Post by Grundbegriff »

Which games are in the queue now?
Grundbegriff

Re: Latest queue for games

Post by Grundbegriff »

Here are some mentioned in the forum. These are given in alphabetical order:

BSG V (Lassr)
Deep Cover (Grundbegriff)
Drinking with an Angel and a Demon (Scoop)
Keeping the Dead Involved (Remus West)
Runebound - Descent (Chaosraven)
Simple (someone)

Which others have been floated, and what's the sequence now, if any?
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Wed May 13, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Most are on Hiatus.

hell dare I say all are on hiatus or in development atm.

If thats the case I'll start up another simple game... heh.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I am working on BSG V, it's just slow going due to time restraints.

Not sure if Body Snatchers would ever be played unless a few folks say they'd like to try it out.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Provided everyone is interested in trying something different my Demon and Angel game is available for sign ups.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I still have the JLA Mystery available. (Note: that Descent Game is a work in progress between myself and the actual moderator)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

I hear I have been missed. Somebody point me to a signup.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:I hear I have been missed. Somebody point me to a signup.
I think Remus was looking for a minimum of 11 people. He might be willing to add you to his quirks game.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Sean, Minister of KtSP

What is the status of the queue? I've decided it's time for me to mod my first game.

Reverse Mafia. The Feds have infiltrated a gathering of Mafiosi. Full roles and rules pending as I attempt to hash them out, and I certainly welcome feedback. I thought I'd ask here before I post for signups, but at the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything pending after BSG. Is that correct?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:What is the status of the queue? I've decided it's time for me to mod my first game.

Reverse Mafia. The Feds have infiltrated a gathering of Mafiosi. Full roles and rules pending as I attempt to hash them out, and I certainly welcome feedback. I thought I'd ask here before I post for signups, but at the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything pending after BSG. Is that correct?
Sounds right to me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Good news, Sean. I look forward to reading the rulez!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:What is the status of the queue? I've decided it's time for me to mod my first game.
Shouldn't you maybe play in one first?
:wink:
:P
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Unagi wrote:
Shouldn't you maybe play in one first?
:wink:
:P
:horse: :tjg:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

There are games proposed, but no actual specific lineup right now (I have 2 on the back burner, preferring to play)

Maybe we should reset the lineup
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sean, Minister of KtSP

I won't have time to write up a proposed rules set until this weekend. I'm opening five shows this week. But I'll get that posted soon.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:I won't have time to write up a proposed rules set until this weekend. I'm opening five shows this week. But I'll get that posted soon.
Hey Sean - you're still doing this, right? Do you think we can start next week, or is it more a work in progress?? Not that I'm anxious or anything. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:I won't have time to write up a proposed rules set until this weekend. I'm opening five shows this week. But I'll get that posted soon.
Hey Sean - you're still doing this, right? Do you think we can start next week, or is it more a work in progress?? Not that I'm anxious or anything. :)
You don't want to rest on your laurels for a little while at least? :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:You don't want to rest on your laurels for a little while at least? :twisted:
Can't you find your own thread to pick on me in? :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

You just failed Stess... You should have said: I learned it from watching you....

He'da been dumbfounded.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

I'm hoping to be able to post rules and sign-up by Monday. Tuesday at the latest, since Monday and Tuesday are off completely, so I'll have plenty of leisure time to write it up. But yes, I'll be ready to go by next week.

On that same subject, if any previous mods have any advice for running to pass along, or if anybody has any powers they'd like to see or not see, please PM me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:I'm hoping to be able to post rules and sign-up by Monday. Tuesday at the latest, since Monday and Tuesday are off completely, so I'll have plenty of leisure time to write it up. But yes, I'll be ready to go by next week.

On that same subject, if any previous mods have any advice for running to pass along, or if anybody has any powers they'd like to see or not see, please PM me.
My biggest advice and the most critical thing for you to know as a mod is: Be VERY careful about how you answer peoples' questions.

There are a lot of ways to word things and answer them, and some of them can result in you giving something up.

For instance, if Jack 'Claims Seer' and later someone asked "if Jack scanned me on XYZ, would he know ABC?"

You should simply answer: "When the Seer scans on XYZ, he would know ABC".

Or EVEN BETTER - try and only answer questions by quoting your own rules.

Also, in the game leading up to your mod game - try, if at all possible not to call everyone fucking losers. :) :wink:
stessier

Post by stessier »

When sending out the roles or other mass posts, be sure to use the draft PM function. You can't put a name in the addressee part, though, so be sure to put the name of the person you are sending it to in the Subject line (for instance). Then you can send them all in about 5 minutes.

Open a Spoiler Forum!

Keep good notes.

Understand your own rules as much as possible. :) (I had trouble with that one.)

Be prepared for a lot of pestering emails. Don't feel like you have to respond to all of them.

Have fun!!!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:I'm hoping to be able to post rules and sign-up by Monday. Tuesday at the latest, since Monday and Tuesday are off completely, so I'll have plenty of leisure time to write it up. But yes, I'll be ready to go by next week.

read your posts and reread your post in preview before posting. Just in case you accidentally put something in that you shouldn't.

If you keep a spreadsheet, keep the roles and voting records separate. In my first BSG game I had the roles and votes on the same page. As I was going to post the current voting I accidentally copied and pasted the roles and almost hit submit. I caught it as the last moment. Talk about a game killer.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Be sure that the order in which you mention things (roles, for example) doesn't correspond to the order in which other information (such as players' names) has been mentioned. (I achieve this by alphabetizing everything to neutralize it. Some treat the sign-up order as canonical for player names, and the rules order as canonical for role names.)

Don't elaborate when answering questions: give just enough information to clarify. Beyond that, rambling carries a risk of inadvertently spilling beans.

Follow a consistent pattern of execution, especially for the nighttime turn. Don't move the game forward prematurely. Be mindful of whether people can draw conclusions from your timing (in combination with, say, Bubba's absence from the forum).

Be consistent. Use prefab PMs saved as drafts, as stessier suggests, and store the recipient's name in the subject line. Always use the same boilerplate text to announce in-game events.

Never provide anything that could ever be construed as a hint.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Is it daylight in CA yet? When do we get to see the game?!?!? :horse:

:D
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

*waiting music from "jeopardy" *
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
theohall

Post by theohall »

:coffee:
stessier

Post by stessier »

This night just won't end!!! :ninja:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

stessier wrote:This night just won't end!!! :ninja:
Submitted my orders. Should be over for you.... err I mean it should be over soon Stessier.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Submitted my orders. Should be over for you.... err I mean it should be over soon Stessier.
Has anyone read anything recent from Austin? ;)
Austin

Post by Austin »

theohall wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Has anyone read anything recent from Austin? ;)
Let me roll the dice. Nope, not responding to this thread.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Right now..

Sean's game sounds hella intereting as does stessier's Dark Knight. I sincerely hope stessier is up for hosting the Dark Knight game after Sean's game ends.

This gives anyone else interested in hosting a few weeks to work stuff out and post a thread to let us help work stuff out :)

Being so doggone new to this, kinda hesitant about running one, but it seems very similar to being a DM with a far more limited rules set - so it's going to happen. Just have to figure out when it will be workable around an upcoming deployment prep schedule.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I wish Lars would come back and do one of his epic games. Fun times.
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If I can't talk anyone else into running a Light/Dark, I'm going to do it (despite having other games of my own on the back burner here)
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:If I can't talk anyone else into running a Light/Dark, I'm going to do it (despite having other games of my own on the back burner here)
Are you talking your fallen type game or triggercut's three team light/dark game?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:If I can't talk anyone else into running a Light/Dark, I'm going to do it (despite having other games of my own on the back burner here)
Are you talking your fallen type game or triggercut's three team light/dark game?
Neither, remember setasides Light/Dark?

The recruiting game (1 to recruit, 2nd to initiate)
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Oops, that's the one I meant I just attributed to triggercut incorrectly.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:Here are some mentioned in the forum. These are given in alphabetical order:

Which others have been floated, and what's the sequence now, if any?
The Dark Knight (stessier)
Deep Cover (Grundbegriff)
The STORM (Newcastle)

end of list
JLA Mystery (Chaosraven)
Runebound - Descent (Chaosraven)
Light/Dark (Chaosraven)

Note: I would always rather play, but will run one of the above when the well is dry.

Please note others needing to be added to the Queue
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

guess my game the storm is officially in the queue, not sure where it is in the order of things...assume that stessier is next after sean's infected. I will have the current thread serve as the sign up thread when it shall be opened, then have the game in another thread...figure that'd be best.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:

I remember that game.

That game contained what was, by far, my shining moment in a WW style game.
Hodor.