Latest queue for games

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Latest queue for games

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have an interest, but I can't commit to anything that far out. I'm just trying to get through this month.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Now that Scoop's game is done, is there any more interest for a SW game?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Yes
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Make it so
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Post by theohall »

Yes
purge

Post by purge »

I'd be up for another game come September. It'd be nice if I can make it through to Night 1 so I can scan. :lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

purge wrote:It'd be nice if I can make it through to Night 1 so I can scan. :lol:
I thought your roll in these games was to be the Day 1 random sacrifice who also happens to be a Special.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

In the interests of playing a short, fun werewolf game in a halloween theme (which I think matches it quite well) I present...

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (WW Game)

We only need 8 players but will take 10 if there is enough interest. There will be murder...

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So who's next in hosting?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:So who's next in hosting?
I want to host another political themed game eventually. I don't know if people would be interested right now with the holidays. I was going to use the Republican and Democrat candidates currently running as specials.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I am up for playing, I could assemble a JLA game pretty quickly if people wanted to play
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I would like to play. I could use the distraction right now.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:I am up for playing, I could assemble a JLA game pretty quickly if people wanted to play
In!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
I want to host another political themed game eventually. I don't know if people would be interested right now with the holidays. I was going to use the Republican and Democrat candidates currently running as specials.
In

Dibs on Jeb!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Of course!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Moliere wrote:
In

Dibs on Jeb!!
I think I'd want to be Ben Carson...he's got a very active imagination and well...i think i have a calm demeanor...well i dont have the hands though...friends call me shakes on a good day.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

So who is going to start a new thread for sign ups for a new game instead of trying to do it here?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
stessier

Post by stessier »

Back in my day, players were good enough to participate in two games at once. Now get off my lawn!!

:horse:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:Back in my day, players were good enough to participate in two games at once. Now get off my lawn!!

I remember the days when stessier actually played games rather than simply making quips at those who do. :violence-stickwhack:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:Back in my day, players were good enough to participate in two games at once. Now get off my lawn!!

I remember the days when stessier actually played games rather than simply making quips at those who do. :violence-stickwhack:
The avatar kind of gives away his role.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

How many players are you trying to get? Perhaps you should run first (Unless a unanimous "Simultaneous" vote comes)
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Chaosraven wrote:How many players are you trying to get? Perhaps you should run first (Unless a unanimous "Simultaneous" vote comes)
I should have enough to start on Monday. We can run yours simultaneously whenever you feel you have enough people. Most said they would play both.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Moliere wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:How many players are you trying to get? Perhaps you should run first (Unless a unanimous "Simultaneous" vote comes)
I should have enough to start on Monday. We can run yours simultaneously whenever you feel you have enough people. Most said they would play both.
i think it would be an awesome bucket load of fun running 2 WWs simultaneously simply for the challenge of seeing who can keep their game & notes straight. However, I think running 1 at a time would be the best option. I'd still be in for CRs superpowered spandex action after the Presidential debates.
Bayraktar!!!!

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I will play in both. Just not at the same time.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LEt's have the Prezzi ACtion
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

We need a game where the bystanders can throw in quips. I don't have time to play, but I want to kibitz!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Has anyone tried a play-by-forum of (The Resistance:) Avalon?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:Has anyone tried a play-by-forum of (The Resistance:) Avalon?
No, but the Wikipedia article has me intrigued. Do you have a link to the full set of rules/cards?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Has anyone tried a play-by-forum of (The Resistance:) Avalon?
No, but the Wikipedia article has me intrigued. Do you have a link to the full set of rules/cards?
Boardgamegeek probably has that.

If there's interest, I'll host a round after Chaosraven's game.

The good thing about Avalon, and games like it, is that everyone's in the game until the end; nobody'll be voted out early.

There's a mechanic in Avalon that I'm excited to see in action, especially in a forum game. The setting is Arthurian, and the bad guys are minions of Mordred. Merlin knows from the game's outset exactly who's evil. But team evil, if seemingly defeated, gets a Hail Morgan pass at guessing who's Merlin. If they guess right, then they win. So Merlin, saddled with the truth, must somehow use that knowledge without divulging his identity.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:If there's interest, I'll host a round after Chaosraven's game.
It's been 18 months since your last game of Puerto Rico. ;)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Moliere wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:If there's interest, I'll host a round after Chaosraven's game.
I'd like to see someone else run one the way I do... so I can play!

I'd also like to do a game of Secret Hitler before or after Avalon.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Moliere wrote:
I've been hoping to randomly run into the game at some yard sale or thrift store. No luck so far.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Moliere wrote:

I'D Love to play puerto rico again. That was fun as hell. I'd be up for either secret hitler (i hate that name) or avalon also.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Moliere wrote:

I'D Love to play puerto rico again. That was fun as hell. I'd be up for either secret hitler (i hate that name) or avalon also.
How can you possibly hate the name Secret Hitler? Like, picture Hitler walking around New York in a trench coat or something, and someobe comes up to him and is like "You look familiar...", and he is like "Nein! I mean, no....".

I am 110% in because of the name.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Moliere wrote:

How can you possibly hate the name Secret Hitler? Like, picture Hitler walking around New York in a trench coat or something, and someobe comes up to him and is like "You look familiar...", and he is like "Nein! I mean, no....".

I am 110% in because of the name.
Using the name Hitler in itself. Not going into much detail... I dont have any Jewish ancestry but am half german. That side of my family greatly suffered prior to WW2, during and after. There were many others who suffered much more than ours absolutely, but we paid a hefty price and lost a lot of our family during that period. Using Hitler in a "fun" way doesnt seem right to me considering how much suffering and destruction he brought into the world.
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Robin of Locksley - Scans for all evil players
Azeem - Protection
Will Scarlett - Target of the Sheriff
Maid Marian - scan target

Sheriff of Nottingham - Scans for Will/Maid Marian
Mortianna - Scans for Robin
Guy of Gisbourne - Night killer

Robin is attempting to take down the evil leadership. He will be able to scan for the enemy, and must rally the villagers to take them out.

Azeem - can protect a different player every night. If he protects Mortianna, he kills her after discovering her role, and fulfills his life debt, losing his protection role for the remainder of the game.

Will Scarlett - A Merry Man until he's found by the Sheriff, at which point he would be bought off and become a team evil member.

Maid Marian - if found by Robin, she will reveal one of the baddie roles at random to Robin.

========

Sheriff of Nottingham - If he finds Robin or Marian, they will be imprisoned. Robin/Marian's roles will be revealed. The villagers will have the next two days to locate and kill the Sheriff, otherwise Robin/Marian will be executed on the second night afterwards, taking place of the night kill.

Mortianna - Kills the local woodland creatures to try and divine the location (identity) of Robin.

Guy of Gisbourne - the nightly assassin of the Sheriff. If he is killed, the Sheriff will get his hands dirty of necessity and kill for himself. Will will take up arms against the goodies only if converted and the last of the three male baddies. Mortianna will never take up arms.

Poke some holes in this for me, and if it's salvageable, I'll run it.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Maid Marian - if found by Robin, she will reveal one of the baddie roles at random to Robin.

When is the baddie role revealed? Maid Marian just comes out on day 1, team village gets their random baddie.

If Will is not converted and Guy and the Sherriff are dead, is it game over? It doesn't seem like Mortianna can kill.

Does Will's conversion take place of a night kill?

If Marian/Robin are captured, does that mean there is no night kill?

If both Robin and Marian are dead, is that a victory condition for the wolves?

Why isn't Little John or Friar Tuck in the game?

Does Guy use a Spork to kill, because it hurts a little less than a spoon?

Sheriff of Nottingham - Scans for Will/Maid Marian - Shouldn't Robin be in there somewhere? That is a lot of people the Sheriff can affect.

That's all for now. Somebody else's turn.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:Maid Marian - if found by Robin, she will reveal one of the baddie roles at random to Robin.

When is the baddie role revealed? Maid Marian just comes out on day 1, team village gets their random baddie.
Will need to rethink it. Brain dump: If Marian is found by Robin via scan, the baddies get a scan. They've tailed Marian to the forest, and are convinced that she's met with one of the merry band. If they make the right accusation, the results of powered/villager will be returned. If she reveals publicly, the guards descend, arrest a random citizen. He is summarily executed. Her playing politics in the public sphere is dangerous to her minions.
bb2112 wrote:If Will is not converted and Guy and the Sherriff are dead, is it game over? It doesn't seem like Mortianna can kill.
Power of persuasion is all that's left. It's a tough road, but if you get it down to 2 people, she can get the win. Not unheard of.
bb2112 wrote:Does Will's conversion take place of a night kill?
No.
bb2112 wrote:If Marian/Robin are captured, does that mean there is no night kill?
No. Only their death if they are not rescued.
bb2112 wrote:If both Robin and Marian are dead, is that a victory condition for the wolves?
Add in either a conversion or death of Will, and I can see it.
bb2112 wrote:Why isn't Little John or Friar Tuck in the game?
Basing it on the movie and the need for some different items. Will brainstorm for their possible addition if the game size dictates it.
bb2112 wrote:Does Guy use a Spork to kill, because it hurts a little less than a spoon?
:D
bb2112 wrote:Sheriff of Nottingham - Scans for Will/Maid Marian - Shouldn't Robin be in there somewhere? That is a lot of people the Sheriff can affect.
Thematically, I don't expect them to be at the same location very often.

Thanks for the input.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm enjoying having two games going at once. If someone wanted to start another WW (or even Secret Hitler) game, I'd sign up.