Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

OO Boardgamers, what did you play this weekend?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

coopasonic

Re: OO Boardgamers, what did you play this weekend?

Post by coopasonic »

My oldest and I played through the first set of scenarios for Crack the Code and we had a lot of fun with it. It's basically a co-op puzzle game along the lines of Hanabi, but a bit easier. There is hidden information (your "hand", just like Hanabi) so it's at least resistant to alpha player syndrome.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mrs. Skinypupy and I connected last night with a new couple in the neighborhood who are big board gamers. We played Quacks of Quedlinburg for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. Even Mrs. Skinypupy loved it, which is a huge step forward as she typically hates board games. Now I'm bummed because it seems nearly impossible to find through any of my usual online gaming stores. :(

I know I kinda poo-pooed it a bit after my first attempt, but I picked up the iOS version of Wingspan. I actually quite enjoyed playing a digital version, especially since its one that would be too complex for anyone at my house to pick up.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Black lives matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:27 pm Mrs. Skinypupy and I connected last night with a new couple in the neighborhood who are big board gamers. We played Quacks of Quedlinburg for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. Even Mrs. Skinypupy loved it, which is a huge step forward as she typically hates board games. Now I'm bummed because it seems nearly impossible to find through any of my usual online gaming stores. :(
FWIW, you can order Quacks of Quedlinburg directly from CMYK. So you can at least feel gratified about directly supporting "a tiny game design studio and publisher" of one of the rare few games your trouble & strife enjoys playing.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster