! (And only a couple weeks until Spring Training!)