LordMortis

Re: The Impeachment of Joe Biden

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:47 am this is high-larious

That was crazy well done.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Those scrolling banners, holy shit. No wonder conservatives have an alternate reality.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Also.. Weren’t these text messages from 2017 and 2018 when Biden wasn’t in power as VP or Potus?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, there is a lot of headline material out there right now telling me that Hunter Biden is pushing to testify publicly before the impeachment inquiry.

I'm sure this is like giving the Borg an impossible 3D shape to process, as someone willingly wanting to provide public testimony is like a winged unicorn.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Biden continues the War on Christmas(TM).

Definitely impeachable.

“National Christmas tree topples in gusty DC winds“
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:11 am So, there is a lot of headline material out there right now telling me that Hunter Biden is pushing to testify publicly before the impeachment inquiry.

I'm sure this is like giving the Borg an impossible 3D shape to process, as someone willingly wanting to provide public testimony is like a winged unicorn.
Yesterday they said he is pushing for a public deposition and the GOP Congress is saying "no. It must be behind closed doors."
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:45 am
Unagi wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:11 am So, there is a lot of headline material out there right now telling me that Hunter Biden is pushing to testify publicly before the impeachment inquiry.

Yesterday they said he is pushing for a public deposition and the GOP Congress is saying "no. It must be behind closed doors."
Yeah, I've never in my life heard of something like that. I could see a spy being forced to give testimony behind closed doors even if the spy wanted all of the information he collected to be made public, but this isn't that.
This is years of GOP telling us that the Bidens are up to no good, but now they don't want anyone to hear the details... What a laugh.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:49 am
LordMortis wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:45 am

Yeah, I've never in my life heard of something like that. I could see a spy being forced to give testimony behind closed doors even if the spy wanted all of the information he collected to be made public, but this isn't that.
This is years of GOP telling us that the Bidens are up to no good, but now they don't want anyone to hear the details... What a laugh.
By contrast, Republicans burst into a private hearing during the Ukraine whistleblower (and eventual impeachment) scandal during the Trump era due to the importance of public hearings.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Bah! :grund:
I had put that memory aside.

I've heard FOX News push back with arguments like "This is Hunter Biden's need to be in the spotlight..." :roll: and "There was a time and place for Hunter Biden to tell his story to the public, it's called '60 Minutes' !"
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

What a transparent witch hunt. Hunter should demand a public hearing as they’ll selectively leak any fig leaf and overlook anything else. Only by a public hearing will he have a chance.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Rep. Comer today or yesterday told a reporter that they couldn't have a public hearing becomes the Democrats would disrupt it with shouting and screaming.

My GOP Decoder Ring informs me that "shouting and screaming" means "stating facts."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

They don't even care if the projection is blatantly obvious anymore.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:20 pm They don't even care if the projection is blatantly obvious anymore.
There is a long list of Democrats like MTG and that "Shut Up" lady from North Carolina are famous for ignorantly trying to shout down things with no respect for decorum that they don't like.
waitingtoconnect

I want to see an investigation into the turkeys Biden pardoned. I’m fairly sure one of them used to work for Fawni Willis.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Yesterday the Tepublicans announced they found bank transfers from Hunter to Joe Biden. Turns out there were three of them, each for the massive amount of $1,389. But notes on the entry from Hunter’s famous laptop indicated that they were repayments of money Joe loaned Hunter so he could buy a truck. You just can’t make this stuff up.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Americans are over an impeachment of Biden, as independents flee the cause: poll
According to a Morning Consult poll, voters are slightly more likely to support Republicans moving forward, 44% support launching impeachment proceedings compared to 40% who do not. But since September, independents and even some Republican voters have soured on the investigation.

Among independents, 43% are opposed to moving forward with the investigation, compared to September when it was just 36%. As for Republicans, there was slight 3 percentage point drop in support from 73% in September.
White House spokesperson Ian Sams pointed out Morning Consult's findings.

"This comes just days after another new poll found that, by a 48-POINT MARGIN, Americans in key swing districts believe House Republicans have 'prioritized the wrong things' (20% right things, 68% wrong things)," Sams wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter. "As the President likes to say: 'Lots of luck in your senior year!'"
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yes, as he will point out - he and his Biden impeachment are indeed merely the byproduct of that bitter and irreparable damage. The stage was set, and he is now just following the script handed to him by the democrats when they went forward with their Trump impeachment.

I assume.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Checks in on GOP Impeachment tv show... yup.
The House Rules Committee was considering whether to advance a vote on a formal impeachment inquiry to the House floor, which it did along party lines. In the course of the debate, Rep. Joe Neguse (D-Colo.) had a pretty basic question for his Republican colleagues.

“What is the specific constitutional crime that you’re investigating?” Neguse asked Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pa.).

“Well, we’re having an inquiry so we can do an investigation to compel the production of witnesses and documents,” Reschenthaler said.

Neguse, who served as a House prosecutor during President Donald Trump’s first impeachment trial, pressed again: “And what is the crime you’re investigating?”

Reschenthaler responded merely, “High crimes, misdemeanors and bribery.” It was a reference to the constitutional threshold for impeachment, not a specific offense.

“What high crime and misdemeanor are you investigating?” Neguse asked.

“Look,” Reschenthaler said, “once I get time, I will explain what we’re looking at.”
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Playing the Shell Game, Demolition Man style.
Victoria Raverna

This is an example of a real witch hunt.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

More of a fishing expedition.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Nah, it's still what it ALWAYS was, a PR Stunt to eat newscycles and feed red meat to the base

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It also retroactively delegitimizes Trump's impeachment.

"Sure, our impeaching Biden is bullshit, but doesn't that mean ALL impeachments have been bullshit??"
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:49 pm Nah, it's still what it ALWAYS was, a PR Stunt to eat newscycles and feed red meat to the base
I think it's less about the base and more about sowing doubt in the fence-sitters, or those that were willing to vote for Biden but didn't really want to. They don't need to turn those people to (probably) Trump, they just need to make them not want to vote.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Or funny version:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I guess keep trying:
House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) and House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) are suggesting that President Biden may have “engaged in a conspiracy to obstruct a proceeding of Congress” if he knew that his son Hunter Biden planned to defy a congressional subpoena.

In a Wednesday letter to Edward Siskel, a White House counsel and assistant to the president, the committee chairs requested documents and communications from employees of the Executive Office of the President regarding the deposition of Hunter Biden.

Comer and Jordan pointed to a statement from White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre to justify their suspicion of obstruction and said it “could constitute an impeachable offense.”
Someone should seriously be asking Jim Jordan about his refusal to appear, but I guess that's not important right now.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nothing says high crimes and misdemeanors like ... checks notes ... maybe having known things.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Victoria Raverna

While they can't find any evidence about Biden. There are plenty evidence about Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/us/p ... eport.html
Donald J. Trump’s businesses received at least $7.8 million from 20 foreign governments during his presidency, according to new documents released by House Democrats on Thursday that show how much he received from overseas transactions while he was in the White House, most of it from China.

The transactions, detailed in a 156-page report called “White House For Sale” that was produced by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee, offer concrete evidence that the former president engaged in the kind of conduct that House Republicans have labored, so far unsuccessfully, to prove that President Biden did as they work to build an impeachment case against him.

Using documents produced through a court fight, the report describes how foreign governments and their controlled entities, including a top U.S. adversary, interacted with Trump businesses while he was president. They paid millions to the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.; Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas; Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York; and Trump World Tower at 845 United Nations Plaza in New York.

The Constitution prohibits federal officeholders from accepting money, payments or gifts “of any kind whatever” from foreign governments and monarchs unless they obtain “the consent of the Congress” to do so. The report notes that Mr. Trump never went to Congress to seek consent.

House Democrats highlighted the transactions on Thursday as a counterweight to Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into Mr. Biden, which has sought to tie him to international business deals by his son Hunter Biden before his father became president in a bid to prove corruption or influence peddling. They have so far failed to show that President Biden was enriched in any way by any of those transactions.

“By elevating his personal financial interests and the policy priorities of corrupt foreign powers over the American public interest, former President Trump violated both the clear commands of the Constitution and the careful precedent set and observed by every previous commander in chief,” Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, wrote in a foreword to the report.

Among the countries patronizing Mr. Trump’s properties, China made the largest total payment — $5.5 million — to his business interests, the report found. Those payments included millions of dollars from China’s Embassy in the United States, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and the Hainan Airlines Holding Company.

Saudi Arabia was the second-largest spender, shelling out more than $615,000 at the Trump World Tower and Trump International Hotel.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Heh.
ouse Republicans are increasingly disenchanted with Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., saying his leadership of the Biden impeachment inquiry has become a "clueless investigation" at best and — at worst — "a disaster."

Less than 10 months away from the 2024 election, his impeachment investigation is barreling toward its conclusion, with no smoking gun to bring the president to his knees. Only one thing is clear: Comer, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, has lost the trust of some in his own party.

“One would be hard pressed to find the best moment for James Comer in the Oversight Committee,” one House Republican lawmaker, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to maintain internal relationships, told The Messenger. “It’s been a parade of embarrassments.”

waitingtoconnect

He just needs to be impeached three times.

1. Leaving the toilet seat up.
2. Being catholic.
3. For stealing the 2020 election
Victoria Raverna

I guess impeach him for supporting Israel commit genocide doesn't work?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:25 pm I guess impeach him for supporting Israel commit genocide doesn't work?
Dealing with a complex international political situation with almost a century of convolution and wide-ranging impacts =/= 'supporting.'
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

VR has forgotten that Republican Party has taken the position that the U.S. President is literally immune from prosecution. Any such action would require Republican votes, and go far beyond even what the U.N. might consider.

But it's the same arguments the radical left tried (and failed) to make against Presidents Reagan and Bush when the U.S. conducted active military operations under their direction.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:17 am VR has forgotten that Republican Party has taken the position that the U.S. President is literally immune from prosecution. Any such action would require Republican votes, and go far beyond even what the U.N. might consider.

But it's the same arguments the radical left tried (and failed) to make against Presidents Reagan and Bush when the U.S. conducted active military operations under their direction.
Also that the GOP want to support Israel, and want to say the donkeys support Hamas and show evidence by showing they aren't willing to spend more on Israel support bundling it with border control spending while divorcing it from all other spending.

While I get hypocrisy means next to nothing for the modern GOP, but next to is that same nothing at all.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

The Biden impeachment has sure stalled. I'm beginning to think it might be theater.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

No, no....bear with them. They JUST found a hand written note from Hunter written when he was 8 that seems to indicate he owes his daddy "100 kisses". They're trying to see if China was involved now.
He won. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

:D
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'm sure this was all setup by the deep state.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/15/politics ... index.html
Special counsel David Weiss charged a former FBI informant with lying about President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden’s involvement in business dealings with Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings, undercutting a major aspect of Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into the president.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Boy, they must be running low on major aspects of that impeachment inquiry.