Fight for the Future (ww) - Human's Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Fight for the Future (ww) - Day Two

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:55 am I'm hoping that no one sent another player a PM with codes without permission from Scoop. And also - I don't intend to imply I understand what the rules really are about this time code part of the game.

And, also - to the team that has every single thing go their way: you're getting a little greedy.
Actually Unagi, i kind of agree with you that passing the code to multiple people in 1 day is a game changer. And if Scoop says no, am fine with that. This is a new and confusing rule set. Not in a bad way, just a lot of dynamics to take into account. We'll refine the game for Vortex 2.0. There probably should be consequences for publicly sharing the codes; probably should be a way for wolves/borgs to be able to mess up the portal by us freely sharing the codes.

Yes a lot has gone just smooth for a certain team.... totally, totally get your frustrations right now. And actually am not ignoring you [you mention team human ignoring you earlier in a post]. Right now just watching your exchanges with much interest. For me for now, being quiet is better for absorbing what you say and contemplating it, just as I am Lassr's. So as the Police sing "..every breath you take..I'll be watching you"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:28 pm So, the commander was killed or he didn't kill last night. I assume wolf killed a wolf? ...oopsie. :lol:

I'm thinking Unagi. Was he protecting a fellow wolf yesterday and why was he twisting my words to say I said there was no risk in Lagom's play.
Why are we still ignoring this.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That was Lassr’s original reaction to the news that started our day.

Make no sense what he said to defend that.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:29 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:55 am And, also - to the team that has every single thing go their way: you're getting a little greedy.
FWIW, it's nothing personal. But the point is to play to win, right?

It's been a long time since I played in a three-team game. It's bound to be an odd dynamic.
I protected your team yesterday.
For only one reason, because we have a joint victory condition.

I’m in a position to lose the game for you all and you all don’t even want to talk about it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I will give you all until tonight, like 10pm to discuss this.

I think you all know it’s Lassr, but refuse to not “go for ultimate victory”, and my ear just hears: no deal.

So I can chose to lose to the wolves who were not around to defend themselves or leverage their original gains. Who were then unlucky enough to hit their own partner at night, but may have actually been an accidental act of camaraderie.

Or, I can chose to lose to the humans, who have used me only to peruse their own unblemished walk across the finish line without having to include anyone else in their victory.

Not really a hard choice, to be honest.

But I’d rather have a shared victory.

I’d suggest you think about this more than you’re time code or else I’m not going to feel like waiting.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You know stressier and Moliere had families you guys. Our wives are in book clubs together. Ffs.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:50 pm
Holman wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:29 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:55 am And, also - to the team that has every single thing go their way: you're getting a little greedy.
FWIW, it's nothing personal. But the point is to play to win, right?

It's been a long time since I played in a three-team game. It's bound to be an odd dynamic.
I protected your team yesterday.
For only one reason, because we have a joint victory condition.

I’m in a position to lose the game for you all and you all don’t even want to talk about it.
Talk about what? If you decide to lose us the game, YOU LOSE TOO. If you decide to throw the game, that's entirely on you. From our perspective, we don't know who is the Cyborg and who is the Wolf, even if you do. Trying for a Human Major victory isn't "greedy", it's quite rational.

It's perfectly possible that we won't be able to crack the time code today. If we don't, you and Lassr both get another chance to win.

If it makes you feel any better, I really do appreciate your efforts, and it does make me question my own assumptions about you and Lassr. I much prefer active players to silent ones, and you're certainly fighting tooth and nail for your cause right now. Keep it up.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:30 pm There probably should be consequences for publicly sharing the codes; probably should be a way for wolves/borgs to be able to mess up the portal by us freely sharing the codes.
I think? there is - but it's kinda a one-liner...
Time Portal Codes Rules:
Both Robotic Werewolves and Cyborg Hunters can collect these time code coordinates to prevent the Humans from unlocking the time portal.
not sure what that means, but I assume if any RW/CH team member submits to Scoop the three correct codes - then the time portal is locked down. That whole part of the game has been mostly off my radar until this all started.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:03 pm You know stressier and Moliere had families you guys. Our wives are in book clubs together. Ffs.
:binky:
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:06 pm Talk about what? If you decide to lose us the game, YOU LOSE TOO.
I'm a cyborg - they will just rebuild me.
You are all humans, play it like humans. Make your choice - but if I'm in a position to stop you from handing me a loss - by offering up MUTUAL PEACE - shouldn't I?
That's not throwing the game. This is a three-way game and my team has one avenue to win and it's about to be lost. From Lassr's (or if Lassr or you would rather... from "the Wolf's") perspective, I would be throwing this game if I sat around and let you all coordinate a 'time-win'. No?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:46 pm That was Lassr’s original reaction to the news that started our day.

As I said, was I supposed to come out and Say "Wow, looks like the commander and wolf targeted the same player!" :?:
I was trying to stay hidden from the last wolf.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: Fight for the Future (ww)

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:20 pm
Lassr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:57 am My question would be, if you are a Scout bot, you knew the Sniper was dead, and yet you asked for the Sniper to shoot quickly.
Sigh... I mean - you are kidding - right? I explained that a couple of times now - and only a wolf isn't reading that.
Yes, you did. And I understand what you said, and it is possible you made a quick statement about shooting Lagom without even reading/Comprehending Dr. Vortex's report...

And I explained my opening statement of today also.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:44 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:46 pm That was Lassr’s original reaction to the news that started our day.

As I said, was I supposed to come out and Say "Wow, looks like the commander and wolf targeted the same player!" :?:
I was trying to stay hidden from the last wolf.
Why though? The game is about to be over. Two wolves dead - Two Cyborg Hunters dead. Only One wolf left.

I most certainly didn't start this day with 1 wolf remaining and thinking I should probably not make it clear who I was - but you did start the day with that - and even worse you started the day with a declaration "So, the commander was killed or he didn't kill last night. " --- and then only later come up with the option that perhaps the commander killed the same person as the wolves.

That's odd.

Anyone who had just participated in that event would not have offered up your list of possibilities, omitting the one thing that they will then later need to tell people actually happened.

But, I don't get the impression I need to find more things that point to your guilt - I think they are set on keeping the game alive one more day so that they can do the time-portal thingy.

So, hold tight - you may win this thing yet.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:23 pm
Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:06 pm Talk about what? If you decide to lose us the game, YOU LOSE TOO.
I'm a cyborg - they will just rebuild me.
Who will rebuild you? The other robot faction? Face it buddy, your only shot at survival is to keep us alive, and pray we can't get this damn time contraption working (kicks the side of the portal furiously). Your only other choice is permanent shutdown.

They sure installed a hefty amount of emotion chips into you robotic monstrosities.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

(I'm having a lot of fun btw - and I hope you're not taking anything personally Unagi - we haven't been playing these kinds of games for a long time and part of it is pressing and pushing each other to slip up. Love ya, man :mrgreen: )
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:03 pm You know stressier and Moliere had families you guys. Our wives are in book clubs together. Ffs.
So now I wonder if one of the wives hacked an account/or arm twisted the other wife to get their respective husband dead on Night 0 so the husband could work on the honey do list. That's my take on what you said Unagi! :lol: [and its amazing the social connections here on the board; i never knew that you folks were that close].

For what its worth i read you more borg than wolf. I've also not gone down the deep end on all the victory conditions. This game is a wee bit confusing at times, but pleasantly so. I was more focused this AM on understanding the portal. Lots of nuances here. You are making valid points. However, am not happy about your forced deadline.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:15 pm (I'm having a lot of fun btw - and I hope you're not taking anything personally Unagi - we haven't been playing these kinds of games for a long time and part of it is pressing and pushing each other to slip up. Love ya, man :mrgreen: )
Ditto
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

If Scoop allows us to Pass the lynch, we could drag this out another day to allow Holman another scan (Lassr and Unagi could target each other, so Engineers would protect them both as to deny either of them the win).

But if Scoop rules that we MUST lynch, there is only any point to lynching me if Unagi is telling the truth and is, in fact, the Scout - Newcastle would then need to protect Unagi tonight, while Holman scans Lassr or Unagi. Holman may be eaten by Lassr in this scenario, but his codes (including any new one he may find) may in turn pass to Newcastle, with any luck.

Tomorrow, Unagi and Newcastle ally to lynch Lassr unless Newcastle winds up with all three codes.

If we think Lassr is the Cyborg, on the other hand, we might as well lynch Unagi today.

At any rate, we'll wait for answers from Dr Vortex and make our time portal code guesses first.
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well, I can say this:

If Lassr and I both magically actually make it through the night...

Lassr will be alive, and I will be able to tell everyone the action of one of the humans before they reveal it - I would just need to be sure to pick a human that wasn't killed.

If Lassr was the commander - they would not want me protected tonight - so that he could prove to everyone that I was the last wolf - and use his Commander power to end the game.
Also, as the wolf - Lassr would not want me protected tonight - so he could just eat me - and end the game.
Either if you think Lassr is wolf or Commander, if I had no protection and he knew it, he would kill me tonight. And if you think that I am the wolf or the scout-bot, the game will end with my death.

At most there is only one more day in this game (and I'm probably being a fool and it's already over).... But, if this time-portal thing wasn't in the game, and we needed to just win it like a normal game - you would eventually see that there was never a night with 2 kills in it again. That's not ever going to be exposed though.

Lassr started the day with the statement he made, because he did indeed "Oopsie", and also because he didn't know what he should claim.

I think he needed to be sure the Sniper wasn't still in the game though if he was about to claim to be the last Cyborg Hunter (because if I had come out as Sniper - he needed to be able to hide behind one of you), and so he couldn't do that until he was finally certain the Sniper wasn't in the game.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:11 pm Who will rebuild you? The other robot faction? Face it buddy, your only shot at survival is to keep us alive,
I don't think for a minute I have that shot beyond today - so , you have that problem to address -IMO.

and - I'm super cool with it all this too, btw.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:25 pm
So now I wonder if one of the wives hacked an account/or arm twisted the other wife to get their respective husband dead on Night 0 so the husband could work on the honey do list. That's my take on what you said Unagi! :lol: [and its amazing the social connections here on the board; i never knew that you folks were that close].
Heh no. :)
Sorry to have confused ya there.

I’m just roleplaying my relationship with the other cyborg hunters. I’ve got three people to play for here.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:05 pm

I’m just roleplaying my relationship with the other cyborg hunters. I’ve got three people to play for here.
I'm curious. Do you sit around a giant cog, sipping oil from delicate china, pinky in the air? Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland kind of stuff? Artifice imitating life, that kind of deal? (drops a crowbar on the floor with a heavy clang after trying to pry the Portal panel off)

I tell ya, it's not what I went to MIT for.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:15 pm (I'm having a lot of fun btw - and I hope you're not taking anything personally Unagi - we haven't been playing these kinds of games for a long time and part of it is pressing and pushing each other to slip up. Love ya, man :mrgreen: )
Ditto
I mean this worked out perfectly with Unagi vs Lassr. Just like the good ole days. :wub:

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Too true
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That’s a bit of the charm, to me, about handing you my head today.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:10 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:05 pm

I'm curious. Do you sit around a giant cog, sipping oil from delicate china, pinky in the air? Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland kind of stuff? Artifice imitating life, that kind of deal? (drops a crowbar on the floor with a heavy clang after trying to pry the Portal panel off)

I tell ya, it's not what I went to MIT for.
That’s silly.
We generally have inductive charging cushions in our chairs, and we drink water to keep the living organs in in our system hydrated, just like you.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

You know, I've got a little Werewolf alternative ruleset of my own planned out and ready to go, if Punisher and the rest of you wants to get some more brain' trainin' on.

It's, er, somewhat experimental, I'm afraid. You know me, I'm all about cracking dem systems. It's in the vein of Scoops' WW brain teasers, but instead of choosing a faction right away you sort of choose as you play, emergent faction building. Don't know how well it would work in practice, but I could draft up a treatise and post it in the forum game thread, if enough people are interested. I don't think I need more than 8 or 9 players for it, although fewer than that wouldn't work very well I think.
Is there anyone in hell?

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:33 pm You know, I've got a little Werewolf alternative ruleset of my own planned out and ready to go, if Punisher and the rest of you wants to get some more brain' trainin' on.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Punisher wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:48 pm
Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:33 pm You know, I've got a little Werewolf alternative ruleset of my own planned out and ready to go, if Punisher and the rest of you wants to get some more brain' trainin' on.
I take that as a "yes" :wub:

(Sorry/not sorry for getting you killed so early :horse: )
Is there anyone in hell?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Day Two Votes

Vote Tally:
  • Unagi - 2 votes (Lassr, ??)
Majority Vote of 3 votes is needed.
(Am I right?)

======================
Remaining Players:
Lassr
Holman
Unagi
Newcastle
Lagom Lite

Deceased Players:
Moliere
Stessier
Punisher
Isgrimnur
======================
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Time Portal Codes Rules:
  • Three 5-digit time portal codes are initially assigned to random players, except the Scientist.
  • Players holding a time code coordinate know they have it and may choose to reveal this at their discretion.
  • The Scientist can scan living players at night to find a time code coordinate.
  • If a player with a time code coordinate is killed, the code is reassigned to another living player.
  • Both Robotic Werewolves and Cyborg Hunters can collect these time code coordinates to prevent the Humans from unlocking the time portal.
  • Each player can guess the full set of codes once per day. Guesses should be communicated privately to the game moderator.
  • Incorrect guesses have no direct consequences.
  • Players can pass their code to another player, but this must be announced publicly in the main game thread.
===

Q: How do the time portal coordinates work?
A: The time portal coordinates consist of three pieces, each initially assigned randomly to one of the nine players at the start of the game, except the Scientist. Players holding a coordinate piece are aware that they possess it, and it's part of the game's intrigue to decide when or if to reveal this information.

The Scientist, though excluded from receiving a coordinate piece at the start, can scan living players each night to find one piece of the portal coordinates if the scanned player holds one. The Scientist may also be randomly assigned a coordinate piece if a player holding one is killed.

If a player holding a coordinate piece is killed, the coordinate is not lost. Instead, it is randomly assigned to a new living player, maintaining the possibility of unlocking the time portal.

Both the Robotic Werewolves and Cyborg Hunters can hinder the Humans from unlocking the portal by acquiring all three coordinates themselves.

These dynamics create a complex and strategic play environment, where the coordinates serve as a key element around which alliances, betrayals, and clever tactics may unfold.

===

Q: How do the players attempt to guess the time portal coordinates once per day? Can each player try?
A: The time portal coordinates is a critical puzzle, consisting of three coordinate codes. Each player may attempt to guess the complete coordinates once per day.

===

Q: I have a time portal coordinates . Can I secretly pass it to another player?
A: In our time-tangled game, the passing of a time portal coordinates is a matter of great importance and scrutiny. You may indeed choose to pass your 5-digit coordinate piece to another player, but such an exchange must be made publicly in the main game thread.

By announcing the coordinates for all to see, you make a bold move, perhaps forging alliances or sowing distrust. The decision to share or keep your coordinate piece is a strategic choice, fraught with potential risks and rewards. Use this power wisely, for it may shape the course of the game!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:49 pm Day Two Votes

Vote Tally:
(Am I right?)

Implications abound.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That's not to you, Scoop - that's to the humans here.

I believe I have a good argument to end this game if you guys don't move now for a shared victory.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:03 pm

Vote Tally:
(Am I right?)

Implications abound.
Indeed

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Vote Tally:
(Am I right?)

Implications abound.
Holy shit, yep, that'll do it.

Lassr is the Wolf.
Is there anyone in hell?

VexingVortex22

Post by VexingVortex22 »

Enlarge Image

Dr. Vortex's holographic avatar flickers into existence, the swirling vortex of light and data momentarily intensifying. "Ah, it appears we've reached an impasse, a knotted cluster of indecision in the tapestry of timelines. Allow me to introduce a new variable into our equation."

The room grows darker as Dr. Vortex commands attention. "If you, the remaining players, cannot come to a majority decision on whom to eliminate, I shall take matters into my own nanite-laced hands. All your hard-fought votes will be nullified, and I will select one of you at random for elimination."

A mischievous glint appears in his eyes. "There is no set deadline for when this randomized culling will occur. I will be monitoring your interactions in the main game forum, and if I sense that progress has stagnated, well... let's just say your fates will be sealed by the roll of the quantum dice."

Dr. Vortex leans back, as if relishing the added layer of chaos. "This game is nearing its critical juncture, a time for tough choices. Will you rise to the occasion or leave your fates to randomness?"

He grins, a calculated show of teeth. "Now then, shall we proceed?"

--Dr. Vortex
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:05 pm That's not to you, Scoop - that's to the humans here.

I believe I have a good argument to end this game if you guys don't move now for a shared victory.
Hey if you want to DEFINITELY lose, go ahead. If you want a chance to win, watch us fumble about for a while first.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:11 pm

Vote Tally:
(Am I right?)

Implications abound.
Holy shit, yep, that'll do it.

Lassr is the Wolf.
Hi. My turn to fumble these fucking rules.... :lol:

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

VexingVortex22 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:12 pm Enlarge Image

Dr. Vortex's holographic avatar flickers into existence, the swirling vortex of light and data momentarily intensifying. "Ah, it appears we've reached an impasse, a knotted cluster of indecision in the tapestry of timelines. Allow me to introduce a new variable into our equation."

The room grows darker as Dr. Vortex commands attention. "If you, the remaining players, cannot come to a majority decision on whom to eliminate, I shall take matters into my own nanite-laced hands. All your hard-fought votes will be nullified, and I will select one of you at random for elimination."

A mischievous glint appears in his eyes. "There is no set deadline for when this randomized culling will occur. I will be monitoring your interactions in the main game forum, and if I sense that progress has stagnated, well... let's just say your fates will be sealed by the roll of the quantum dice."

Dr. Vortex leans back, as if relishing the added layer of chaos. "This game is nearing its critical juncture, a time for tough choices. Will you rise to the occasion or leave your fates to randomness?"

He grins, a calculated show of teeth. "Now then, shall we proceed?"

--Dr. Vortex
At least give us a deadline. Hardly seems fair otherwise.
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ok Newcastle, Holman, Lagom Lite.

You guys have to act - or an act will be made for you.

I suggest you vote for Lassr, with your next post. I'll even let you all do it without me if you all would like to take full credit.