Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Post by Blackhawk »

Why do you bother to game? You absolutely hate every game and every game company, and every game makes you miserable and angry. If the games are what's terrible and it isn't coming from you, why do you punish yourself with gaming?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My only hobby. got nothing else to do. I have more fun bitching about them and installing and deleting them than playing now days.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 amI have more fun bitching about them and installing and deleting them than playing now days.
Then you should start a Youtube channel, film yourself ranting about this stuff and get paid. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:25 am Well I reinstalled this and it says Ive played 275 hours but then in game my only choice is NEW GAME. I don't want to start over.

The Dragon Keep also does not function. The servers that kept the info have been gone for years so it will show a generic default hero and you have to edit it and make all the choices you made during the first two games so it knows what you did.

Good lord Bioware is total crap. I thought for sure it would at least keep my game info when I quit and deleted this. Figured I could come back to it some day. WTF is an account for if it does nothing useful. Stupid EA.
Well did you erase your saved game files? If not just reimport them. If you did erase them you should have flagged the game to backup on the Origun cloud. There are tools in place you just have to use them. But by all means, rant on! :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

There was no Origin back when the first second or even third I dont think game came out. It was some kind of Bioware place.

If there was I dont recall it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dragon Age 2 was pulled from Steam just months after it was released in order to implement Origin. DA:O has always required it for activation.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I must not have clicked ity because it didn't save my work. All that time wasted. I dont think I could ever restart that game. Did 2 or so tries and the last one I got really far. But the game is huge. For now Ill count it as paid for.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

F me. I created a new guy just to do the first part and now Im playing it again. Ive set it to casual so I can see the story and get through the fights pretty fast. So should be back to where I left off someday soon.

Its freezing up here so why doesn't Verric button up his shirt?? Must be afraid we'll miss out on all that chest hair.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Having some fun with it but I dont see why Im the only one who can gather minerals and plants. Why cant I pay people to do that??

EDIT: To be clear I dont have to do anything but the main quests in an area right? Like in Hinterlands I basically just need to find the horseman and help the nun? All this other junk is just time wasters right and material gathering? Im a completionist so passing ti up would kill me but man is it boring busy work to go to every mark on the map.

And valuables are junk to sell right?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is it ok to auto level up the AI companions? I really dont care to keep up with 4 character classes and their abilities unless they are just totally useless unless I lvl them up myself. Im on casual difficulty.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The fast travel to Haven is ass backwards. I should port to just outside the war room building because its why i go there most. But it ports me outside the main gate forcing me to run through town each trip to get up there.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Man this thing simply crashes sometimes. Ill be playing or getting on my horse and WHAM back at desktop ..no error.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:34 am Is it ok to auto level up the AI companions? I really dont care to keep up with 4 character classes and their abilities unless they are just totally useless unless I lvl them up myself. Im on casual difficulty.
In any RPG, the answer is usually 'no.' The best advice I can give you if you don't want to mess with it is to just look up a build for that character with the playstyle you want. Keep that on hand and just follow the steps. Here, I did one for you.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im finding better daggers and bows than Verrics named xbow. Im about lvl 7 now. Ive upgraded his xbow but its lagging behind but I want him to keep using it if possible or a bow. Should I start switching him out of will his xbow keep up.?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Gotta say that bard in the tavern is really spellbinding. I just stand listening at times. I need to look her up. Seems I recall something about it being someone special or something.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:59 pm Gotta say that bard in the tavern is really spellbinding. I just stand listening at times. I need to look her up. Seems I recall something about it being someone special or something.
Elizaveta Khripounova
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks. She is amazing.

Well I have Blackwall and the lovely Vivviane and Sera the nutty elf. Ive auto lvld them but of course they are not equipped for their level now like I have varric, solan, and cassandra. Im starting to wonder if I should just stick to those 3 and not use new ones. Or maybe theres a 'best' party makeup. like maybe IronBull will be the best tank instead of cassandra or Vivviane is better than solas..I have no idea. Figure Ill stick with the original crew for now because they are equipped.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The main party I used was myself (mage), Cassandra, Iron Bull, and usually either Varric or Vivienne.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im a warrior so it seems we have the same party setup just a little reversed. Ok cool.

Oh. I have a quest for Redcliff village. Later I got invited by the head enchanter woman. But on my map if I hover over or something it says if I go there it will block out the templars side. But I dotn want to choose yet I just have a quest there. I cant even visit either side without ruining the other side?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive stopped talking to the lady in the camps..what is it? this may help up. ...make junk. Pass.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well iIseem to have done everything there is to do and all to go until I pick a side. I hear the Templars have some good people but the story feels tacked on or rushed and the mage side is more fun and you can get a special agent. I sided with the mages in the other games guess I will again. Besides the Templars were haughty and rude to me and the mages invited me over for tea.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:52 pm Well iIseem to have done everything there is to do and all to go until I pick a side. I hear the Templars have some good people but the story feels tacked on or rushed and the mage side is more fun and you can get a special agent. I sided with the mages in the other games guess I will again. Besides the Templars were haughty and rude to me and the mages invited me over for tea.
I picked the mage side, because that's what I always do in fantasy RPGs. I will say that the storyline on the mage questline is awesome - tremendous writing.

I have been meaning to go back and see if I still have my save games, and then do the Templar side to see that story.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:09 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:52 pm Well iIseem to have done everything there is to do and all to go until I pick a side. I hear the Templars have some good people but the story feels tacked on or rushed and the mage side is more fun and you can get a special agent. I sided with the mages in the other games guess I will again. Besides the Templars were haughty and rude to me and the mages invited me over for tea.
I picked the mage side, because that's what I always do in fantasy RPGs. I will say that the storyline on the mage questline is awesome - tremendous writing.

I have been meaning to go back and see if I still have my save games, and then do the Templar side to see that story.
Good news everyone!

I re-installed the game on my XBOne, and after syncing all my save games are still there, including one right before the mage-Templar decision. So sometime this week I'll play through that on casual for that storyline.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

If you go Templar, can you still sexually harass your underlings?
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 pm If you go Templar, can you still sexually harass your underlings?
You mean, have sexual relationships with people who report to you (e.g., your party and inquisition employees)? Sure, I expect so.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tonight its refusing to connect to the DA server online when I start the game so no use in playing if Im missing out on save states and no telling what else. ^%#$^@%$@#

Also I dont understand why they made the castle upgrades SO hard to get. Or make. Some ingredients Ive never seen like fereldan locks and the other wants some plant I cant find. And it wants like 50.

online bullshit. I miss the days of not needed a online connection to play games. Hell even multiplayer was simply modem to modem or a lan or a lan network site.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Been having fun with the game. Enjoying it well actually. But another little niggle is starting to get to me. Not game breaking though but something I see and wonder why the devs did not.

Every time you do a bigger mission or area you really need to talk to your people. But theres a LOT of people. Everyone has the same speech bubble above their head they always have. It would be SUPER HELPFUL if the devs had made that bubble glow or sparkle or something to denote new chat lines and romance lines. I spend 30 minute to much more running around just talking to each one to see whats new.

When I first got to Skyhold yesterday it was 5am and I wanted to simply chat them all up and go to bed. I got to bed at 8am.
Lachlan

Post by Lachlan »

Have not played this for a very long time. Have they fixed most of the PC issues when it came to the controls? I remember it was so clunky playing a rogue.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have never played rogue but I haven't had any issues with Inquisition.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Moronic brain dead party member controls. In the first game there was a hold position button that gave you feed back and worked. In here theres one that doesn't make a click or light up or anything and most times wont work.

Im trying to do that stupid ass torch gate statue puzzle underground and they wont stay where I put them. ARGH.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Finally got past that puzzle then found the dragon. Its only the 2nd Ive bothered with. Ran out of all potions when the dragon still had 3/4 its life. That was fun. Lots of reviving the down members. Won though.

The entire reason for coming here is broken though. Solas wanted me to save his spirit friend. I went there but the creature doesn't move. Theres nothing I can do there and now it is no longer marked as a quest on my map only in my journal and its not finished. Ive gone to town and back. Going to try and quit and see what happens when I return.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So anyone have favorite companions over others?

To me my #1 by FAR is Varric. Probably one of the best characters in any game. Its not that he is a great fighter...which he is. He can kick ass. Its his style and personality that makes him #1. He is not haughty or arrogant or mean like some others and yet he carries himself with that style. His banter is comical and serious too. He's a good guy with some rogue'ish qualities. I always take him. Doesn't help I dont care for Sera.

And 2nd place by not much back is Iron Bull. Man he can be damn funny too and always has my back. When I take him with me....and I almost always do.....I win fights MUCH easier and faster. I just made him a giant dwarf hammer to smash idiots with. Him and Varric make great wingmen.

The only time I dont take those two are in easier sub and side missions. Then I kinda vary up my party to just hear new banter. The fights always go worse though or take longer without them. Even with Cassandra along and I have her kited out really well too.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Im going to have to reset Varric and manual respec him. He is using that stupid hook and pull to jump INTO the melee range of stuff and dying now. Going to take it and all those useless traps away from him.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Drinking with Bull in the tavern the drink is strong and I cough and Bull says "I know right? Puts chest on your chest" hahahaha Bout died.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im level 16 and just noticed I have 3 trainers in Skyhold I can train with. Im guessing I can only choose one. So far I see Templar, Reaver, and Champion.

Are there more?

Is there a reason I should choose one of these? Extra skills or something? Or should I skip all three of them?

Im playing a good guy who sided with the mages.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cole: I like your horns Iron Bull but they are dragon horns not bull horns. You should have been The Iron Dragon.

Iron Bull: Oh....shit........that would have been better.

Funny companions.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So any insights into the 3 multiclass choices? I was thinking going Reaver for the damage but I just watched a video on a 2h 1 shot that was Champion. Im like huh?? Now Im not sure. I think I should choose one because it would add to my damage and skills.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:32 am So anyone have favorite companions over others?

To me my #1 by FAR is Varric. Probably one of the best characters in any game. Its not that he is a great fighter...which he is. He can kick ass. Its his style and personality that makes him #1. He is not haughty or arrogant or mean like some others and yet he carries himself with that style. His banter is comical and serious too. He's a good guy with some rogue'ish qualities. I always take him. Doesn't help I dont care for Sera.

And 2nd place by not much back is Iron Bull. Man he can be damn funny too and always has my back. When I take him with me....and I almost always do.....I win fights MUCH easier and faster. I just made him a giant dwarf hammer to smash idiots with. Him and Varric make great wingmen.

The only time I dont take those two are in easier sub and side missions. Then I kinda vary up my party to just hear new banter. The fights always go worse though or take longer without them. Even with Cassandra along and I have her kited out really well too.
Varric and Iron Bull are both great. By the way, if you're planning on playing the DA:III expansion (Trespasser), there's a specific way that you'll want to resolve Iron Bull's personal quest regarding his mercenary unit - let me know if you want more info on that (which necessarily involves spoilers about the mission and about the expansion).

I will say that I also really liked Cassandra, which kind of surprised me going into the game. She's a zealot of sorts, but driven mainly by a mission to help and save people, and she's not above challenge or criticism or taking in new information. Pretty well done character, and I wound up romancing her in my playthrough.

As an aside, I mostly finished the Templar quest. Mostly because the disc I got from Gamestop used was kind of shitty and periodically had issues, as I forgot from my old playthrough, and those issues popped up again late in the quest, so I just watched the rest of the plot on Youtube. Also an interesting story, though I thought that the mage storyline was more interesting.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont own the addon right now and have no way to get it so doubt Ill ever get to it.

Im starting to get a strange feeling. Going in I knew I never finished this game and had only done maybe 2 areas after getting to Skyhold before I deleted it before. But Ive cleared about 7 full areas now or more and as soon as I get there I remember doing them. Its a very weird feeling. Just now Bull speaks to me of his people wanting to join up and a battleship to help me. It instantly spring into my head I remember that one too! OMG. Now Im wondering if I did finish the game. Wouldn't that be horrible? Im only remembering it as I go not before I get there. Kinda freaky.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bull was great story-wise. I absolutely hated him in play, though. His combat strategy was always 1: charge, 2: die. He required too much micromanagement.