Evil Genius 2 World Domination

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

TheMix

Re: Evil Genius 2 World Domination

Post by TheMix »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 pm I want to thank Little Raven for the gift of this game. It was on my wishlist. I tried sending a PM but don't think I succeeded.
PS: Can anyone tell me how to choose a recipient in PM?
I use the Find a member link to the right of the Add buttons. Then either just use the brute force method of selecting the first letter of the user's name and then scrolling through the list, or use the search function.

I suppose if I sent PMs more frequently, I'd try to find an easier method.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 am
dbt1949 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 pm I want to thank Little Raven for the gift of this game. It was on my wishlist. I tried sending a PM but don't think I succeeded.
PS: Can anyone tell me how to choose a recipient in PM?
I use the Find a member link to the right of the Add buttons. Then either just use the brute force method of selecting the first letter of the user's name and then scrolling through the list, or use the search function.

I suppose if I sent PMs more frequently, I'd try to find an easier method.
If they have posted recently, click on their name and then click send Private Message.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So I played a whole lot and then sort of came to point where it doesn't matter. What happens when a agent takes pictures and leaves? Nothing. What happens when it overheats? Nothing. It came to feel like sandbox builder with not much point except for the motions of time to get a few seconds of dialog.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

In theory heat means stronger and stronger agents come after you. Until it snowballs you’re ok.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:52 pm In theory heat means stronger and stronger agents come after you. Until it snowballs you’re ok.
In reality heat means your income is cut for a little while. No biggie.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm
Zarathud wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:52 pm In theory heat means stronger and stronger agents come after you. Until it snowballs you’re ok.
There is heat in an area that leads to lockdowns that are temporary but there is also overall heat for each of the Good Guy organizations that drive the incursions that Zarathud is noting. You can see it on one of the info screens I forget where... it's been a week!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:16 pm
LordMortis wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm
There is heat in an area that leads to lockdowns that are temporary but there is also overall heat for each of the Good Guy organizations that drive the incursions that Zarathud is noting. You can see it on one of the info screens I forget where... it's been a week!
Upper right. So then a few investigators come by and spend money until you show the door. No biggie. (That may be different a higher level, not sure. I was many hours into the easy game and nothing changed, I'm not going to sit through many hours of a more difficult game without knowing more)
Formix

Post by Formix »

I'm at a point where it seems like managing heat is 50% of what I'm doing. Either paying in cash or sending valets which I'm continuously training.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Formix wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:48 pm I'm at a point where it seems like managing heat is 50% of what I'm doing. Either paying in cash or sending valets which I'm continuously training.
I got burned out at about thirty-eight hours in. As you mentioned, a lot of my time was on the World Stage, managing heat and sending new expeditions. It was beginning to feel like plate spinning. The bottleneck is of course the damn helicopter, I have to be careful not to get too backlogged. I've hit the max of 300 minions and every few minutes I'm just spending 10K of gold to buy more to keep the number near the limit.

I think what has caused me to lose that "just five more minutes playing before I got to bed" feeling is that base building has gotten boring. I've barely started into the upper two floors or the basement for more room since I don't really need too much more at this time. And except for power, of which I have bunches, building isn't very challenging. It isn't like, say, Surviving Mars where I have to balance power, water and O2, plus manage where my workers work, eat, sleep and other things. In EG2 I just occasionally add a few new bunks, a mess hall and some other stuff and I never seem to have many workers who aren't content. And while I'm playing on Easy, I think that if I was on Normal I'd just be adding more of those rooms as needed, since places like generator rooms, vaults and other rooms really don't need very much human interaction.

I'm not saying that EG2 is a bad game, it is just that I'm feeling like I'm not going to see new gameplay coming up, just continuing what I'm doing now. For me that's a reason to put it on the shelf and wait till I get the urge for it again, or perhaps the devs add some new features that get me excited again.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Formix wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:48 pm I'm at a point where it seems like managing heat is 50% of what I'm doing. Either paying in cash or sending valets which I'm continuously training.
That's where I was. Then I stopped managing it. Nothing got worse.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

New update.

Patch V1.2.0
With this update we've improved overall game stability, improved detection of audio devices, addressed a number of issues which could cause progression to become blocked, and made it simpler to see which of your Criminal Networks have no Schemes running.

We're continuing to listen to your feedback about balance and the desire for a swifter game pace, and are hard at work on further updates to these areas. Thanks to everyone who has got in touch, and thank you for your continued support of Evil Genius 2.

General
Crash fixes and stability improvements.
Audio device detection has been improved, and manual audio device selection has been added to the Launcher Options.
Radio Tower VFX has been disabled where a Scheme is running in the Region.
Narrative Characters can be successfully brainwashed if Objectives require them to be, even if the Lair is already at maximum minion capacity.
Trap effects no longer remain on minions or Agents indefinitely in unusual circumstances.
Stairs place on Gold tiles will be constructed correctly.
On the Crown Gold island Lair, the bridge from the Helipad is no longer autotagged for Distraction.
Improved gamepad support.
Various text and localisation improvements.

Campaigns
Tamara Krast can no longer be executed before the Task requires her to be in Max's campaign Objective, "Gold Fingers, And Toes, And...Well, Everything".
Narrative characters can no longer escape the Lair under unusual circumstances during Emma's Campaign Objective, "The Sound of Science".
Scientists consistently die after being Interrogated during during Emma's campaign Objective, "The Sound of Science".

Side Stories
Addressed issues where several Side Stories could be started without having the advanced minion types they required.
Loot items cannot be stolen by Rogues before their Side Stories are complete.
Side Story "Hail to the Chef" can now be completed correctly even if fewer than three Forces of Justice have at least one scouted Region.
Fugu Furakawa's Heat Reduction and Gold Schemes will no longer spawn multiple times simultaneously within a single Region.
Crime Lords will correctly become full Henchmen when their final Side Story Objective is completed, even if the reward has not yet been collected.
Arms Dealer Bodyguards have had their strength reduced during the "Up In Arms" Side Story.
Julius Bird can no longer be killed after Interrogation in "The Man With The Silver Gun" Side Story.
Completion rewards have been added to to the "Poisin' Ivy" Side Story.

Super Agents
John and Jane Steele can no longer be brainwashed.
Agent Steele will no longer arrive at the island dressed in scuba gear. Instead, one of a variety of John or Jane Steeles may arrive.

Henchmen
Carl Cafard can now be killed after being recruited as a Henchman when playing on Hard difficulty.

New
Trading cards have been added to the game! Get collecting minions.

Update 15:50 UK
Players who observed dead henchman in their lair should find them healthy once more.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I came back to this after finishing Outriders and Days Gone and... I'm abandoning it. I just can't find the fun in it. I accidentally went broke this morning upgrading my power. Managing the world stage is just annoying with 3 different super agents wandering around and clicking around picking schemes. It's all just very repetitive and grindy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:05 am I came back to this after finishing Outriders and Days Gone and... I'm abandoning it. I just can't find the fun in it. I accidentally went broke this morning upgrading my power. Managing the world stage is just annoying with 3 different super agents wandering around and clicking around picking schemes. It's all just very repetitive and grindy.
I felt the same way. Shame since I have the deluxe edition that's getting all the free updates... gotta remember not to be sucked into that trap :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Free stuff and premium stuff. Thanks Blues News!

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Did they make the world map game at all meaningful or barring that, at least enjoyable yet?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another big update for the game, with free and paid DLC, Patch V1.8.0 │ NEW Portal & Mechanical Minions DLC. Patch notes in the article.
With this update, our two latest DLC packs are available: the Mechanical Minions Pack is available to Season Pass holders or separately for purchase, and the Portal Pack is available as a FREE download for everyone! A huge thank you to our friends at Valve for letting us bring Aperture Science Test Chambers to the Evil Genius universe!

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Are those in-game screen grabs? If so, my GOD they look amazing. Too bad the game is apparently boring from several different reviews I've read. :(
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm Are those in-game screen grabs? If so, my GOD they look amazing. Too bad the game is apparently boring from several different reviews I've read. :(
Those aren't my screen shots but are apparently what they look like. I stopped playing the game for a while but with a new portal DLC I might give it another try. Sandbox mode might be the way to go for me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh wow those are so cool looking.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »