OO Zoom Minis Painting Meetup Saturday, Sept. 19.

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

OO Zoom Minis Painting Meetup Saturday, Sept. 19.

Post by hentzau »

Planning on doing some more painting this Saturday if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM. Starting around 8 Central.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
YellowKing

Re: OO Zoom Minis Painting Meetup Saturday, Sept. 19.

Post by YellowKing »

I threw my name in the hat again. I really want to make it to one of these, as I have a lot of projects going on. Finishing up my last three FALLOUT: THE BOARD GAME miniatures and just started on the MARVEL UNITED minis.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Even though I'm painting the most boring miniatures in my collection, I'm in again. So far, let's see... rock walls, barrels, crates, a cart. I suppose this week will be the old well or the big rock!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'm still slogging my way through ships. But I have a couple of Fallout Wasteland Warfare minis primed and ready to go too.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Bump this up in case anyone wants to come hang out. Just let me know! See you folks at 8!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had fun again tonight, thanks! What I was trying to remember was clear silicone caulk. I've seen some really cool, and really simple water effects done with it, using nothing but the cault, a little blue (or green, or whatever) ink, and a popsicle stick to swirl/sculpt it. It'd be a very inexpensive way to add waves to a clear acrylic base, or to an island piece.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Purely coincidental that I have recently been watching some videos on creating water terrain and while most modelers seem to use complex processes with resins that create phenomenal effects, I did find a video showing a pretty cool and easy technique a few months ago.

Water Terrain
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Tonight’s work...the beginnings of the French fleet.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Tao wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:54 am Purely coincidental that I have recently been watching some videos on creating water terrain and while most modelers seem to use complex processes with resins that create phenomenal effects, I did find a video showing a pretty cool and easy technique a few months ago.

Water Terrain
Semi-coincidentally, I just watched that same video a few hours ago while trying to remember what the material was that I had previously seen people use.