Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

TheMix

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:10 am Are the Kurita mechs under the "1st Octopus Overlords" name in MegaMek?
You just need to remember which one is you (like I had to do for Crusader CRD-3L vs CRD-3R)
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 25 heat, sinks 27 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
I'm assuming you are the MAD-5SO.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Also, wow! You are a heat sinking monster! :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

If a forest is on fire, does the smoke + forest in that square mean that it's +2 to hit through that square? So like if I back up into 3121, can I hit the vulture in 2016?
Black Lives Matter.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Wait, did the Ryoken hit me with an over-the-shoulder ERLL?

Moley, are you going to keep up the saga of backstabbing that Mad Cat? I think you could jump point blank, fire and melee.

The Awesome should finally have a decent shot at the Thor now. Slippery bugger has been at +4/+5 the entire bloody game.

Nick, can the ARC-2R fire LRMs at the prone Ryoken while still melee-ing the Thor?

Also, can I puposefully jump in a non-straight line to proc 5 hexes of movement?

Oh, does the Wolftrap want to backstab the Daishi?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:18 pm If a forest is on fire, does the smoke + forest in that square mean that it's +2 to hit through that square? So like if I back up into 3121, can I hit the vulture in 2016?
Yes, the two modifiers stack. I don't think you can target the Vulture from 3121, that's 2 smoke hexes and a light woods hex in the way.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:37 pm Wait, did the Ryoken hit me with an over-the-shoulder ERLL?

Nick, can the ARC-2R fire LRMs at the prone Ryoken while still melee-ing the Thor?

Also, can I puposefully jump in a non-straight line to proc 5 hexes of movement?
If you have an arm-mounted weapon, you can torso-twist and are able to fire into your rear arc with one arm (one of the reasons I'm not really a fan of rear-facing weapons).

Archer will need to turn right one hex to do so, but yes. Although it might not be worth it targeting the Ryoken, it's missing a leg, the pilot is blacked out with three hits and it's facing the wrong way. And mechanically, it's already been "scored" for objective purposes.

No mid-air backflips or anything like that, sorry.
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Hm, I'm hoping we can salvage a Clan LRM15 and some Clan DHS, finish upgrading the Griffin.

Assuming we all don't die here, given they still have 2 Vultures, 3 Mad Cats, 2 Ryokens, 1 Loki and a still brand-new Dire Wolf.

>> LICH: GM's call.
>> ARC-2R: Kick and double-ML the Thor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:56 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:18 pm If a forest is on fire, does the smoke + forest in that square mean that it's +2 to hit through that square? So like if I back up into 3121, can I hit the vulture in 2016?
Yes, the two modifiers stack. I don't think you can target the Vulture from 3121, that's 2 smoke hexes and a light woods hex in the way.
What I was asking more is that if you have a given hex that has a forest in it AND is on fire, is that square +2 all by itself (+1 for forest and +1 for smoke) or is it still just +1?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:19 pm
NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:56 pm
What I was asking more is that if you have a given hex that has a forest in it AND is on fire, is that square +2 all by itself (+1 for forest and +1 for smoke) or is it still just +1?
The fire doesn't do anything by itself, but the smoke it produces does. In this case, there's a fire in 2921 that's putting smoke into 3020. So, for example, 3020 has a +2 modifier: 1 for the smoke, 1 for the woods (pretty sure it's light woods). Meanwhile, the hex in 2921 also has a +2, but that's because it's heavy woods - there's no smoke in it, so the fire doesn't actually do anything to add a further to-hit modifier. If there was smoke in 2921, it would be a +3.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Next question - can I enter the same square as elementals (2623)? If so does that have any consequences?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:32 pm Next question - can I enter the same square as elementals (2623)? If so does that have any consequences?
Yes, and they may attempt to swarm your mech or damage your legs (or just shoot at you). The odds off those attacks succeeding aren't that great, since there's only two of them. If they screw it up, you can stomp them. If they don't, you can try to brush them off at the risk of dinging yourself.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:11 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:32 pm Next question - can I enter the same square as elementals (2623)? If so does that have any consequences?
Yes, and they may attempt to swarm your mech or damage your legs (or just shoot at you). The odds off those attacks succeeding aren't that great, since there's only two of them. If they screw it up, you can stomp them. If they don't, you can try to brush them off at the risk of dinging yourself.
Hmmm...I would do that, but that Black Hawk right near there is the ace, right? If I'm there he could drop down right behind me and ruin my day.

Marauder back up one to 3021. I think I need to torso twist to fire at the Thor, right? If so do that, and then either fire at the Thor or the Black Hawk after the BH moves (depending on which is the better target).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kurita Awesome to 3015, target the Thor. Can adjust my position if I'm opening myself to any back shots.
Black Lives Matter.
moleymoleymoley

Post by moleymoleymoley »

HOT DAMN what a turn, I think we're starting to round the corner folks, immediate thought is to jump to heavy woods in 2130 and cower like a bitch from the tremendously exposed position I'm in.

I can fire from there right? If so, all lazors at the mad cat
moleymoleymoley

Post by moleymoleymoley »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:37 pm Wait, did the Ryoken hit me with an over-the-shoulder ERLL?

Moley, are you going to keep up the saga of backstabbing that Mad Cat? I think you could jump point blank, fire and melee.

Didn't see the new page, I could, but that would expose me to fire from three of them, plus the mad cat has pretty pristine back armour if I remember correctly? His front armour is a lot more dinged up, plus I think being in this forest means the mad cat and Ryoken can't see me but I can see them
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

To the north, one of the Kurita decoys goes off, lightly peppering their own Thunderbolt as well as another decoy and some nearby Elementals. Said Thunderbolt's left arm goes limp under pulse laser fire from a Ryoken to the south. The good news: with the arm gone, so is the MG ammo, so at least the Thunderbolt doesn't have to worry about being completely evaporated.

Siljanus may be missing the gauss rifle and right arm, but he's still got two PPCs, which he puts to use against the Mad Cat circling around that little hill to the southwest. The enemy mech fires back with its array, although, to our mechwarrior's surprise, it doesn't use its gauss rifle. Did it get damaged? Run out of ammo? Regardless, only its pulse laser connects, dealing nominal damage to the Mackie's extensive armor.

Leraje joins in from above, focusing the Black Knight's lasers and PPC on the target, while Moley jumps for cover, firing lasers at it from mid-air. Moley's evasive action mostly works, as the Thunderbolt only takes a grazing hit from an extended-range laser. In exchange, the Thunderbolt's large laser rips into the Mad Cat's left arm, which sparks and drops limp, disabled. One of Siljanus' PPCs connects with the 75-tonner's left torso as well, removing a good amount of armor. With its left arm gone and its gauss rifle no longer firing, the clan mech appears to be a little bit underpowered - sensors only show an SRM/4 and an LRM/10 launcher functional.

The Black Hawk jumps up to Siljanus' mech, firing lasers at Stefan with limited effect - Lich anticipates this move and plants a PPC blast from point blank range, grazing the fellow medium mech's left arm, exposing the internals. Lich delivers a solid kick to the squat mech's left leg, ripping several actuators as it feebly tries to defend itself. In a testament to the clan mechwarrior's skill, he manages to keep the Black Hawk upright, then jumps away, only to get tangled up in some trees and fall over on the far side of the hill where Isgrimnur is being swarmed by battle armor.

The downed Thor tries in vain to fire its remaining weapons, sending some LRMs at Leraje while propping itself up to fire the LBX autocannon at the nearby Archer, but misses both shots, the LRMs flying harmlessly overhead while the slug goes into the air instead of into the 70-ton mech - the Kurita mechwarrior "nimbly" steps to the side, cutting into the Thor's remaining functional leg with a laser, fusing the hip joint. The Kurita Awesome fuses the Thor's right arm shoulder joint and disables the PPC there with one of its PPC blasts while forcing an armor breach in the center torso with its other two PPCs. The hits aren't very direct, but they do the job. The mechwarrior in the Archer then brings the mech's foot down on the left torso, cracking the armor. Not much left of that mech at this point. Still, the mechwarrior tries to get up, although whether it's to continue fighting or to try to retreat is hard to tell at this point.

TheMix jumps north, but is unable to target the Loki, firing at the nearby Mad Cat instead, with limited effect - about half the fired LRMs connect with the target's left arm. The Loki has no such limitations, blasting our Crusader center of mass with a PPC, but armor holds. TheMix's target Mad Cat stitches a pulse laser blast across our 65-tonner's left arm, just to let him know "I know about you, you're next", then flips its arms backwards and blasts the Marauder to the west in the left leg, causing a noticeable limp and a fine green mist to emerge from an evaporated heat sink. Said Marauder isn't taking it lying down however, cracking the nearby Loki's right leg in half with a kick, dropping it to the ground.

The Kurita Crusader engages the Mad Cats from the other side, taking multiple lasers to the front for its trouble. It does connect with a few shots on the other Mad Cat, however, removing some armor with a laser and MG burst. One of the lasers hitting the allied Crusader connects with the head, however, which causes the Kurita mechwarrior to stumble - the mech falls forward, impaling the cockpit on a tree. To add insult to injury, the ejection seat mis-fires.

The Daishi continues blasting at the Orion with lasers, finally finding its range and inflicting two armor breaches - one on the left arm, one on the left leg. With its armor pretty unbalanced, the Orion's mechwarrior trips up and falls to the ground, crunching its center torso armor.

The Vulture that took Siljanus' gauss arm off has to contend with a Wolverine and Shadow Hawk dogpiling on it, firing pulse lasers from an arm swung around to the rear and inflicting a couple of armor hits on the Wolverine. The combat is inconclusive, but it seems that there's one minefield that the clanners didn't get around to detecting, and the Vulture walks right over it, blasting chunks off its leg armor.

Overall, it looks like the clanners in the south have given up trying to cross the river on our end, while their northern force is a little bogged down.

Current battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw firing/heat/melee data:
Spoiler:
Initiative Phase for Round #10
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 10[6+4].
Clan Smoke Jaguar rolls a 11[11+0].

Wind direction is Northeast.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------
     LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) Checking for self destruct on 6, roll is 8: EXPLODES!
        Start Secondary Damage Report.
         >LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 10 [6 (ejecting) + 5 (Mech is prone) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 3 : fails.

Pilot of LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Anthea Angelis" takes 3 damage (4 total hits).
        Pilot of LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Anthea Angelis" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!
        Pilot of LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Anthea Angelis" needs a 7 to stay conscious. Rolls 5 : blacks out.
            The pilot ejects safely!
*** LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        Fire at 2008 was started due to an engine explosion!
            Fire started in hex 2008.
        Hex 2008: terrain takes 40 damage.
             Heavy Woods converted to Light Woods!
        Hex 2108: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2109: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2009: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 1909: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2107: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2010: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 1809: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 1806: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2206: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2307: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2310: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2210: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2011: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 1710: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 1 damage!
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RA.
            19 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 2 damage!
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL (critical).
            2 Armor remaining.
            Possible breach on LL. Roll is 9: no breach.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 6; no effect.

Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 1 damage!
        Battle Armor hit by area-effect damage. Each trooper takes damage.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 1.
            9 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 3.
            9 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to Trooper 4.
            9 Armor remaining.

Pilot Hyancinthe Zorbas ID:201 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 1 damage!
        Infantry is hit by area-effect artillery!!! Damage doubled.
        Pilot Hyancinthe Zorbas ID:201 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to MEN.
             PLATOON KILLED,
*** Pilot Hyancinthe Zorbas ID:201 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***

End Secondary Damage Report.

Weapons fire for Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     LRM 15 at Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LB 10-X AC at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Swarm Mek at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - succeeds! Defender swarmed.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) RT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            8 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        4 damage transfers to LT.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Shoulder.
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LT.
            20 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             8 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 5; no effect.

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             14 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 2; no effect.

Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Right Side table) RL
        Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RL.
            8 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            15 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to LL.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits CT
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 15 damage to CT.
            16 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Medium Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits LL
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 15 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Leg.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

ER Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to CT.
            14 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 10 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Large Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 20 at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits LT
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
            14 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits HD
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to HD.
            0 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ron Hardin" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ron Hardin" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

ER Medium Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to CT.
            19 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 3 : misses
        Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

Machine Gun at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 6 : hits LA
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits RA
        Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RA.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits RA
        Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             6 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (7-2) = 5; no effect.

ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - 2 troopers hit (using Rear table)
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers no damage.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers no damage.

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 12 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
            13 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Streak SRM 2 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 10 : fails to achieve lock.

Streak SRM 2 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 9 damage to LA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        1 damage transfers to LT.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LT.
            24 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits RL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 3, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) CT
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 7 damage to CT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 3, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) LL
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             12 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (8+1) = 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Hip.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (Large Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 2

LRM 15 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -9 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) (w/ -4 malus).

Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            27 Armor remaining.

Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to CT.
            43 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to LL.
            17 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Machine Gun at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits RL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to RL.
            21 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 15 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 6 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -2 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ -4 malus).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to CTR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 8.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            5 Armor remaining.

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RL.
            21 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 2 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

ER PPC at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to LA.
        11 damage transfers to LT.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to LT.
            13 Armor remaining.

PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 4, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits RA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RA.
            14 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

ER PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 (Artemis-capable ammo) at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits LA
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (5-2) = 3; no effect.

ER Medium Laser at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits RA (critical)
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to RA (critical).
            7 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Shoulder.
            CRITICAL HIT on ER PPC.

PPC at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
            0 Armor remaining.

PPC at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
             17 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (4-2) = 2; no effect.

Weapons fire for Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 3 : falls.
     Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its left side, suffering 8 damage.
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            Armor destroyed.
             19 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 5; no effect.
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lisa Kazda" must roll 5 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : succeeds.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit)); needs 4, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 6 [5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 7, rolls 4 : falls.
     Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its left side, suffering 7 damage.
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to HD.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***
         >Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 12 [5 (ejecting) + 5 (Mech is prone) + 1 (automatic ejection) + 3 (Head Internal Structure Damage) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 5 : fails.

Pilot of Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ron Hardin" takes 3 damage (4 total hits).

Pilot of Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ron Hardin" takes 2 damage, killing the pilot (6 total hits).
            Critical hit on HD. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Life Support.

Pilot of Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ron Hardin" is already dead, so no damage is dealt!
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            4 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Ron Hardin" must roll 7 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : succeeds.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 8 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Kick table) LL
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 12 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (9+1) = 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Leg.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Leg.

Physical attacks for Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Right leg) at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Rear Kick table) RL
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 15 damage to RL.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 4; no effect.

Physical attacks for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 1, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 16 damage to LT.
            0 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses.

Physical attacks for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses.

Physical attacks for Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
    Kick (Left leg) at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses.

Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
The base target is 5 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 5, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
The base target is 5 [5 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 5, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (leg destroyed; was kicked).
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
     Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) falls on its front, suffering 7 damage.
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LL.
            5 Armor remaining.
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Alice Hanl" must roll 9 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : fails.
        Pilot of Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Alice Hanl" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Alice Hanl" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!

Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 4 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; leg/foot actuator hit; was kicked; missed a kick).
The base target is 5 [5 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 0 (was kicked) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 7, rolls 7 : succeeds.
    Roll #2, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 0 (was kicked) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 7, rolls 8 : succeeds.
    Roll #3, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 7, rolls 9 : succeeds.
    Roll #4, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 7, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 31 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 40 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 2 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 25 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 32 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:34 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 44 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 16 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 36 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 12 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 36 heat, sinks 36 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 43 heat, sinks 40 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 27 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 41 heat, sinks 41 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 21 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Target Mods:
Daishi: +0
Thor: +1 (-1 if attacker is adjacent)
Elementals (Isgrimnur): +2, risk of hitting Isgrimnur
All other Elementals: +4
Ryoken 1622: +3
Mad Cat 1332, Vulture 1619, Ryoken 1310, Mad Cat 3002: +2
Vulture 1213: +1
Loki 2003: +3 (+1 if attacker adjacent)
Mad Cat 2403: +0, +2
Black Hawk: +4 (+2 if attacker adjacent)

No ACE

Objective update:
Thor crippled and "withdrawing" (7/20)
Kurita Crusader destroyed (3/21)

Status update:
Kurita Marauder left leg actuator damage (movement reduced to 3/5)
Kurita Thunderbolt left arm destroyed (no MGs)
Kurita Orion center torso, left leg, left arm breached
Isgrimnur awake, swarmed, prone

Anti-battle armor swarm-reduction options:
"Brush off" - Must get up, up to two attacks (one per arm) at 7+, risk of punching self when missing, can only brush off with arms that haven't fired
"Thrash" - remain prone, automatic hit for ~16 points of damage. PSR (3+) to avoid armor damage
Walk into fire in hex 2323 - imparts an extra 5 heat end of turn, eliminate battle armor on 8+
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> Stay put, fire ErLL x2 @ Mad Dog 1619. Failing that same for Summoner 3614
ON1-K >> Get up and scurry to 3606, afterwards proceed to withdraw - it seems too busted to continue in the fight effectively.
Last edited by Leraje on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Nick,
Can I get a breakdown of the status of my Crusader?

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Sure:
1 engine hit - +5 heat/turn
9 LRM shots left
left leg - 4 armor left
left arm - 6 armor left
head - no armor, 2 structure left (basically one more hit and poof, but head only gets hit on a 12 rolling 2d6)
center torso rear - no armor
torso sections and right leg - ~15 armor left
1/6 pilot hits

So basically your left side is going to start hurting and you've got an armor breach that can be exploited if something gets behind you, but your mech is fully functional otherwise and if you keep your right side toward the enemy you should be able to extend your durability.

For reference, clan medium lasers do 7 points of damage.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:16 pm head - no armor, 2 structure left (basically one more hit and poof, but head only gets hit on a 12 rolling 2d6)
He says the turn after the other Crusader I was controlling gets killed by head shot....
:)

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I also don't have your optimism about keeping my left side protected. I'm potentially being attacked from 3 sides.

If I survive, next time I'm just going to hang out with the rest of the gang.

Seriously, the north front is collapsing. We don't have the mechs up there to put up a defense or defend against flanking maneuvers. At this point, the only option I see is to collapse back.

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Leraje wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:09 pm BL-KNT >> Stay put, fire ErLL x2 @ Mad Dog 1619. Failing that same for Summoner 3614
ON1-K >> Get up and scurry to 3606, afterwards proceed to withdraw - it seems too busted to continue in the fight effectively.
Why withdraw with the Kuritas tho?

As long as they are Samurai-ing, they are drawing fire and doing damage. The North is already half a step into collapsing, losing something as hefty as an Orion would hasten that.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:53 pm
Leraje wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:09 pm BL-KNT >> Stay put, fire ErLL x2 @ Mad Dog 1619. Failing that same for Summoner 3614

As long as they are Samurai-ing, they are drawing fire and doing damage. The North is already half a step into collapsing, losing something as hefty as an Orion would hasten that.
Well, I can always go with "Banzai!" option and charge something, but I'm pretty sure Nick would overrule that :D
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Nick, on the southern side, there's BA on 2423 and 2324, right? A bit of a mess in the map, there.

Has the Black Hawk lost any guns?

I'm thinking of jumping to 2223, kicking and lasering it while throwing my ERPPC at the 1619 Vulture, as it has got its back to us and that would go critical if it hits the back.

What would the heat from all that be?
Leraje wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:56 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Well, I can always go with "Banzai!" option and charge something, but I'm pretty sure Nick would overrule that :D
Literal samurai, tho.

Its taken some armor breaches, sure. But its still got a lot of guns, and every single shot counts.

Look at the state of the mechs in the field, everyone is fucked up at this point. It can help face off that Mad Cat at 3002, which looks worringly healthy.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NickAragua wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:53 am "Thrash" - remain prone, automatic hit for ~16 points of damage. PSR (3+) to avoid armor damage
It's almost as if people are the problem.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Re: Orion - it's beat up, but not considered "crippled", so the Kurita mechwarrior isn't going to withdraw just yet. He might play it pretty cautiously though.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:48 pm Re: Orion - it's beat up, but not considered "crippled", so the Kurita mechwarrior isn't going to withdraw just yet. He might play it pretty cautiously though.
In that case cautiously engage Timberwolf 3002
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Kurita P. hawk will move north and engage the 2403 Mad Cat, going to the same level of elevation if possible

My H-H will move northwest and fire at the Black Hawk
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

WestorEast wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:54 pm My H-H will move northwest and fire at the Black Hawk
FYI, I tried it out and I don't think there's any way for it to get LOS on the Black Hawk.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Marauder to 2920, target Vulture in 1619. I think I can hit it in the back. Will require me to run through fire (which I think is +2 heat), but it looks like 2920 itself is not on fire. Also, do I still have Gauss ammo left?

Kurita Awesome will turn and also fire at the Vulture in 1619.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:35 pm
NickAragua wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:53 am "Thrash" - remain prone, automatic hit for ~16 points of damage. PSR (3+) to avoid armor damage
So, uh, I went back and read the rules again and they explicitly state that thrashing is only allowed vs non-swarming units in the same hex. Which is why I couldn't get the option to show up when I tried it. Sorry, my bad for not reading the rules carefully enough, I got a little excited about the prospect of flailing around on the ground. So I guess your main choice here is whether you want to just get up and swat or get up, swat and walk into a fire.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ugh. I feel like I'm just repeating the same thing over and over now... Jump around and hope that it makes it harder for them to hit me.

So...

Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 2510; facing ... SW, I guess; fire at any targets that might be worth it

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unless the fire gives me an advantage to removing parasites, I will forego the heat treatment.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

It basically makes them roll a 2d6 and they become "well done" on a 7 or less.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Barbecue it is.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:18 pm It basically makes them roll a 2d6 and they become "well done" on a 7 or less.
What does "well done" mean? Dead / critically damaged, or some amount of damage that may or may not be serious?
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Am I able to target Elementals swarming friendly mechs with my Mackie's PPCs or will I just end up hitting the friendly?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

$iljanus wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:12 pm Am I able to target Elementals swarming friendly mechs with my Mackie's PPCs or will I just end up hitting the friendly?
With a PPC? Seems like it's just go through them and take out the mech behind them. :)

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

The odds appear to be 66% of hitting the mech you're trying to "clear off", and that's if you hit the torso. So maybe not the best idea.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

This is what I thought but I wanted to explore all possibilities. I feel rather helpless watching these Elementals swarming my comrades.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

NickAragua wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:52 pm
WestorEast wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:54 pm My H-H will move northwest and fire at the Black Hawk
FYI, I tried it out and I don't think there's any way for it to get LOS on the Black Hawk.
Then I'll move west and fire on the Mad Cat