Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Chaz

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Post by Chaz »

100 hours was my finish time, but I went super completionist.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Chaz wrote:100 hours was my finish time, but I went super completionist.
I just looked it up, and it looks way shorter than even I expected. It shows up as 731:07, or about 12 hours. Can that be right? Feels way longer than that. To be sure beyond the main quests all I really did was the inner circle quests (except Blackwall, since I never picked up the Deft Hands perk and at least one of his thingies was beyond a Deft Hands door), the "main quest" for most areas (e.g., liberate Emprise du Lion from red templars), and only a couple side quests that were essentially already where I was stopping.

Still, 12 hours seems like nothing. Actually thinking about it more I am pretty sure that it is in fact wrong unless they're not including dialogue cut scenes or something.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

How good / worthwhile are the DLC expansions?
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I haven't purchased any of the but I hear the newest one is kind a wrap up of what happens to your inquisition years later after you win. I'm going to check that out.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

EA has released DA:I GotY Edition, including all DLC, for USD$59.99.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Are there any good mods for this? And this time as in good I mean useful. Usually Im all about graphics and such but this time stuff that helps would be umm helpful. Right now what I need is a map mod. Something that might list when I find ore and such and what it is. I cant remember what cave had what when I was there. That kinda thing.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

BTW Im just auto leveling up everyone but me. That wont come back to bite me later will it? I just tire of choosing it all for everyone.....though I wish Id set Cassandra to two hand weps because all she gets is my own hand me downs. Dont have a 2hand user yet.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Daehawk wrote:BTW Im just auto leveling up everyone but me. That wont come back to bite me later will it? I just tire of choosing it all for everyone.....though I wish Id set Cassandra to two hand weps because all she gets is my own hand me downs. Dont have a 2hand user yet.
I assume that the game levels up characters according to some logical pre-set plan (e.g., Cassandra gets logical sword-and-shield skills), and not just randomly. As long as that's the case, I would think (depending on difficulty level) that you would be ok. If it is random or if the auto-leveling is shitty then you could run into problems - for example, you do need one or two tanks to taunt enemies and soak up damage with guard skills (which, incidentally, one-handed warriors like Cassandra are good for).

You do get a warrior intended to be used as a two-handed warrior.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think it would depend on the character and the class. A tank NPC would probably be fine auto-leveling. Iron Bull? No chance in hell.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote:BTW Im just auto leveling up everyone but me. That wont come back to bite me later will it? I just tire of choosing it all for everyone.....though I wish Id set Cassandra to two hand weps because all she gets is my own hand me downs. Dont have a 2hand user yet.
I did this as well, and never had an issue with it. However, I lowered the difficulty and played it as more of a hack-n-slash, so ymmv.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I play on just normal. Seems just right for me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I messed up a very nice unique weapon. I got tired of it being in my inv all the time and I have no stash so I saw 'move to valuables' . I thought this was some place in my inv that was safe to leave stuff and not sell. NOPE. Its just a place for stuff you want to sell. Now I cant get it out of that area unless I sell it. If I do and buy it back it goes right back into that area. I cant move it back to normal inv so I can use it now because that area doesn't show up when looking at your equitable inv stuff. SO damn its a purple sword i cant get to..argfh.

Any suggested routes to play it? Last time after Hinterlands I went to the clerics...got bored and quit. This time Ive gone to that oasis in the desert. But does it really matter?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That's odd they call them valuables now.

There must be a way to move back into inventory. What happens when you right click?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not a thing. The only time I can even see it is in the sell screen or in the weapon upgrade screen at the blacksmith. Wish I had not moved it now.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

So there isn't a valuables inventory tab like there was junk in DA 2?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Only shows in the store menu. Not there just for inv. All I see for INV is weapons, armor, accessories, and upgrades. And I dont get that last one because you cant actually use anything and upgrade while out in the field.

And I gave up on that oasis for now. it was a big desert maze. Did the Chantry visit and am kinda just hitting up all the areas a little at a time.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Alefroth wrote:That's odd they call them valuables now.

There must be a way to move back into inventory. What happens when you right click?
I can promise you that there is a way. I don't remember what it is, but I have moved items back and forth myself.

The naming is based on the idea of what you're collecting. You loot some chests. You collect weapons, you collect armor, you collect crafting materials, you collect money, and you collect assorted valuables to sell. The auto-sell option sells the valuables only. It is actually really handy - when sorting gear, I simply move each piece I know I won't equip to valuables, then dump the whole shebang at once.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote:Only shows in the store menu. Not there just for inv. All I see for INV is weapons, armor, accessories, and upgrades.
The list continues. Scroll down.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Blackhawk wrote: The naming is based on the idea of what you're collecting. You loot some chests. You collect weapons, you collect armor, you collect crafting materials, you collect money, and you collect assorted valuables to sell. The auto-sell option sells the valuables only. It is actually really handy - when sorting gear, I simply move each piece I know I won't equip to valuables, then dump the whole shebang at once.
I'm glad they changed that. I'm playing 2 right now, and looting locked chests to get torn trousers or frayed rope that sold for 2c wasn't very exciting. I do love that it goes into an auto-sell tab and that like items stack.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Alefroth wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Only shows in the store menu. Not there just for inv. All I see for INV is weapons, armor, accessories, and upgrades.
The list continues. Scroll down.
Well damn. i could swear I tried that 2 pr 3 times but it never worked. Thank you. Got it back into unvaluable territory :) Its a sword that the blade is like a hand of long fingers. its a bit lower damage but has some good stats to it. I need to find some upgrades that will increase it's damage output.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not sure who is best to fill out a party with but Im guessing it really doesn't matter. Im testing out everyone. But so far IronBull is really fun to have in the group from all his sayings and quotes lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My tavern bard seems to be screwy. For two days she has stood stark still and not made a sound after that first visit. Now today she is playing the lute and singing....except she now has no loot and she is still not moving.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Someone looted her lute?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grabbed her geetaar they did....stole her strings....robbed her of her rhythm ...pilfered her plucker

Is there a faster way to the war room other than returning to haven and always being outside the gate and having to run across town to the castle?

I hope Ive done right by choosing sword and shield. I usually like 2 handed but from what I read sword and board is fine in this game. Besides I have a strange love of shields.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

You're playing on Normal so don't worry. You could probably intentionally screw up your characters' gear and skills and still get through most encounters, except maybe dragons. Also, your path to the War Room will change soon.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh lord dragons. Met two. The one in the Hinterlands simply looked at me and killed me a few times before I decided to come back later. The one in the Storm Coast ran from me..or something. He was standing there wit ha half dead giant. I attacked the giant and the dragon flew away never to come back. the giant fell after killing two of my guys.

And thats good news on the war room.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

He won't come back. You'll find a way to go to him later on. Be aware that different dragons are different levels with different degrees of difficulty. The one in the Hinterlands is the lowest, I believe.

I killed all of them in my game. Early on the dragons have a distinct strategy, a little like an MMO dungeon boss. By the late game it doesn't matter - you can just steamroll them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You are very informed on this game man. You must have really enjoyed your time with it. I thank you for your help and insight in helping me get a better enjoyment from it.

Also as a thing as great and good as the Inquisition I hope that sometime Ill be able to hire people to gather materials for me!! LOL. I had like 90 elfroot from always stopping then got bored of picking plants and before i knew it I couldn't make a single health potion. I had to buy a bunch from the guy in the Hinterlands. Plz tell me someone starts gathering it besides the appointed of Androstae.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sort of. You can send out missions to collect herbs from the table.

Then again, by the late game you'll have enough money that buying elfroot isn't a big deal.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ummm ahhh...wow...they really put those shards in hard to get to places in that dragons area of the Hinterlands.....Im good at being Mario and Im having a hell of a time. Ultima 8 flashbacks :P
OH OH BULLSHIT......I got to it..and fell in a hidden hole area...now Im stuck..cant get out..and STILL need the shard. I hate you devs...I hate EA and I hate what Bioware is becoming without the original 2 guys. :) I feel better now...but still stuck....may have to reload.

Im out! I smashed jump until I popped out.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Grabbed GOTY edition yesterday that includes all the DLC. I never bother with DLC in these games because by the time it finally comes out, I've moved on to three other new games and only vaguely remember what happened or how to play. Will be starting a second playthrough as a female elven Archer.

Side note: the female hairstyle options in this game are absolutely atrocious.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yes...there are hair mods now but they will all clip through you and the armor badly.

Still no dragon killing for me. Im about lvl 10 or so and up to Redcliff. But that Hinterlands dragon kicked my ass when I tried it again before heading up here. If that one is the easiest I suck so far :) I feel bad not taking Cass since I plan to romance her but I run with Iron Bull, Varric, and that grande enchanter mage girl. I thought of switching up wit hsera cass and solas some but then Id have to keep everyone equipped.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Peoples opinions on siding with the Templars or the Mages? Ill toss out a guess that in the end it doesn't matter but heres my history.

I pla ya good guy in these games and always a fighter type. In the first two games I supported the mages. But I can see all three sides of the coin. Templars want to keep peace and order. Some mages prfer the safety and life of a circle mage. Others feel they are being kept as slaves and prisoners with no freedom.

So....is there material reasons for choosing one side of the other? Or why this side than that? Im close to being forced to choose I think. Ive cleared Hinterlands and the swamp and visited the chantry. All I see to do is the desert and either the templars or mages. It clearly states once I pick one of those then I cannot deal with the other.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Without going over this thread fully again...is this the game with the character interaction with chat that was broken? As in they didn;t converse with each other like they should? I just realized my party is always really quiet. I think this whole time Ive heard them once in the oasis and maybe twice the rest of the game. Was it fixed? Is that all? Or can I increase the chatter? I miss it from the other games.

EDIT: I guess it was this game. I found a way to manually make them chat...but Id rather them do it randomly a lot more on their own. Still cant fidn a way to fix that.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/529048-d ... ry18562081
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Uhhh ohhhhhh...It just hit me that there are 3 shard doors each with resistances to their own magic..I just used the fire one and didn;t notice the others. Now I can never get those open.....I got fire and think oen is ice and Ill have to look up that other one. Man I hope theres a lot of fire attacking mobs out there so my mistake will be worth it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Spirit. Why can't you open the others?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

No more shards for now. I went to the very end of the fire rooms..I think it had 3 or 4 doors alone.

I never did see that miner in Oasis that has the key. I have spent a full day there doing all the stuff then spent 2 more hours looking for that wandering miner. I just now gave up on her.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote:No more shards for now. I went to the very end of the fire rooms..I think it had 3 or 4 doors alone.
Ah. You had said, "Now I can never get those open." Each of the three section has three doors, then they share a final door as I recall. There are exactly enough shards to open every door.

It is worthwhile, by the way, to open them as you get more shards for the slowly increasing resistances. I didn't know this myself (I was trying to avoid spoilers), so I just waited until the end when I had all of the shards and opened everything at once. All that resistance went to waste, as there was nothing else to fight at that point.

If I had it to do over, I'd open the three first doors, then the three second doors, then the third. Slowly growing resistance across the board as I explored would have been handy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya that would have been best for me too. But on the plus side I have the max fire stuff so maybe the dragons will be easier. I still haven't killed one.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I was so lazy in this game. I collected shards pretty lackadaisically (if they were right in my way). Even then I got enough to open one door, so I went to the Oasis. Then after spending 30 minutes trying to find my way to the doors I just gave up.
Black Lives Matter.