Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Toe

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Post by Toe »

Steam has a free demo of this game for anyone interested. It reminds of Commandos but obviously set in Japan.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/418240/

Love the style and quality I see so far.
Paingod

Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Post by Paingod »

Wow. I agree. Watching that footage, I might have been watching Commandos 5: Samurai Style. I saw a sniper, a femme fatale, a brute force fighter...

I loved those games back in the day. I'll be wishlisting this one to keep an eye on it.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I played the demo for this and I really like it... bonus, GMG has it for $28.74. It's going on my wishlist. If I hadn't just started playing Big Pharma I'd be all over this.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

Played the demo. Wishlisted. If I hadn't just bought a bunch of stuff for the backlog during the last sale I'd be on the GMG deal like a dead chinchilla on the president's head.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Toe

Post by Toe »

On Steam, it is 10% off until Dec. 13. That puts it at $35.99, so higher than GMG. I will probably pick it up this week. I need a break from doing world quest dailies on my five 110 level WoW characters.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Loved the demo, just snagged this from GMG. 8-)
-mf
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

FYI: Gamersgate has it for $28 (and gives 5% back in blue coins which you can use for future purchases)
Toe

Post by Toe »

I played a lot this weekend, I think I am on the the 9th mission and really enjoying it up to this point. I ran into a few spots where i was frustrated a little (playing on normal difficulty level), but usually all it takes is for me to step back a minute and reevaluate my options for me to get past it.
My most-utilized combo so far is probably the sake + trap option when I have those two character in a mission. I really enjoy how this game makes me think in creative ways. Other than the lengthy load times for new missions, I really have no complaints about it and its probably my favorite game this year. The graphics, music, sound, game play are all top notch. The levels are usually really large, and there are most often many different ways to get things done. I love the ability to rotate the camera (sometime you couldn't do in Commandos if I recall). Also love the action queue system (called shadow something), where you assign each character an action and they all execute them when you hit the enter key. Can't wait to get home tonight and work on taking down a samurai + 2 guard patrol, as it is going to be a challenge to pull off, requiring 3 characters to be timed really well.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

This game deserves some more attention. I've been playing it every night since I picked it up during the holiday sale and absolutely love it. Gameplay is topnotch but what has really surprised me is that they went the extra mile and have great characters that I actually care about as well. Yuki and Takuma consistently make me smile with pretty-much everything they say.

As someone who never managed to get into the Commandos games, I'm very impressed.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Finished the campaign tonight. Loved it. Last couple missions are insanely difficult. I was kind of impressed that the pre-ending cut-scene is slightly different based on who completes the mission. Ended up replaying my last save multiple times.
KDH

Post by KDH »

GamersGate has Image for 33% off = $26.79

roughly 24 hours left
Ain't nobody got time for that
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

really enjoying this... mission accomplished stats even include how many times I scum-saved. :roll:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

"Standalone expansion" coming Late 2021.

So sayeth the wise Alaundo.