Assassin's Creed Origins

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Assassin's Creed Origins

Post by Smoove_B »

Kurth wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:20 am Just finished Origins and started up Valhalla. I'd like to go back to Egypt.
Did you play Odyssey? I haven't tried Valhalla yet, but I like Odyssey more than Origins. I didn't think I would at first, but I enjoyed the story and characters more. At least until the insane DLC epilogue. Beautiful to look at but just too much.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Smoove_B wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:28 pm
Kurth wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:20 am Just finished Origins and started up Valhalla. I'd like to go back to Egypt.
Did you play Odyssey? I haven't tried Valhalla yet, but I like Odyssey more than Origins. I didn't think I would at first, but I enjoyed the story and characters more. At least until the insane DLC epilogue. Beautiful to look at but just too much.
Nope. I went right from Origins to Valhalla. I think I missed out. The classical Greece setting sounds way more interesting than what I've seen in Valhalla so far. Will have to go back and do Odyssey.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I only got to play a few days of Odyssey but finished Origins and I think Odyssey looks a lot better and I liked it better.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

jztemple2 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:43 am I'd watch the videos and read the articles but it's an Assassin's Creed game so I know I'm going to get it anyway :roll:. However, ancient Egypt? Really? I was so, so hoping it was going to be New York City in the very early 1900s. Horses, early cars, early airplanes :shock:, Teddy Roosevelt, anarchists, JP Morgan, Tesla, Ida Tarbell, robber barons, subways, elevated trains, streetcars, early skyscrapers... damn, it would have been awesome.
That seems like it wouldn't have differed enough from Syndicate. I'm still hoping for a Shogun or Dynastic period of Japan or China.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Alefroth wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:52 pm
jztemple2 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:43 am I'd watch the videos and read the articles but it's an Assassin's Creed game so I know I'm going to get it anyway :roll:. However, ancient Egypt? Really? I was so, so hoping it was going to be New York City in the very early 1900s. Horses, early cars, early airplanes :shock:, Teddy Roosevelt, anarchists, JP Morgan, Tesla, Ida Tarbell, robber barons, subways, elevated trains, streetcars, early skyscrapers... damn, it would have been awesome.
That seems like it wouldn't have differed enough from Syndicate. I'm still hoping for a Shogun or Dynastic period of Japan or China.
I just want the series to go back towards the sneaky, assassiny gameplay, not leading mobs of armed warriors against other mobs of armed warriors.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im playing Black Flag again.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I just started playing this and it's my first time playing any Assassin's Creed game. Is there something I can read to get a back story? I started a new game and I'm apparently trying to get rid of 4 guys, but it doesn't say why. Also, is there a story reason when I die it says I desync, or is it just a game thing?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh wow. You have...quite a bit to catch up on. Hang on...

This covers beyond the game you're playing, so stop reading when you get to Origins. But, in short, everything isn't quite what it seems.

To be clear, I don't think anything from the prior games is really necessary to enjoy things other than to understand (basically) what the concept is.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

stessier wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:40 am I just started playing this and it's my first time playing any Assassin's Creed game. Is there something I can read to get a back story? I started a new game and I'm apparently trying to get rid of 4 guys, but it doesn't say why. Also, is there a story reason when I die it says I desync, or is it just a game thing?
Great series of games. Origins is one of the best. I finished it recently myself. I find myself thinking of it off and on still.

WIKI - scroll down to GAMEPLAY to get an idea of the story. Basically there are two world secret societies. The assassins and the templars. The templars want to bring peace to the world by force by using a long dead civilizations technology referred to as pieces of Eden. It all links back to the Bible stories and an ancient race of godlike due to tech beings. The assassins want peace but want man to find it on their own and with free will.

As to your query the 4 guys are responsible for your sons death. The desync at death is you are basically in a VR world based on DNA memories in a machine. When your character dies it desyncs you from your modern time real person. Personally I wish they'd just drop the entire modern world shit and stick to the era the games is set in myself.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Smoove_B wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:56 am Oh wow. You have...quite a bit to catch up on. Hang on...

This covers beyond the game you're playing, so stop reading when you get to Origins. But, in short, everything isn't quite what it seems.

To be clear, I don't think anything from the prior games is really necessary to enjoy things other than to understand (basically) what the concept is.
Thanks! At least I have a framework for the game now.

One more question - is there any benefit to stealth kills versus "swords a blazin'?" It looks like it gets me a bit more experience and keeps me from getting overwhelmed - but am I missing anything else?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles