This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Fight for the Future (ww) - Day Two

Post by Newcastle »

/newcastle leans forward in his lounge chair
/face screws in confusion
"What the sam hell?"

Wait, wait, wait....wolves can kill each other at night? I am flummoxed. Damn i need more drugs to play this game. Anyone got any baby aspirin? That should do it.

OR - someone went boom boom again. Wowzers.

so 2 wolves down.

So i received a portal code: 12345
I'm the other engineer. Let's blast this baby wide open.

Remaining Players:
Lassr
Holman
Unagi
Newcastle
Lagom Lite
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I am the remaining Cyborg Hunter - and I'm the scout-bot.

And, I observed Lassr last night.

I was informed that Lassr targeted Isgrimnur.

Lassr 

Unagi

Re: Fight for the Future (ww)

Post by Unagi »

Punisher
Lassr
Isgrimnur

Holman
Newcastle
Lagom Lite

Moliere
Unagi
Stessier

Really??
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman will be the scientist.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Heh. I wonder if Lassr was also thinking I was a wolf, and that's why he attacked Isgrimnur?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:binky:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Oh, and I observed stessier on Night 0.
He didn’t do anything. (Guessing he was Sniper, and was killed by commander)
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

It's not in Human interest to lynch anyone today.

I could for example protect Lassr, and the other Engineer could protect Unagi, giving us another night of code scans.

SCOOP, can we pass the vote? Lynching no one by majority? Like this:

pass 

?
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I'm not saying I buy Unagi's claim btw.

But the wolves are now neutered, and the Humans have the initiative. So there's no hurry any more.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Here's what I think happened last night:

Wolves targeted someone that I or Newcastle protected.

The Cyborg is either a Commander or a Sniper, and went ahead with the LIB plan, targeting Isgrimnur, who turned out to be the other Beta wolf.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Here's what I think about the state of the players:

Unagi is the remaining wolf. He is the Alpha wolf. A Wolven Lassr would not have targeted Isgrimnur tonight, he's played too many of these games to make that mistake - Isgrimnur was the only cover he had and there were other, juicier targets in play that could have won him the game (Newcastle, Holman, Unagi).

Lagom Lite is an Engineer. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Newcastle is the other Engineer. I can't think of a scenario, outside of very contrived ones, where he would gain anything by lying about his role and the code.

That means Lassr and Holman are the Scientist, and the remaining Cyborg. I don't know which is which.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scenario 1: Lynch the Scientist
Engineers protect wolf & cyborg
Wolf kills a Human
Cyborg maybe kills a Human
Day 3 - no new code info, dead Scientist.

Scenario 2: Lynch an Engineer
Other Engineer protects the wolf
Wolf may win by killing the Cyborg during the Night - 50% chance when choosing between Lassr or Holman.
Scientist gets another scan.

Scenario 3: Lynch the Wolf
Minor victory for Humans, Major victory for Cyborg

Scenario 4: Lynch the Cyborg
Major victory for Wolves.

Scenario 5: Lynch an Engineer
Other Engineer protects Lassr or Holman, but does not reveal which.
Remaining Cyborg is a Sniper (50% chance) and cannot Night kill.
Remaining Cyborg is a Commander (50%) and wins by killing the Wolf.
Wolf may win by killing the Cyborg during the Night - 25% chance when choosing between Lassr or Holman.
Wolf may kill the Scientist (25%)
Wolf may target a protected player and miss (50%)
Scientist gets another scan if still alive.

Soo, if we're in a gambling mood, we should lynch me (Scenario 5).

If we want to play it safe we should lynch Unagi and usher in a dystopian, Cyborg-controlled future (Scenario 3, minor victory).

Unless the Scientist already has two codes, and Newcastle's code is sufficient.

At any rate, no other players should some forward with their roles right now.
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:20 am Here's what I think happened last night:

The Cyborg is either a Commander or a Sniper, and went ahead with the LIB plan, targeting Isgrimnur, who turned out to be the other Beta wolf.
/downs a two baby aspirin

Yeah i concur lagom. I think possibly our protection worked last night. Should we think about revealing our protections? Could it help? Just thinking here I know it gives a clear path to the wolf for someone to hit. But it might reveal a nugget of info. Also odds are one of us survives till tomorrow.

We do have the initiative as well and no rush. But i do think we should lynch someone today from the pool of

unagi
lassr
holman

Also w/ the time code I think it sits w/ a player. So there should be 2 other codes out there at our disposal. I think. Maybe scientist has 2. But i think 3/5 players here are sitting on a time code. I think.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:17 am I'm not saying I buy Unagi's claim btw.

But the wolves are now neutered, and the Humans have the initiative. So there's no hurry any more.
If I die tonight, the wolves win.
I don't see any point not to 'test' my claim.

Why on earth is tomorrow better ?????
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:20 am The Cyborg is either a Commander or a Sniper, and went ahead with the LIB plan, targeting Isgrimnur, who turned out to be the other Beta wolf.
Nope.

The commander and sniper are dead, and as soon as it was made apparent that both other cyborg hunters were dead, I knew you were lying.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

interesting...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:20 am Here's what I think about the state of the players:

Unagi is the remaining wolf. He is the Alpha wolf. A Wolven Lassr would not have targeted Isgrimnur tonight, he's played too many of these games to make that mistake - Isgrimnur was the only cover he had and there were other, juicier targets in play that could have won him the game (Newcastle, Holman, Unagi).

Lagom Lite is an Engineer. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Newcastle is the other Engineer. I can't think of a scenario, outside of very contrived ones, where he would gain anything by lying about his role and the code.

That means Lassr and Holman are the Scientist, and the remaining Cyborg. I don't know which is which.
This happens so often. You did a really great job at the start of this, sincerely, but you are now running down a path of "WRONG".

I guess I will just ask you to reconsider, and I think I am correct that if you let me get killed YOU lose the game. So - you and I will lose this together, and it will be on you if you continue to insist that I am the alpha wolf.

In any case, I will ask you to reconsider (you, Holman, and Newcastle) and re-read this thinking three things. 1) I am the scout bot. 2)I didn't read that all the other cyborg hunters were killed on night 0. 3)Day 1 (In real life) for me was actually an insane day with one of my kids, and I probably should have not even engaged in the game because I was massively distracted.

There were maybe 1 or 2 places where I felt I may have exposed that, and I will point them out. (I don't expect this to be particularly compelling evidence, but - I wasn't exactly trying to drop hints)

Keeping in mind part #3 above, there was a moment (after I was educated on the 2 cyborg hunters being dead) that I realized you were lying, but I still had not wrapped my head around what you were up to:
Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:57 pm /remove vote on  Lagom Lite 

Lagom, you are saying that two Cyborgs are dead (well, Scoop told us that part) - and that you claim the living Cyborg is Newcastle - and that Newcastle is the Commander Cyborg.
Is that right?
and then here is when I finally caught up with everything (meanwhile you had totally reversed your lie and told everyone about your trap)

I add this:
Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:09 pm I feel like an ass for not reading the top of Scoops first post where he reveals that both night kills were the Cyborg Hunters.

Also - I just want to say (total aside, and this is to Scoop) that it's a little confusing to have the wolves be called "something-bot", but then to also have a Cyborg Hunter named "something-bot".
Because I kept getting confused with my stupid role name having "Bot" in it.

And an entire 15 minutes is the amount of time from when I finally caught up on the entire activity of Day 1 - and placed my vote down for Punisher. I hardly hesitated at all as soon as I understood the situation - and my only real concern was just trying to be sure what Punisher had done wasn't something that seemed like he was confused about, etc.

That's about all I have for ya.

True skill in this game is figuring out when people are sincere or manipulating.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So, I think Unagi maybe thought I would be at work today, but I work from home, and am able to play along.

So I did kill one of my buddies, but on night 0, as I ordered the death of Moliere, which turned out to be a Cyborg Hunter. :doh:
As I am The Cyborg Commander. Why did I kill Moliere night 0. The odds were I'd hit someone other than a Cyborg and No Risk No Reward...Ooops.

Last night I did target Isgrimnur, and I assume the wolves did also then as there was only 1 kill, unless the wolves kill is optional. Unagi cannot be Cyborg as 2 were lost on Night 0 and I am the last of the Cyborg Survivors.

So I think Unngi was hoping for rush to vote this morning before I could get online.

Unagi 

I know you humans want to win your freedom, but I'm a nice Cyborg Overlord.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:38 am So, I think Unagi maybe thought I would be at work today, but I work from home, and am able to play along.
That's kinda rude. The implication - but I'll let it slide. I'll expect an apology when the game is over.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:40 am
Lassr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:38 am So, I think Unagi maybe thought I would be at work today, but I work from home, and am able to play along.
That's kinda rude. The implication - but I'll let it slide. I'll expect an apology when the game is over.
I know most likely not true as you can't help when Scoop (I mean Dr Vortex) releases his results. But I mean, if I was at work on Fridays, it would have played right into your hands! :P

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:38 am
 Unagi 

And, just to remind everyone - Lassr may very well have a 2nd vote on me right now as well.

So, one more vote on me, and I would be dead.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:40 am Aroo! Aroo!
If you knew I was lying about being the Alpha-wolf, why did you vote for me? Didn't you realize I was trying to fool the wolves?
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Obviously, I am shooting for the shared win for Humans and Cyborg Hunters, so I would not like you all to think of that as a 'minor victory'.

And I read the scenarios you put forth and I think they are not great ideas at all. For one, I'm the damn Scout-bot, so you can stop making shit up where the Commander is going to do crap for you all, and if I get killed today or tonight - humans lose with me.

Also, not sure - but I did ask to be protected last night. Not sure if everyone caught that or not - but I tried to ask for protection without asking for protection.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 am
Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:40 am Aroo! Aroo!
If you knew I was lying about being the Alpha-wolf, why did you vote for me? Didn't you realize I was trying to fool the wolves?
You need to understand that I started reading at the point where I put my vote down for Lagom Lite, and then eventually got caught up as you all were still typing and adding things.

When you announced you were the wolf, I had No Idea you were lying because I had not realized that both my Cyborg Hunter teammates were dead. If you re-read that first morning - you will see where I am confused... and then a large gap - and I come back and I'm then catching up - and eventually I get caught up and vote for Punisher. It all happened in one morning, and I was distracted the entire time by 'child drama'.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My original call-out for the Sniper to shoot you - was sincere - I had no idea they were both dead.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Fyi, I dont plan on placing a vote down until we've really hashed this out. No rush in my mind.

SCOOP? Is the time portal guesses per game day? or one guess per person per day?

Uhm, I meant PAGING DOC Vortex!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Ok - read the rules. Humans get 1 guess per day.

Lagom W/ your blessing and after a bit of discussion I want to submit a time code guess to Doc. Vortex.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:10 am
Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:20 am Here's what I think happened last night:

Yeah i concur lagom. I think possibly our protection worked last night. Should we think about revealing our protections? Could it help? Just thinking here I know it gives a clear path to the wolf for someone to hit. But it might reveal a nugget of info. Also odds are one of us survives till tomorrow.

We do have the initiative as well and no rush. But i do think we should lynch someone today from the pool of

unagi
lassr
holman

Also w/ the time code I think it sits w/ a player. So there should be 2 other codes out there at our disposal. I think. Maybe scientist has 2. But i think 3/5 players here are sitting on a time code. I think.
Well we either lynch Unagi and win a minor victory, or lynch ME (or pass, if we're allowed to) and hope that Holman finds a code tonight. But that is a real gamble. Which I guess is more fun than just taking the easy win, so there's that.

I still have no codes. Your code is in the open (unless you're lying, which I don't believe you are). That means Holman needs to own two codes for us to win. If Holman currently owns NO code, we can't win a major victory and might as well lynch Unagi.
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:00 am

unagi
lassr
holman

Well we either lynch Unagi and win a minor victory, or lynch ME (or pass, if we're allowed to) and hope that Holman finds a code tonight. But that is a real gamble. Which I guess is more fun than just taking the easy win, so there's that.

I still have no codes. Your code is in the open (unless you're lying, which I don't believe you are). That means Holman needs to own two codes for us to win. If Holman currently owns NO code, we can't win a major victory and might as well lynch Unagi.
Lagom - are you just hell-bent on lynching me? Because if you are - I may as well do it for you and let you humans just die.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I get the distinct impression that you are convinced of me being the wolf. So, I'm fine with handing you the loss.

Seriously - let me know if you are even reading what I'm saying. Let me know if you are even going back and reading the start of the game at all.

Please - let me know, and I can just change my vote now.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:03 am
Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:00 am

unagi
lassr
holman

Lagom - are you just hell-bent on lynching me? Because if you are - I may as well do it for you and let you humans just die.
No, I'd rather get these damn time codes working.

Anyway, here's a follow-up question to why you voted for me (you pleaded ignorance): Why didn't you remove your vote for me when you realized that I was lying?

And a third question: Did you slip something in Lassr's soup? His wolf play seems uncharacteristically moronic; targeting a player who was almost certainly a fellow Wolf.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Looking at the Isgrimnur kill, wolf and I probably had the same thought in mind.

The list showing me and Issy as possible wolf from Unagi probably meant he thought one of us was the last Cyborg. He took a chance on issy since there was no Sniper shot yesterday and Issy did not show up until after the vote count. I picked Issy because I'm not a wolf and I didn't think it was Unagi.
Remaining Players:
Lassr - likely wolf **
Isgrimnur - likely wolf **
Holman - likely good *
Unagi - me
Newcastle - likely good *
Lagom Lite - very likely good ***
Last edited by Lassr on Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:58 am Ok - read the rules. Humans get 1 guess per day.

Lagom W/ your blessing and after a bit of discussion I want to submit a time code guess to Doc. Vortex.
You don't need my blessing, but maybe wait for Holman to check in. With any luck, he'll have the remaining codes and win us the game.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:04 am I get the distinct impression that you are convinced of me being the wolf. So, I'm fine with handing you the loss.

Seriously - let me know if you are even reading what I'm saying. Let me know if you are even going back and reading the start of the game at all.

Please - let me know, and I can just change my vote now.
To be fair to you, no, I'm not 100% certain that you are the Alpha-wolf. I'm never 100% certain of anything in these games. I felt great relief when Punisher turned out to be a wolf, even though that was about as sure-fire as it could get.

It's just that, from where we stand right now, it seems much more likely that you are the Alpha.

- You voted for me. Yes, you claimed it was because you didn't know any better, but that was your action all the same.
- You claimed to not have read the rules, which is consistent - I'll give you that - but it also explains why no Alpha-wolf contested me.
- You managed to scan Lassr tonight, and it JUST SO HAPPENS that Lassr was the Wolf. What luck! I mean, you could have scanned Isgrimnur, or Holman, or Newcastle. But noo, you just happened to scan the last remaining Wolf eh?
- Lassr night-killed Isgrimnur instead of a more likely cyborg target - you, Holman or Newcastle.

Now, I think it's quite likely that we Humans end up deciding to lynch me today rather than you or Lassr, so our Scientist get one more go at the night scan. It's just a bit more fun to end the game that way imo, with the added bonus of giving all factions a chance to win.

But if Newcastle and Holman instead want to go for the minor victory, I won't object.
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

@Lagom
Priority should be the codes I agree. Will wait. Very very curious to see what Holman has to say.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:10 amShould we think about revealing our protections?
I think it's more prudent not to.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Oh, and a message for Holman if he didn't think about this: Do NOT reveal your codes in the open thread - just send your guess to Scoop. Wolf or Cyborg could use revealed codes to shut down the time portal.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lassr wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:28 pm So, the commander was killed or he didn't kill last night. I assume wolf killed a wolf? ...oopsie. :lol:

I'm thinking Unagi. Was he protecting a fellow wolf yesterday and why was he twisting my words to say I said there was no risk in Lagom's play.
Now, this post actually gives me pause. Almost missed it.

Didn't you claim to be Commander, Lassr? Didn't you actually kill Isgrimnur? If you did, why did you write this?
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:58 am
Lassr wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:28 pm So, the commander was killed or he didn't kill last night. I assume wolf killed a wolf? ...oopsie. :lol:

I'm thinking Unagi. Was he protecting a fellow wolf yesterday and why was he twisting my words to say I said there was no risk in Lagom's play.
Now, this post actually gives me pause. Almost missed it.

Didn't you claim to be Commander, Lassr? Didn't you actually kill Isgrimnur? If you did, why did you write this?
Was i supposed to come out and say I was the commander? I was not trying to put a target on my head as the last Cyborg.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:49 am
Newcastle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:10 amShould we think about revealing our protections?
I think it's more prudent not to.
Agreed.

regarding the codes: I think I had issy's code. Because they repopulate if you die. I think that's how it works.

And oh my they can shut down the portal..egads..really need a law degree to digest these rules sometimes. :D
Bayraktar!!!!