Warlords III: Darklords Rising just released...

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Zenn7

Re: Warlords III: Darklords Rising just released...

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 70 sent to Ralph.

Unless one of you fine gentlemen has altered your strategy, I believe we are slowly losing ground.

Time to deviate a little to see if the situation can be improved somehow.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sorry on the slow turnaround; fell off my radar. One question, though: how does you raze a city that you’ve occupied for awhile? Was seeing if that was an option but the raze button was greyed out, both on the troop stack menu and on the city menu.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Sorry on the slow turnaround; fell off my radar. One question, though: how does you raze a city that you’ve occupied for awhile? Was seeing if that was an option but the raze button was greyed out, both on the troop stack menu and on the city menu.
Raze is set for this game to only be active when you capture the city.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Late post, but turn 71 to Nick over the weekend!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 71 sent to Ralph.

There's a mean looking guy just over on our side of the bridge. :(
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Whoops - sorry. This just slipped off my radar. Will try to get to my turn in the next day or two.
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Love thy enemies. :wink:

Turn 72 to Pyperkub.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

T72 to Nick!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 72 sent to Ralph.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

T73 to Nick!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I gotta say, for units that are supposed to have +whatever% vs cities, those ballista things really died a lot.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 73 sent to Ralph.

Aanswered the question of whether JIHAD and the other couple spells the wizard cast would give my army a chance. Didn't even kill one of superman's troops. :(

Fortunately, I have a summoner hero again, now to get him powered up before he dies.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

VeryImage

Then....
on June 21, at 7:04 pm, I received turn 73 from Ralph-Wiggum.
...and found someone had poked the soft, white underbelly of my empire. Tsk,tsk.
Turn 74 to Pyperkub.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 74 to Nick!

My apologies for the delay - tweaked my neck and back last week and wasn't up to much of anything.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Looks like Zenn7's force got massacred out on the front line. Good luck to you guys there. I took out about three stacks of skeletons on the bridge, but there's still a bunch of guys on the way, and they look tougher than the chaff.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 74 sent to Ralph.

I've been massacred in every engagement I've had with Dave. Think I've killed 1-2 of his troops.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Bump?

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It took some time to get to it, but I sent out my latest turn on Sunday or Monday. I don't think the Wiggumites are long for this world...
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:47 pm ...I don't think the Wiggumites are long for this world...
The way things have been going the last couple years I may not be long for this world either.
Just got home from a seven-day stay in the hospital.
I will get to my turn, Shortly.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Dave Allen wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:47 pm ...I don't think the Wiggumites are long for this world...
The way things have been going the last couple years I may not be long for this world either.
I will get to my turn, Shortly.
You can't leave the world now, that'd be a lousy way to end the game. We'll just have to make sure this game lasts a few more decades before you can go.

Seriously, I hope whatever is going on works out well for you. Thoughts and well wishes for the real you.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Thanks for your humor... and genuine concern Zenn7. I'm just a little depressed with this drainage hose coming out of my paunch. I'll feel much better when they take it out, probably Monday or Tuesday, and I can go back to work.
Meanwhile...
Turn 75 to Pyperkub.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Get well soon Dave the Warlord!

Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Heal quickly Dave!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Dave Allen wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm
That is a much better excuse for not getting to your turn than my usual "I forgot". I hope you feel better soon!
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

T75 to Nick - hope the recovery is going well Dave!

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

A week ago I was in the hospital with an iv in my arm. Today, wife and I took the NRA basic pistol safety course. I got to shoot a .38 revolver and a 9mm Glock. It was great fun. Even a decrepit 67 year old can still have new experiences. :wink:
Thanks, guys for all your kindness and concern!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 75 sent to Ralph-Wiggum.

I think I'm secretly in an alliance with Dave where my part is to help power up his hero by feeding him stacks of XP.

Cause that sounds a heck of a lot better than "All my troops are being mowed down like blades of grass by the Lawnmower man".
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Dave Allen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:21 am A week ago I was in the hospital with an iv in my arm. Today, wife and I took the NRA basic pistol safety course. I got to shoot a .38 revolver and a 9mm Glock. It was great fun. Even a decrepit 67 year old can still have new experiences. :wink:
Thanks, guys for all your kindness and concern!
Great to hear! Glad you are out and about!

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 76 to Nick!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Aww man, you should have razed that city instead. Now he's just going to come back and recapture it.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 76 sent to Ralph.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:36 pm Aww man, you should have razed that city instead. Now he's just going to come back and recapture it.
As it is said, so is it done. Prophet NickAragua has spoken.

Turn 77 to Pyperkub

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 77 to Nick.

Thought the hero was on the other side of the map (and screwed up my reinforcements timing) . Teleportation maybe.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 77 to Ralph.

Keep his hero busy, maybe the rest of us can do something! :)
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Looks like he's pushing up into the north east, so we better get things in gear, or else.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I'm in San Diego taking care of my mom, so I probably won't have my next turn in until Thursday.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

No worries.

Hope Mom's OK.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 78 sent to Ralph.

Dave, thank you for moving your Warlord north again! :evil:
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 79 sent to Ralph.

Keep going north for a couple more turns Dave. :)