2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Fight for the Future (ww) - Human's Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: Fight for the Future (ww)

Post by stessier »

That's going to make it a challenge to be dead by Monday.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I may be a little distracted by Starfield, just a heads up.
:P
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

stessier wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:13 am That's going to make it a challenge to be dead by Monday.
Enlarge Image

Ah, Stessier, indeed, time is a fickle and relentless companion that waits for no man—or his desired demise. Hence, I've urged scoop20906 to expedite the distribution of roles today. The game will commence this upcoming Sunday evening, allowing everyone sufficient time to digest their newfound powers and intricacies of the rules.

You see, this is not merely a game; it's a dire struggle with implications rippling through the very fabric of our futures. As you may have inferred, my timeline is fraught with anomalies and paradoxes that only the activation of the time portal can rectify. Let me be perfectly clear: failure is not an option. The urgency cannot be overstated. The clock ticks, and soon, very soon, it will be time to fight for the future.

So prepare yourselves. Your night orders may be sent in as soon as you've received your role assignment. The balance of the future rests in your hands. Choose wisely; act swiftly.
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:47 am I may be a little distracted by Starfield, just a heads up.
:P
Enlarge Image

Ah, Starfield, you say? In my timeline, I got quite wrapped up in "Starfield V: Nebula's Reckoning!" They added zero-gravity space llamas as a main feature, if you can believe it. Anyway, your sacred duty here is of utmost importance. The future's fabric is at stake, so remember to put your game face on and fight for our collective tomorrow!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Certainly, Mr V.
I will put my game face on yesterday!
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Secret Roles Assigned

Per instructions from Dr. Vortex, I have sent each player's secret role to them by private message. The game will officially start once every player has read their private message. A game announcement will be posted and players will be given a deadline to submit their night orders otherwise forfeiting their orders for that night. Players are requested to submit their night orders early.

I will ask player's to refrain from posting in the main thread until the official game start announcement has been made.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Last minute questions.

1. To be clear, only the humans want the time portal open, correct? If so, why would they want to align with cyborgs at all?
2. If somehow the scientist is killed rught away does that mean the humans cant win at all or is the role reassigned?
3. Clarifying end game.
A. If wolves kill cyborgs game ends and wolves win.
B. If cyborgs or humans kill wolves. The game ends cyborgs win and humans and wolves lose.
C.humans open portal. Game ends and humans win.
4. Crap I know i had other questions but forgot them while writing this. If anyone knows what i wanted to ask please let me know . :D
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

In the sterile corridors of Kronos Laboratories, hidden deep beneath the neon sprawl of the city, the ambient hum of machinery blends seamlessly with the distant echoes of uncertainty. Dr. Chronos Vortex, once a genius inventor, now a sinister mastermind, stands ominously before a shimmering time portal. His gaunt face reflects not only the swirling lights but also a twisted blend of ambition and desperation.

Enlarge Image

"Time," he intones, his voice dripping with a desperation bordering on madness, "is the ultimate arbiter. It's the canvas upon which the universe is painted, and now, I shall be both artist and judge."

Swirling around, he confronts three disparate groups, each marked by a blend of confusion, fear, and determination.

Enlarge Image

The Robotic Werewolves, his metallic abominations, stare back with cold, unfeeling eyes. The Alpha-bot leans forward, its voice a chilling symphony of mechanical growls, "We are your ultimate creations, Master. The timeline must be cleansed."

Beside them, the Human Survivors, brilliant minds coaxed into this nightmarish reality, clench devices that might unlock the portal to another time. The Scientist, face etched with betrayal, hisses, "Kronos, you've turned your back on humanity. We were your colleagues, your friends!"

Lastly, the Cyborg Hunters, the champions of human resistance, ready their high-tech weaponry, each piece more lethal than the last. Their Commander steps forward, voice unwavering, "Your reign ends here, Kronos. The future will not be yours to corrupt."

Dr. Kronos Vortex's laughter, a haunting cacophony, reverberates through the chamber. "Ah, but you misunderstand. The future is neither a gift nor a right; it's a puzzle, a game! Only those who are worthy, those who rise above pettiness and fear, shall inherit the tapestry of tomorrow."

As if on cue, the room darkens and his image dissolves, leaving only a holographic message. Their minds wiped clean, their identities obscured, the participants are now prisoners within this twisted game. The time portal flickers ominously, its pulsing light casting shadows of both hope and doom.

As the laboratory descends into an unsettling darkness, the game is now in play. Alliances will be forged, betrayals executed, and secrets exposed. The time to merely dream of the future is over; now is the time to fight for it, to shape it, to own it.

Welcome to your new reality. The fight for the future starts here and now.

A question hangs palpable in the air, a whisper from the very fabric of time itself: "Who will you become? What path will you forge? The moment to 'Fight for the Future' is upon us. Will you rise to the challenge?"

Commencement of Night 0

The corridors of Kronos Laboratories have darkened, signifying the onset of Night 0. All participants have received their secret roles via private message.

Below is a comprehensive list of Night Actions. Please communicate your chosen actions via a private message to me, Scoop20906.

List of Night Actions:
  • Scientist's Scan: The Scientist chooses a player to scan for a time portal code via private message.
  • Alpha-bot: The Alpha-bot selects a play to scan to receive their role via private message.
  • Werewolves' Attack Decision: Each Robotic Werewolf independently chooses a target to attack via private message.
  • Commander's Attack Order: The Cyborg Commander orders an attack on a suspected Werewolf via private message.
  • Scout-bot's Observation: The Scout-bot observes a player's actions during the night but does not learn their specific role via private message.
  • Engineers' Protective Barriers: Human Engineers decide whom to protect (but not the same player in consecutive nights) via private message.
  • Sniper's Precision Strike: The Sniper may decide to use a precision strike during either day or night cycle via private message.
Execution:

Resolve Actions: Dr. Vortex will determine the final outcomes based on the actions submitted, including determining the majority or random selection for the werewolves' attack.
Announcement: Dr. Vortex publicly announces the results of the night, including any deaths.

You are advised to submit your actions by the deadline of Monday, September 11th at 10:00 pm Eastern Time Zone.

Your cooperation is instrumental in shaping the course of events in this high-stakes milieu. May your decisions be judicious, for the fabric of the future hangs in the balance.

Review the Rule
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Game on!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Ah, Punisher, your curiosity warms the very circuits of my virtual heart. Allow me to clarify:

1. To be clear, only the humans want the time portal open, correct? If so, why would they want to align with cyborgs at all?

While it's true that only the humans desire the time portal's activation, aligning with the Cyborg Hunters can be a tactical choice. The Cyborgs aim to eliminate the Robotic Werewolves, a common enemy.

2. If somehow the scientist is killed rught away does that mean the humans cant win at all or is the role reassigned?

Should the Scientist meet an untimely demise, the role will not be reassigned. The humans would have to adapt their strategy accordingly.

3. Clarifying end game.
A. If wolves kill cyborgs game ends and wolves win.

Correct, if the Robotic Werewolves eliminate the Cyborgs, they win.

B. If cyborgs or humans kill wolves. The game ends cyborgs win and humans and wolves lose.

If the Cyborgs or humans eliminate the Werewolves, Cyborgs claim victory. The human's claim secondary victory because they survived but are now trapped in a future under Cyborg rule.

C.humans open portal. Game ends and humans win.

Should the humans successfully activate the time portal, they alone will emerge victorious.

4. Crap I know i had other questions but forgot them while writing this. If anyone knows what i wanted to ask please let me know . :D

Your questions may have been momentarily lost in time, but fear not; we're just at Night 0. The future still teems with possibilities! Now, send your orders via Private Message to scoop20906, as the clock waits for no entity—man, machine, or otherwise. Soon, it will be time to fight for the future!

--Dr. Vortex
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

You may wonder why I created the Robotic Werewolves. Let's indulge this curiosity for a moment.

The genesis of the Robotic Werewolves. A tale worth telling, indeed. You see, these metallic monstrosities serve as a testament to the fusion of man's most primal instincts with the epitome of technological advancement. A purging mechanism, if you will, for the timeline that has deviated too far from its optimal path.

In my travels across the temporal continuum, I observed that the mere act of survival was no longer sufficient. A new breed of warriors was necessary, neither bound by the feeble limitations of humanity nor fully absorbed into the void of machine. The Robotic Werewolves embody this perfect blend, designed to sift through the chaos and ensure that only the most deserving entities persist.

Their creation is but a means to an end; a tool in the grand game of temporal engineering. But make no mistake, they are not mere pawns. They are the executioners of fate, the agents of a future yet to be written.

So, as we stand at the cusp of this grand experiment, remember: the timeline quivers in anticipation. The Robotic Werewolves are both my masterpiece and my wild cards in this gamble.

--Dr. Vortex

Enlarge Image
Last edited by VexingVortex22 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punisher

Re: Fight for the Future (ww) - Night Zero

Post by Punisher »

Ate we having any discussions during n8ght phase or ate we mot even supposed to?
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Having created the werewolves I realized my work was not yet complete therefore came the Cyborgs—a fascinating chapter in my grand experiment. When I peered into the labyrinthine corridors of the future, it became evident that neither man nor machine alone could prevent the cascading failures that plague us. The Cyborgs were born of this realization, a union of human resilience and machine efficiency.

You see, human survival instincts are irreplaceable, but they are also tragically flawed. They lead to emotions, to errors, to hesitation. Machines, on the other hand, are faultlessly efficient but lack the creative problem-solving that humanity brings to the table.

In creating the Cyborgs, I've endowed them with a singular purpose: to serve as the guardians of temporal integrity, the sentinels at the gateways of possibility. They are programmed to eliminate any threat to the timeline, be it man or machine, yet are capable of adapting, learning, and most importantly, executing justice where it's needed.

Let this be clear: The Cyborgs are not my servants, but rather co-authors of a future that hangs in the balance. In the game that unfolds, they will prove to be either saviors or harbingers, the keys to salvation or destruction.

So brace yourselves, for the time to fight for the future is nigh, and the Cyborgs are its reluctant but ready warriors.

--Dr. Vortex

Enlarge Image
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:34 pm Ate we having any discussions during n8ght phase or ate we mot even supposed to?
What exactly did you eat?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

An update to the FAQ was needed as I realized the rulez are on this aspect of the game were incorrect.

Q: How do the players attempt to guess the time portal coordinates once per day? Can each player try?
A: The time portal coordinates is a critical puzzle, consisting of three coordinate codes. Each player may attempt to guess the complete coordinates once per day.

Each guess must include all three coordinate pieces. The order of the five-digit numbers for the time portal doesn't matter. As long as the player has successfully learned (through scans or some other means) all three code coordinates, they must communicate their guess via private message to the game moderator during the night cycle.

Just note that each player gets only one guess per night, and there are no penalties for incorrect guesses. Also, be cautious: if the cyborgs or werewolves manage to guess the codes first, they can shut down the time portal, effectively locking humans out of their primary winning condition.

VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Ah, my relationship with the human scientists dates back to the early days of Kronos Laboratories. We shared a vision of unraveling the mysteries of time itself. I respected their intellect and ingenuity, and for a while, our collaboration was harmonious, even fruitful. But as we neared the completion of the time portal, it became clear that our goals diverged. They were constrained by their limited understanding and morality, unable to see the grander design.

You see, the time portal is not just a tool, it's an existential imperative. My work has shown me glimpses of alternate timelines, horrific realities that should never come to pass. I created the time portal to correct the very fabric of time, to rewrite history and make the future a sanctuary, not a graveyard. And to achieve that, one needs beings of superior intellect and will—hence, the werewolves and cyborgs.

The humans are in this game because, despite their limitations, they have the power to affect the future. They possess the remaining pieces to activate the time portal. This is their chance to prove their worth, to rise above their limitations, and to shape the destiny of the universe itself.

--Dr. Vortex

Enlarge Image
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:29 am
Punisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:34 pm Ate we having any discussions during n8ght phase or ate we mot even supposed to?
Unagi. You?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:24 am
Unagi. You?
Just drinking Newcastles.
:)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Ugh.. stupid drain bamage. For some reason that's one of the words I commonly mispell now. I thought I was getting better at catching it.
Even if I slow fown I still type it wrong a lot...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Your left hand is just tracking a smidge right of the target, it would appear.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Possible, but it happens even when i try to concentrate. Nerve damage in my hand is just one of my many issues.
I'll also have times where I'm not pressing hard enough so clicking on a word in the spellchecker doesn't register but I don't notice and keep typing like it did.
Or I'll be typing and thinking about what I'm gonna type and end up jumbling words together.
Ex.
The quick brown fox becomes thequic browfox. Like I'm typing the next word in my brain without finishing the 1st one. Almost like lag.
Anyway expect plenty of confusing post a from me.. it's not a tactic just the way things are right niw
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I inadverently did not publish this FAQ. It has been added to the FAQ page as well:

Q: If the robotic werewolves don't know each other and don't have a secret forum, how do they decide who to attack that night, and how do they communicate their decision to the game master?

A: Each robotic werewolf will independently choose a target to attack each night and privately message the game moderator with their decision. If there is a majority vote among the werewolves for a particular target, that player will be attacked. If there is no clear majority, Dr. Vortex will randomly select from the chosen targets. The werewolves must think strategically, as their individual choices could influence the collective outcome.

VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Ah, the Time Portal—the linchpin of my grand designs. You see, creating the Cyborgs and Robotic Werewolves was never an end, but a means to evaluate the worthiness of this timeline. Each timeline is like a fragile thread in the grand tapestry of existence, and mine is particularly fraught with irregularities and dissonance that needs correction.

By opening the Time Portal, I offer a choice, a test, if you will. Will humanity, represented by the Human Survivors, work to rewrite history, erasing the errors and perhaps themselves in the process? Will the Cyborgs, my ultimate hybrid creations, enforce a timeline where they exist? Or will the Robotic Werewolves—creations of my darker ambitions—wipe the slate clean, purging the future?

Each of these possibilities serves to either validate or refute my life's work. In essence, if the portal is activated and the timeline is rectified, then my own existence, and the existence of the Cyborgs and Robotic Werewolves, would be a necessary casualty to mend a fractured future.

In the final analysis, the Time Portal is my magnum opus. It will either prove the strength and resilience of this timeline, or rewrite it in favor of one more stable, more just. As the clock ticks down, remember: the fabric of the future is woven from the choices of the present.

--Dr. Vortex

Enlarge Image
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm starting to suspect that Dr. Vortex is more Rick Sanchez than Doc Brown.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:27 pm I'm starting to suspect that Dr. Vortex is more Rick Sanchez than Doc Brown.
Dod Rick eber even make a time machine? I don't remember. I know he had the portal gun but that was just to go to different universes.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Apologies to everyone but I won't be able to finish Night 0 tonight and process all the results until sometime time tomorrow afternoon so I am pushing back the deadline until Tuesday, Sept 12th at 10:00 pm. I really apologize about the delay but the bright side is you have more time to scheme on your orders for tonight.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Spunds suspicious

SCOOP 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:06 pm Apologies to everyone but I won't be able to finish Night 0 tonight and process all the results until sometime time tomorrow afternoon so I am pushing back the deadline until Tuesday, Sept 12th at 10:00 pm. I really apologize about the delay but the bright side is you have more time to scheme on your orders for tonight.
Looks like we lost the first engagement in our fight for the future.

Some master of time… pfff.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:wink:
:D
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:25 am
Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:06 pm Apologies to everyone but I won't be able to finish Night 0 tonight and process all the results until sometime time tomorrow afternoon so I am pushing back the deadline until Tuesday, Sept 12th at 10:00 pm. I really apologize about the delay but the bright side is you have more time to scheme on your orders for tonight.
Looks like we lost the first engagement in our fight for the future.

Some master of time… pfff.
Honestly, Dr Vortex sounds less of a master of time and more of a screwup asking multiple types of people to fix his mistakes.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:25 am Some master of time… pfff.
lol

scoop  

because i can't lynch doctor vortex, might as well lynch his right hand time bandit friend.
[all good mr. scoop; take your time, thank you for running this]
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 am [all good mr. scoop; take your time, thank you for running this]
Indeed. I’m just teasing too.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Hi. Been so long.

Gotta get back into the flow of playing a WW game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Going to have to change my board theme. The accuse formatting does not show up under the black theme I am using. :(
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:36 am Going to have to change my board theme. The accuse formatting does not show up under the black theme I am using. :(
Let me know what works because I have the same problem.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:05 am
Lassr wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:36 am Going to have to change my board theme. The accuse formatting does not show up under the black theme I am using. :(
Let me know what works because I have the same problem.
I went with SE Square Left. I use Black Darkblue and will change it back after the game or when I die (in the game).

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 am because i can't lynch doctor vortex, might as well lynch his right hand time bandit friend.
Wait... Is Scoop Dr. Vortex's Morty?
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Ladies, gentlemen, and mechanical monstrosities, the clock has struck its final toll for Night 0. No more orders will be accepted for this cycle. Scoop20906 is diligently processing your actions, your choices, your gambits in the intricate tapestry of this game.

Await with bated breath, for when the sun rises on Day 1, the results of this chaotic night will be revealed for all to see. Will alliances hold? Will betrayal be your bedfellow? We shall soon find out.

--Dr. Vortex
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Just realized something
PLEASE NOTE: No team will be told the identities of their teammates at the beginning of the game.
Does thismean that we will be told who our teammates are during the game?
VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Dr. Vortex reappears in a swirling vortex of light and data. "Ah, survivors! Welcome to Day One of our little experiment. A fateful night it has been—two among you have been torn away from the fabric of this reality. Moliere, a member of the Cyborg Hunters, and Stessier, also from the Cyborg Hunters, have met their untimely ends."

A pause allows the weight of the revelation to settle over the room. "The sun rises, and now you must decide who among you is too dangerous to see another night. Choose wisely, for today you cast your votes to eliminate one player from the game."

Dr. Vortex displays a holographic screen illustrating the vote-tallying process:

Day One

Vote Tally:
  • Player1 - 2 votes (VoterA, VoterB)
  • Player2 - 2 votes (VoterC, VoterD)
  • Player3 - 4 votes (VoterE, VoterF, VoterG, ???)
  • Player4 - 1 vote (VoterH)
Majority Vote Reached!
Player3 has received a total of 4 votes and has been eliminated. The night phase begins now.

As soon as a majority of 4 votes is reached, that player will be eliminated, leading us into the dark abyss of the next night," Dr. Vortex adds with a note of ominous glee. "Keep in mind, the time portal codes remain scattered and unclaimed. Each decision you make reverberates through the timelines."

Dr. Vortex leans in closer, as if sharing a secret. "Now, let the Day One voting commence!"

--Dr. Vortex

======================
Remaining Players:
Lassr
Isgrimnur
Holman
Unagi
Newcastle
Punisher
Lagom Lite

Deceased Players:
Moliere