Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Dead Space remake 2021

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Dead Space remake 2021

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks to Blues News

One of my favorite game series. Well except for that stupid hokey religion in it where everyone wants to die to a alien dna scrambler.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/238885/dead ... -confirmed
The sci-fi survival horror classic Dead Space returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up by Motive Studios to offer a deeper and more immersive experience. Harnessing the power of the Frostbite game engine and next generation consoles, this remake brings jaw-dropping visual fidelity and improvements to gameplay while staying true to the original. Dead Space will be available on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
stimpy

Re: Dead Space remake 2021

Post by stimpy »

Are games getting like movies now?
Have they run out of new ideas so they just keep remaking the old ones?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stimpy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm Are games getting like movies now?
I think recreating beloved games with modern tech and quality of life changes is a great trend. It makes a lot more sense than with movies in my mind. If someone hadn't decided XCOM needed to make a comeback, I assume my life would be completely empty!

On the other hand, I don't think you can argue that there are lots of new games too. I mean yeah, most AAA games are sequels, but when you are going to spend that kind of money making a game you kind of need a guaranteed pay off.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

stimpy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm Are games getting like movies now?
Part of the difference, it seems to me, is that technology is changing a thousand times faster for games than it is for movies. Remaking a 1930s classic movie offers the chance to improve it with modern special effects and cinematography. The same thing is true for games, IMO. Especially since games are limited by the hardware constraints of the day. There are a ton of games with great ideas that couldn't be really brought to life that perhaps could now.

Anyway, I enjoyed Dead Space enough that I would grab this if it's not super expensive.
Black Lives Matter!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I remember liking the first one and the second one had one of the most memorable openings I can recall, but I'm not sure I actually finished it.
I'm so far off the map the sun is shining
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah, I think the key point is whether the game is worth playing again, and to what degree you can improve it. And there's also of course the difference between remakes, remasters, reboots, and spiritual sequels. Dead Space is thirteen years old (somehow). While gaming innovation has arguably slowed in this century, I think that's a reasonable amount of time. What they did with Bulletstorm, on the other hand? I didn't play either version, but it seemed like evergreening.

If the studio doesn't have anything better to do, go for it. This could be a between-projects thing, or a task for a smaller team/outside studio who wouldn't necessarily be working on a fresh, large project anyway.
“Also, Dude, ‘Sand People’ is not the preferred nomenclature; Tusken Raider, please.”
“Walter, this isn't a guy who built the moisture vaporators, here....”
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:40 pm If someone hadn't decided XCOM needed to make a comeback, I assume my life would be completely empty!
:lol:
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

I liked DS enough to finish it and replay it years later. I started DS2 but never finished it.

The games I would love a modern respin of are the first 2 - well I guess I would take 3 too - Thief games. Modern graphics and not screwing up the gameplay, atmosphere, etc. would be wonderful. But I would still need (actually quick) quicksave/loads! :)
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Finished all 3 DS games 2 or 3 times.

I think Thief Deadly Shadows should still hold up well today. I own that last one they just called Theif again...which I HATE so much when companies do that.....and I could never get into it at all.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

The first dead space is also one of my favorites. Loved it. Playing it with high quality surround sound speakers made it awesome!... and scary