A Plague Tale

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

A Plague Tale

Post by Daehawk »

Thought I found out about this months ago here but didn't see it.

More videos out there..earlier ones.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Re: A Plague Tale

Post by Daehawk »

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Been keeping an eye on this...
-mf
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

That looks really cool. I can't quite figure out what kind of game it is though. Is it one of those exploration games or more like a visual novel with actions you can take?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Website is here, scroll down for information on the game. Searches turned up that it "will offer an adventure supported by an original scenario, with gameplay that blends action, adventure and stealth phases". With orphans, plague and heaping helpings of rats it would seem. :wink:
-mf
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Is anyone else playing this? I'm really enjoying it and feel that if you are in the mood for a (mostly) puzzle/stealth game with great atmosphere, story and characters, you won't be disappointed. 8-)
-mf
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

It looks really good. I fully intend to pick it up soon. I have just been clearing off some of my backlog before jumping into it.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:50 am Is anyone else playing this? I'm really enjoying it and feel that if you are in the mood for a (mostly) puzzle/stealth game with great atmosphere, story and characters, you won't be disappointed. 8-)
I'm playing this on PS4 (Pro) and I'm really enjoying this. It looks gorgeous and the characters and story (so far, I'm in the 9th act) are really good. It's not very difficult and while not a walking simulator, I would say it definitely is more on the story side than on the hardcore gaming side, which is perfect for me.

I'm not a horror fan so I was concerned when it was described as a horror game by some and while it certainly is scary and contains some gross scenes (probably very gross if you don't like rodents in masses ...) it's ok for me.

So far, absolutely in the Top 3 games of 2019 category for me
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Necro’ing this thread because this game is just so damned good. I finished Horizon Zero Dawn the other day and was looking for something to play that wouldn’t be such a huge investment in time and had a pretty easy learning curve. Saw this on Game Pass and figured I’d give it a shot. Really glad I did. Excellent writing and voice acting and some of the stealth game mechanics are actually pretty good. I’m on chapter 11 out of 17, and it’s been a great ride so far.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yeah, played through the on game pass as well, and it was really good.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Just finished it myself and it was great. Nice mix of stealth, action and story with a bit of puzzle thrown in for good measure.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Anyone else excited for A Plague Tale: Requiem? This is the sequel to the excellent, A Plague Tale: Innocence, and it releases on October 18.

I’m really looking forward to this one!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
naednek

Post by naednek »

Kurth wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:41 pm Anyone else excited for A Plague Tale: Requiem? This is the sequel to the excellent, A Plague Tale: Innocence, and it releases on October 18.

I’m really looking forward to this one!
I am, I just finished the first one on xbox pass. It said it was was leaving so I had 11 days to finish about 10 chapters. Loved it
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yup ready to attack it next week on GamePass!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Same here, I hope they improve and add just a tad more combat, but other than that I'm hoping for more of the same. I'll play it day 1 on gamepass.
FTE
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scraper wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:15 pm Same here, I hope they improve and add just a tad more combat, but other than that I'm hoping for more of the same. I'll play it day 1 on gamepass.
Yeah, I actually used the pre-release pre-load for this game. First time I've done that on xBox.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Pre-ordered on PS5 and I'm really looking forward to it. I have not read or heard anything about it but the team earned my trust in their ability to deliver again through the first game

I really liked the first one (with the exception of the last boss battle but I don't like boss battles generally, so it was probably fine for others).
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Anyone know what time this will go live on Gamepass?
FTE
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Scraper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:18 am Anyone know what time this will go live on Gamepass?
I find it a little doubtful, but according to the map thing I’m looking at, Steam/GOG/EGS/MS Store are all at 3pm PST/6pm EST TODAY (17th).

I don’t know if any of those include Gamepass? Otherwise I think it’s midnight tonight in your time zone.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

rittchard wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:47 pm
Scraper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:18 am Anyone know what time this will go live on Gamepass?
I find it a little doubtful, but according to the map thing I’m looking at, Steam/GOG/EGS/MS Store are all at 3pm PST/6pm EST TODAY (17th).

I don’t know if any of those include Gamepass? Otherwise I think it’s midnight tonight in your time zone.
That would be cool, guess we'll find out in about 4 hours.
FTE
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

This review makes it sound like everything I wanted out of a sequel. https://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews ... to-no-one/ Can't wait to fire it up.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Appears to be midnight local time (my local time anyway) on Gamepass for PC.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

did anyone else have to redownload the game? Pisses me off because I'm 90% of my data limit and I had already pre-loaded
naednek

Post by naednek »

It's even worse. It finished downloading, started to launch and it's making me download again. I'll guess I'll try tomorrow.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

naednek wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:04 am did anyone else have to redownload the game? Pisses me off because I'm 90% of my data limit and I had already pre-loaded
It did not do that to me on the Series X. It made me download a 10 gig update, but I did that yesterday before launch. It started up no problem for me this morning.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I got the triple download experience as well. A bit frustrating but it was all forgotten as soon as I started the game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I made it to Chapter 3 this morning and so far it's more of the same (which is good) but with slightly better graphics. The combat has been expanded a bit so far, but don't expect a full on action game experience. Instead you now have counter attacks when the bad guys get close, there are 1 use knives and I know there is a crossbow coming.

I haven't gotten to any of the scenes yet where there are 300,000 rats on the screen. That should be impressive.

On a side note the Series X has no graphical options outside of the normal sliders and it seems to run the game fairly slow, I would bet it's capped at 30FPS just based off of my eyes.
FTE
naednek

Post by naednek »

Ya it worked for me. But unfortunately I'm over my cap. With the kids consuming more data I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay for unlimited. Wish Xfinity would raise the cap, 1.2 TB isn't much these days.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Scraper wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:54 am I made it to Chapter 3 this morning and so far it's more of the same (which is good) but with slightly better graphics. The combat has been expanded a bit so far, but don't expect a full on action game experience. Instead you now have counter attacks when the bad guys get close, there are 1 use knives and I know there is a crossbow coming.

I haven't gotten to any of the scenes yet where there are 300,000 rats on the screen. That should be impressive.

On a side note the Series X has no graphical options outside of the normal sliders and it seems to run the game fairly slow, I would bet it's capped at 30FPS just based off of my eyes.
I just played part of the tutorial because work called... But graphics on the PC seems to be a nice step up. It was nice being in a familiar setting. The game is making me motion sick. I can't recall if the previous one did and I turned off a setting.

I did turn off motion blur hoping that will take care of it. Now I get to feel nauseous while working!
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

naednek wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:17 am I just played part of the tutorial because work called... But graphics on the PC seems to be a nice step up. It was nice being in a familiar setting. The game is making me motion sick. I can't recall if the previous one did and I turned off a setting.

I did turn off motion blur hoping that will take care of it. Now I get to feel nauseous while working!
I'm also prone to motion sickness with some games (COD, Witcher 3..). Really stinks that this might be one of them.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Torfish wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:19 pm
naednek wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:17 am I just played part of the tutorial because work called... But graphics on the PC seems to be a nice step up. It was nice being in a familiar setting. The game is making me motion sick. I can't recall if the previous one did and I turned off a setting.

I'm also prone to motion sickness with some games (COD, Witcher 3..). Really stinks that this might be one of them.
The graphics in this game remind me a lot of Witcher 3, including the low frame rate when playing Witcher 3 on the PS4 or OG Xbox1.
FTE
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I recently tried out the first game on PS5. It was neat, but I found it so incredibly intense that I really didn’t enjoy playing it.

Reviews indicate that this one is more of the same, so I think I’m pretty safe avoiding it. At least until my IRL stress level goes down a bit.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Is anyone else finding this one harder than the 1st one? I think I've died more on the first 5 chapters than I did in the entire first game. The margin for error seems to be much smaller in the sequel.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Haven't felt it so far, but I am only in Chapter 3. (see hepcat, someone else is ahead of me in a game! Now it would be a lot closer if my damn kids would stop making me teach them rocket science so they can do better in Kerbal)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:11 am Haven't felt it so far, but I am only in Chapter 3. (see hepcat, someone else is ahead of me in a game! Now it would be a lot closer if my damn kids would stop making me teach them rocket science so they can do better in Kerbal)
Oh man now it's a challenge. Can someone beat a game before Coop? I doubt it, but I'll try my best.
FTE
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Scraper wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:15 am Is anyone else finding this one harder than the 1st one? I think I've died more on the first 5 chapters than I did in the entire first game. The margin for error seems to be much smaller in the sequel.
I barely made it to the first boss even with full cheats on, then got stuck there and gave up. This is really not my style of game, the puzzle-ish stealth sequences are not my cup of tea. I'm so bad at avoiding bad guys and crap like that, I get really impatient and frustrated. I was expecting to get stuck in this game pretty early and then have to wait for cheats to progress, but....

THANK THE DEVELOPERS!!!!!!

In one of the greatest features of any modern game (well from what I've seen so far at least), this game provides in-game "cheats" and "accessibility" features that allow even ME to progress without too much frustration. Which is fantastic because I absolutely love the characters and the graphics are so cool. I really hope I can see the whole story because it looks so interesting. The cheats break immersion occasionally but not in a horrible way, I am totally fine with the way it's been implemented.

I'm sure some naysayers will be like "why don't you just go watch a movie then?" - well first of all there's no movie with this exact story. And there is still plenty of "gameplay" in it for me in that I feel involved in what's happening to move the story along.
Last edited by rittchard on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Scraper wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:15 am Is anyone else finding this one harder than the 1st one? I think I've died more on the first 5 chapters than I did in the entire first game. The margin for error seems to be much smaller in the sequel.
No idea yet, only finished the first chapter/prologue.

I did hit a bug where when you are practicing the sling, the little boats you are supposed to hit didn't display until I quit to the Main menu and reloaded (there was no way past this otherwise).

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Not necessarily cheats, but I like how the game gives you perks based on how you navigate sections of the game.

Play stealthy? Here, we'll make you quieter. Tend to go for the throat? Here, have the ability to push enemies into the fire/rats.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

...and done.

It was def a bit tougher than the first game and story-wise it was downright brutal but overall a great experience, very much in line with the first game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter