Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Redfive

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Redfive »

Trying to get a group together..if you are reading this and not in game hop in now!
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Oh well. Maybe next time.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I was but in occupied in a dungeon and nobody said hi. I never could finish the damn thing. Killing Ice Hart.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

dbt1949 wrote:I was but in occupied in a dungeon and nobody said hi. I never could finish the damn thing. Killing Ice Hart.
I said hi - I even explained how to reply to just me.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Hmm.....I never saw it. :think:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

dbt1949 wrote:Hit the enter button? Or do I have to go to the guild first?
Where and how do we meet up?
And what's so wrong with cuneiform? Better than Greek.
To chat in the guild chat, Hit enter, then type /g1 in the chat box and it will switch to guild chat.

To talk directly to someone (PM), Enter, then /whisper (name goes here)
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

dbt1949 wrote:Hmm.....I never saw it.
It's really hard sometimes to notice chat messages scrolling by when you're killing stuff or otherwise occupied with playing the game. Once you've been in an active guild for a while you kind of train yourself to check it constantly. But, if the guild isn't active you get used to there not being messages so you often forget.

What they need is a chime or message sound that you get like you do when someone texts you on your phone. One sound for guild and another for personal whispers. I've often wondered why MMOs don't offer that. I guess there could be an addon out there that does it though.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
wire

Post by wire »

You can create a chat tab and make it guild specific if you want to filter out the zone chat and other things that fills up the chat screen. I have a tab for group plus guild as well.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

That's what I need to do.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I needed something to play the next couple weeks until Stormblood comes out, so I picked up the Morrowind expansion this afternoon. I am weak.

Will be on later as B'Sheth, unless I decide to roll a new toon. :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Quick stupid question for those playing Morrowind. I rolled a new character (Warden, a class I'm not entirely sold on yet), and it started me off in Vvardenfell. I started questing like normal, but so far (through level 7) there's been not a single mention of the "main" storyline (prophet, etc.). Does that story simply take a back seat in Morrowind, or does it circle back to that questline at some point?

Leveling also seems to be significantly slower, as I've come across far fewer quest hubs, skyshards, etc. In the "noob" areas on the base game, you couldn't go 10 steps without tripping over something new, but things seem to be far more spread out in Vvardenfell.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Skinypupy wrote:Quick stupid question for those playing Morrowind. I rolled a new character (Warden, a class I'm not entirely sold on yet), and it started me off in Vvardenfell. I started questing like normal, but so far (through level 7) there's been not a single mention of the "main" storyline (prophet, etc.). Does that story simply take a back seat in Morrowind, or does it circle back to that questline at some point?

Leveling also seems to be significantly slower, as I've come across far fewer quest hubs, skyshards, etc. In the "noob" areas on the base game, you couldn't go 10 steps without tripping over something new, but things seem to be far more spread out in Vvardenfell.
There should be a "hooded figure" that has a quest marker and directs you to the Prophet's cave in your factions starting region (I'm assuming that's where you are pointed; I haven't actually started the main quest from there). I think the figure appears near Vivec City.

If anything, the early levels should go faster. They redid the experience such that early levels should go faster, and it slows as you approach 50 (relative to the old leveling), but requires the same amount of XP overall.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Stuie wrote:There should be a "hooded figure" that has a quest marker and directs you to the Prophet's cave in your factions starting region (I'm assuming that's where you are pointed; I haven't actually started the main quest from there). I think the figure appears near Vivec City
Huh. If there is, I apparently missed it.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Vivec City and have chased down every quest marker I could find there. I'll poke around a little more tonight and see if I can find it.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

When I started my Warden I ended up using a wayshrine to go back to my normal starting area as soon as I got to Vivec City and figure I will come back to Vvardenfell at some point down the road.
You can't even tell me you'd be this tightly wound if you were receiving Treasure Type O regularly. - OOTS Strip 408
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Should be on for awhile tonight for anyone that wants to run dungeons.

Only need to be 10th level.

Don't worry if you haven't done it before we are super casual.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Just as a heads up, I will be heading out on vacation Wednesday and be gone for 10 days. If you need anything from me before then just let me know. I am pretty sure we are good with officers for now so that folks can get invites etc.
You can't even tell me you'd be this tightly wound if you were receiving Treasure Type O regularly. - OOTS Strip 408
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Finally reached 50 and up to 56 champion level.
I found morrowind for 25$ canadian so I'm going to upgrade and casually play a warden in between my playtime with my stam sorcerer.

Can't wait to reach CP160 for the end game gear though.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Bad Demographic

Heads up: I'll be unavailable for about a week and a couple days starting July 4.

Quick question re mods: is there a mod that will show price info across all guilds? I'm currently using Master Merchant but it only shows pricing info for guilds I'm in.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Bad Demographic wrote:Heads up: I'll be unavailable for about a week and a couple days starting July 4.

Quick question re mods: is there a mod that will show price info across all guilds? I'm currently using Master Merchant but it only shows pricing info for guilds I'm in.
Tamriel Trade Centre has an addon but I think it just uses it to collect data for the website. You will see it refereed to as TTC in game chat. I normally use the site to try and figure out a good price to pay for recipes/formulas/etc that I need, but it can certainly be used for pricing items.

I've read they're will be free access to ESO Plus features from the 5th thru 8th, so it would be a good time to log-on to have all your mats automatically moved to an account shared craft bag. You will have access to it after the event but will not be able to move anything in, only out.
Bad Demographic

Thanks. I think I saw TTC mentioned in chat and that's the one I was trying to remember.

I got excited about the ESO Plus free trial but then noticed it's for when I'll be traveling. Oh well. Maybe they'll repeat the offer some other time.

Black Lives Matter
Tao

Post by Tao »

Seeing the Morrowind expansion advertised on a few sites for 50% off (activation code only). Not sure how this works but Newegg is one of the sites and I tend to trust them.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

my friend bought it on mmoga for like 22$ canadian and it works fine (that's also where I bougt my gold copy which also works fine).

check it out in case it's cheaper mmoga.com

I've bought at least 10 games there and never had any problem.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
wire

Post by wire »

The Morrowind expansion had some fun quests and it was cool how much they kept from the standalone game. I created a Warden and was able to get it up to level 25 just doing the expansion content.
Bad Demographic

Hey Redfive, I picked up a Daedric Throne (with skulls) for your house. Actually 2, because the other one I got doesn't look right at Sleek Creek.
The thrones were free from one of the furniture sellers in Coldharbour.

edit to add: I picked up some more just in case anybody wants one.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Wow, that's awesome.

Haven't been logging in of late because I'm playing Icewind Dale / Diablo 3 / Rise of Nations lately but I will be back soon.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How is Icewind Dale now days? I loved it back in the day. Im playing Pillars of Eternity right now myself. In fact back when they came out I tried twice and could not enjoy Baldur's Gate. Then I picked up Icewind Dale and LOVED it. After it and its addon I went back to BG and loved it too and of course all addons and sequels to all Infinity Engine games.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Daehawk wrote:How is Icewind Dale now days? I loved it back in the day. Im playing Pillars of Eternity right now myself. In fact back when they came out I tried twice and could not enjoy Baldur's Gate. Then I picked up Icewind Dale and LOVED it. After it and its addon I went back to BG and loved it too and of course all addons and sequels to all Infinity Engine games.
It's great. Been doing Diablo for the past few days but want to get back to IWD to finally try to finish it.

Then back to ESO...
Bad Demographic

I've finally gotten my number 2 character over to Bangkorai after many weeks of farming northern Rivenspire and slowly doing Alik'r. I still need to complete a public dungeon in Alik'r but can do that some other time. It's nice to be back in the game for more than farming and trait researching.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote:How is Icewind Dale now days? I loved it back in the day. Im playing Pillars of Eternity right now myself. In fact back when they came out I tried twice and could not enjoy Baldur's Gate. Then I picked up Icewind Dale and LOVED it. After it and its addon I went back to BG and loved it too and of course all addons and sequels to all Infinity Engine games.
I've been picking through it on iPad, and it's been far more fun than I expected. Outside of some fiddly door transitions, the mobile port works remarkably well.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

So is there an OO guild in which a newbie would be welcome? How would one join it?

Started game on a whim but enjoying it. Have a 9th wood elf nightblade.
Popehat, a blog.
Bad Demographic

Let me know when you're going to be in the game. I'll log in and shoot you an invite.
Once you're in, check out the guild bank and see if there's anything there you can use.

Black Lives Matter
wire

Post by wire »

You can add me as a friend @rwire and shoot me a tell in game as well. I'm west coast and play most evenings until midnight or so.
Bad Demographic

D'oh! In game I'm @Bdr2017_ESO.

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Re the Guild Bank - There are lots of crafting mats in there: sanded woods, ingots, (refined) clothing fabrics and leathers. Please feel free to use them. Also, if you have a low-level character, it would be good to put a lot of iron ingots and maple wood (or steel and oak) in the guild bank for making research weapons/armor for fellow players.
The style mats - things like copper, manganese, etc. - you'll have to get on your own.

Also, there are some alchemical mats (mostly waters) available. And lots of glyphs that can be deconstructed for characters learning enchanting.
Plus crafting motifs, furniture patterns/blueprints, and provisioning recipes (aka, food and drink recipes). Please feel free to use these, too.

Lastly, if you have a new character and need lockpicks, check the bank.

The bank is pretty full so don't feel shy about taking anything you think you need.

Black Lives Matter
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Despite my love for this game and lots of time invested, I think I am done. Life is just getting too busy for me to log in regularly. I will pass guild ownership over to RedFive.
Bad Demographic

Thanks, Arkon, for setting up the guild and - now - making sure we're taken care of.

edit: hope that last didn't sound snarky - it wasn't meant to be.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Well, guess I need to log on.

Thanks for getting things started in 2014. If you change your mind we'll be here!
Bad Demographic

Hey wire - would you make me a girdle (heavy armor) with the sturdy trait for research purposes? Thanks!

edit to add: You should be able to find mats in the guild bank. Let me know if you want some gold for this.

Black Lives Matter
wire

Post by wire »

Sure thing...I'll make it this evening.
Bad Demographic

If any of you want to start crafting weapons & armor but need basic crafting motifs (like orc style, redguard, argonian etc.), I have several you can have for free - they're all blue.

Black Lives Matter